The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership - Round 5

+25
HammerofThunor
Imperialbigdave
Cumbrian
Sgt_Pooly
Chunky Norwich
nathan
sad_gimp
LuigiVampa
pledgeX
stub
WELL-PAST-IT
Bathman_in_London
doctor_grey
Heaf
yappysnap
Ozzy3213
ChequeredJersey
Poorfour
Geordie
Welly
HongKongCherry
lostinwales
formerly known as Sam
Scottrf
LondonTiger
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 5 Empty Aviva Premiership - Round 5

Post by LondonTiger Wed 25 Nov 2015, 10:58 am

Table:

Team
Exeter
Harlequins
Leicester
Bath
Worcester
Sale Sharks
Wasps
Gloucester
Northampton
London Irish
Newcastle

Fixtures

Fri 27th Nov

19:45 Northampton Saints  v  Gloucester Rugby BT Sport
After a fortnight of European action, the AP returns (for one week two weeks only) with the action kicking off at Franklins Gardens. Saints managed to put some iffy form behind them as they recorded home and away wins against decent opposition. Gloucester meanwhile went largely under the radar as they started their defence of the Challenge Cup. Two decent wins with a largely second string side will have pleased David Humphreys, but perhaps left him a touch worried that his first choice players may be lacking a little match practice. Saints will hope to continue their set-piece form of last weekend and unleash their powerful backs at Gloucester's pacy but often defensively fragile back line. The pace in that backline, especially May and Sharples if both fit, could really scare the home team. However for Glaws to get anything from this game you do feel that their pack will need to perform at a level well above that they have achieved so far this season.

Sat 28th Nov

14:30 Sale Sharks  v   Newcastle Falcons
With both sides returning from Challenge Cup action, it is hard to know what sort of form they will bring into this game. Actually that is not true. I think the win over the Russians last week was Falcons first win since beating London Irish in the LV cup in February. Their results this season have been poor, as have the performances. These sides have met twice already this season in a pre-season tournament with Sale winning both times. A home win really should be nailed on - but sometimes rugby can surprise us.

15:00 Exeter Chiefs  v   Harlequins
Chiefs had mixed results in the Champions Cup with Rob Baxter taking the chance to rotate his squad a little. The often blunt Baxter did not shirk from expressing his disquiet at the performances, especially the defensive laxity. Quins will have been pleased with the style of their two victories but no the trip down to Devon is a massive challenge. connor O'Shea will have been worried by the number of injuries his back rowers picked up in Cardiff and will be hoping some of the walking wounded can play. will Baxter prefer LCD to Yeandle. Where will Slade play? Will Robshaw and Clifford play and impress Eddie Jones against a very good Exeter back row, where Dave Ewers will be keen to continue making his case for international selection.

15:15 Saracens  v   Worcester Warriors BT Sport
The first of the London double headers sees the only top flight unbeaten team in Europe this season face Dean Ryans premiership returnees. Worcester this season seem very similar to Saracens, albeit at a lower level, in that the collective is stronger than the individual combinations. Saracens will again look to rest key players - but even so should be far too strong.

17:30 London Irish  v   Wasps BT Sport
London Irish finally broke their losing streak in the Challenge Cup, but will surely need to raise their game even further against a Wasps team that was on fire in Europe. What may work in Irish's favour will be the temptation for Dai Young to rest a lot of players to concentrate on the Euro double header with Bath. Depending on just how many he rests, Irish could well sneak a win.

Sun 29th Nov

15:00 Leicester Tigers Tigers  v   Bath Rugby Bath Welford Road BT Sport
Both sides will feel they have something to prove after the events of last season. No two ways about it but Leicester were thrashed twice on visits to the Rec. However Bath arrived at Welford Road over the Christmas/New Year period with all the form and skill, yet allowed themselves to get into an armwrestle which they duly lost. Leicester have been a much more attacking side this season, and despite the stuttering backline play this season from Bath we all know how good they can be. It coudl, conditions depending, be an excellent free flowing game. Much will depend on how well the back rows go - especially O'Connor vs Louw.
But really there is only one contest we are interested in this week. After seeing how well Bath's tyro props went against Leinster the match up between Ayerza/Youngs/Cole vs Auterac/Webber/Thomas will be highly illuminating.

