The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having lots of kids - Is it arrogant?

+23
Dolphin Ziggler
Mochyn du
huw
navyblueshorts
Pr4wn
TRUSSMAN66
kingraf
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Galted
Hammersmith harrier
incontinentia
TopHat24/7
westisbest
hornbloweroafc
MIG
seanmichaels
Stella
hampo17
ShahenshahG
Derbymanc
aja424
Steffan
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Having lots of kids - Is it arrogant? Empty Having lots of kids - Is it arrogant?

Post by Steffan Sun 20 Dec 2015, 5:52 pm

I grew up with a guy who I am still friends with to this day

He got married and now has 5 kids with his wife

The other day a few pictures came up on Facebook and I just could't help but think "You really must love yourselves to want to supply the world with so many copies of yourself"

Now as a guy who has never wanted kids, never will and quite honestly cannot even grasp the concept of why anyone would want them maybe I am naturally going to be cynical

I appreciate what they do doesn't affect me but I just couldn't help but think "how smug are you"

So is having lots of kids arrogant or do they just like children?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Having lots of kids - Is it arrogant? Empty Re: Having lots of kids - Is it arrogant?

Post by aja424 Sun 20 Dec 2015, 6:59 pm

Probably like children, so had some.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Having lots of kids - Is it arrogant? Empty Re: Having lots of kids - Is it arrogant?

Post by Derbymanc Sun 20 Dec 2015, 8:49 pm

Dunno how you can say it's arrogant Stef, doesn't really make sense to be honest. as long as they can love and support them then i'ts not an issue tends to become one for me when they're demanding stuff because of them though (this goes for anyone with kids not just large families)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 20 Dec 2015, 8:53 pm

It's probably that they love their kids and it's unlikely that they took your feelings into consideration when having them so they are probably smug selfish b*stards. He's pretty lucky to have a friend like you diss him anonymously on an unrelated forum rather than just asking him why they have them. It's good for his humility.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 20 Dec 2015, 10:13 pm

Steffan I have two kids, do I want more? Yes. Will I have more? honestly I don't know. Certainly not arrogant to want more kids, and as long as they're not sponging off the government then it's all good.

Last edited by PaulHv2 on Sat 09 Jan 2016, 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 20 Dec 2015, 11:00 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:Steffan I have two kids, do I want more? Yes. Will I have more? honestly I don't know. Certainly not arrogant to want more kids, and as long as they're sponging off the government then it's all good.

laughing

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 20 Dec 2015, 11:03 pm

Shah, I genuinely believe Steffy doesn't notice that Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 21 Dec 2015, 10:28 am

I have two and would have lost more, but we really cannot afford to. Having kids is something to cherish, well for some. Give it a go Steffan, you may enjoy it!!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 11:59 am

Stella wrote:I have two and would have lost more, but we really cannot afford to. Having kids is something to cherish, well for some. Give it a go Steffan, you may enjoy it!!
Yes, the authorities clamp down on too many lost children, Stella.

As for the OP, it's threads like this that make it difficult to decide whether to hate Steffan more than ONETWO. I'd probably go with hating ONETWO more as Steffan's issues stem from his understandable insecurity, general feelings of worthlessness and being Welsh. The fact he thinks people have children to make "carbon copies" of themselves is naïve in the extreme. We want our children to be their own person and to have a positive impact on the world we brought them into. One can only hope Steffan is not a carbon copy of his father although the alternative is equally worrying.

Anyway, Merry Xmas Steffan from all of us here at 606v2 especially the ones daring to have children without first consulting you and considering the impact it might have on your fragile ego.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 21 Dec 2015, 12:06 pm

Erm lots Smile
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 21 Dec 2015, 12:11 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Stella wrote:I have two and would have lost more, but we really cannot afford to. Having kids is something to cherish, well for some. Give it a go Steffan, you may enjoy it!!

As for the OP, it's threads like this that make it difficult to decide whether to hate Steffan more than ONETWO. I'd probably go with hating ONETWO more as Steffan's issues stem from his understandable insecurity, general feelings of worthlessness and being Welsh. The fact he thinks people have children to make "carbon copies" of themselves is naïve in the extreme. We want our children to be their own person and to have a positive impact on the world we brought them into. One can only hope Steffan is not a carbon copy of his father although the alternative is equally worrying.

