The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestle Kingdom 10

Go down

Wrestle Kingdom 10 Empty Wrestle Kingdom 10

Post by Prometheus Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:23 am

What is it?
New Japan's biggest PPV of the year, held on Jan 4.

Why should it excite you?
Wrestle Kingdom sets the benchmark for in-ring performance for the year and is often not surpassed.  Not just 1, but 2, bouts from WK9 were 5* classics.

Will Wrestle Kingdom 10 be as good?
Based on the two matches announced, chances are very, very good.  
- IWGP Heavyweight title will be between Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi.  Tanahashi is the veteran, the wrestler many have credited with reviving the wrestling business in Japan.  Okada, the Rainmaker, is 27.  The two met at the same event last year, but in reversed roles (Tanahashi was the champ).  I think it is likely that this will be their final meeting and they will want to sign off their feud in style.

- IWGP Intercontinental title will be between Shinsuke Nakamura and AJ Styles.  If you've heard of New Japan, you've heard of Nakamura, the King of Strong Style, and the man who promoted the Intercontinental belt to be on the same level as the heavyweight championship.  AJ Styles is well known from his TNA work, he's been a top name in New Japan for over a year and his matches are all supreme.

We are still awaiting the full card.  I'm just a little behind on New Japan.  So Wiki is saying that there'll be a 4-way tag title match between ReDRagon, Roppongi Vice, the Young Bucks and Matt Sydal / Ricochet.  That will be a crazy, crazy spot fest.  Wiki is also saying that Kenny Omega and KUSHIDA will meet for the Junior Heavyweight title, which again just has two great workers in it.  

The full card could well have more Ring of Honor content, I'd not be surprised by another Ishii / Honma match and the full card will probably hold 10 matches.

How can you watch it?
njpwworld is a bit like the WWE network, it is how they stream all their PPVs.  At 999 Yen per month that's around £5, it is insanely good value for money.  There has been no announcement yet, but I would expect them to run this with an English commentary, as they did for King of Pro Wrestling.  

Thoughts?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down