Last edited by LondonTiger on Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership - Round 5 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership - Round 5

Post by LondonTiger Wed 25 Nov 2015, 11:07 am

With:
Slater playing the last couple of games from the Bench
Kitch playing a half for the A team on Monday
Ghiraldini probably still not fit
Burns now in full training

I would quite like to see a Leicester side something like:

Ayerza, Youngs, Cole, Slater, Fitzgerald/Williams, Croft, O'Connor, McCaffery
Youngs, Williams, Goneva, Smith, Betham, Thompstone, Tait

Bateman, Aguerro, Balmain, Kitchener, Crane, Harrison, Burns, Veainu

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 25 Nov 2015, 11:23 am

Seeing how wasteful Gloucester were against Wasps I can't see them getting anything from this game. Our scrum has been a great platform the last few games and can only see us improving around the park.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 25 Nov 2015, 12:04 pm

Given how impressive Williams has been I think we need him in the squad. That work rate and physicality has been very impressive. A left field selection with Fitzgerald in the second row and a back row of Croft, Williams, O'Connor. Kitch and McCaffery on the bench.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 25 Nov 2015, 1:18 pm

Just looking at the Exeter/Quins match up. LCD is out for a couple of months with a broken thumb and I believe Clifford may be out after suffering a head injury vs Cardiff

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 25 Nov 2015, 1:50 pm

An improvement on last year's thrashing would be a good start for Glaws. It sounds like we'll have close to a full strength pack, which will be sorely needed. Hopefully Kvesic will show Eddie Jones what England have been missing. It also appears the merry go round in the backs is set to continue and it would be easy to believe Bomber has ended up at Glaws with our ever changing centre combinations; it looks like Hook and Trinder will line up at 12 and 13. It is fantastic to see Trinder back after 2 years of injury woe and his running lines have been missed. The more worrying aspect is that it appears that 36 will line up at FH... Headscratch
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 25 Nov 2015, 1:57 pm

I'm surprised people think Kitchener should be on the bench after just 50/60 mins in a A league game. IMO target him for Wuss.

Barrow/Slater on the bench is hardly a bad situation.

I don't like the Croft and Williams on the flank option.

Would go with
Ayerza, Youngs, Cole, Williams, Fitzgerald, Croft, O'Connor, McCaffrey
Youngs, Williams, Thompstone, Smith, Betham, Veainu, Tait
Bench: Bateman, Aguero, Balmain, Slater, Crane, Harrison, Bell, Goneva

Hopefully against Wuss a team of
Aguero, Youngs, Cole, Barrow, Slater, Croft, O'Connor, McCaffrey
youngs, williams, Goneva, Smith, Betham, Veainu, Tait/Bell
Bench: Bateman, Ayerza, Balmain, Kitchener, Williams/Crane, Harrison, Burns, JDV

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:01 pm

McCaffery struggles to control the ball at 8. If think that is a concern ahead of a heavily contested set piece battle this weekend.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:07 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:McCaffery struggles to control the ball at 8. If think that is a concern ahead of a heavily contested set piece battle this weekend.

If proves to be case wouldn't surprise me if O'Connor went there then.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:40 pm

Another beating for the falcons....

We're doomed I say....doooooooooooooooomed!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:44 pm

According to Conor, Robshaw and Wallace are both fit and he hopes that Clifford will get through the return-to-play protocols given the 9 day turnaround, so Quins could well have a full first choice back row available to them.

If not, then Dave Ward seems to be a perfectly adequate back row replacement. Or we could try Henry Cheeseman, who's normally a winger but filled in creditably in the A League on Monday. Apparently either Quins can turn anyone into a decent loose forward or it's part of an elaborate campaign to persuade Eddie Jones that Robshaw can play anywhere.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 25 Nov 2015, 2:56 pm

Welly wrote: I'm surprised people think Kitchener should be on the bench after just 50/60 mins in a A league game. IMO target him for Wuss.

In my case it is mainly because I originally thought we had just one fixture before returning to europe.

Reasons for that, but perhaps easiest to blame senility.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 25 Nov 2015, 7:38 pm

Tough game vs Exeter, would take a LBP but think we could still a win. Defence looks very good this season
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 25 Nov 2015, 8:25 pm

All logic says we will get humped this weekend, but we've looked like the attacking game is clicking in the last 2 weeks, so who knows, bit of luck and and we might pull of a shock.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 25 Nov 2015, 8:55 pm

Well, Gopperth's ban is up, so maybe he gets a recall?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 25 Nov 2015, 11:01 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Well, Gopperth's ban is up, so maybe he gets a recall?

