The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 8 Homepage III

+9
Fluxy
dammit_chris
SirJohnnyEnglish
Ozzy3213
CJB
Steven_Sharks
Driver
prop_lyd
ChequeredJersey
13 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 Empty Season 8 Homepage III

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 11 Oct 2015, 7:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Bath move off the foot of the table with their first win of the season, Sale & Quins remain unbeaten while Saints pick up a crucial win at the Madejeski. 

Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2014/2015 – London Wasps
2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 – Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 12Sale Sharks75201921712120123027
2Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 7Harlequins      75201891692017110024
3Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 5London Irish 75021901751516112224
4Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 9Northampton Saints74211861751115142022
5Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 8Newcastle Falcons   7313177177015161318
6Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 4Leicester Tigers7304174179-511150416
7Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 57Worcester Warriors 7304174185-1113160416
8Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 11Saracens7214177174314121415
9Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 48Exeter Chiefs  *7223177176114130314
10Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 2Gloucester   * 7205167189-2213170411
11Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 1Bath Rugby7124176183-713160411
12Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 6London Wasps7106156182-261015059

Welcome to Season 8 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 23 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1993.

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. Worcester Warriors & London Wasps will receive two additional bids to be used exclusively on academy age players. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by the RFU on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by the RFU against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.
    Player Draft
    Worcester Warriors & London Wasps will participate in a player draft beginning the week of June 22nd. Both sides will be allowed to draft two players each. The draft picks will go as follows; 1. Worcester 2. Wasps 3. Wasps 4. Worcester.

Round Bidding
    There will be two rounds of bidding. The first window will run the week starting June 29th and the second the week starting July 3rd. All sides will be allowed to sign one player each during the window. These bids are not protected if you do not have the funds in place to bid during the window you will lose the bid.    

Open Bidding
    From July 13th the foreign market will be open to all bids similar to previous seasons. Due to the world cup the window will remain open till the end of September.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will pm the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box.
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
Bonuses will be awarded on a scaled basis i.e. 2m for 5 games, 1.6m for 4 games and so on
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 7:28 pm; edited 9 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 8 Homepage III - Page 20 Empty Re: Season 8 Homepage III

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:38 pm

Brown, whose inability/unwillingness to pass is overstated, is at international level at least 10 times the counterattacker that Goode is! He is also neither a poor kicker nor a poor ball player in my opinion
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:50 pm

Though I accept that I am biased
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:57 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Though I accept that I am biased

Best England player over last few years but my point was he is also our downfall in some ways. He hardly inks attacks.

Would he get in any sh side ??

I was at a talk by scw last week at a business conference last week.
He did his Dna of a champion presentation and he said we have to pick players who have a chance to be the best next WC and not our best current players.

Also said we need to id leaders now and Stick
With them

I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 2:45 pm

Been confirmed
That Clermont knew that taking the penalty would have put
Them through.

Amazing meltdown

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 29 Jan 2016, 3:34 pm

You may be biased, but I would make Brown at least 20 times better than Goode, so you're being quite conservative with it

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 29 Jan 2016, 3:48 pm

BamBam wrote:

You may be biased, but I would make Brown at least 20 times better than Goode, so you're being quite conservative with it

100% agree. I've no idea how Goode keeps getting in, they obviously see something we don't.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 29 Jan 2016, 4:41 pm

He's a quality club player and shines in European Cup at times, but agree with you all he's not the answer for England at all, find it strange that you pick someone who can really only cover one position at international level. Greenwood put out a far better backline in his article today, which actually had some balance about it - he went:

Youngs, Farrell, Roko, Deveto, Daly, Nowell and Brown and would have had Simpson (if fit), Ford and I think JJ or Watson on the bench - all starting backs were on form.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 7:28 pm

Simpson out for 14 weeks Chris, having an operation on ankle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 29 Jan 2016, 7:48 pm

You need gas at Int level in the backline, it's a must

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 29 Jan 2016, 10:09 pm

Espc from fullback these days, Watson long term answer there but he's got a lot of work to do before he becomes a top quality fb at that level.

Yeah gutted about Simpson being injured, he's the heartbeat of our side and gets the tempo going and team moving forward. interested to see how Robson goes now though with a run of at least 10 games now, he's improved last few games.

George Smith is such a brilliant player, how he didnt get motm tonight was crazy.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 10:46 pm

Smith a legend. Wasps a clever side and next year could be challenging. Think they will drop a way this year as too inconsistent. Robson a fine player he will grab his chance. Great all round game and lightning quick also

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 29 Jan 2016, 11:47 pm

From Quins' perspective, I'm worried about Wasps and Tigers' matches during the 6N. Wasps at home can beat the best and will be out for revenge, not sure if their injuries are back, but they smashed Saints without some key players like Mullan, Daly, Hughes, Wade

Tigers are in good form and will have Manu, T Youngs, Croft, Kitchener all available. Ayerza against a not great scrum, and we will have Care, Brown, Robshaw, Clifford, Marler, Roberts, possibly Visser and possibly Yarde out
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 31 Jan 2016, 12:57 pm

Agulla/thompstone available. Will be releasing one of them
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 31 Jan 2016, 4:51 pm

We beat Quins!!! Too late to push on for a top 4 spot??

