The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons vs Blues 27th December

+13
LordDowlais
bedfordwelsh
gog1992
wales606
Notch
glamorganalun
wayne
Gleision
dragon999
mikey_dragon
Luckless Pedestrian
Cardiff Dave
GavinDragon
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dragons vs Blues 27th December - Page 2 Empty Dragons vs Blues 27th December

Post by GavinDragon Mon 21 Dec 2015, 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Getting this one started early as it is my last working day today and I am bored stiff!

This one is going to be a cracker! Both teams coming off the back off good wins against tough opposition in Europe and also having a good December in general. A sell out crowd will add to the atmosphere and I cannot wait to get down to watch it.

Will post up the squads when announced, but from a Dragons perspective I would like to see the following squad:-

Meyer
Hewitt
Hughes
Warren
Prydie (if fit)
Jason
Sarel

Faletau
Griffiths
Evans
Hill
Landman
Brok
Dee
Boris

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Dragons vs Blues 27th December - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragons vs Blues 27th December

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 5:09 pm

We got into the Blues' 22 a fair bit but didn't come away with scores often enough. Lots of phases but they melted away to mush with the try line in sight.

Back to top Go down

Dragons vs Blues 27th December - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragons vs Blues 27th December

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm

Unfortunately Lewis is partial to the odd yellow. Gutted really. It's annoying that we showed the most attacking intent on the whole, yet lost and got outscored on tries.

I was kind of hoping they'd lose after that stupid Tom James shush thing too laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by gog1992 Sun 27 Dec 2015, 5:31 pm

I think Ashton Hewitt has a good chance of being selected in the six nations squad. Has been very good recently and is definitely a better option than Cuthbert( Great step as well)

gog1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 5:44 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Unfortunately Lewis is partial to the odd yellow. Gutted really. It's annoying that we showed the most attacking intent on the whole, yet lost and got outscored on tries.

I was kind of hoping they'd lose after that stupid Tom James shush thing too laughing

Yeah that shush thing annoyed me a bit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 27 Dec 2015, 5:47 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Lewis Evans had a good game up until the daft yellow. Unlucky Dragons both teams improving, good game

Dozy more like.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 27 Dec 2015, 5:48 pm

Griff wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Unfortunately Lewis is partial to the odd yellow. Gutted really. It's annoying that we showed the most attacking intent on the whole, yet lost and got outscored on tries.

Yeah that shush thing annoyed me a bit!

Should make him take home the kit to wash and iron.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 27 Dec 2015, 5:54 pm

wales606 wrote:Oooooh,

No positive moments at all from the first 60m then they go and win it!

Yep and The Drags should've won, but they blue it. Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 27 Dec 2015, 6:29 pm

Saying that, I didn't realise that Patch shifted to 10 when Fish came on. Made a difference and certainly added a bit of pace. Drags outcoached possibly/eventually?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 27 Dec 2015, 6:38 pm

Also, Cardiff couldn't get a maul rolling forward until the penalty try. Strange that.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 27 Dec 2015, 7:13 pm

gog1992 wrote:I think Ashton Hewitt has a good chance of being selected in the six nations squad. Has been very good recently and is definitely a better option than Cuthbert( Great step as well)

Definitely a better option than Cuthbert, and also possibly Eli Walker who is made of glass.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 27 Dec 2015, 8:21 pm

We had plenty of half chances made a few nice breaks but it was our final execution/last pass etc that cost us dearly.

Was a very good derby game that we should of won.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 27 Dec 2015, 10:45 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:We had plenty of half chances made a few nice breaks but it was our final execution/last pass etc that cost us dearly.

Was a very good derby game that we should of won.

And your lot were winning 17-6 with 15mins to go. Thought Cardiff were done for.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 27 Dec 2015, 10:56 pm

Lyn made some stupid substitutions yet again though - does he make them for the sake of it?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 4:05 am

When I hinted that Sarel was out, I knew Luc would get more minutes than he should. Then he subbed Landman because he was "tiring" too. Give me strength.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:44 am

What with his tombola selections and his pre planned subs we are never going to be consistent enough to win games.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Mon 28 Dec 2015, 1:45 pm

I would usually lambast the amount of kicking, but yesterday they were executed well and put us in good positions. Just that clinical edge when we are in opp 22 is letting us down. I do wonder whether letting DE go was a mistake, given how the Bath backline are playing.