I imagine some Wasps fans are having sleepless nights at the very thought. He was terrible when they visited Welford Rd and have played magnificently during his absence.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 26 Nov 2015, 12:13 pm

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS TEAM TO PLAY GLOUCESTER

15 Ben FODEN
14 Ahsee TUALA
13 George PISI
12 Luther BURRELL
11 George NORTH
10 Stephen MYLER
9 Kahn FOTUALI’I
1 Alex WALLER
2 Mikey HAYWOOD
3 Kieran BROOKES
4 Michael PATERSON
5 Christian DAY
6 Jamie GIBSON
7 Tom WOOD (capt)
8 Sam DICKINSON

16 Matti WILLIAMS
17 Ethan WALLER
18 Paul HILL
19 Victor MATFIELD
20 Teimana HARRISON
21 Lee DICKSON
22 JJ HANRAHAN
23 Ken PISI

Only changes from Saints trip to Glasgow see Fotuali'i start, and Matfield on the bench.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 26 Nov 2015, 12:14 pm

Gloucester Rugby:

Rob Cook; Charlie Sharples, Bill Meakes, James Hook, Jonny May; Billy Twelvetrees (capt), Willi Heinz; Paddy McAllister, Richard Hibbard, John Afoa; Tom Savage, Jeremy Thrush; Ross Moriarty, Matt Kvesic, Ben Morgan

Replacements:

Darren Dawidiuk, Yann Thomas, Paul Doran-Jones, Mariano Galarza, Sione Kalamafoni, Greig Laidlaw, Henry Purdy, Jacob Rowan

As HKC predicted, Hook at 12 and 36 at 10. May fit to start.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 26 Nov 2015, 12:30 pm

Saints
Sale
Exeter
Wuss
Irish
Leicester

All home wins except one this weekend

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 26 Nov 2015, 12:32 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:

I imagine some Wasps fans are having sleepless nights at the very thought. He was terrible when they visited Welford Rd and have played magnificently during his absence.

They'll have a quick whip round and get another player to headbutt his elbow again...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Thu 26 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm

yappysnap wrote:Saints
Sale
Exeter
Wuss
Irish
Leicester

That's a brave call for Irish v Wasps - hope you're right though ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 26 Nov 2015, 1:22 pm

LondonTiger wrote:NORTHAMPTON SAINTS TEAM TO PLAY GLOUCESTER

15 Ben FODEN
14 Ahsee TUALA
13 George PISI
12 Luther BURRELL
11 George NORTH
10 Stephen MYLER
9 Kahn FOTUALI’I
1 Alex WALLER
2 Mikey HAYWOOD
3 Kieran BROOKES
4 Michael PATERSON
5 Christian DAY
6 Jamie GIBSON
7 Tom WOOD (capt)
8 Sam DICKINSON

16 Matti WILLIAMS
17 Ethan WALLER
18 Paul HILL
19 Victor MATFIELD
20 Teimana HARRISON
21 Lee DICKSON
22 JJ HANRAHAN
23 Ken PISI

Only changes from Saints trip to Glasgow see Fotuali'i start, and Matfield on the bench.
Close to an early must-win for Saints.

Great opportunity for the front row to show their stuff. In fact, in this one the eintire pack will need to show their stuff, set piece and open play. Not the pack which was anticipated when the planning was done last year. Hopefully Paterson and Gibson turn up and play well. Will be interesting to see the impact of Victor Matfield on the team. A little extra toughness and aggressive play with the ball never hurt anyone.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 26 Nov 2015, 3:02 pm

Logic would say home wins all around except for Wasps.

Bath have had a habit of rotating the team for away matches against the 'big' teams in the last few seasons, with the aim of picking up a LBP. I hope this won't be the case against a Leicester team who will have be targeting this game since last seasons double humiliation but I imagine it will happen and a 10+ win for Leicester will be the result.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 26 Nov 2015, 3:13 pm

yappysnap wrote:

They'll have a quick whip round and get another player to headbutt his elbow again...

