The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations 2016....

+49
Shifty
nathan
Knowsit17
wrfc1980
Gwlad
Mad for Chelsea
RubyGuby
the-goon
Fanster
gregortree
asoreleftshoulder
kunu
GavinDragon
Student-A1
Rory_Gallagher
IanBru
eirebilly
offload
Exiledinborders
Pete330v2
little_badger
TJ
Sgt_Pooly
WELL-PAST-IT
LondonTiger
mikey_dragon
RuggerRadge2611
BamBam
funnyExiledScot
Poorfour
robbo277
Cyril
bedfordwelsh
beshocked
lostinwales
Barney McGrew did it
No 7&1/2
rainbow-warrior
doctor_grey
Geordie
Dontheman2
NeilyBroon
munkian
profitius
No9
yappysnap
whocares
majesticimperialman
53 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

6 Nations 2016.... Empty 6 Nations 2016....

Post by Guest Wed 9 Dec - 14:52

....well, why not!  It's only about 8 weeks away:

Week 1

6 February 2016
France v Italy 15:25 CET (UTC+1)
Stade de France, Paris
Referee: JP Doyle (England)

Scotland v England 16:50 GMT (UTC+0)
BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh
Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)

7 February 2016
Ireland v Wales 15:00 GMT (UTC+0)
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)

Some good grudge matches in that lot!

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2016.... Empty Re: 6 Nations 2016....

Post by Barney McGrew did it Wed 9 Dec - 15:23

England 2nd
Italy last
Ire/ Wal 1st & 3rd (not necessarily in that order)
Fra & Sco divied up as you wish.
No GS.
There, done for another year.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 9 Dec - 17:29

Barney.

England 2nd? Well i think i would hold off with that.

This will be Eddie Jones first 6ns. So it will depend on who he picks, for the team/squad. Who he chooses for Captain.

So in my view 2nd might be a bit optimistic too be honest.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed 9 Dec - 21:52

England did came second during Lancaster first 6N and with a few key players retiring so don't see why they can't achieve at least the same again.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 9 Dec - 22:18

Yes but iirc some of that was based on others being terrible too, which we can't bank on

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 10 Dec - 0:05

yappysnap wrote:Yes but iirc some of that was based on others being terrible too, which we can't bank on
Coming in second was what earned Lancaster the full time appointment. One big difference between where Lancaster was and where Eddie is now was the understanding of many of the players. Lancaster was familiar with many of them before he started. Of course, he never improved on that finish.........

Looking at the 6 Nations, there is a lot of change. O'Connell is gone for Ireland, France have a new boss (who I do not care for), Wales still have injuries and depth is thin at the moment, England have a new boss. So that must mean the 6 Nations goes to Scotland or Italy?????

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 10 Dec - 1:29

I see England winning this (... did I say that ... Crying or Very sad )...

I just think, England will beat Wales in Twickenham, and after a p!ss poor World Cup, they will be out to prove they aren't down and out..

Think Ireland are going to have a poor 6 Nations, finishing 3rd (maybe 4th).

Scotland will be boyant and will take some scalps, and will be fighting Ireland the 3rd place, so they will finish 3rd or 4th.

France will have a game or two in them, but think their woe will continue this season, finishing 5th, with Italy getting the bottom spot.

Being Welsh, left Wales till last. I think, having the 3 home games (France, Scotland and Italy), we will be pushing for the title. But as I said in above, England will have a point to prove and beat us in Twickenham. I actually think they will go to Paris in the last game looking for their first Grand Slam since 2003, leaving Wales in 2nd place.

But the brilliant thing about the 6 Nations, is the form book goes out of the window and it can be anyones on the day...

Dont you just love it.. Very Happy

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 10 Dec - 4:39

No9 wrote:Dont you just love it.. Very Happy
Abso-freakin-lutely. Best sports competition in the world.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 10 Dec - 7:13

No9 wrote:I see England winning this (... did I say that ... Crying or Very sad )...

I just think, England will beat Wales in Twickenham, and after a p!ss poor World Cup, they will be out to prove they aren't down and out..