Gutted. The Blues will only get better with their new signings whereas we are yet to announce any and will more than likely get the scraps.

Still, was a cracking atmosphere

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 28 Dec 2015, 2:13 pm

Certainly a great atmosphere, and the stadium was hardly recognisable with all those people there - same can be said about Parc-Y. I wish we could all get those numbers every week.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 28 Dec 2015, 2:23 pm

I was at Rodney Parade yesterday, and everyone is right, it was rocking down there, really harked back to the golden days. We'll done to the locals for putting on an excellent show.

On another note, what more can us Welshies ask for ? Two games, both going down to the wire that could be won with the last kick. With players coming back next season, could we be onto a winner here in Wales ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 28 Dec 2015, 2:28 pm

We can only hope so LD - I think that would require us Dragons to get stronger, what with everyone else adding some serious signings to their team. If that requires a new coach then so be it, as we are as inconsistent as Lyn's way of thinking.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon 28 Dec 2015, 2:47 pm

We also need good crowds, atmosphere helps, we'll be lucky to have 12000 on Friday, and it will probably be around the 9 to 10 thousand mark. I tell you what, I haven't been to the Parade since I demonstrated against the Springboks there in what was it the 60s or 70s, but if any of you on this board agree to meet up before this game, I promise to come down there for the return fixture.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon 28 Dec 2015, 3:03 pm

Great game, unfortunately again best team lost. Bit of stupidity from Lewis although this peeling off the maul is an odd one, personally I can not understand why it's only a penalty against the attacking team, sometimes?

Saying that if Mayer had kicked to touch in the last minute, Lewis would have come back on and the Dragons would have probably held out.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 28 Dec 2015, 4:07 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:We can only hope so LD - I think that would require us Dragons to get stronger, what with everyone else adding some serious signings to their team. If that requires a new coach then so be it, as we are as inconsistent as Lyn's way of thinking.

Mikey, although you are losing Faletau, you are keeping hold if some of your key players, Amos, Dixon, and with some of the younger forwards you have having an extra season under their belt, I do not think Dragons will be weaker.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 28 Dec 2015, 4:28 pm

Probably won't be weaker, but we need to get stronger. There are some areas in the front 5 that need some serious signings along with an international standard fly-half who has a high percentage kicking rate. Outside of that I think we are good elsewhere in the backs and in the back-row - Jackson is turning out to be a good No.8.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 28 Dec 2015, 4:30 pm

Hewitt had the better of Cuthbert, he had a vèry good game in attack and defence unlike most Welsh wingers

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 28 Dec 2015, 4:31 pm

gog1992 wrote:I think Ashton Hewitt has a good chance of being selected in the six nations squad. Has been very good recently and is definitely a better option than Cuthbert( Great step as well)

Played very well and took his chance when needed. Alex Cuthbert has really gone down hill. I really liked him when he came on the scene but I now see him as a liability.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon 28 Dec 2015, 5:11 pm

Really enjoyed the game, stupidly I didn't book tickets before hand and was shocked to read it was sold out. Luckily we were able to pick up six tickets from people who had a few to many here or there. Good to see us dig out of a hole again (helped by Lewis' brain fart). Would love to double down on this and beat the Scarlets on friday. Lovely fans in the North Terrace again. Always enjoy a trip to Newport.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 28 Dec 2015, 5:50 pm

I have watched every game over the festive period except the Italian game, and the difference in ethos between the respective countries is plain as day.

The Welsh derbies were of a much higher standard than most of the other games, Leinster and Munster was not that bad, but it was nowhere near the quality of the two Welsh derbies.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 28 Dec 2015, 7:48 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I have watched every game over the festive period except the Italian game, and the difference in ethos between the respective countries is plain as day.

The Welsh derbies were of a much higher standard than most of the other games, Leinster and Munster was not that bad, but it was nowhere near the quality of the two Welsh derbies.

Both Welsh derbys were close and good to watch but the Blues and The Dragons are the bottom two non Italian sides. We need these teams to front up in non Welsh games.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 29 Dec 2015, 12:25 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Hewitt had the better of Cuthbert, he had a vèry good game in attack and defence unlike most Welsh wingers

He's really good in defence. Great tackling technique.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 30 Dec 2015, 1:24 pm

LordDowlais wrote:I have watched every game over the festive period except the Italian game, and the difference in ethos between the respective countries is plain as day.