I'm not wholly certain why they signed him in the first place to be honest. His style of play doesn't fit with the rest of the Wasps team and his presence is just a road block to AL getting more game time. I could only presume that they wanted him for the wet winter games where he can put them in the right areas and kick the points.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 26 Nov 2015, 5:11 pm

It will be interesting to see Kvesic up against Woods. Many only rate (or not rate) Woods as a 6, they forget that he was a 7 from his early days and has played 7 for probably half his career. He has been on good form the last couple of weeks and has worked well at the breakdown making a number of turnovers.

Saints have a big advantage in the lineout with at least 4 quality jumpers and if Hibbard goes askew as he often can they could make Glaws life very difficult.

They will have to watch that Glaws back three, masses of pace and skill, Myler will have to be careful with his kicks. Sharples try last week was amazing, he seems to have all his old pace back, with him and May they probably have the fastest wings in the AP
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 26 Nov 2015, 5:29 pm

yappysnap wrote:

I'm not wholly certain why they signed him in the first place to be honest. His style of play doesn't fit with the rest of the Wasps team and his presence is just a road block to AL getting more game time. I could only presume that they wanted him for the wet winter games where he can put them in the right areas and kick the points.

I thought this as well, but watching him play in poor weather last season he's not good then either. It has all the hallmarks of a panic buy and is a bit of a kick in the nuts for the other two 10's.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 26 Nov 2015, 5:32 pm

Heaf wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Saints
Sale
Exeter
Wuss
Irish
Leicester

That's a brave call for Irish v Wasps - hope you're right though ...

I can see wasps on a bit of a comedown while Irish will be bang up for this. I'm an optimist too!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 26 Nov 2015, 5:49 pm

I am still amazed that no-one has picked you up on predicting an away win for Worcester against GloboGym.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 26 Nov 2015, 8:27 pm

yappysnap wrote:
yappysnap wrote:

I thought this as well, but watching him play in poor weather last season he's not good then either. It has all the hallmarks of a panic buy and is a bit of a kick in the nuts for the other two 10's.

Could bite Wasps with rumours that Sarries are looking at bringing in Alex Lcantspellhisnameski as a replacement for Hodgson in the runner.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 26 Nov 2015, 9:04 pm

LondonTiger wrote:I am still amazed that no-one has picked you up on predicting an away win for Worcester against GloboGym.

Secretly they all want it to be true Very Happy

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 26 Nov 2015, 9:49 pm

yappysnap wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:I am still amazed that no-one has picked you up on predicting an away win for Worcester against GloboGym.

Secretly they all want it to be true Very Happy

I'd love it be true but, sadly, I can't see anything other than a Sarries win.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Thu 26 Nov 2015, 10:51 pm

He distracted me with his Irish prediction Smile

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:00 pm

Harlequins team
15. Mike Brown
14. Charlie Walker
13. George Lowe
12. Harry Sloan
11. Tim Visser
10. Nick Evans
9. Danny Care©

1. Joe Marler
2. Rob Buchanan
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. James Horwill
5. Sam Twomey
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Dave Ward
8. Nick Easter

16. Joe Gray
17. Mark Lambert
18. Will Collier
19. Charlie Matthews
20. Kieran Treadwell
21. Tito Tebaldi
22. Tim Swiel
23. Matt Hopper
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:01 pm

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE HARLEQUINS 15 Phil Dollman 14 Jack Nowell 13 Henry Slade 12 Ian Whitten 11 James Short 10 Gareth Steenson 9 Will Chudley 1 Ben Moon 2 Jack Yeandle (capt) 3 Moray Low 4 Mitch Lees 5 Damian Welch 6 Dave Ewers 7 Don Armand 8 Thomas Waldrom 16 Elvis Taione 17 Alec Hepburn 18 Alex Brown 19 Geoff Parling 20 Tom Johnson 21 Dave Lewis 22 Sam Hill 23 Olly Woodburn - See more at: http://exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/chiefs-side-to-face-harlequins-3/#sthash.S45y2IWc.dpuf

should be a good match
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:06 pm

Leicester:

Ayerza, youngs, Cole, Fitzgerald, slater, Williams, O'Connor, MCCaffery, Youngs, Bell, Veainu, Smith, Betham, thompstone, Tait.