Think Ireland are going to have a poor 6 Nations, finishing 3rd (maybe 4th).

Scotland will be boyant and will take some scalps, and will be fighting Ireland the 3rd place, so they will finish 3rd or 4th.

France will have a game or two in them, but think their woe will continue this season, finishing 5th, with Italy getting the bottom spot.

Being Welsh, left Wales till last. I think, having the 3 home games (France, Scotland and Italy), we will be pushing for the title. But as I said in above, England will have a point to prove and beat us in Twickenham. I actually think they will go to Paris in the last game looking for their first Grand Slam since 2003, leaving Wales in 2nd place.

But the brilliant thing about the 6 Nations, is the form book goes out of the window and it can be anyones on the day...

Dont you just love it.. Very Happy

No9,

They may well beat us at Twickenham (that's beauty of the 6 Nations) but for us a lot will depend on our 1st game.  If we can get a result in Ireland we then have two home game against France and Scotland which we are more than capable of winning which means we would travel to Twickenham full of confidence on the back of 3 wins.

Win that game then it's Italy at home for the Slam - easy really see lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 10 Dec - 9:05

Eddie Jones has a baptism of fire - A trip to Murrayfield first up against the auld enemy...

I just don't know what to expect from this England team at all. Ill have more idea when I see who he selects (and I mean the potential 11 replacements)

That will give us an indicator of how we'll play and possibly how we may fair in the competition.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 10 Dec - 9:29

1st-3rd Ireland, England and Wales (in any order, probably points difference involved as usual)
4th France
5th/6th - Italy and Scotland dogfight for wooden spoon/whitewash (it's in Italy so they're probably slight favourites)

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 10 Dec - 11:25

As a Scots fan it makes me nervous that we're facing a side likely to be invigorated under Eddie Jones, I always maintain that England could easily be the best side in the world if the coaching wasn't so pants.

Wales still have the best psychology of any of the sides, and after ruling them out this world cup, I'm not making the same mistake.

France... well... just ????

Italy have looked poor for the last two years so I think the wooden spoon will go to them. This being said it went to Scotland (from a Six Nations I hope to forget) this year.

Ireland are underperforming, which is a shame as they have some fantastic talent coming through. I'm not sure Joe Schmidt's style is really working for them on a test match level.

I'd really like Scotland to kick on from the world cup semi final (and sort out their effing restarts!) and get at least 3rd. Having put up with rock bottom for the last 8 years we could do with a change. Confident we can win at least 2 games, if not 3. It'd be a long time coming!

For what it's worth at this stage I will say:

Wales
Ireland/France?
England/Scotland
Italy

It wouldn't surprise me if England topped it though. Depends on what structures are in place by Feb..

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 10 Dec - 12:52

NeilyBroon wrote:As a Scots fan it makes me nervous that we're facing a side likely to be invigorated under Eddie Jones, I always maintain that England could easily be the best side in the world if the coaching wasn't so pants.

Wales still have the best psychology of any of the sides, and after ruling them out this world cup, I'm not making the same mistake.

Italy have looked poor for the last two years so I think the wooden spoon will go to them. This being said it went to Scotland (from a Six Nations I hope to forget) this year.

Ireland are underperforming, which is a shame as they have some fantastic talent coming through. I'm not sure Joe Schmidt's style is really working for them on a test match level.

I'd really like Scotland to kick on from the world cup semi final (and sort out their effing restarts!) and get at least 3rd. Having put up with rock bottom for the last 8 years we could do with a change. Confident we can win at least 2 games, if not 3. It'd be a long time coming!  

Wales
Ireland/France?
England/Scotland
Italy

It wouldn't surprise me if England topped it though. Depends on what structures are in place by Feb..

Did I miss that one? Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 10 Dec - 14:18

There are question marks about all the teams.

It might take Eddie Jones a while for his England side to gel.
Will Schmidt pick his usuals.
Can Wales' consistency continue.
Will the Scots continue to improve.
Have Italy enough talent to remain competitive.
Can France improve.

Will the world cup have taken much out of the teams.

