The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+39
socal1976
hampo17
JamesLincs
Crimey
Corporalhumblebucket
gw
Mat
owen10ozzy
sportform
wheelchair1991
Jermaine2015
Atila
nadeem2099
Lowlandbrit
westisbest
Ent
It Must Be Love
kingraf
guildfordbat
compelling and rich
CFCNick
wadey101
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Liam
Hammersmith harrier
Alistair
Trebs
Hero
LivinginItaly
Steffan
Good Golly I'm Olly
lfc91
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
FIFA Diva
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
Fernando
43 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sun 23 Aug 2015, 4:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Galloway off for Browning due to injury

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by GSC Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:23 pm

I'd take Sterling over Coutinho anyday.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:25 pm

I'd call Countinho a fair weather player really, will produce the occasional piece of magic but is otherwise quite ineffective whereas Sterling constantly tests defences.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:27 pm

Paying £49m for Sterling was overpriced, but he has the potential to be that world class player whereas Coutinho doesn't. 

I agree with HH's summation of the two personally.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:35 pm

I thought Coutinho was going to be player of the season?!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:47 pm

Olly wrote:Paying £49m for Sterling was overpriced, but he has the potential to be that world class player whereas Coutinho doesn't.

In your expert opinion. How on earth you can big up the 'potential' of Sterling & then disregard the potential of the 'just' turned 23, Coutinho. Sterling's game is about pace, he has no other attribute that frightens a defence & will never be a natural finisher to become world class. Coutinho will also unlikely be world class, however, he is technically superior to Sterling, superior passer of the ball, can actually strike a ball properly & has been playing to a level above Sterling already this season & even last season. I get the Coutinho hate from you & GSC, but do we have to hear it regurgitated on every post?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:48 pm

The biggest problems with using stats in this debate is the fact we can all agree Coutinho had a better season than Di Maria but the stats don't support such an opinion.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:52 pm

John wrote:
Olly wrote:Paying £49m for Sterling was overpriced, but he has the potential to be that world class player whereas Coutinho doesn't.

In your expert opinion. How on earth you can big up the 'potential' of Sterling & then disregard the potential of the 'just' turned 23, Coutinho. Sterling's game is about pace, he has no other attribute that frightens a defence & will never be a natural finisher to become world class. Coutinho will also unlikely be world class, however, he is technically superior to Sterling, superior passer of the ball, can actually strike a ball properly & has been playing to a level above Sterling already this season & even last season. I get the Coutinho hate from you & GSC, but do we have to hear it regurgitated on every post?

I don't hate Coutinho - he's a perfectly fine player. He's just not as good in my eyes as people (mainly the media) make out.

We disagree about sterling evidently.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:04 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The biggest problems with using stats in this debate is the fact we can all agree Coutinho had a better season than Di Maria but the stats don't support such an opinion.

And of course, in this day and age, statistics are everything.

It is very much a needs must situation. Coutinho for me though wouldn't be anywhere near the Chelsea side.

Oscar, Hazard, Pedro, Fabregas - All superior players to Coutinho.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:19 am

Not sure Oscar or Fabregas are any more. Its coming to the stage now where I feel Fabregas is more a problem for Chelsea than a positive.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:32 am

On that note, how would everyone rank the following attacking trios (behind the striker) in the Premier League:

Ramsey---Ozil---Sanchez
Pedro---Oscar---Hazard
Mata---Januzaj---Depay
Navas---Silva---Sterling
Ibe---Coutinho---Firmino
Lamela---Eriksen---Chadli

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:35 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Not sure Oscar or Fabregas are any more. Its coming to the stage now where I feel Fabregas is more a problem for Chelsea than a positive.

Statistically, which is what matters of course, Fab is still better than Coutinho. I think his game has deteriorated since Matic returned and Jose went defensive again.