Bateman, Aguero, Balmain, Kitch, Croft, Harrison, Bai, Catchpole

Tait retains the matchday captaincy, Goneva and williams not fit.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:08 pm

Bath Rugby team to face Leicester Tigers

15 Anthony Watson
14 Semesa Rokoduguni
13 Matt Banahan
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Horacio Agulla
10 George Ford
9 Niko Matawalu
1 Nick Auterac
2 Ross Batty
3 Henry Thomas
4 Stuart Hooper (c)
5 Tom Ellis
6 Matt Garvey
7 Francois Louw
8 Leroy Houston

Replacements

16 Tom Dunn
17 Nathan Catt
18 Max Lahiff
19 David Denton
20 Guy Mercer
21 Chris Cook
22 Rhys Priestland
23 Tom Homer

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:09 pm

Owen williams is a massive lost.

BUT Bell has a very good boot, game mangement will be a big ask.

that forward pack should be big and nasty @ the breakdown hopefully.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:19 pm

Should be a massive encounter. Would have preferred Williams or Burns at 10 - but you cannot have everything.

I am hoping our tight 5 can out play theirs, to allow our back row to really thrive. I reckon we have better bench replacements for th epack than they do too.

Sadly I am busy with my kids on Sunday so given my season ticket to my mum for the day.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:38 pm

A pretty strong Quins side, but it's worrying that we are now in a position where Ward is starting at 7 (despite being excellent there last week) and Treadwell (a lock) is on the bench. We already knew Luamanu and Talei were out for a while, but it implies that Wallace, Clifford and Chisholm are also badly injured enough not to be even on the bench.

Chis looked like a knee, so could be a while, Clifford's return will depend on the return to play protocol, no idea what's up with Wallace.

Still, other than that it's very close to the strongest team we could field; you might want Yarde for Walker but that's about it. How the game goes will give us a good measure of the season we (and Chiefs) can expect.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by pledgeX Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Harlequins team
15. Mike Brown
14. Charlie Walker
13. George Lowe
12. Harry Sloan
11. Tim Visser
10. Nick Evans
9. Danny Care©

1. Joe Marler
2. Rob Buchanan
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. James Horwill
5. Sam Twomey
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Dave Ward
8. Nick Easter

Is that a permanent move or just cover for injuries?

Edit - nvm too slow!

pledgeX

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:50 pm

Poorfour wrote:Still, other than that it's very close to the strongest team we could field; you might want Yarde for Walker but that's about it. How the game goes will give us a good measure of the season we (and Chiefs) can expect.

Adam Jones as well might strengthen things?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:51 pm

Sale Sharks: 15. Mike Haley, 14. Tom Arscott, 13. Sam James, 12. Sam Tuitupou, 11. Will Addison, 10. Danny Cipriani, 9. Chris Cusiter, 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Tommy Taylor, 3. Vadim Cobilas, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Jonathan Mills, 6. Dan Braid (capt.), 7. Magnus Lund, 8. Josh Beaumont.

Replacements: 16. Cameron Neild, 17. Eifion Lewis Roberts, 18. Brian Mujati, 19. Andrei Ostrikov, 20. TJ Ioane, 21. Peter Stringer, 22. Joe Ford, 23. Mark Jennings

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:52 pm

Newcastle Falcons squad V Sale Sharks – Sat 28th November 2015

15 Alex Tait, 14 Giovanbattista Venditti, 13 Adam Powell, 12 Juan Pablo Socino, 11 Marcus Watson, 10 Mike Delany, 9 Michael Young, 1 Rob Vickers, 2 George McGuigan, 3 Jon Welsh, 4 Calum Green, 5 Sean Robinson, 6 Mark Wilson, 7 Will Welch, 8 Nili Latu

Replacements 16 Scott Lawson, 17 Alex Rogers, 18 Taione Vea, 19 Mouritz Botha, 20 Ally Hogg, 21 Ruki Tipuna, 22 Tom Catterick, 23 Chris Harris.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:54 pm

Lot of changes for Sarries and a last outing for Joubert:

15 Ben Ransom (50)
14 Chris Ashton (83)
13 Marcelo Bosch (47)
12 Brad Barritt (150)
11 Chris Wyles (184)
10 Charlie Hodgson (111)
9 Ben Spencer (59)
1 Rhys Gill (148)
2 Schalk Brits (151)
3 Juan Figallo (17)
4 George Kruis (108)
5 Alistair Hargreaves © (73)
6 Kelly Brown (115)
7 Will Fraser (63)
8 Ernst Joubert (160)
Replacements
16 Jared Saunders (22)
17 Richard Barrington (59)
18 Titi Lamositele (5)
19 Maro Itoje (34)
20 Samulea Vunisa (0)
21 Neil De Kock (238)
22 Owen Farrell (119)
23 Nick Tompkins (22)

