The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Groves versus The Mayweather Team

+5
Hammersmith harrier
wheelchair1991
AdamT
ShahenshahG
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
9 posters

Go down

George Groves versus The Mayweather Team Empty George Groves versus The Mayweather Team

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Mon 07 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm

Really nicely written article on Groves visiting Floyd's gym. Would love to hear more stories like this as it must have happened many times over the years.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/george-groves-versus-the-mayweather-team/

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

George Groves versus The Mayweather Team Empty Re: George Groves versus The Mayweather Team

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 07 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm

Thanks mate. Really enjoyed that.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

George Groves versus The Mayweather Team Empty Re: George Groves versus The Mayweather Team

Post by AdamT Mon 07 Sep 2015, 7:08 pm

Me too. Would love to hear sparring stories on greats.

Apparently Ali was lazy when sparring. A young Holmes used to go on the attack and Ali was holding back.

Well Holmes got overconfident and claimed he was better than Ali. When Ali caught wind of this, he was supposed to really put it on Holmes on the next session.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 07 Sep 2015, 7:17 pm

AdamT wrote:Me too. Would love to hear sparring stories on greats.

Apparently Ali was lazy when sparring. A young Holmes used to go on the attack and Ali was holding back.

Well Holmes got overconfident and claimed he was better than Ali. When Ali caught wind of this, he was supposed to really put it on Holmes on the next session.

Ive heard that story about Ali and Holmes too

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 07 Sep 2015, 7:25 pm

That sums up J'Leon Love really doesn't, didn't even have the bottle to spar with Groves but sat back and watched a novice get embarrassed.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 07 Sep 2015, 7:47 pm

What weight is J'eon Hammer? Groves would likely beat the sh1t out of him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 07 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm

Supper Middle. Thought he was a middle.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 07 Sep 2015, 11:21 pm

Excellent read, really enjoyed that

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 08 Sep 2015, 1:12 pm

Cheers. That was a good read for a lunchtime.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 08 Sep 2015, 1:52 pm

It was an enjoyable read thanks. I'm not sure how the 'everyone gathered round to watch the unknown british chump get put in his place' passage ties in with 'i came down as quick as i could once i heard you were here george' line from the sparring partner. But hey, it makes for a better story.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 2:41 pm

Damnit.

Wanted to read that the ginger muppet was beating up some unknown sparring partner before the music suddenly changed to "Shoot to Thrill" by ACDC.... George standing there frozen to the spot as suddenly a smoke machine and enough pyrotechnics for a U2 concert light up the room. Dazzled he makes out the same faces he just previously saw when sparring but then suddenly he spots that unmistakable nose in the doorway across the gym with the shrieks of "Carl, caaaammm'aaaan Carl" soon following that drowned out the 156db sound system. In scenes reminiscent of WWF Froch then challenged him to a no holds barred "trench match" whereby the first to knock their opponent in to a freshly dug trench outside won. Groves then papped himself and went home.

Didn't enjoy the read all that much. Just screams sensationalism of what was in reality a fringe contender beating up some unknown in front an empty gym.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Sep 2015, 2:43 pm

Lay off the meth Coxy!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:50 pm

AdamT wrote:Lay off the meth Coxy!!

We all have our vices to get through the day, coffee is probably just as bad for you

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm

Yeah more of a tea drinker myself these days!

too much caffeine makes me even more of a crabit c.nt!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down