Ramsey---Ozil---Sanchez
Navas---Silva---Sterling
Pedro---Oscar---Hazard
Mata---Januzaj---Depay
Ibe---Coutinho---Firmino
Lamela---Eriksen---Chadli

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:37 am

Pedro---Oscar---Hazard
Navas---Silva---Sterling
Ramsey---Ozil---Sanchez
Mata---Januzaj---Depay
Ibe---Coutinho---Firmino
Lamela---Eriksen---Chadli.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:46 am

Alistair wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Not sure Oscar or Fabregas are any more. Its coming to the stage now where I feel Fabregas is more a problem for Chelsea than a positive.

Statistically, which is what matters of course, Fab is still better than Coutinho. I think his game has deteriorated since Matic returned and Jose went defensive again.

Its easier to have better statistics in the title winning side, but Fabregas was a footnote second half of the season, and is a player you'd target as a manager as he offers no discipline in midfield. Hes not the player Arsenal had.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:52 am

Pedro---Willian---Hazard
Navas---Silva---Sterling
Ramsey---Ozil---Sanchez
Mata---Januzaj---Depay
Ibe---Coutinho---Firmino
Lamela---Eriksen---Chadli.

I'm putting Willian into the Chelsea one to put them first. But its a really tough one. Navas is what lets City down, but hes important tactically to them as he has pace, works hard and stretches defences.

The United, Liverpool, Spurs ones are probably about level. Lallana is oddly ignored as a player on this site.

Januzaj, Ibe or Lamela for "worst" (could do with a better word) player on there? Shame for Eriksen as Id have him over Ozil, Januzaj, Depay, all of Liverpool's three, Navas.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:54 am

Eriksen's one I'm very surprised a bigger club hasn't been in for this summer.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:54 am

Shaqiri---Bojan---Afellay

Seems weird writing that down and knowing its Stoke's combination.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:56 am

Normally it'd be...

Hackit---Smashit---Lumpit

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:57 am

Hero wrote:Eriksen's one I'm very surprised a bigger club hasn't been in for this summer.

Im still a bit surprised it was Spurs who bought him in the end. Always seem destined for a better side. He was seen as a gamble, but he performed very well for Ajaz for a good period of time. Seems bonkers that hes still only 23.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 12:02 pm

Eriksen is a player I always hoped Liverpool would sign (before he ended up at Spurs), top quality.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 12:04 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Shaqiri---Bojan---Afellay

You think Stoke have a better three behind the striker than Newcastle? I'd say once we see the true potential of our new players, then our's could challenge or be better than Spurs, who are just Eriksen really.

Thauvin - Wijnaldum - Perez (we could even have Aarons, Perez, Sissoko & De Jong) We certainly have options.

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 12:31 pm

John wrote:

You think Stoke have a better three behind the striker than Newcastle? I'd say once we see the true potential of our new players, then our's could challenge or be better than Spurs, who are just Eriksen really.

Thauvin - Wijnaldum - Perez (we could even have Aarons, Perez, Sissoko & De Jong) We certainly have options.

I have a similar view on the named Liverpool trio, all three very young and I expect their collective and individual stock to have greatly risen come the end of the season. However, ranking as it stands, they only truely better the Spurs trio in my eyes.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 12:36 pm

John wrote:

Definitely. You're going all Crimey on us over Newcastle lately! I reserve the right to change my mind, but at the moment they are nothing more than hope rather than any concrete evidence.

Chadli is an odd one. Not the player he was signed to be, I'm sure they wanted him as a tricky wide player who had more in his locker than Lennon, but Chadli scores goals. If they get rid of Lamela as seems likely and bring in someone decent then they'll have a very good combination in there. Ifs and buts at the moment though, and hopefully thats how it remains.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 26 Aug 2015, 12:39 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
John wrote:

Definitely. You're going all Crimey on us over Newcastle lately! I reserve the right to change my mind, but at the moment they are nothing more than hope rather than any concrete evidence.

Chadli is an odd one. Not the player he was signed to be, I'm sure they wanted him as a tricky wide player who had more in his locker than Lennon, but Chadli scores goals. If they get rid of Lamela as seems likely and bring in someone decent then they'll have a very good combination in there. Ifs and buts at the moment though, and hopefully thats how it remains.