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:54 pm

Warriors
15 Chris Pennell
14 Bryce Heem
13 Wynand Olivier
12 Ryan Mills
11 Cooper Vuna
10 Tom Heathcote
9 Jonny Arr
1 Na'ama Leleimalefaga
2 Niall Annett
3 Nick Schonert
4 Donncha O'Callaghan
5 Darren Barry
6 Phil Dowson
7 Sam Betty
8 GJ van Velze (C)

Replacements
16 Jaba Bregvadze
17 Val Rapava Ruskin
18 Joe Rees
19 Tevita Cavubati
20 Matt Cox
21 Charlie Mulchrone
22 Ryan Lamb
23 Ben Howard

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 27 Nov 2015, 12:56 pm

London Irish Team to play Wasps:
15. Topsy Ojo*; 14. Alex Lewington; 13. Aseli Tikoirotuma*; 12. Johnny Williams; 11. Tom Fowlie; 10. Chris Noakes; 9. Scott Steele; 1. Tom Court*; 2. David Paice*; 3. Ben Franks*; 4. Eoin Sheriff; 5. Matt Symons (Captain); 6. Joe Trayfoot; 7. Blair Cowan*; 8. Ofisa Treviranus*
Replacements: 16. Gerard Ellis; 17. Tom Smallbone; 18. Leo Halavatau; 19. Jebb Sinclair*; 20. Luke Narraway*; 21. Darren Allinson; 22. Theo Brophy-Clews; 23. Fergus Mulchrone
*Denotes International

Wasps Team to play London Irish

15. Charles Piutau
14. Sailosi Tagicakibau
13. Elliot Daly
12. Ben Jacobs
11. Frank Halai
10. Ruaridh Jackson
9. Joe Simpson
1. Matt Mullan
2. Ashley Johnson
3. Jake Cooper-Woolley
4. James Gaskell
5. Kearnan Myall
6. James Haskell (c)
7. Thomas Young
8. Nathan Hughes

Replacements:

16. Edd Shervington
17. Simon McIntyre
18. Lorenzo Cittadini
19. Bradley Davies
20. Sam Jones
21. Dan Robson
22. Jimmy Gopperth
23. Brendan Macken

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LuigiVampa Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:38 pm

Poorfour wrote:A pretty strong Quins side, but it's worrying that we are now in a position where Ward is starting at 7 (despite being excellent there last week) and Treadwell (a lock) is on the bench. We already knew Luamanu and Talei were out for a while, but it implies that Wallace, Clifford and Chisholm are also badly injured enough not to be even on the bench.

Chis looked like a knee, so could be a while, Clifford's return will depend on the return to play protocol, no idea what's up with Wallace.

Still, other than that it's very close to the strongest team we could field; you might want Yarde for Walker but that's about it. How the game goes will give us a good measure of the season we (and Chiefs) can expect.

Robshaw versus Ewers will be interesting. Treadwell did pretty well when he came on against Cardiff, given he's out of position but I'd agree that those injuries (especially Luamanu who can go full BEAST mode) are pretty unlucky timing.

Still, Dave Ward - a man of many talents (wish throwing into a line-out was one)...

LuigiVampa

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:47 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Poorfour wrote:Still, other than that it's very close to the strongest team we could field; you might want Yarde for Walker but that's about it. How the game goes will give us a good measure of the season we (and Chiefs) can expect.

Adam Jones as well might strengthen things?

Possibly. But he is also a bit of a penalty magnet.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Fri 27 Nov 2015, 4:07 pm

Crikey, Ward starting at 7. He's a better turnover machine than a hooker though, could be an inspired choice!

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 27 Nov 2015, 5:14 pm

Woooo Ward at 7!

If only this game was televised, sadly will get to watched Sarries v Worcester instead Shocked

Ward could be brilliant against Exeter, they've gone for a very physical backrow who aren't the best breakdown players, his reading of the game and ability to rip the ball in the tackle could be very useful. Also it stops him throwing in, which is great as he's pretty pants at it.

As to injuries, I see it more as the club realise it's an away game against a very good team, why rush them back for a lbp game when they can be fit for certain the following week. Hopefully it'll work out like that anyway.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next