The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP David Bowie

+2
Rowley
Marky
6 posters

Go down

RIP David Bowie Empty RIP David Bowie

Post by Marky Mon 11 Jan 2016, 9:21 am

Absolute legend of music, my favourite musician of all time as well.

rose

Marky

Back to top Go down

RIP David Bowie Empty Re: RIP David Bowie

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:25 am

RIP Lemmy seeing as no f*cker decided to do a thread for you. I was too upset/drunk at the time

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 11 Jan 2016, 12:37 pm

RIP indeed, I never particularly classed myself as a huge Bowie fan, but even as someone who is not a huge fan of his music per se it is hard not to have huge admiration for him as an artist. He never rested on his laurels, was constantly attempting to reinvent or push himself. Terms such as legend and great are oft overused, but Bowie is the real deal. Should also say his output in the 70's is nothing short of staggering, classic album after classic album, Hunky Dory (my personal favourite), Ziggy, Station to Station, Low and barely a misstep amongst them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 11 Jan 2016, 12:51 pm

Britain's "artist" of a musician.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 11 Jan 2016, 1:24 pm

Lets dance
Ashes to ashes
China girl
Major tom
Changes
heros

just a few great songs from Bowie I was shocked when I heard the news the best way I can describe him is original.

However he did let himself down with that God awful dancing in the streets video with Mick Jagger. Watch it its the WORST music video of ALL time.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 11 Jan 2016, 7:38 pm

I am now convinced that the majority of 606 members are in the prime of puberty. A real musician has died today and only 4 people including myself have left a response.

I am not a massive dedicated Bowie fan but even as a kid his music always appeared to me to be different from the music at the time. Strange and beautiful , music that you could tell had a little thought put into it unlike todays dross that repeats the same chorus 10 times in a row.

Brilliant artist and a bit of an anarchist RIP. rose

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:53 pm

RIP. A true individual. I can't ever claim to have been a real fan but his passing has really affected me. A truly significant person.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue 12 Jan 2016, 12:23 am

So shocked today to hear the news. I grew up with Bowie and he was my hero all through school. I styled my hair like his and had the nickname Ziggy which stuck with me for years. He was so different and along perhaps with Bolan the first of the glam rockers which appealed to my rebellious nature so much more than the discipline of school.

I so wanted my life to turn out like his, creative, individual, original and modern. With none of his talent though I had to settle for a tedious career in Insurance. He was a genius and so ahead of his time, been listening to 'Aladdin Sane' tonight and it still sounds great even though unbelievably its over 40 years old now. Rest in peace David, I really feel like a little piece of me died as well today. rose

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 9:28 am

I'm still listening to MOTORHEAD, proper music with a soul and balls and you can sing along with the words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down