Anyway, Merry Xmas Steffan from all of us here at 606v2 especially the ones daring to have children without first consulting you and considering the impact it might have on your fragile ego.
The vile hateful trolling abuse that I was looking for. Just for raising up a controversial question that you disagreed with Yahoo

You could have just said 'In my opinion Steffan people have lots of kids probably because they love them and can afford them'

But no you had to be your usual abusive xenophobic self who's only form of self worth is life trying to run people you have never met down on an internet forum. You even stooped as low to bring my father into it

Merry Xmas Dave...can't remember whether you have kids or not...I hope not for their sake...but if you do hope you and the family have a good one Very Happy

Regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 21 Dec 2015, 2:02 pm

DAVE667 wrote: The fact he thinks people have children to make "carbon copies" of themselves is naïve in the extreme. We want our children to be their own person and to have a positive impact on the world we brought them into. One can only hope Steffan is not a carbon copy of his father although the alternative is equally worrying.

Your sister is your mother
Your uncle is your brother
You all f@*k one another
The ******* family

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 2:58 pm

Steffan wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

The vile hateful trolling abuse that I was looking for. Just for raising up a controversial question that you disagreed with Yahoo
WHICH JUST GOES TO PROVE MY POINT THAT YOU SUFFER FROM INSECURITY AND LOW SELF ESTEEM

You could have just said 'In my opinion Steffan people have lots of kids probably because they love them and can afford them'
BUT THEN I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LAUNCH INTO MY HATE-FILLED TIRADE

But no you had to be your usual abusive xenophobic self who's only form of self worth is life trying to run people you have never met down on an internet forum. You even stooped as low to bring my father into it
I HAVE OTHER FORMS OF SELF WORTH BUT THIS IS LOTS OF FUN ESPECIALLY WHEN IT UPSETS YOU SO MUCH. YOU TALK ABOUT ME RUNNING PEOPLE DOWN YET YOU FEEL IT OK FOR YOU TO DISPARAGE THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO HAVE CHILDREN WITHOUT BOTHERING TO ASK WHY. AS FOR YOU FATHER, I'M SURE LIKE MOST FATHERS, HE'S NEITHER A HERO OR A VILLAIN, JUST A MAN TRYING TO DO HIS BEST IN A F*CKED UP WORLD. HOWEVER, FEEL CONTENT TO ASSUME I'M BEING CRITICAL OF YOUR FATHER AS IT MAKES IT EASIER TO AVOID THE ACTUAL TOPIC AT HAND...NAMELY WHAT A SHIVERING LITTLE WRETCH YOU SEEM TO BE

Merry Xmas Dave...can't remember whether you have kids or not...I hope not for their sake...but if you do hope you and the family have a good one Very Happy
I'VE GOT TWO YOUNG CHILDREN, STEFFAN. THANK YOU FOR YOU GOOD WISHES AND MAY I EXTEND THE SAME TO YOU THIS COMING FESTIVE SEASON.

Regards

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 21 Dec 2015, 3:20 pm

Steffan, out of interest, do you say these sorts of things out loud in real life? To real people?
This may just be the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen on an internet forum, anywhere.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 21 Dec 2015, 3:26 pm

MIG wrote:Steffan, out of interest, do you say these sorts of things out loud in real life?  To real people?
Yeah. It's called Katie Hopkins syndrome Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Mon 21 Dec 2015, 4:50 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:It's probably that they love their kids and it's unlikely that they took your feelings into consideration when having them so they are probably smug selfish b*stards. He's pretty lucky to have a friend like you diss him anonymously on an unrelated forum rather than just asking him why they have them. It's good for his humility.

^^^^
This
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 6:19 pm

Think it might be that saying, you cant knock it until you try it.

Must say being a parent is the best thing that has happend to me.
Have a 2 yeard old son.
The wife wants another, me not to botherd either way.

Wouldnt want more than 2, which she agrees with.

Alot to handle.
Fair play to your mate for coping with 5 if anything.

Fair enough if people dont want kids, but if someone never has kids, they somply will never know that feeling of how great it is to be a parent.

I love seeing my son laughing, being happy, its such a joy to watch.
Also the excitement off seeing him grow up and seeing what the future holds for him.

Have met a few parents that never shut up about their kids.

That can be quite boring after a while.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:08 am

Alright West, stop going on zzzzz

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:00 am

Can't see how it would ever be considered arrogant.

But when you're asking others to pick up the cheque for your careless breeding it is indeed both selfish and irresponsible.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:20 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Can't see how it would ever be considered arrogant.

