The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rest days between games in RWC 2015

+10
The Great Aukster
emack2
SecretFly
Marshes
Pot Hale
aucklandlaurie
TJ
VinceWLB
carpet baboon
Chunky Norwich
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rest days between games in RWC 2015 Empty Rest days between games in RWC 2015

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 6:33 pm

The hosts and the governers taken care of.

Rest days between games in RWC 2015 Img-2012

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Rest days between games in RWC 2015 Empty Re: Rest days between games in RWC 2015

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 6:58 pm

And Japan. 10 days rest before today's game...

Back to top Go down

Rest days between games in RWC 2015 Empty Re: Rest days between games in RWC 2015

Post by carpet baboon Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:14 pm

Chunky feels like Ireland are bullying his poor Wales again. It's all a big conspiracy.
Burn the Irish

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:23 pm

carpet baboon wrote:Chunky feels like Ireland are bullying his poor Wales again. It's all a big conspiracy.
Burn the Irish

Comment on the facts. No the man.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 03 Oct 2015, 7:28 pm

OK the facts are you feel persecuted as your believe the irish run world rugby in their favour.
So you go out of your way to reinforce your own delusions with your "facts" that prove your angry spite filled world view.
Because ireland could not possibly do well fairly could they.

Them enough facts for you?

But you do ammuse me

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 10:30 pm

carpet baboon wrote:OK the facts are you feel persecuted as your believe the irish run world rugby in their favour.
So you go out of your way to reinforce your own delusions with your "facts" that prove your angry spite filled world view.

But you do ammuse me

I'm not going out of my way. I'm just posting a table on the internet, it's not that hard.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 03 Oct 2015, 10:41 pm

Japan got royally screwed, playing their main rivals in a space of 5 days. I think they would have beaten Scotland with a fresh team.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:08 pm

Can the mods please ban this unpleasant troll?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:16 pm

TJ wrote:Can the mods please ban this unpleasant troll?

For what?

It's a table of rest days for teams in the rugby world cup.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:24 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:OK the facts are you feel persecuted as your believe the irish run world rugby in their favour.

But you do ammuse me

I'm not going out of my way. I'm just posting a table on the internet, it's not that hard.

Not entirely true, Chunky:

"The hosts and the governers taken care of." You're obviously implying corruption by England/Ireland. Just goes to show how little you know of the IRB.

France have 10 days rest before they play Ireland. Terrible slip up by Ireland (the Governors) to allow France so much preparation time  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Munchkin on Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:27 pm

After next week England get four years rest. Its not fair.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:28 pm

Munchkin wrote:

"The hosts and the governers taken care of."

France have 10 days rest before they play Ireland. Terrible slip up by Ireland (the Governors) to allow France so much preparation time  Rolling Eyes

Nobody is forcing you or anybody else to comment on this thread.

I, personally think it's an interesting table. Worth discussing. But yet gain, the Irish contingent continue to derail threads and play the man to force their agenda. Tragic but unsurprising in the world of Irish rugby I guess.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:29 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
After next week England get four years rest. Its not fair.

Don't even joke, laurie. Chunky will think you're being serious and post it as evidence of English control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:29 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

"The hosts and the governers taken care of."

Nobody is forcing you or anybody else to comment on this thread.

I, personally think it's an interesting table. Worth discussing. But yet gain, the Irish contingent continue to derail threads and play the man to force their agenda. Tragic but unsurprising  in the world of Irish rugby I guess.

You feeling ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:31 pm

Sincerely, I feel this is a topic that needs to be discussed. Shamefully, the usuals have gone and made that a tougher task. Hey ho.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:32 pm

Oh, I'm sure you are being sincere, which just goes to prove you are as mad as a brush.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:36 pm

I guess sane people will judge.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:38 pm

Yes we have chunky - you re a pathetic racist troll and not wanted here. Your pathetic rantings embarrass all decent rugby supporters and your racism is simply nauseating. Please go away.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:45 pm

TJ wrote:Yes we have chunky - you re a pathetic racist troll and not wanted here.  Your pathetic rantings embarrass all decent rugby supporters and your racism is simply nauseating.  Please go away.

Screenshotted.

Cheers.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:53 pm

Who are the "governers"?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:55 pm

Please don't feed the troll. If we ignore him he might just go away. He is an utter disgrace - why he is not banned I don't know.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:56 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Who are the "governers"?

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/contact-us

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sat 03 Oct 2015, 11:57 pm

TJ wrote:Please don't feed the troll.  If we ignore him he might just go away.  He is an utter disgrace - why he is not banned I don't know.

I'm no genius. Clearly. But maybe one way would be, like, to not, ever reply to a topic that you don't approve of?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:09 am

I don't know who created the table, but it's pretty poor in data in that it adds nothing to what is already known and discussed.