That Stoke 3 beats your 3 John. Swap Perez for Sissoko and i think you're a match, but both sets of 3 only have one proven performer.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 26 Aug 2015, 12:51 pm

Chadli is an under-rated player I feel. I do like the Tottenham trio, but Chelsea's has to be the best. I'd put Willian in over Oscar. They need someone a bit more defensive minded than Fabregas in that midfield though, he's a great player but effectively they're playing 4-1-4-1, which is fine, but the DM needs more support.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 26 Aug 2015, 1:04 pm

Personally I think Fabregas needs to be played in the 10 position. That way he isn't required to defend as much.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 26 Aug 2015, 2:40 pm

Duty281 wrote:Positionally very poor. Pace is suspect. Made numerous poor clearances, in both games I have seen him in. Hangs on to the ball for too long in some instances. Fails to get forward enough when his team are on the ball, unlike Clyne at the other end.

Not strange at all.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Infographic-gomez

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 3:27 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Positionally very poor. Pace is suspect. Made numerous poor clearances, in both games I have seen him in. Hangs on to the ball for too long in some instances. Fails to get forward enough when his team are on the ball, unlike Clyne at the other end.

Not strange at all.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 Infographic-gomez

None of that actually contradicts what I've said.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:22 pm

To be honest I stopped reading when you said his 'pace is supect' Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 4:40 pm

You stopped reading but still cared enough to respond?

How gracious.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 6:57 pm

The big guy is in line to return against either one of his former clubs Liverpool or the Toon.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 26 Aug 2015, 7:05 pm

No he's off to Spain!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/600628/West-Ham-Andy-Carroll-Sevilla-Arsenal-Transfer-News-Gossip

Route one is bound to make a comeback over there soon enough.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 26 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm

Thats an old, and still amusing to me, story I think. If i'm correct they've almost nailed down a deal for Llorente now. They obviously want a big man up top.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 10:43 am

Everybody is on the Giroud to score first, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 29 Aug 2015, 11:51 am

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 CNkgrktUAAAcVJ2

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 3 CNkgXYLW8AAaY1K

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

Good to see Theo and Oxlade starting - no Giroud is quite a surprise given his phenomenal scoring record against Newcastle.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 29 Aug 2015, 12:03 pm

I suspect John is delighted by his omission. Can't say we have a lack of pace today really Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by wadey101 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 12:03 pm

Is ozil injured?

wadey101

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 29 Aug 2015, 12:06 pm

He has a minor knee injury (last time they said that he was out til Xmas)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 12:51 pm

How is that a stamp? Laugh

BT commentators taking the p!ss, surely?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 1:02 pm

Never ever, ever a red. Game over now, well done ref

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 1:04 pm

How is that a red? Laugh

Marriner having a shocker. Missed a clear penalty; missed a clear yellow for a cynical challenge.

Atrocious officiating. The BT commentators rushing to defend him is just as bad.

Now he's given a yellow for an exact same offence that he didn't card previously. This is so sub-standard.

Last edited by Duty281 on Sat 29 Aug 2015, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 29 Aug 2015, 1:05 pm

It's like watching Barcelona. Every knock is a foul. Ridiculous.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 29 Aug 2015, 1:07 pm

yeah not a red that, going to be another the way newcastle are going though

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 29 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm

theo the centre forward Laugh Laugh Laugh

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 29 Aug 2015, 1:21 pm

Pathetic decision, getting a red card for going for the ball, joke.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 29 Aug 2015, 2:24 pm

Six academy players and Matt Jarvis on the bench for West Ham at Anfield today. Not through choice. Doubt our bench is gonna change the game today

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 2:37 pm

1-0 to the referee. An awful, one sided contest. Move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 3:34 pm

Skrtel  picard
Lovren  picard
Liverpool  picard
Stoke down to nine men  Laugh  picard

Last edited by John on Sat 29 Aug 2015, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 29 Aug 2015, 3:34 pm

So confused right now. Thankfully Stoke have gone back to the Pulis days to balance out the universe

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Aug 2015, 3:54 pm

Sounds like a mixture of Skrtel, Gomez and Lovren at fault for the goals.

Stoke having a bizarre match.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next