Wales look the most settled.
I don't see France winning it.
Ireland need to make changes IMO. Can't see the same team and tactics making it 3 in a row.
I think England will finish in the top 2.

Last edited by profitius on Thu 10 Dec - 14:21; edited 1 time in total
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 10 Dec - 14:19

Our defense should still be tidy - Shaun Edwards has resigned to the next RWC
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu 10 Dec - 14:23

GeordieFalcon wrote:
NeilyBroon wrote:As a Scots fan it makes me nervous that we're facing a side likely to be invigorated under Eddie Jones, I always maintain that England could easily be the best side in the world if the coaching wasn't so pants.

Wales
Ireland/France?
England/Scotland
Italy

Did I miss that one? Wink

Freudian slip! ***QUARTER
The fact we came within a losing bonus point means a moral victory in the eyes of Scots' supporters

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman2 Thu 10 Dec - 16:00

Quite
Munkian wrote
'
Our defense should still be tidy - Shaun Edwards has resigned to the next RWC'
News to me! Think Scotland had the best WC in terms of injuries results and goals achieved. As Muhammad Ali said you gotta have the will. Backing them to beat England who are nowhere imo. Wales to come roaring back.

Dontheman2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 10 Dec - 16:26

Dontheman2 wrote:Quite
Munkian wrote
'
Our defense should still be tidy - Shaun Edwards has resigned to the next RWC'
News to me!  Think Scotland had the best WC in terms of injuries results and goals achieved. As Muhammad Ali said you gotta have the will. Backing them to beat England who are nowhere imo. Wales to come roaring back.

Im not sure. I think they lost a lot of focus in the whole build up to the world cup, conditioning, picking injured players and tactics etc.

Come the Scotland game, players back to full fitness and form, and tweak in the selections and tactics and I think they'll be fine.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 10 Dec - 23:38

I agree Geordie.  The players who were de-tuned for the RWC will have been put right by their clubs.  Injured players will likely be back in fighting trim or not chosen.  Everything still depends upon who Eddie chooses and how he wants to play.  But at least the players will be in proper condition to compete. And will certainly have something to prove.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 11 Dec - 7:35

Wales or Ireland to win the title, if Wales beat the Irish they will I feel win the GS. Wales will have injured returning and they are on a high.

Not sure how England will fare with Eddie in charge. They will improve I think but it may need time.

I hope Scotland do well, they could make 3rd with England 4 and then France & Italy.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 11 Dec - 9:19

England coming 4th would be a big upset. Generally very consistent, some big decisions to come from jones but loads of quality there. More likely a grand slam than 4th for me.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 11 Dec - 9:22

rainbow-warrior wrote:Wales or Ireland to win the title, if Wales beat the Irish they will I feel win the GS.  Wales will have injured returning and they are on a high.

Not sure how England will fare with Eddie in charge.  They will improve I think but it may need time.

I hope Scotland do well, they could make 3rd with England 4 and then France & Italy.
Why are Wales 'on a high'? They've lost their previous two games.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 11 Dec - 9:50

All highs are relative.

Tbh I'd say the 6N teams are all on a low. England with post RWC blues, Wales with injuries, Ireland under-performed, Scotland were the perennial nearly men, France were meh. At least Italy performed as expected - poorly. So lots of bald men fighting for a comb then. Hug
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 11 Dec - 10:02

Wales did perform very well with such an injury ridden squad, but didn't have anything to show for it except for the win over England.

I'd add that there were no 6N victories over the big 3 SH teams in the RWC. Only one team came (realistically) close to winning vs one of the big 3 and making the semi finals. That was Scotland.

Right now the feeling is very much back to writing them off, and I know we all still feel confident playing Scotland, but they are the only NH team that enhanced their reputation at the RWC

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 11 Dec - 17:31

Talking about who will be most pleased going into the 6 nations.

Scotland will be happy with their world cup campaign but with Glasgow struggling in Europe again, it shows that there is still some work to do. England first up, not an easy one.

France - a poor world cup but the positive is that St Andre has gone, Noves surely has to be better than St Andre though probably getting the job a number of years too late! French clubs struggling in the ERCC won't please Noves either.