Lord, I was at Rodney and the atmosphere was fantastic, but two close, exciting Welsh derbies doesn't necessarily mean quality. There were a lot of errors and some clueless decisions. Great games to watch but not IMO great quality.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 31 Dec 2015, 6:36 pm

offload wrote:

Lord, I was at Rodney and the atmosphere was fantastic, but two close, exciting Welsh derbies doesn't necessarily mean quality. There were a lot of errors and some clueless decisions. Great games to watch but not IMO great quality.

That's rugby I spose. Teams sports in general. To have atmosphere and excitement is a bonus.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Dec 2015, 7:06 pm

Yay to atmosphere! It doesn't get us very far down at RP, but it helps me drink more beer and thus, I suppose, swells the coffers a bit more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 31 Dec 2015, 7:31 pm

Griff wrote:Yay to atmosphere! It doesn't get us very far down at RP, but it helps me drink more beer and thus, I suppose, swells the coffers a bit more.

Intensity is good. Can be bad too though. As in a HEC semi final with a penalty shootout.
I pouted for ages after that experience.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Dec 2015, 8:42 pm

Yep. I think there's a subtle but important difference between intensity and excitement. We all want excitement, but I think we've sometimes forogotten what it is (although each to his own, of course). I think intensity is the thing the 6N has now, and has become, instead of excitement. The exciting games of old have been replaced with very intense games won on marginal decisions and errors, for the most part. The SH showed us exciting rugby in the World Cup. That's the game I love (loved Sad ). The 6N is often now an edge of the seat, nail biting, hands over eyes, 'please don't make a mistake' fest - sort of exciting, but more intense than anything. I'm rambling now but in my mind I know what I'm on about Wink

P.s. Good effort on the 5 latest posts on the forum. Some feat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 31 Dec 2015, 9:13 pm

Griff wrote:Yep. I think there's a subtle but important difference between intensity and excitement. We all want excitement, but I think we've sometimes forogotten what it is (although each to his own, of course). I think intensity is the thing the 6N has now, and has become, instead of excitement. The exciting games of old have been replaced with very intense games won on marginal decisions and errors, for the most part. The SH showed us exciting rugby in the World Cup. That's the game I love (loved Sad ). The 6N is often now an edge of the seat, nail biting, hands over eyes, 'please don't make a mistake' fest - sort of exciting, but more intense than anything. I'm rambling now but in my mind I know what I'm on about Wink

Thanks.
So it's team Wales that makes you groovy rather than NGD?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Dec 2015, 9:20 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:Yep. I think there's a subtle but important difference between intensity and excitement. We all want excitement, but I think we've sometimes forogotten what it is (although each to his own, of course). I think intensity is the thing the 6N has now, and has become, instead of excitement. The exciting games of old have been replaced with very intense games won on marginal decisions and errors, for the most part. The SH showed us exciting rugby in the World Cup. That's the game I love (loved Sad ). The 6N is often now an edge of the seat, nail biting, hands over eyes, 'please don't make a mistake' fest - sort of exciting, but more intense than anything. I'm rambling now but in my mind I know what I'm on about Wink

Thanks.

Rugby, Dave. Rugby gets me groovy! In all its forms. I know some (maybe you?) don't like international rugby discussions on a club thread or forum, and like to seperate the two, but not me. It's all the same as far as I'm concerned.

But I have to admit, in answer to your question, that in recent years international rugby has given me a bit more joy than the club game. Swings and roundabouts though. Changes every few years I suppose (for me).

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 31 Dec 2015, 10:05 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Thanks.

Rugby, Dave. Rugby gets me groovy! In all its forms. I know some (maybe you?) don't like international rugby discussions on a club thread or forum, and like to seperate the two, but not me. It's all the same as far as I'm concerned.

But I have to admit, in answer to your question, that in recent years international rugby has given me a bit more joy than the club game. Swings and roundabouts though. Changes every few years I suppose (for me).

Nevermind Wales. The Drags need to turn on and tune in.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 02 Jan 2016, 7:31 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Thanks.

Hardly surprising since we all endured a civil war for 4 years when everything was geared towards team Dodger.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2