But when you're asking others to pick up the cheque for your careless breeding it is indeed both selfish and irresponsible.
So Toppy, did your parents have private healthcare whilst you were in your mother, did you have a private Nursery and private tuition growing or did you a "normal" school?

Just asking because if you didn't have a private education or healthcare plan then your folks were also asking someone else to pick up the cheque and help raise their child. Would you consider them selfish and irresponsible?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:35 am

My parents paid a f*** load of tax. If they hadn't they could indeed have afford private everything.

Asking someone else to pick up the cheque refers more to those who go cap in hand to the taxpayer to fund their kids upbringing, not simply make a fair use of the public services which they already contribute significantly towards anyway.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 1:30 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:My parents paid a f*** load of tax. If they hadn't they could indeed have afford private everything.

Asking someone else to pick up the cheque refers more to those who go cap in hand to the taxpayer to fund their kids upbringing, not simply make a fair use of the public services which they already contribute significantly towards anyway.
I knew that but maybe you should consider explaining yourself more clearly lest you come across as a Tyson Fury-esque tw*t.

By the way, what do you consider to be "fair use of the public services"?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Dec 2015, 2:41 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

When I first met my ex I didn't like crapping at her flat so used to walk round the corner to the public bogs and crap there. I consider that a fair use of public services and it used to  infuriate me if they were closed for whatever reason.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 3:26 pm

Given how that relationship worked out, I bet you regret not sh!tting in the airing cupboard now, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:01 pm

I actually agree a bit with the OP and am once again disappointed by the inability of some members to discuss a point in a non-inflammatory way. Some parents are terribly smug and seem to talk about nothingelse than their progeny while others feel obliged to feign interest. I can't see the point in having kids either, and in fact people should be encouraged not to as the world population reaches ever more unsustainable levels.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:08 pm

Oh yes Britain and Ireland, two countries so affected by the ever increasing world population and yes parents do talk about their kids a lot, it's called having pride in them.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:48 pm

Bill Hicks had a great rant on this topic.

http://thebillhicksarchive.blogspot.ie/2005/05/your-children-arent-special.html?m=1

incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Dec 2015, 11:15 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

When I first met my ex I didn't like crapping at her flat so used to walk round the corner to the public bogs and crap there. I consider that a fair use of public services and it used to  infuriate me if they were closed for whatever reason.

I do a similar thing on buses - I stand around near the stairwell so I can get a good look at ladies' undercarriages when they head up to the top deck.  Costs nowt and everyone is a WINNER.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 23 Dec 2015, 12:09 am

incontinentia wrote:disappointed by the inability of some members to discuss a point in a non-inflammatory way
That's Dave and Shah for you. Wouldn't say I am disappointed by it though. I'm used to it now

incontinentia wrote:Some parents are terribly smug and seem to talk about nothing else than their progeny while others feel obliged to feign interest
Agreed. I appreciate that a parent would be proud that Jack did his first slash on the toilet or that Emily had a gold star in school but do these people really need to tell their 348 friends on Facebook this?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 23 Dec 2015, 1:04 am

You didn't say that at all. You said a few pictures came up which isn't the same thing as parents talking too much about their children. If you don't like it tell it to his face rather than bitching behind his back and looking for opportunities to play victim. As for Facebook it really is full of sh*t but they're sharing it with the people they love and who will also be interested in their niece or nephew or grandchildren and people who want share the joy. Yeah it's annoying to those who arent interested but there are far worse things in the world than parents who talk about their children too much. Just the medium is different but there's a great thing about all these social media accounts...you can ignore em or block em which you can't do in real life.

As for smug ...I think the pair of you should look in the mirror and you'll see what smug looks like. Two gutless men sitting in judgement in private without bothering to confront the actual reasons for their ownn unhappiness or put aside a little annoyance for the happiness of their friends.

There are others on here who don't have children either through inability or choice but theyre adult enough to put up with a little prattle. I didnt take issue with your thoughts Steffan moronic as they are but with the typically spiteful cowardly and whiny way in which you put them across.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 23 Dec 2015, 2:12 am

Crikey relax mun Shah it's just a little gripe I'm hardly accusing these people of being bad

And the whole is it smug to have lots of kids was actually something that was raised on a TV show before which I cannot remember what but it was a comedy panel show (a bit like 'Have I got news for you' but I know it wasn't that one)

I'd just thought I'd raise the question for a bit of a debate and you are entitled to your opinion but you don't have to go to Dave levels and to try make me out to be some horrible bitter individual just to get kicks over the internet. If I wanted a character assassination I would message my ex

Dave is vile and beyond any reasonable debate but you don't need to lower yourself to his level

Just chill out a bit

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Dec 2015, 7:42 am

ShahenshahG wrote:

There are others on here who don't have children either through inability or choice but theyre adult enough to put up with a little prattle.