Ireland - I am not sure the Irish fans will be that optimistic. Expectations were high before the RWC and didn't play well throughout the tournament, torn apart by Argentina. They made the quarter finals but were disappointing. Irish regions struggling in the ERCC. Will be interesting to see how Ireland react.

Wales -showed a lot of fight in the RWC. probably will be more pleased than they should be, win over England and gutsy losses to Australia and SA is not new. Wales should aspire for more than this but by retaining Gatland and Edwards there is no current shake up. Will be confident going into the 6 nations but need to be wary of not being overconfident.

Italy - disappointing RWC, no news on coach, clubs doing poorly, unfortunately little to be optimistic of at the moment.

England - a disappointing RWC at home will mean that there will be pressure on Eddie Jones to hit the ground running. On the other hand if the rumours are true a team of Jones,Borthwick and Gustard is a massive upgrade on the current England coaches, bringing in a good attack coach would make England prospects go from depressing to bright.

Jones will be pleased by the form of the English clubs in the ERCC, he has a large pool to pick from. If Jones gets it right then England will be very difficult to stop.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 12 Dec - 14:27

Our injury list will still be a big concern going into the 6 Nations as will our poor performance at scrumtime.

Injury wise Scott Williams is out for the season and it's highly likely so will Halfpenny be. JD, Li Williams, Anscombe and Warburton should hopefully be back my mid January but that's leaving it late for them to get any games in.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sat 12 Dec - 16:21

1. Wales
2. Scotland
3. England
4. Ireland
5. France

6. Italy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 12 Dec - 16:23

Scotland 2nd! Laugh

Oh, you were being serious? Shocked

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 13 Dec - 7:56

Quite a few unknowns so will make predictions nigh-on impossible, but I think you can draw a line under the World Cup as far as England are concerned. We've won 16 of our last 20 games in the Six Nations, I really can't see us suddenly falling to 4th in the tournament. We narrowly lost to Wales and were beaten by Australia (as every 6 Nations team did when they came across Championship opposition), we still beat Fiji (with a bonus point) - and I would probably put a full strength Fiji like that on a par with France and Scotland right now and certainly above Italy.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 13 Dec - 8:03

Obviously for England a lot will depend on how much change Jones wants to make from the off.. England still have the players currently available to make them a very good side but will Jones want a new broom to sweep through so to speak?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sun 13 Dec - 8:09

bedfordwelsh wrote:Obviously for England a lot will depend on how much change Jones wants to make from the off.. England still have the players currently available to make them a very good side but will Jones want a new broom to sweep through so to speak?

Lancaster had to clear out the 2011 squad en masse and was still able to deliver 2nd place in the tournament. Jones doesn't have to do that - he inherits a squad that's a little light on experience but needs a better gameplan, and he has time on his side.

Why chuck out the experience that is there for the sake of it? Even if he could - the EPS agreement means he can only make a finite number of changes anyway - I think he's more likely to keep as much of that experience as he thinks can adapt to his gameplan. Fix the scrum and lineout woes from the RWC and the underlying team is pretty solid.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 13 Dec - 10:08

Poorfour wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Obviously for England a lot will depend on how much change Jones wants to make from the off.. England still have the players currently available to make them a very good side but will Jones want a new broom to sweep through so to speak?

Lancaster had to clear out the 2011 squad en masse and was still able to deliver 2nd place in the tournament. Jones doesn't have to do that - he inherits a squad that's a little light on experience but needs a better gameplan, and he has time on his side.

Why chuck out the experience that is there for the sake of it? Even if he could - the EPS agreement means he can only make a finite number of changes anyway - I think he's more likely to keep as much of that experience as he thinks can adapt to his gameplan. Fix the scrum and lineout woes from the RWC and the underlying team is pretty solid.

Poorfour,

Didn't say he would and for what its worth I don't think he should, with the likes of Youngs, Ford, Joseph and Watson he has players more than capable of scoring against any team in the 6 Nations and with the right backroom staff (whoever they may be now) there are still forwards there the match of any in the 6 Nations.