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 01 Feb 2016, 4:12 am

Round 11 - https://www.606v2.com/t62012-ap-round-11#3263200

Predictions to me please thumbsup

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 02 Feb 2016, 7:40 am

Unlikely to be able to predict this week, am on a stag do over the weekend

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 03 Feb 2016, 2:16 pm

Wales team to play Ireland:

Gareth Anscombe; George North, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Tom James; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Scott Baldwin, Samson Lee, Luke Charteris, Alun Wyn Jones, Sam Warburton (capt), Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Tomas Francis, Bradley Davies, Dan Lydiate, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, Alex Cuthbert.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Feb 2016, 2:22 pm

That scrum is going to take a hiding. Should be a good game, can't wait for the weekend!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 03 Feb 2016, 3:04 pm

He's dropped Cuthbert Yahoo only to the bench but that's enough!! Although not sure what he could bring from the bench, would prefer Matthew Morgan as he brings something different from the starting backline.

I think we will hold our own at the scrum, Evans and Lee have been doing well for Scarlets hence their position in the table, Baldwin is a solid option too. Plus if we are struggling being able to bring on Jenkins-Owens-Francis and Davies will shore it up.

Yes it may be that Evans is thrown in at the deep end but look at the players we did that with before.....Warburton, Halfpenny, North, Roberts, Davies x2, Biggar, Lee, Tips etc etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see AWJ packing down behind Evans initially before swapping to Lee.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 03 Feb 2016, 6:56 pm

Possibly Prop.

What I've seen of Evans is he isn't a good scrummager in the slightest but is handy around the park, I suppose a little like Jenkins these days. LH is a bit of problem position for Wales really, there's very little quality there.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 04 Feb 2016, 2:20 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:That scrum is going to take a hiding. Should be a good game, can't wait for the weekend!

Surely a comment made about Wales must be a WUM right? Laugh

And you clearly don't know anything about our pack -or the Irish pack - if you think that the scrum is going to take a hiding.

Or Evans either for that matter, he had a half when we beat Ireland last year and acquitted himself admirably in the scrum, didn't collapse or take a knee once.

Our pack will do just fine but thanks for your concern, uninformed though it is.

thumbsup

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Feb 2016, 3:57 am

You really need to stop stalking me, it's getting a bit weird.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:19 am

yet again its a pity you can't defend your point of view instead of running to teacher but i've come to realize that is how you roll.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Feb 2016, 7:10 am

Sorry about this lads. This guy looks at all my posts and follows me around the threads, it's a little strange so I've got him on ignore, can't even see what he's posting but I imagine it's utter tosh.

What's the thoughts on James getting back in Prop? Always liked him but he went off the boil for a while.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Thu 04 Feb 2016, 8:12 am

Lol

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 04 Feb 2016, 8:42 am

Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:26 am

James has been doing well back at the ospreys, a solid scrummager but think, with Nicky smith back, he won't really be needed for Wales. As much as I love Jenkins and have always admired his game I think he will now be a bench option till Evans and smith get more time.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:29 am

Sorry Prop, I meant Tom James.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:44 am

England: Mike Brown, Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Owen Farrell, Jack Nowell, George Ford, Danny Care; Joe Marler, Dylan Hartley (captain), Dan Cole, Joe Launchbury, George Kruis, Chris Robshaw, James Haskell and Billy Vunipola.
Replacements: Jamie George, Mako Vunipola, Paul Hill, Courtney Lawes, Jack Clifford, Ben Youngs, Alex Goode and Ollie Devoto.
England squad named, so Faz at 12 manifests itself. interesting call.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Feb 2016, 10:58 am

As expected I guess.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 04 Feb 2016, 12:55 pm

I have no problem trying it. We have to move on swiftly if it doesn't though.

I still worry about how we get across the gain line if its bucketing down and Watson, JJ, Nowell etc can't use their dancing feet. 

A lot on Billy V's shoulder

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Feb 2016, 12:56 pm

Does anyone have Jack Walker in their academy?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:04 pm

Prop does mate

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:40 pm

I am a twonk of the highest order
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:41 pm

Lol, nice censor!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 04 Feb 2016, 1:43 pm

I've always wondered what you're actually saying for that to be the censor

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 04 Feb 2016, 2:10 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Sorry Prop, I meant Tom James.
he has been on fire this season and appears to have matured after throwing his toys out of the pram. Played him at youth level and his gas and power were immense, to be honest anyone who keeps Cuthbert out is good for me! Hallam Amos should overtake James soon.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 04 Feb 2016, 3:21 pm

Steven_Sharks wrote:I have no problem trying it. We have to move on swiftly if it doesn't though.

I still worry about how we get across the gain line if its bucketing down and Watson, JJ, Nowell etc can't use their dancing feet. 

A lot on Billy V's shoulder

Agree completely with you there Steve, Nowell is pretty good at getting over the gainline but I think for the backline to work we need one of our wingers to be a Roko type player who has the physicality to smash us over the gainline.

Think we should beat Scotland in the front row and outmuscle them in the backrow but do like the Grays as a combination - glad to see Kruis start he's been so good for Sarries this season, probably best forward in the AP form wise, him and Launch could be a very useful unit.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 04 Feb 2016, 4:59 pm

Would like to see Brown coming into the line as a carrier on Saturday
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 04 Feb 2016, 5:38 pm

Hopefully Devoto will get on at some stage, probably early if Ford is having a stinker. I like Devoto, he has all the attributes to be quality but is looking more Twelvetrees than Greenwood at the minute.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 5:50 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Possibly Prop.

What I've seen of Evans is he isn't a good scrummager in the slightest but is handy around the park, I suppose a little like Jenkins these days. LH is a bit of problem position for Wales really, there's very little quality there.

He is a young lad prop wise and improves
Every game.
Having a great season as is Lee.

Any young prop will take some hammerings look at Francis in the World Cup. No other way for a prop
To learn.

Wales
Have some good young prop options with Evans Francis and a few others coming through.
What they all lack is experience and there is only one way to get that unfortunately.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=62160

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20