A far better analysis would be to look at which team was pitted against which team in between short turnarounds - that's where any real inequity lies.

Did Wales only get a short turnaround between playing Australia and England? No.

NZ had their only tough game put at the beginning of their schedule.

Japan got sandwiched between South Africa and Scotland.

But this topic has already been covered here - https://www.606v2.com/t60716-4-day-turnaround

And a much better, more detailed table is already posted and discussed here - https://www.606v2.com/t60678-world-cup-schedule-for-each-team

So maybe you should just delete this one and comment in the ones that already exist for discussing the topic?

Is that reasonable?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:22 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Who are the "governers"?

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/contact-us

After all your google searches, that's the best you can come up with? An address?

Aye, you're right, Chunky. You're no genius o0

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:58 am

I met Stephen Ferris, Peter Stringer and Shane Horgan at a Q & A event today in London, mighty lads. Must admit I was a bit starstruck by Ferris, always been a huge fan, he came across as a properly sound man.

I had met Stringer once before when he was at a full moon party in the south islands of Thailand in 2008 (probably on the way back from the tour in 2008). I asked his mate to take a picture of me and him. I must not have had my glasses on, because the mate was Jamie Heaslip, but despite his presumably dented pride, he still took a great picture.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 04 Oct 2015, 1:18 am

I won't feel the plan has worked until we raise the Webb Ellis over our heads and fill it with Guinness and we all wear our Pro12 Provincial jerseys to the homecoming!!!!!!.

We even bumped off the 'hosts' whilst telling them the plan was for the both of us!!!! Laugh Laugh

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 7:16 am

OK my good chunky man, if as you so sincerely state this post was in good faith could you explain the "governors and hosts " sentence?

Is that you alluding to a underhanded planning by one or two within the world governing body?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 04 Oct 2015, 7:37 am

This thread may well be a WUM,BUT it is a very valid point the turnaround for some
teams.As opposed to others has been very badly thought out and handled with the
money involved.
Whats a few more days or a week to the IRB,EVERY side should be treated equally
and in this one it hasn't happened.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sun 04 Oct 2015, 8:58 am

carpet baboon wrote:OK my good chunky man, if as you so sincerely state this post was in good faith could you explain the "governors and hosts " sentence?

Is that you alluding to a underhanded planning by one or two within the world governing body?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm alluding to. Everything's set up for Ireland to make the QF. They've even got their best mate Nigel 'Wens refereeing their hardest, most crucial fixture.One in which he has controversial history against the French. Only Ireland themselves can muck it up from here.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:19 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:OK my good chunky man, if as you so sincerely state this post was in good faith could you explain the "governors and hosts " sentence?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm alluding to. Everything's set up for Ireland to make the QF. They've even got their best mate Nigel 'Wens refereeing their hardest, most crucial fixture.One in which he has controversial history against the French. Only Ireland themselves can muck it up from here.

Everything is set up for Ireland to make the QF???

You mean like they have done for most of the previous world cups?

Who in your view would be the other qualifier besides France in their group that has been disadvantaged by the scheduling?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:37 am

Presumably the 'Governors' are World Rugby? Since they are greedy for money it is hardly surprising that they schedule the biggest draws for the weekends, the last two Saturday evenings being good examples.

Regarding team turnarounds it is always going to be patently unfair on 'smaller' teams, because they don't have the depth to put out two equally good sides so fatigue is definitely a factor. The only real solution though is to reduce the finals to 16 teams allowing the same 1 week turnarounds for everyone, but that doesn't suit TV so the love of money by World Rugby is at the root of the inequality.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:43 am

Pot Hale wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

Who in your view would be the other qualifier besides France in their group that has been disadvantaged by the scheduling?

Clearly, I mean topping the group to get the easier of the 2 QFs.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:44 am

...oops sorry I thought this was a serious thread, but I see it's an another episode of the conspirates of the aulsheebeen sailed by Fox Mulder... carry on.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:09 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

Clearly, I mean topping the group to get the easier of the 2 QFs.

