The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would you book BFG 2015?

+2
Dr Gregory House MD
talkingpoint
6 posters

Go down

How would you book BFG 2015?  Empty How would you book BFG 2015?

Post by talkingpoint Thu 20 Aug 2015, 2:55 am

BFG is only 2 months away and any booker worth their salt would be already thinking about the card. TNA have some potentially insurmountable problems booking BFG this year. I'll start with the main event and work down the card in reverse order.

Main Event: World Heavyweight Title Match

EC3 (c) vs. Galloway

As far as faces go there are only three real options - Lashley, Roode or Galloway. TNA need to decide whether EC3 would benefit from winning and keeping his streak - would they try and beat Bobby Roode's record for longest reigning champion? Or whether ending the streak at BFG is the best place to do it. With the amount of title matches they have on impact every week, a three month reign feels a lot longer than it actually is. For this reason, I think BFG is the best place to end EC3's streak. But, who would benefit most from taking the streak and becoming champion? Lashley would be the most natural pick for the fact that he was a dominant former world champion and is a legitimate MMA fighter. However, will he be available or will it clash with his MMA schedule? Then there's Roode. Roode is a former X2 world champ, though I do think his second run could have been longer and therefore does deserve a third title run. However, I don't think he would get much of a rub from going over EC3 as he's accomplished so much in TNA already. Therefore, I think Galloway is the guy to go over EC3. However, Galloway hasn't been in TNA a full year yet and is now in a feud with Eli Drake, something that could potentially be a good grudge match for BFG. That being said, I don't see them dragging out this rivalry for two months when there's nothing really at stake. I think Galloway needs to be booked as an uber baby face going into this match. His win needs to be a feel good moment.

TNA Tag Team Title Match:

The Wolves (c) vs. The Hardy's

This is where TNA have booked themselves into a corner. Other than the Hardy's there is literally no-one left in the Tag Team division. The Dirty Heels are no more as Aries has left TNA. The BDC are no more for MVP has left TNA. The Rising disbanded. The Revolution disbanded. The Bro Mans disbanded. They can't reunite Beer Money because Storm has left TNA. Unless TNA are going to turn BFG into an exhibition PPV again for a second year running and have it as an inter-promotional show with GFW, I can't see any other match up available, accept for the Hardy's. And because this is the only option available to them, there is no purpose to this match other than sheer necessity. This is where if I were TNA I would be desperately trying to get Bad Influence back.

X-Division Title Match:

Steel Asylum match

TNA have a few more options available to them for the X-Division match, there's DJ Z, Manik, Kenny King, Crazy Steve and Spud. For this reason and to create some spots, which the PPV will desperately need I think a Steel Asylum match would be a good gimmick match. I know this doesn't create any feud or storyline per sa, but I think the card needs at least one gimmick match, which we don't get every week on TV.

KnockOut's Title Match:

Ladder Match: Brooke (c) vs. Velvet Sky vs. Taryn Terrell

Undercard:

Roode vs. Lashley No. 1 contenders match

The Dollhouse vs. Gail Kim & Awesome Kong

Bram vs. EY hardcore match

I know Bram and EY are both heels, but they both have similar demented personas right now, which makes for a good 'who's the more extreme individual' type of rivalry. EY is playing the unhinged heel really well and I think their two characters would do a good job beating the living hell out of each other for the simple reason of bragging rights.

This isn't a perfect card by any means, but I have tried to just use what TNA have currently got. The amount of feuds open to TNA to actually book a card with any kind of build up is minimal. Their main event scene is rapidly shrinking. Their tag team division is practically non-existent at this point. There mid-card is tiny. The KnockOuts and the X-Division are in better shape, but still options are limited.

I'm sure if TNA wanted to they could put their entire roster onto this card given a few more gimmick matches to pad the card out. Literally the roster is small enough for everyone to be in a match at BFG!  picard

Anyway, are their any potential angles I've missed and other match ups that you can think of? How would you book BFG?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

How would you book BFG 2015?  Empty Re: How would you book BFG 2015?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 20 Aug 2015, 3:35 am

All joking aside I would have been 100% on board with Spud/EC3 II at BFG, Spud has been among TNAs top performers this year, if not the top performer, and is the best babyface in the company

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 20 Aug 2015, 9:16 am

The biggest match that I think will be on there will be a king of the mouintain match with GFW and TNA talent.

I think that you might see a tag team from GFW thrown in for a 3 way tag as well.

SPud will either be in a match with Roode or an X division (remember that?)

Dont see Bram vs EY (although that makes hardcore sense) but rather EY in GFW Kotm match. I would like to see Bram near a No1 contenders match or even winning the KotM match for TNA. Not sure where Taryn is (might have left?) but a mutli knockout match would be good - possibly over the top rope and have Lady Tapa (or whatever she is called in there too). By the way, I really liked Royal Red who is her manager last week.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 20 Aug 2015, 10:05 am

Is the GFW/TNA partnership going to actively last up until BFG? I didn't realize they had plans to continue this rivalry as far as BFG.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 20 Aug 2015, 1:46 pm

Think you've done a decent job with the card on, as you say, very limited resources, but I guess if TNA were happy to go Japanese with a previous PPV, it probably makes sense to them to make BFG an inter-promotional event with GFW.

Would also agree with Dr House that Spud needs to feature somewhere, as he's been one of the few consistently good performers (in and out of the ring) in recent times. Think an X Division match would suit hm better than another crack at EC3...he really isn't credible heavyweight material IMO.

I guess they can continue this "invasion" angle as long as they both feel they're getting something from it. Only real problem will be if and when other titles, besides the KOTM belt, go over to GFW. Won't do TNA any favours, unless its part of a longer game plan where they ultimately reclaim them.

Then again 2 months is a long time in pro wrestling, lots of stuff can and proabably will happen between now and BFG. More talent could come in (or leave), the partnership with GFW could break up and they could end up doing BFG with ROH! Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 21 Aug 2015, 1:26 am

The current impact tapings go up to September 16. There are no announcements on the website yet about any new TV tapings. So at this point, TNA will have been off air for over two weeks before BFG. That's concerning. Not only is there no new TV tapings, but they also have the road to BFG tour, which starts September 17 and goes through to BFG. So unless they can tape before Sept 16, there will be no time to film afterwards. They also have a few tour dates scheduled for after BFG and at the end of October. When they first announced the tour dates I thought this was as well as the TV tapings. But, it looks like their tour dates are all they have.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 25 Aug 2015, 2:24 am

Still no new TV taping dates announced. Does this mean DA has really cancelled their deal with TNA? I would not be surprised if this ended up being another exhibition show with GFW, as TNA won't be on TV before or after BFG.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by aac101 Tue 25 Aug 2015, 8:38 pm

I personally hope that we get to see Spud win the Championship before TNA sinks. He and EC3 are the only reasons I watch anymore
aac101
aac101

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 26 Aug 2015, 11:06 am

#GradoforTNAChamp

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down