The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing is going downhill

+7
kingraf
huw
spencerclarke
Lance
Kareem61
Hammersmith harrier
AdamT
11 posters

Go down

Boxing is going downhill Empty Boxing is going downhill

Post by AdamT Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:58 am

I promise not to ruin threads anymore.

I do troll sometimes but I am not lying when saying boxing is terrible now. There are still some very good fighters, but very few and far between. I still enjoy watching fights, but my eyes do not deceive me. In no other era would old fighters dominate.

MMA is definitely going to take over for a fact. Already has in America.

Anyway I have started my own thread, so I will try and play nice on others. Is that fair enough?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Boxing is going downhill Empty Re: Boxing is going downhill

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:04 am

Isn't deliberate trolling against site rules, someone derailing multiple threads on purpose should really be banned.

Boxing is still far bigger in America than MMA, fact.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:09 am

I said I ain't doing it now. Haz is as big a troll as anyone.

How is it bigger for a fact? McGregor done 800,000 and Rousey done 900,000.

What did Floyd vs Berto do? Will GGG get over 400000?

Canelo vs Cotto might do a million and then the winner vs GGG possibly. Other than that, I see no huge ppv fights.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:10 am

I haven't derailed multiple threads on purpose, only odd one. To be fair they are usually Haz threads. Going to foe him now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:11 am

I ask once again as no one replied before, can you for people when viewing the site through a mobile device?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:12 am

Pathetic

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:13 am

Sorted. Goodbye Adam T.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:14 am

Lance wrote:Pathetic

He's an attention seeking little twot, quite insulting to Truss that he was once considered to be an alias.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 am

Way back and read box rec you freak.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:16 am

His constant almost bipolar opinions are tiresome now. Foe button used for the first time sadly. Generally I enjoy coming on here for a read but people like him make it much less of a pleasure.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:19 am

He ruins almost every thread. Really is a moron, I've called it out for a while now. It's people like him that stop people coming back. Turns every thread into a Mayweather or GGG thread because his knowledge is awful.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:27 am

Foe button is fantastic.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:32 am

I have foed many and vice versa I'm sure.

I will be genuine about any posts if I stick around. And apologies to anyone I have offended. Just enjoy a bit of bant and it used to be serious.Anyhow I will only post serious contributions if I post again.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:06 pm

I disagree that boxing is going downhill, there are still plenty of good fighters out there and more coming up through the ranks, plenty of good fights as well this year with still a few more coming, tonights being no exception. Ok Mayweather it seems has retired, but stars as big as him are few and far between, it may be decades before we get somebody of his caliber but it will happen. British boxing seems to be doing pretty well at the moment and this in turn will inspire more to take up the sport.

As far as mma taking over I don't agree. Rousey & McGregor may have done some good numbers in their last fights but these numbers are few & far between. Mma fans have actually talked about mma going through a bad patch with not so many big names at the moment, not to mention the bad publicity with failed drugs test, fights not coming off and the odd bad decision. I've never bought this boxing vs mma nonsense, both sports can live side by side, many fight fans enjoy both. Sometimes I follow boxing more other times mma, just depends on what fights are being made in each sport. At the moment I'm enjoying the latest TUF series. But I'm also looking forward to Cotto vs Canelo, a fight which will get a lot of views.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:08 pm

I hope you're right. Long as rival promoters keep putting on the fights fans want, it will be ok.

I guess Haymon putting on more free shows in the states will do it no harm either.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:09 pm

I have been questioned about my knowledge being awful by a certain poster. Never claimed I was knowledgeable mate. I will say this certain poster just repeats what he hears others say, like a sheep and clearly knows f all.

Anyway as I have mentioned yesterday I look forward to decent debate from now on and no stirring from me anymore at all.

This is a forum about serious discussion and I will stick to it now.

Last edited by AdamT on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:22 pm

I never understand the comparison between mma and boxing. Different sports. It's like comparing cricket and baseball. I have no interest in mma but am not critical of those that have.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:54 pm

You're right man. Guess because both involves fighting.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:59 pm

You were trolling, I see. Thought you were a genuine Frak rather than a troll.

Not sure which is better.

The only reason for the comparison is so that Dana White can have his sport taken seriously.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:04 pm

Only at times.

Too many other vvankers get a pass on, here so I thought I would troll certain individuals.

I started out serious but was accused of being other posters and been abused at times. Anyway I have been foed and foed others, so I am going to talk serious stuff here from now on.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:33 pm

MMA isn't overtaking boxing. Not anytime soon. Ronda did 900k but she's a novelty act. A woman who kicks other women's asses alarmingly quickly. No more an indicator of MMA overtaking boxing than Mundine breaking Australian PPV all those years back showed that boxing was about to overtake Aussie rules. Even if it was, I don't actually care. Imagine following a sport because it's about to overtake another sport...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Raf perhaps you are right. I just think boxing talent is down a notch. Maybe that is just me.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:53 pm

spencerclarke wrote:I never understand the comparison between mma and boxing. Different sports. It's like comparing cricket and baseball. I have no interest in mma but am not critical of those that have.

I think its fair to compare the two to be honest as they are both individual combat sports.