However with a completely new coaching set up now going to be in charge for the 6 Nations they will have to develop their won style and get the use to the players as well as the players getting use to them.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 15 Dec - 9:48

It's not been mentioned but England are 8th in the world rankings which is their joint worst (they were at this in 2009 too).

I think a loss to Scotland would see England dropping to their lowest ever.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 15 Dec - 9:59

I don't think there is a need for mass changes.

Ill repeat again...I think the World Cup was an extreme failure but more due to picking injured / unfit players, change in tactics.

The clubs are getting everyone back to fitness and strength. Eddie just needs to tweak a few things initially...work on the basics in training.

The 6n wont be spectacular for England in term of performances. Just get the basics right. He'll have more time after that.

But if England get the right selection, with everyone fit and focus on the basics they will be a real test for all the 6n teams.

I wouldn't judge them on the WC performance.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 15 Dec - 10:01

beshocked wrote:It's not been mentioned but England are 8th in the world rankings which is their joint worst (they were at this in 2009 too).

I think a loss to Scotland would see England dropping to their lowest ever.

It's a matter "when" not "if" my good friend!! Wink

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 15 Dec - 10:09

Nice fighting talk FES. We'll see.

Lancaster won his first game against Scotland away, admittedly no Charge down Charlie this time. Can Eddie Jones do the same?

Too early to say - Scotland will be confident after the RWC but they could be facing a revitalised England.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 15 Dec - 10:13

Don't worry, I don't honestly believe Scotland will beat England. We did it a few times in the 2000s but you guys were utterly dreadful back then. Since then you've usually beaten us with something to spare. We even managed to make Mike Brown look like Christian Cullen last time you guys came to Murrayfield!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 15 Dec - 10:20

Don't do yourself down. You had a good RWC. Should have beaten Australia. Against Argentina in the semi...who knows?

Hogg was very poor though, will need him to be firing.

No motivation needed when facing England.

First game of 6 nations - teams are rusty, trying out new combos, England have a new coach, new structure etc.

Look at the amount of times Wales have been exposed as slow starters.

I don't think Wales will win on that basis.

England started slowly against a France a couple of seasons ago and paid the price. Scotland must start strong I feel.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 15 Dec - 10:25

And they must start by having Jon Welsh at TH. He's absolutely class. He's been our best signing...and a scrummaging beast.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 15 Dec - 11:22

WP Nel was probably the best tighthead at the RWC, tough to see him being dislodged from that starting shirt

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 15 Dec - 11:26

Nice position to be in then....2 quality TH's.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 15 Dec - 14:00

Scotland now seem to be a very constructive sum of Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Beshocked pointed out that Glasgow have been poor in Europe despite routing the Scarlets at the weekend, but it's their pack and in particular their front row that have let them down and thus deprived their backs of ball.

Edinburgh's pack is steel at the moment. A world class front row, and with the Gray brothers in the boiler room and a backrow of Cowan, Hardie and Denton the Scottish pack is arguably one of the best in the 6N. That pack will ensure that Hogg, Seymore and a rejuvenated Visser get their hands on the ball we have a very good chance of beating England and others in the 6N.

I think Wales will win it, but I do think England will be a threat. It just depends on how quickly Jones can get to grips with his massive player pool and use it as a strength as opposed to a weakness.

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 15 Dec - 14:11

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Scotland now seem to be a very constructive sum of Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Beshocked pointed out that Glasgow have been poor in Europe despite routing the Scarlets at the weekend, but it's their pack and in particular their front row that have let them down and thus deprived their backs of ball.

Edinburgh's pack is steel at the moment. A world class front row, and with the Gray brothers in the boiler room and a backrow of Cowan, Hardie and Denton the Scottish pack is arguably one of the best in the 6N. That pack will ensure that Hogg, Seymore and a rejuvenated Visser get their hands on the ball we have a very good chance of beating England and others in the 6N.

I think Wales will win it, but I do think England will be a threat. It just depends on how quickly Jones can get to grips with his massive player pool and use it as a strength as opposed to a weakness.

