The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey

+3
VinceWLB
Stone Motif
GavinDragon
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey Empty Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey

Post by GavinDragon Fri 20 Nov 2015, 12:27 pm

Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey Castre10                           Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey Dragon10
Castres Olympique v Newport Gwent Dragons
Saturday 21st November 2015
KO 17:00
Stade Pierre Antoine, Castres

Referee Gary Conway (Ireland)
Touch Judge 1 Kieran Barry (Ireland)
Touch Judge 2 Barrie O'Connell (Ireland)
Fourth Official Christian Coussan (France)

TEAMS:

Castres Olympique
15 Geoffrey Palis
14 Romain Martial
13 Thomas Combezou
12 Romain Cabannes (capt)
11 Remi Grosso
10 Daniel Kirkpatrick
9 Julien Seron

1 Saimone Taumoepeau
2 Marc-Antoine Rallier
3 Yohan Montes
4 Christophe Samson
5 Victor Moreaux
6 Piula Faasalele
7 Alexandre Bias
8 Johnnie Beattie

16 Mathieu Bonello
17 Mihaita Lazar
18 Lucas Martinez
19 Alex Tulou
20 Theo Hannoyer
21 Julien Dumora
22 Remi Lamerat
23 Antoine Dupont

Newport Gwent Dragons
15. Carl Meyer
14. Ashton Hewitt
13. Adam Hughes
12. Adam Warren
11. Nick Scott
10. Dorian Jones
9. Sarel Pretorius

1. Phil Price
2. Elliot Dee
3. Shaun Knight
4. Matthew Screech
5. Rynard Landman ©
6. Nick Crosswell
7. Ollie Griffiths
8. Ed Jackson

Replacements: Rhys Buckley, Boris Stankovich, Lloyd Fairbrother, Cory Hill, Nic Cudd, Charlie Davies, Jason Tovey, Ross Wardle.

Tombola selection again. Why he has dropped Brok from the 23 and Boris to the bench, against French opposition, is beyond me.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey Empty Re: Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey

Post by Stone Motif Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:17 pm

Could be injured, they're cagey about such things.

Or else he thinks we can run them off the park
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey Empty Re: Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey

Post by GavinDragon Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:28 pm

Yes have since read that Brok is out and Boris is carrying a knock. Still, been impressed with how Shaun Knight went against Sale so here's hoping we dont suffer too much

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 20 Nov 2015, 2:34 pm

Castres haven't selected their best front row for this so you should be ok but you never know with Phil Price, he is utterly useless when it comes to scrummaging.

Dragons vs Castre and Dragons Select vs Jersey CUQnJ9GWEAI2DrI

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Nov 2015, 4:56 pm

Can't pretend to know how strong Castres are. Think Lyp has gone for continuity as best as possible from our point of view though.

The Prem Select game is an annoyance though. They expect us to fork out for it and then don't even afford us the courtesy of naming a team. If they are prepared to treat it as an afterthought when they want support to attend, then why should I pay money when it should really be part of my season ticket?

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:06 pm

I think potentially this was agreed after the season tickets were budgeted.

You can pay on the door or though RP ticketline. I wonder what the arrangement is. I wonder if clubs are charging for the use? Or if ticket sales are shared? Or if its a case of all ticket sales on day go to club and those done through RP go to dragons?

And while there is no team selected yet, there is some news on it http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/14092942.Newport_Gwent_Dragons_Premiership_Select_look_to_make_region_proud/

I think the CEO of the dragons will be watching these attendances very closely.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:14 pm

your prayers were answered rev

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com/News/Article/42823

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:15 pm

GD,

Not sure how the ticket sales are done but do like the idea of any tickets sold on the day go to the club hosting game (good idea as well to share games around), if the money isn't done like that then hopefully the semi pro clubs get at least some share of receipts etc
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:22 pm

I hope there is a good crowd there. If they can get into 4 figures it would be very good. Ill be there and dragging my 10 year old with me

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 20 Nov 2015, 5:35 pm

Come on you Dragons.

From a Scottish perspective, will be interested to see if Johnny Beattie maintains last season's habit of dialling in his performance from the pub.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:10 pm

I don't begrudge Keys etc making money from this, but they probably are regardless of letting season ticket holders go free. In effect I've paid £20 more for the ticket this season. Is that fair with the product on offer at Rodney Parade being pretty poor, on the whole?

It's funny I tweeted dragons at five or so and then they decided to post the team half hour later. It's also rather funny that they make a big deal of Brewy playing and then not announce it sooner to try shifting more tickets. Still a Dragons legend at the end of the day, even if his star is on the wane.

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:22 pm

Yes I am the same. If they don't include it next year I will be very peed off.

And tbf we are streets behind the other three in terms of our marketing, both in content, frequency and general organisation/timing. Not to mention the lack of any deals to entice fans or other money spinners e.g the ospreys batman shirt, the blues offering students 5 tickets for a tenner, scarlets offering 3 for 2 on european games.

