The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dare Devil

5 posters

Go down

Dare Devil Empty Dare Devil

Post by compelling and rich Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 9:37

i think i had been scarred on daredevil from the awful ben affleck film, that i wasnt really expecting much from the new netflix series. but i have to say its been excellent, much better than expected. and probably the best series of any superhero (arrow/flash etc)

i like the fact its much darker than most, kingpin is sinister and quite dark and makes for a great nemesis.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Dare Devil Empty Re: Dare Devil

Post by Guest Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 10:07

Watched the first series and whilst it's taken an age for Murdoch to become Daredevil I've enjoyed it (not as much as The Blacklist though!!!!). Vincent D'Onofrio is excellent as Kingpin and I'm looking forward to the next series. I was surprised by the high levels of graphic violence though (when Kingpin smashed the guy's head in the car door until it comes off being a particular highlight)

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 10:14

oh yes, one of the best kingpin scenes that, although you may want to spoiler it. it does take a while to get going i agree, but with that you can at least get depth to the character (unlike blacklist where you couldnt care less about them Wink )

do think a lot of these super heroes films/series need more violence, if there wasnt any there wouldnt be any need for the super hero in the first place. things like spiderman, agents of shield, flash etc have always fallen down for me as there too squeaky clean and target kids more, this is probably the first superhero series that solely targets adults

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 11:56

Agree this was a fantastic first series, gritty and dark.

Apparently the new series will have introduce Elektra and the Punisher! Can't wait to see the Punisher, great character.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 12:03

It was a brilliant season, slowly built Murdoch up and developed him and the other characters which is hardly seen in Superhero movies/shows but as was said Kingpin was the stand out in the first season and I think they needed the violence to show him as the top guy

Season two will be better I think and the Jessica Jones show looks just as dark and violent I can see Tennant stealing the show just as Vincent D'Onofrio did

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 9 Nov 2015 - 14:13

compelling and rich wrote:oh yes, one of the best kingpin scenes that, although you may want to spoiler it. it does take a while to get going i agree, but with that you can at least get depth to the character (unlike blacklist where you couldnt care less about them Wink )

do think a lot of these super heroes films/series need more violence, if there wasnt any there wouldnt be any need for the super hero in the first place. things like spiderman, agents of shield, flash etc have always fallen down for me as there too squeaky clean and target kids more, this is probably the first superhero series that solely targets adults
F*ck 'em!

As for the Blacklist, how can you not love Reddington? Intelligent, erudite, sophisticated, a penchant for hats and a violent streak a mile wide.
Elizabeth Keene - fit a flip. That two part episode where the ex-special forces guy had captured Dembe and was going to execute him in front of Reddington was brilliant.

Go watch it again, go on, now, shift yourself!

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 25 Nov 2015 - 19:08

started on jessica jones last night, which is set in the same city as daredevil. im sure there will be a cross over at some point with both being netflix original shows. looks like it could be a good series

although i still only see the main character as the smackhead out of breaking bad

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 26 Nov 2015 - 8:56

They are building up to a Defenders show with DareDevil, Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist, also they are making a Punisher show and I heard ABC are making a Damage Control show as well but that will be more comedy that dark drama

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Wed 16 Dec 2015 - 15:52

Finished watching Jessica Jones the other week and really enjoyed it. I love the dark tone to it, feels more real (even though they are superheroes) Liked how Luke Cage was introduced and thought David Tennant was fantastic as the Purple Man!

Saw a "teaser" trailer for Daredevil season 2 yesterday and Punisher looks to be one the main focus. Can't wait going off what they (Netflix) have done so far.

Also Luke Cage looks to be the next to get his own series and then probably Iron Fist to eventually get the Defenders (not the one with Flash Gordon) as DR mentioned.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 16 Dec 2015 - 16:10

Iron Fist has started development so it will be after Cage Smile

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 16 Dec 2015 - 18:39

i agree hornblower, jess jones was very good. tennant stole the show for me as the villain. right mix of bat sh!t crazy and evil combined.

is there a release date for next series of dare devil?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 18:06

new trailer for season 2 out now, punisher and elektra look like they'll feature, out around april i think

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 8 Jan 2016 - 10:13

Its out the same day as Batman vs Superman

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 6 Apr 2016 - 19:01

anybody started watching the new series? im up to episode 4

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 26 Apr 2016 - 7:20

Just finished this. I am a big Daredevil fan (from the comics) and I like the series. I thought it was done well and enjoyed it a lot. Not as good as the first series, but still worth a watch. They do repeat good ideas quite a bit e.g. first series, fight in close quarters against lots of Russians, DD knackered. Next series, fighting down the stairs against a biker gang, DD breathing pretty hard.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 26 Apr 2016 - 9:18

It was a good second series, that fight in the prison was brutal, stand outs were Foggy and Punisher for me

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 19 May 2016 - 14:41

I thought series 2 was much better than the first, mainly because of the Punisher. Thought Jon Bernthal was excellent.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down