OK now we are clear. Could you provide the facts to prove this theory?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:13 am

Please don't feed this racist troll. Ignore him if the mods won't ban him. He thrives on the attention and discord he sews.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:15 am

I know but I'm bored and the game dosent ko for 5 hours

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:30 am

It's simple. France get 10 days between their last match and the Ireland game (whereas we get 7) to help us get the easier quarter final. Its a clear conspiracy

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:37 am

Chunky of course forgets the leg-up of two neat Home pool games in someone else's World Cup.  
Nice.  Glad that Irish World Rugby (IWR) did the WRU a favour in that one Wink

And had WRU had their full way, the Wales v Australia game would have happened in Wales too........... Shocked  
Some Nations do indeed seem more equal than others.  Chunky is right.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:45 am

ME-109 wrote:It's simple. France get 10 days between their last match and the Ireland game (whereas we get 7) to help us get the easier quarter final. Its a clear conspiracy

Oh come on you can't actually use real facts in this argument. Chunky does not allow it

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:50 am

It's also an IWR conspiracy that Wales found themselves in their pool with two other Giants of the game. It wasn't their fault that they weren't a Giant of the game when the pools were being organised. That was also a plot by IWR at the time to have them a lower rank than they wanted to be.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:52 am

SecretFly wrote:It's also an IWR conspiracy that Wales found themselves in their pool with two other Giants of the game.  It wasn't their fault that they weren't a Giant of the game when the pools were being organised.  That was also a plot by IWR at the time to have them a lower rank than they wanted to be.

This is actually true. I was at the meeting. We quaffed on the tears of welsh male choir.
Good times. Good times

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:15 pm

SecretFly wrote:Chunky of course forgets the leg-up of two neat Home pool games in someone else's World Cup.  

And had WRU had their full way, the Wales v Australia game would have happened in Wales too........... Shocked  
Fly you'll be very disapointed then when Ireland win the right to their next WC, and there will again be fixtures in Wales, this was very eloquently put by the CEO of the team running the 1999 RWC, Paul Thorburn was on the BBC Wales news programme on the evening of the start of this years tournament, and he said Vernon Pugh had negotiated with ALL countries that shared fixtures in that WC that when NEXT they were the main holders of that tournament they would share fixtures with Wales, that is why we had fixtures with both France and England and it would also apply to both Ireland and Scotland when they next had the main control.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:26 pm

Wow Chunky you sure do know how to get under some people's skin. And by doing so little, I can admire you for that Very Happy.

Before this tournament I was convinced French ref's would see England through to top of the pool. I was clearly wrong about that. #Conspiracies.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:36 pm

wayne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Chunky of course forgets the leg-up of two neat Home pool games in someone else's World Cup.  

Fly you'll be very disapointed then when Ireland win the right to their next WC, and there will again be fixtures in Wales, this was very eloquently put by the CEO of the team running the 1999 RWC, Paul Thorburn was on the BBC Wales news programme on the evening of the start of this years tournament, and he said Vernon Pugh had negotiated with ALL countries that shared fixtures in that WC that when NEXT they were the main holders of that tournament they would share fixtures with Wales, that is why we had fixtures with both France and England and it would also apply to both Ireland and Scotland when they next had the main control.

Oh I heard about that one, wayne - and a strange agreement it is, considering that Wales don't seem to have enough stadiums of their own to ever go for a single shot at the WC - and in getting the 1999 one, the others were simply chipping in with their stadiums to make it viable for them.

So in a sense, Wales then thanked their close neighbours for the help-out by clapping a demand that they're then included in any successful single-shot bid by any of the others.
It's got Chunky written all over it, that agreement Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 12:48 pm

SecretFly wrote:
wayne wrote:

Oh I heard about that one, wayne - and a strange agreement it is, considering that Wales don't seem to have enough stadiums of their own to ever go for a single shot at the WC - and in getting the 1999 one, the others were simply chipping in with their stadiums to make it viable for them.

So in a sense, Wales then thanked their close neighbours for the help-out by clapping a demand that they're then included in any successful single-shot bid by any of the others.

Maybe one day we can. If the rumours are true Liberty stadium is being expanded. We also have traditional grounds we can utilise and rugby supporters might like that. Perhaps when awarded the hosting rights we can begin construction of a new 80,000 seater stadium. Not sure where we'd put it though, around Wrexham or other side of Cardiff?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 04 Oct 2015, 1:08 pm

Great for Wales if they do get the extra developments into the future Mikey.

But just on the 1999 bid - I'm sure most Welsh people would admit that the very bid itself was successful because of the venues added in the other Nations.  The presumed agreement seems to punish those that helped out to make the bid viable.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 04 Oct 2015, 1:27 pm

Either way, it's turned out to be a stroke of genius by the WRU... Were there any other grounds besides the Cardiff ones used back then?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 04 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:
wayne wrote:

Sorry Fly, nothing strange about it at all, just at that time we had decent and intelligent people at the helm of the WRU, Vernon Pugh IIRC was also chairman of the IRB around that time. We helped out our neighbours at the time financially and they would reciprocate further down the line, good business sense IMO.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 04 Oct 2015, 1:50 pm

Nah wayne
... your neighbours could have just said - 'try getting the WC on your own steam then if that's the condition attached to helping you out. It's your bid - go it alone then.'

But the neighbours were nice Hug and it's they who helped out. Some nice money of course - but it's they who turned Wale's dream of hosting into a reality.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next