But then, what do you expect when your only offering 25k for a marketing person

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 21 Nov 2015, 3:15 pm

After a good start, we should be doing our best to progress in this competition. It seems with that team selection we're trying to lose this!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 21 Nov 2015, 5:44 pm

As expected (by me) it was a bonus point win for Castres - Dragons come away with LBP as it finishes 32-29.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 21 Nov 2015, 6:01 pm

So close. Gutting to lose by such a small margin away from home.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 21 Nov 2015, 6:18 pm

think I would have taken that at the start. But we were in the lead with 20 to go

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 21 Nov 2015, 6:28 pm

Gav, any idea when our most potent attacking players are returning to us? They could no doubt help us later on in this competition.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Nov 2015, 9:14 pm

Amos and Morgan are apparently fit for the Six Nations, so realistically they have to be ready for us by jan latest.

An LBP isn't bad today, but Castres did make 10 changes or so. I'd have maybe expected a bit more, seeing as we spoke about confidence and spirit of Stade last season etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 21 Nov 2015, 9:57 pm

Yea but we started with second choice props. Our 2nd row at 8 and three internationals missing from backline

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:08 pm

Jackson is an 8?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:10 pm

Only one. That was Lyn's choice too. Boris was fit to bench and come on. Shaun Knight is first choice too.

5 players isn't comparable to ten changes sorry. Especially when we "had confidence" and "weren't relying on individuals missing". I do fear it's a missed opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:11 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Jackson is an 8?

He dropped out late and Landman played there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:28 pm

I haven't seen the game so just an observation really. We do seem to put more points on the board with the best 10 to come out of Gwent since Dai Watkins on the pitch.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:32 pm

True yes. Though we also seem to play with a better attack mindset in Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:46 pm

Risca Rev wrote:True yes. Though we also seem to play with a better attack mindset in Europe.

It's almost as if Lyn knows we desperately need to win a few things, and he's looked our chances of that thing being the League and said, "sod the league, we'll have a cracking at the cup and the 7s". Loathe him or loathe him, there is some sense to that.

Would explain in part why we start so gash, as we'd be conditioned to hit our straps about now. Would also explain some of the tombola stuff.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Nov 2015, 10:59 pm

He's a genius. I am sorry Lyn, I'll never doubt you again. Though there's no doubt that the limit to a lot of the supporters ambitions is a tidy challenge cup run and finishing above a region. So in a sense he's hitting his KPI's (such a disgusting buzz acronym)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Nov 2015, 11:01 pm

I can't help but be tempted to go tomorrow now. Even though I'm not chuffed by this charge, I am intrigued as to how it'll be received. Be good to see a bit of potential atmosphere on Pandy Park too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 21 Nov 2015, 11:36 pm

Risca Rev wrote:He's a genius. I am sorry Lyn, I'll never doubt you again. Though there's no doubt that the limit to a lot of the supporters ambitions is a tidy challenge cup run and finishing above a region. So in a sense he's hitting his KPI's (such a disgusting buzz acronym)

Kingsley's Progeny Inclusions?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 12:12 am

You've got it.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 12:34 am

Oh I see, I didn't hear the news that Jackson had to pull out. Our front 5 would have been even worse then with Screech and Hill as the starting locks. I take it Joe Davies is still injured? I like the look of that lad, and I believe he'll be a better lock than the aforementioned.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 7:17 am

I will be going rev.

And although I have criticised Dorian in the past, he does seem to be in fine form atm.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 9:29 am

Him and his bro are good players. The other Jones however, leaves a lot to be desired.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm

I thought it to be the case from photos I'd seen, but Pandy's pitch is not in good nick really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 2:52 pm

I guess Colin Vernall won't pay for a lawnmower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 3:13 pm

Nice score, well finish by little Lyn

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 3:29 pm

Good try. We're more inventive at this level.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 3:30 pm

Angus playing well.

Adam Jones likes a try too. Both centres playing pretty well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 3:38 pm

I wish I'd paid the tenner and gone to watch them live now. Dale McIntosh is shocking on commentary. Every other word is mate pretty much.

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 3:41 pm

It's bloody cold here mind

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 3:42 pm

A few familiar faces jonny evans sat in front of me and I've seen stuart

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 3:44 pm

Bit too much white line fever there, particularly by Scott Matthews. Should've scored. Do think this ref should be penalising Jersey more in the contact area though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 4:34 pm

Not going to win now. Haven't really come out for the second half. Pretty weak defending at times, especially Angus and Luc.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 4:39 pm

Nothing in that for me so shouldn't have been reversed. All he did was get to his feet.

I agree that we haven't been as good in this half and struggle to deal with the great strength of English rugby. We should have made more of that dominant first half, and had a better defence.

As I write this we might have won it at the end from their missed penalty!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 4:40 pm

Told you we weren't going to win

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 4:42 pm

Just keep telling us that for the rest of the season...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 22 Nov 2015, 5:56 pm

Enjoyed that, the Jersey game. Proper long grass too.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 6:07 pm

We were good in patches. Angus was hit and miss. Lovely break to set up the try and a good bomb for the second combined with some suspect defence and erratic kicking.

Luc jones again showed he is a joke even at this level. His poor box kick lead to their first try and he missed an easy tackle in the second.

Tbh no one stood out enough to warrant selection in the senior squad. James Benjamin could make the bench at a push and garret over price. Sweet over screech maybe

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 22 Nov 2015, 6:26 pm

Was TRT wearing blue and black socks against Jersey today or did I imagine it?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 22 Nov 2015, 6:34 pm

didnt notice

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 22 Nov 2015, 6:40 pm

GavinDragon wrote:didnt notice

Rick O'Shea was commenting on the socks being worn.
Noticed Aled Brew wore black and amber.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next