The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millenium Stadium as a venue

+12
Steffan
Shifty
aucklandlaurie
LondonTiger
HammerofThunor
Gooseberry
bedfordwelsh
wales606
Notch
Scottrf
thebandwagonsociety
wrfc1980
16 posters

Go down

Millenium Stadium as a venue Empty Millenium Stadium as a venue

Post by wrfc1980 Fri 18 Sep 2015, 1:57 pm

Im surprised to see tickets available for almost every game held at the Millenium statium including Wales v Fiji. WHat with regional attendances being so low in the Pro 12 and Wales been unable to sell out the Millenium for the Autumn international games the past few years has the Welsh public fallen out of love of watching live rugby?

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Millenium Stadium as a venue Empty Re: Millenium Stadium as a venue

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 18 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm

standard of officiating possibly?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm

That's a shame, it's a fantastic venue.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 18 Sep 2015, 6:55 pm

I think the ticket prices need to be taken into account here. They are extremely expensive. That will not stop Englands games selling out, but it will affect the others.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 20 Sep 2015, 1:11 pm

Notch wrote:I think the ticket prices need to be taken into account here. They are extremely expensive. That will not stop Englands games selling out, but it will affect the others.

There are still tickets for England v Uruguay apparently,

I guess it is difficult to sell the expensive tickets for the some of the home nations pool games.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 20 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm

With tickets going at £115 for Fiji and £75 for Uruguay hardly surprising really.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Tue 22 Sep 2015, 9:16 am

Given the number of red shirts in Strensham services on Sunday night it appears a sizebale portion dont even live in Wales

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 27 Sep 2015, 5:31 pm

There were 13000 tickets left for Wales V Fiji last year. Given ticket prices I'm not surprised they haven't sold out his time.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:47 am

HammerofThunor wrote:There were 13000 tickets left for Wales V Fiji last year. Given ticket prices I'm not surprised they haven't sold out his time.

Bet there will be more tickets sold than for that 2014 AI though.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 3:15 pm

Gooseberry wrote:Given the number of red shirts in Strensham services on Sunday night it appears a sizebale portion dont even live in Wales

Doesn't that just suggest Welsh fans going home to Wales the day after the game?! A lot of North and Mid Walians would go via the M5/Worcester way I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:41 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:There were 13000 tickets left for Wales V Fiji last year. Given ticket prices I'm not surprised they haven't sold out his time.

Bet there will be more tickets sold than for that 2014 AI though.

10k more tickets sold for yesterdays game compared to 2014 - despite the prices. Lure of a WC I guess.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 03 Oct 2015, 8:37 am

I have noticed that the playing surface at Millenium stadium has vastly improved, why did it take so long?

And can some one straighten up that wall phone, in the half time camera shot looking out to the tunnel.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 03 Oct 2015, 9:11 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:I have noticed that the playing surface at Millenium stadium has vastly improved, why did it take so long?

It is a partially artificial pitch now
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 03 Oct 2015, 9:31 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:With tickets going at £115 for Fiji and £75 for Uruguay hardly surprising really.

I wouldnt even consider watching rugby at those prices. So many games are of poor standard these days and generally leave you frustrated. If you want to be píssed off there are far cheaper ways of doing it.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 03 Oct 2015, 9:41 am

Shifty wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:With tickets going at £115 for Fiji and £75 for Uruguay hardly surprising really.

I wouldnt even consider watching rugby at those prices.  So many games are of poor standard these days and generally leave you frustrated.  If you want to be píssed off there are far cheaper ways of doing it.

I managed to get a £50 ticket for the Ireland v Canada game and Wales v Fiji game in the end so was happy with that and my Wales Uruguay was a freebie but prices are getting stupid and when you add on other expenses for the day it is pricing people out of the game.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 05 Oct 2015, 5:49 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:WHat with regional attendances being so low in the Pro 12 and Wales been unable to sell out the Millenium for the Autumn international games the past few years has the Welsh public fallen out of love of watching live rugby?
The "regional" games are a joke and I don't know anyone who attends them on a regular basis. This plus the fact unless you are a Cardiff, Newport, Swansea or Llanelli fan there really isn't much incentive to go although that being said I know quite a few Cardiff and Llanelli fans who no longer bother going to the games