Whilst being fair to Glasgow is a novelty to me, they have only played two games in Europe this season, winning one in style and losing the other.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 15 Dec - 16:13

Ruggerradge I did make the comment before the Scarlets match. I made that point because Glasgow lost at home to Saints. Do you think that Glasgow will beat Racing Metro away? It's not exactly an easy game in hand.

You're welcome to think the Scottish pack is one of the best in the 6 nations......

I personally Eddie Jones will be looking forward to working with the English players at his disposal.

Only Saints are a worry but still have two of their most influential forwards - Wood and Hartley to come back.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 15 Dec - 16:28

It's likely that Wales will be rusty with some injuries returning and come good later on in the tournament, which will be too little too late. Ireland first up in Dublin isn't ideal but if our forwards can drag them into a slug-fest then we've a good chance of scraping a victory. I thought Ireland were going to be the greatest of the NH but Argentina proper dismantled them; and outside of that game there were other matches where they didn't look great either, it seems their team needs a bit of a shake up and Schmidt probably won't do it. Back to Wales, I think we may see some new caps come in and if we're down to the bare bones again then you can forget about Gatland's law. That could mean opportunities for guys like Owen Williams because we need centres and he can play there.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 15 Dec - 16:35

bedfordwelsh wrote:Our injury list will still be a big concern going into the 6 Nations as will our poor performance at scrumtime.

Injury wise Scott Williams is out for the season and it's highly likely so will Halfpenny be.  JD, Li Williams, Anscombe and Warburton should hopefully be back my mid January but that's leaving it late for them to get any games in.

Scrums definitely, no idea what's going on there. Francis didn't perform well either.

To add to your returnees list there will be Amos, Morgan, Walker and Allen - I don't rate Allen very highly but he's an option I guess and one that I thought would have been back playing by now. Long-term absentees are Scott Williams, Webb and Halfpenny - are there more?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 15 Dec - 16:36

beshocked wrote:Ruggerradge I did make the comment before the Scarlets match. I made that point because Glasgow lost at home to Saints. Do you think that Glasgow will beat Racing Metro away? It's not exactly an easy game in hand.

You're welcome to think the Scottish pack is one of the best in the 6 nations......

I personally Eddie Jones will be looking forward to working with the English players at his disposal.

Only Saints are a worry but still have two of their most influential forwards - Wood and Hartley to come back.

Some whispers now that Hartley's concussion is career ending.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 15 Dec - 16:39

Jesus, when did that happen?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 15 Dec - 17:11

mikey_dragon wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Our injury list will still be a big concern going into the 6 Nations as will our poor performance at scrumtime.

Injury wise Scott Williams is out for the season and it's highly likely so will Halfpenny be.  JD, Li Williams, Anscombe and Warburton should hopefully be back my mid January but that's leaving it late for them to get any games in.

Scrums definitely, no idea what's going on there. Francis didn't perform well either.

To add to your returnees list there will be Amos, Morgan, Walker and Allen - I don't rate Allen very highly but he's an option I guess and one that I thought would have been back playing by now. Long-term absentees are Scott Williams, Webb and Halfpenny - are there more?

Yeah I must admit I was a bit disappointed in Francis then again I scrum on the whole was poor and I would rather him over Jarvis or heaven forbid Andrews.

I hope Amos comes back soon for us (Dragons) and for Wales and I would happily go with a back three of Williams North (if in form) and Amos. I quite like Cory Allen and think he has a similar skill set to Scott Williams but he (Allen) seems very injury prone and never seems to get a decent run of injury free rugby.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 15 Dec - 17:19

BamBam wrote:Jesus, when did that happen?

My understanding is that he is still not symptom free from the concussion suffered against Sarries on 7th November. At the weekend the official statement was that he had only been able to partake "some" light exercise but is not ready for any contact training. He keeps starting on the return to play protocols but then suffers a relaps and it all has to wait again. Now it could be that he woke up yesterday symptom free and is fine from now on - but the reverse is that he still has headaches and dizziness. Bearing in mind he has had no issues like this before, the longer it goes on the more worried the medical staff will be.

I hope for his own sake he recovers, and I am so glad that again Saints are treating a case like this with the utmost seriousness.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next