People can harp on about the sweet science being superior to MMA but ultimately, both are about beating the other person, through aggression. Whereas MMA has regressed in terms of an entertaining spectacle (the majority practice the same discipline as opposed to the old days where you had wildly varying fights) but as boxing becomes more of a farce (with regards to federation BS), MMA will catch up.

Boxing has a 100 year+ legacy in its favour but the major oragnisations are doing their best to screw it up.

I would hazard a guess that most new people to combat training will more likely get in to MMA than boxing as a past time/ sports career.

Final thing, irrespective of which ever side you prefer (I prefer boxing these days), a couple of things that MMA does better is the way that the best usually fight the best. And the main reason for this is that the "0" is not a huge thing in MMA. People lose but they are not immediately labelled a hype job or tomato can for it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:54 pm

Yes the best fight the best often. That is true.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Boxing is a global sport. MMA is for white skinheads who like watching two men roll around on the floor. That's fine but at no point would any of these people be interested in boxing

Boxing can be a joke at times but its nothing to do with MMA, WWE or any other "combat" sport

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:13 pm

MMA is getting the fanbase from the younger generations. Young ones are interested in who the toughest guy out there is. In decades gone by, boxers were seen as the tough guys in sport, but MMA have the better fighters.

I know that is stupid, but people are interested in who can win a fight. boxing is the sport of using hands and MMA is the sport of actual fighting. I prefer boxing and think it is more exciting, but MMA is definitely more loved by those under 25.

Boxing will never die, but I definitely predict that MMA will be bigger in the next 20 or 25years.

Last edited by AdamT on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:29 pm

Cnan you se whhas "foed" you?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Not sure mate, but I hit the foe button for a few and got ignored by others, going by a few posts lol.

I don't mind, to be fair I want to discuss boxing now for real and am fed up going over common ground with some folk.

I have held my hands up to doing a bit of trolling, pity a couple of others wouldn't do the same. You get certain posters accusing you endlessly of being an alias and having no knowledge.

Last edited by AdamT on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:52 pm

The irony is hilarious

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:09 pm

This place is full of women

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:11 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:This place is full of women
Sheng how are you doing?

Hoping your Irish boys can qualify for Euro 2016 it would be nice to have another team there to cheer on (as long as we don't play each other)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Steffan wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:This place is full of women
Sheng how are you doing?

Hoping your Irish boys can qualify for Euro 2016 it would be nice to have another team there to cheer on (as long as we don't play each other)

Yes mate, gonna be tough with the Bosnians, they will be no push over, since they got their new manager they have secured 15/18 pts, and I think they beat your boys 2-0....

But we'll give it a go!

isappointed in the Rugby yesterday tbh, thought Irland were going to the final! lol....

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:05 pm

I thought Ireland were too. Scotland showed how beatable the Aussies are. Argies were excellent though

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:09 pm

Adam D wrote:
spencerclarke wrote:I never understand the comparison between mma and boxing. Different sports. It's like comparing cricket and baseball. I have no interest in mma but am not critical of those that have.

I think its fair to compare the two to be honest as they are both individual combat sports.

Of course you can compare them in that respect but its not like you can only follow one or the other. probably 50% of fight fans are fans of both sports and K1/Glory as well, although that just doesn't get the coverage. I just don't get this boxing vs mma nonsense or one is taking over the other. Both will have there highs and lows but they are both here to stay and can live alongside each other. Lets not forget boxing is part of mma, every mma fighter has a boxing coach, you don't train mma without training boxing as part of it.

People can harp on about the sweet science being superior to MMA but ultimately, both are about beating the other person, through aggression. Whereas MMA has regressed in terms of an entertaining spectacle (the majority practice the same discipline as opposed to the old days where you had wildly varying fights) but as boxing becomes more of a farce (with regards to federation BS), MMA will catch up.

I don't agree, ok there is now a breed of new fighters coming through that are 'mma' fighters who have just trained mma, but still the majority of champions are still fighters that came from a single style of fighting ie wrestling, muay thai/kick boxing & juijitsu, there are plenty of good entertaining fights out there. Dana White is constantly saying he wants exciting fights, leave it all in the cage, don't leave it in the hands of the judges. He'll openly admit its the entertaing industry and he has to put bums on seats.

Boxing has a 100 year+ legacy in its favour but the major oragnisations are doing their best to screw it up.

I would hazard a guess that most new people to combat training will more likely get in to MMA than boxing as a past time/ sports career.

As a past time, to get fit etc a very good chance, but as a career I'm not so sure. I have a few friends back in the UK that fight mma/used to fight mma and they all say the same, mma is a hard sport, you have to train about 5 different disciplines 6 or 7 days per week, thats hard enough, then come the injuries. A couple have switched to white collar boxing, as that I'm told is on the up, and that its easier! You just train boxing, 3 - 5 days per week is enough and you pick up less injuries. For the teenagers its a lot better as well for the aforementioned reasons and maybe some can progress, a couple even into the pro's. The uk amateur circuit is far more professional than the mma circuit. And as I said in an earlier post, with UK success in the amateurs and a few more world champs in the pro's more people gonna take it up

Final thing, irrespective of which ever side you prefer (I prefer boxing these days), a couple of things that MMA does better is the way that the best usually fight the best. And the main reason for this is that the "0" is not a huge thing in MMA. People lose but they are not immediately labelled a hype job or tomato can for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:05 pm

Best post in ages

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down