The prices for the internationals are a disgrace especially when people are travelling into Cardiff on long pricey train journeys followed by food an drink etc. Cheaper just to stay at home or go down the local

What with the WRU trying to stop all its best players going to top teir leagues in England or France I doubt prices are going to change if not go up even more

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 07 Oct 2015, 6:17 am

Steffan wrote:
wrfc1980 wrote:WHat with regional attendances being so low in the Pro 12 and Wales been unable to sell out the Millenium for the Autumn international games the past few years has the Welsh public fallen out of love of watching live rugby?
The "regional" games are a joke and I don't know anyone who attends them on a regular basis. This plus the fact unless you are a Cardiff, Newport, Swansea or Llanelli fan there really isn't much incentive to go although that being said I know quite a few Cardiff and Llanelli fans who no longer bother going to the games

The prices for the internationals are a disgrace especially when people are travelling into Cardiff on long pricey train journeys followed by food an drink etc. Cheaper just to stay at home or go down the local

What with the WRU trying to stop all its best players going to top teir leagues in England or France I doubt prices are going to change if not go up even more

There are plenty who go to Regional games Steffan, yes not as many as all teams would like but there are plenty who go regularly and not just from the towns/cities you mention but around the area, certainly the Gwent area.

As for ticket prices well £50-£75 for me I think is reasonable, as for the prices of hotels and the state of transport to and from Cardiff well as much as I am no fan of the WRU even they can't be blamed for that. As for world cup ticket prices they weren't set by t he Union.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Oct 2015, 6:38 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Steffan wrote:

There are plenty who go to Regional games Steffan, yes not as many as all teams would like but there are plenty who go regularly and not just from the towns/cities you mention but around the area, certainly the Gwent area.

As for ticket prices well £50-£75 for me I think is reasonable, as for the prices of hotels and the state of transport to and from Cardiff well as much as I am no fan of the WRU even they can't be blamed for that.  As for world cup ticket prices they weren't set by t he Union.

I wouldn't have given him the time of day with his first part. Just regurgitated nonsense, easily disproved by a few supporters on here for a start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 09 Oct 2015, 6:53 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Steffan wrote:

As for ticket prices well £50-£75 for me I think is reasonable, as for the prices of hotels and the state of transport to and from Cardiff well as much as I am no fan of the WRU even they can't be blamed for that.  As for world cup ticket prices they weren't set by t he Union.

I wouldn't have given him the time of day with his first part. Just regurgitated pathetic attempts to point out errors in his spelling or grammar because acting like the English language gestapo is my only purpose in any debates with him
Fixed that for you thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Oct 2015, 7:04 pm

You can't debate with somebody as narrow minded as you, so your correction is another fib.

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 11 Oct 2015, 11:56 pm

I wonder if the All Blacks are looking forward to playing France as the MS. Payback or flashback?

This is the right thread, isn't it?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 13 Oct 2015, 12:51 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:I wonder if the All Blacks are looking forward to playing France as the MS. Payback or flashback?

This is the right thread, isn't it?

Payback for what? New Zealands issues were with a referee who only refereed one side, it had absolutely nothing to do with Millenium stadium or France for that matter. Since Wayne Barnes has not repeated that performance against any team that he has refereed since that game in 2007, then one can presume that he has seen the error of his ways and addressed his shortcomings.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:04 pm

The best stadium I've been to in terms of atmosphere when they have the roof on. A full capacity, its locality and cost effectiveness. The only problem is the pitch.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 19 Oct 2015, 5:54 pm

fa0019 wrote:The best stadium I've been to in terms of atmosphere when they have the roof on. A full capacity, its locality and cost effectiveness. The only problem is the pitch.

I think you are out of date the pitch is a new hybrid pitch, it is like Twickers, liberty and Murryfield.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 21 Oct 2015, 1:06 pm

The location of the Millenium is absolute perfection. You cannot ask more as a visiting fan tbh. That and Cardiff is a thriving city does make it one of the best stads in the world..
FYI..The San Francisco 49ers new stadium is in the santa clara area (silicon Valley)..a full 45 miles from downtown San Fran!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 24 Oct 2015, 10:26 pm

Agree, the MS is easily one of the best purpose built Rugby buildings in the world.  Coming in and being in Cardiff on match day is terrific.  A fantastic experience worth the trip.  

Leaving Cardiff sux the big willie.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down