He means me. I am a class act though, is hard to expect the rank and file to live up to the kind of standards I set.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Dec 2015, 8:38 am

Kids are hard work, but lets face it, adults are worse.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 23 Dec 2015, 8:41 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Kids are hard work, but lets face it, adults are worse.

Too late to save your reputation Tino.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Dec 2015, 8:42 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Kids are hard work, but lets face it, adults are worse.

Too late to save your reputation Tino.

That went years ago mate.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 23 Dec 2015, 8:59 am

Steffan wrote:
incontinentia wrote:disappointed by the inability of some members to discuss a point in a non-inflammatory way
That's Dave and Shah for you. Wouldn't say I am disappointed by it though. I'm used to it now

incontinentia wrote:Some parents are terribly smug and seem to talk about nothing else than their progeny while others feel obliged to feign interest
Agreed. I appreciate that a parent would be proud that Jack did his first slash on the toilet or that Emily had a gold star in school but do these people really need to tell their 348 friends on Facebook this?

You wouldn't like my wife. She likes to put the odd picture of our kids on FB from time to time. As for Facebook. My mate calls it falsebook, which sums up some of the stuff people like to tell every tom dick and harry they're doing.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Dec 2015, 9:50 am

My biggest gripe is mates who suddenly have new friends (NCT?) after having kids.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:03 am

Stella wrote:
Steffan wrote:

You wouldn't like my wife. She likes to put the odd picture of our kids on FB from time to time. As for Facebook. My mate calls it falsebook, which sums up some of the stuff people like to tell every tom dick and harry they're doing.

how is that any different to how people are in real life?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:04 am

Have I had posts deleted?

Pretty sure I answered Dave's question about 'fair use of public services' in a reasoned, legitimate and relevant way.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 23 Dec 2015, 10:05 am

kingraf wrote:
Stella wrote:
Steffan wrote:

how is that any different to how people are in real life?

People don't tend to take photo's of their meal, and bring them into work for people to see!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 02 Jan 2016, 5:47 pm

The problem I have with people having five kids is the amount of poor kids stuck in care without a family...

Ideal world for me would be three is your max but you'll be allowed to adopt two more if your financial situation is up to it !!!.......Of course red tape would need to be cut as it is too hard to adopt these days and loving would be parents probably give up trying......Scandalous how hard it is for good people to adopt a kid..

Can't speak for anybody else but if I found out my two weren't mine I'd be upset but I wouldn't love them any less...

But that's just my take...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 02 Jan 2016, 6:29 pm

incontinentia wrote:Bill Hicks had a great rant on this topic.

http://thebillhicksarchive.blogspot.ie/2005/05/your-children-arent-special.html?m=1

That was so insightful, a rant from a comedian who was barely relevant 25 years ago, the best thing to ever happen to Hicks was dying young as his actual comedy was sh!t and grossly over-rated. It's a rant that goes nowhere, is trying to be edgy and failing (as Hicks always did) and generally says sweet FA but the wannabe intellectuals lap it up to try and be different, to be seen as somebody when they're nobody.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 02 Jan 2016, 7:58 pm

The duck did I just read?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 02 Jan 2016, 8:31 pm

Me or Hicks? haha

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 02 Jan 2016, 8:35 pm

Hicks.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jan 2016, 6:13 pm

..Have no doubts Jo would tell her mothering mates in the school yard what a useless no good yank meat head she was married to...

So it always amused me on the odd occasion I picked Rob up...when I was deep in conversation with "her" kid as we walked out of the school yard together.. and some chick would say "You must be Jo's husband"..

"Wow...What gave it away??"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 07 Jan 2016, 9:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:.
"Wow...What gave it away??"..

My money is on the meat head Truss.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jan 2016, 10:30 pm

That's very good..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 08 Jan 2016, 10:04 am

I'm of the opinion that having lots of children is selfish. Nothing personal to those that have them, but increasing the world's population even further just isn't wise, whether you can afford to pay for them or not.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 08 Jan 2016, 11:14 am

Are you volunteering to be culled then?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next