The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your perfect opponents for Fury's next 5

+10
EX7EY
Steffan
mobilemaster8
Dipper Brown
Hands Of Stone
Hammersmith harrier
Cast a Shadow
catchweight
bellchees
Seanusarrilius
14 posters

Go down

Your perfect opponents for Fury's next 5 Empty Your perfect opponents for Fury's next 5

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Let's get to it.

Here's what I would do, and why:

Wlad rematch. He has a clause so let's do it. But let's do it in Britain at Wembley. I've already seen the German version.

Povetkin. After two fights with Wlad, a well respected small man like Povetkin will do nicely.

Wilder. For all the marbles.

Haye. By then he will be so desperate for a shot, Fury will be able to offer pebbles and he will have to take it

Joshua. Both will be in their prime. Biggest HW fight in GB since Lewis v Bruno

This list obviously makes some assumptions, and Haye may be either a champ or out of it again by then, but it's a fun list to put together.

Thoughts?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Your perfect opponents for Fury's next 5 Empty Re: Your perfect opponents for Fury's next 5

Post by bellchees Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:57 pm

1. Pulev, probably in a minority here in wanting to see this one as Pulev was beat pretty comprehensively by Wlad but styles make fights and Fury swerved Pulev in order to sign for the Haye fight. Entirely understandable given the money difference but it would be nice to see him revisit Pulev.

2. Wilder, go over to the US and become undisputed Heavyweight champion of the world. Should make for a tense fight as Wilder will likely be less gun shy than Wlad.

3. Haye, this is solely on the basis Haye fights a legitimate heavyweight contender after de Mori. Hopefully fury won't give him the time of day until he's a mandatory for one of his belts. The fight itself I like but Haye's heavyweight years have left a real sour taste for me.

4. Joshua, hopefully he'll be ready by then and this would be a huge stadium fight over here.

5. Vitali, the now 47 year old cyborg mayor and undisputed leader of Kiev, which has broken from Ukraine to become it's own nuclear super power, offers Fury the opportunity to avenge the defeat suffered by cousin Hughie Fury at the hands of Dr Ironfist. Fury must travel to Kiev to prove himself the best in a fight broadcast only in the deepest darkest corners of the internet since no television cameras or recording equipment has been allowed in Kiev since the split from Ukraine. Can he beat Vitali? Can he save the planet? Can he escape Kiev alive?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Your perfect opponents for Fury's next 5 Empty Re: Your perfect opponents for Fury's next 5

Post by catchweight Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Klitschko, then Wilder, then Joshua. I dont think Fury is built for longetivity and he might find it hard to stay motivated against unheralded opponents. Get him the big fights now while he is in the zone.

Hope he doesnt give Haye a shot.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Can't see the rematch happening for some reason, but let's assume it does seeing as that's Wlad's stated intention.

So:-

Klitschko 2 at Wembley, as others have stated.

A voluntary defence/homecoming fight in Manchester.

Haye - assuming this 'comeback' is for real and he doesn't have a 'Hatton-Senchenko' moment against De Mori or pull out with injury.

If he gets through that, Joshua, in one of the biggest Uk fights there has ever been.

Should he still be the champ, a unified/undisputed fight against Wilder or whoever the other belt holder is.

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:46 pm

I think AJ will be higher up the list than many expect, Fury will want to cash in on his titles as soon as possible and that is the big money fight for him, would be huge over here.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:14 pm

These threads are so useless, like what are the chances that these are gonna be fury's next 5 opponents, do people not know how boxing works.

If wlad doesn't go for a rematch first time, then it'll be a weak or 2 week defences. Maybe the 3rd nhe may fight wilder or haye, not both. Joshua is miles away, at least 8th fight imo

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:15 pm

Fury being the character he is seems to revel in the limelight. He's definitely enjoyed being on the big stage with Wlad, I expect him to be calling out the biggest fights he can soon enough.

Hope he takes that belt off Wilder first. Troll bashing aside, I quite like Wilder as a guy but don't think he's up to much.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Fights listed sound great but they ain't going to happen. I'd be stunned if they do.

He has already palmed Wilder off stating he is just a hyped up basketball players who has only been a pro a couple of years so not to mention him.

Promoted by Hennessy.....Eddie Hearn floating about with his PPV ambitions.

Fury vs Price
Fury vs Chisora
Fury vs Adamek
Fury vs Briggs

Will they really throw him in with Haye Wilder Povetkin now??

Should he win the Wlad rematch then I'd expect a couple of soft defences like Brook.

Just seems the norm for Brits.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:36 pm

It's the norm for everyone so I don't see why the British world champs get such a bad rep compared to everyone else.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:53 pm

Personally I would like him to fight:

Shannon Briggs - The trash talk will make up for what would be an easy homecoming fight and first defence in Manchester

Wlad Klitschko rematch - In England somewhere. Big outdoor clash in the summer

David Haye - Offer the yappy little dog a 70/30 split in the purse. Beat up on him for 12 rounds to make him pay for the messing about and finally send this idiot into proper retirement

Alexander Povetkin - A decent matchup that could be used to help British and Russian relations during this hostile time we are in (Everybody can change)

Deontay Wilder - Go to the States and beat this Lanky Yankie in his own back yard

Anything after these 5 fights will be new meat for him. But he needs to take on these 3 mature fighters while he still has the chance

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Let's hope the fighters and promoters can see the value of making the Haye/AJ/Wilder scenarios happen.

Personally, I don't think Fury actually cares about getting beat. He nearly said as much last night. He's already made history, Heavyweight champ of the World.

As someone above already said, I think he will cash in quick. Maybe one or two softish defences and then onto Hate if he's around, Wilder and AJ. All of those are retirement fund fights. Especially the all British ones.

He's not the type of boxer you expect to go on well into his 30's. He openly admits he loves his food and drink and he's not keen on training.

I think he retires in 3 or 4 years so I expect the better fights to come sooner than people may think.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:55 pm

This will be his next 5..............If he wins...

Wlad.........................
Haye.........................
Deserved easy mark....
Joshua or Wilder.........
Deserved easy mark....

Retire to let Hughie have a crack.....As a Top 30 alltime heavy...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:23 pm

In the event Klitschko initiates his rematch clause and loses, or else decides not to, then I think Fury should have a crack at the U.S market. He identifies with Ireland which is always a plus over there, he can generate publicity and the U.S will be looking forward to a Klitschko free division. Wilder and Fury could build up nicely over there.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:34 pm

Joseph Parker might give him a hard fight even if he is a lot shorter. Height isn't everything in boxing or Tyson and Tua wouldn't have done so well.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:27 am

bellchees wrote:

5. Vitali, the now 47 year old cyborg mayor and undisputed leader of Kiev, which has broken from Ukraine to become it's own nuclear super power, offers Fury the opportunity to avenge the defeat suffered by cousin Hughie Fury at the hands of Dr Ironfist. Fury must travel to Kiev to prove himself the best in a fight broadcast only in the deepest darkest corners of the internet since no television cameras or recording equipment has been allowed in Kiev since the split from Ukraine. Can he beat Vitali? Can he save the planet? Can he escape Kiev alive?

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh LMAO WTF
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:18 pm

I think it's great that Fury potentially has the opponents available to pretty much have a better CV within 5 fights than Wlad did in 11 years !

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down