The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan - who's next then?

+12
Jermaine2015
catchweight
Derbymanc
milkyboy
DuransHorse
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
ShahenshahG
Rodney
Rowley
quentins_monkey
16 posters

Go down

Amir Khan - who's next then? Empty Amir Khan - who's next then?

Post by quentins_monkey Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm

As Khan has missed out on the Mayweather fight (again), and with it looking increasingly likely that Brook is going to be fighting Diego Chaves in his next fight, who would you like to see Khan fight next?

Personally, I would love to see him in a rematch with Garcia - see it as a 50/50 fight based on their last few performances... Thurman would also be a good choice but highly unlikely...

Anyone else you'd prefer to see?

Smile

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan - who's next then? Empty Re: Amir Khan - who's next then?

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Aug 2015, 3:55 pm

Needs to be a statement type of fight. Khan has been treading water for too long waiting for the call that did not come. Can forgive him to an extent because Mayweather is a hell of an opponent and opportunity. However he needs to get on with his career. Have said it before but he should get on the phone to Hearn. Don't care how far along Eddie is with negotations with Brook's next opponent, he would drop them in a heartbeat for Khan.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 07 Aug 2015, 4:41 pm

Garcia, Brook or Thurman for me as Jeff says - Khan treading water for far too long whilst Floyd/Haymon have lead him a merry dance. Have absolute no idea why his adviser isn't dragging him into Matchrooms office to get a deal with Brook thrashed out. Biggest payday/highly winnable in my opinion would have him a steady favourite and has an argument he is top dog - when Floyd finally hangs them up.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 07 Aug 2015, 6:13 pm

Might just be that Haymon is in the know that Mayweather isn't retiring but wants showtime/hbo to stump up even more bucks so keeping Khan there for another couple of fights tiding him over.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Aug 2015, 6:22 pm

The guy is like an ex girlfriend pleading on the sidelines while her boyfriend munches other meat..

Khan is to starting to look pitiful.....

Sign to fight Brook..He is in your league however much you want to believe he isn't.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 07 Aug 2015, 8:17 pm

Brook or Thurman because they have called him out more then once.

I have the feeling Khan has lost his hunger for boxing. Nowhere else to go for him but chase the big money retirement fight. No desire to prove himself against the current crop of fighters in his division and this is my main gripe with Khan.

Its a shame as he has very good boxing skills but it seems Floyd posed a low risk high reward fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 07 Aug 2015, 8:40 pm

Can agree with that mate. Seems to have lost that hunger from where I stand.

Has a good win over Devon....Collazo whilst tough....fighters in the top ten should be winning regardless.....

His next fight NEEDS to be a good name fighter like Garcia, Bradley, Brook, Thurman, Porter.....Maidana? (Not sure where he is these days?)

I honestly think he is one fight away from being majorly scrutinised and having his career severely damaged if he fights another fighter not up to scratch.

Brook got loads of stick and it looks like he is signed to fight Chaves who is a tough cookie and will put up a good test....Porter was also a good win.....

Khan needs to step the hell up at 147 now....no excuses...he is the talent....he now needs to exercise it.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Aug 2015, 11:05 pm

Khan is a name in a business with very few...While this Mayweather stuff is silly..

He doesn't need to do anything he doesn't want to.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:18 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan is a name in a business with very few...While this Mayweather stuff is silly..

He doesn't need to do anything he doesn't  want to.

I don't need to go into work each day and carry out the duties I am paid for but my employers EXPECT me to turn up each day and carry out the duties they pay me to do. Otherwise I will not be working for them.

Khan is expected to fight names that fans like myself want to see him fight because we are the ones who PAY to watch.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:30 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Brook or Thurman because they have called him out more then once.

I have the feeling Khan has lost his hunger for boxing. Nowhere else to go for him but chase the big money retirement fight. No desire to prove himself against the current crop of fighters in his division and this is my main gripe with Khan.

Its a shame as he has very good boxing skills but it seems Floyd posed a low risk high reward fight.
But when he calls out Mayweather Floyd doesn't have to fight him. Incredible logic.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 08 Aug 2015, 2:41 pm

If it's not Brook then Garcia screems out for me. He's unbeaten but looked rubbish. He offers a highly paid opportunity for revenge in a very winnable fight. Brook is obviously the money fight but Garcia is the only real question mark on Khan's career regarding his 3 losses as he'd be heavy favourite against Peterson, most thought he won anyway even whilst Peterson was PEDing. Great fight as we'd probably be on the edge of our seat's even if Khan seemed to be comfortable for the first 11 and a half rounds.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 08 Aug 2015, 6:15 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan is a name in a business with very few...While this Mayweather stuff is silly..

He doesn't need to do anything he doesn't  want to.

I don't need to go into work each day and carry out the duties I am paid for but my employers EXPECT me to turn up each day and carry out the duties they pay me to do. Otherwise I will not be working for them.

Khan is expected to fight names that fans like myself want to see him fight because we are the ones who PAY to watch.

good point onetwo. If the toilets aren't cleaned better next week, your p45 will be in the post

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 08 Aug 2015, 7:51 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

The CIA can be extremely demanding like that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm

He's well qualified to join them....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:59 pm

Rowley wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

The CIA can be extremely demanding like that.

I would'nt joke about things like that Rowley...

its no joking matter what I do.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 09 Aug 2015, 10:27 am

Rolling Eyes

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Aug 2015, 12:47 pm

I dont believe Mayweather wil actually retire after Berto. I think its jus a stunt to ensure he gets top dollar thrown at him to make a comeback after a 12 month break.

Khan has probably missed the boat now at this stage though. Plenty of good fights in the division for him but Brook should now be top priority as it ticks every box.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sun 09 Aug 2015, 8:26 pm

Hopefully who ever Khan picks drills him and puts him out of his misery...

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Aug 2015, 9:23 pm

I expect the focus will shift towards a Khan v Brook fight in England for Summer 2016. Khan looks to be changing his stance on the fight now Mayweather is off the menu.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 09 Aug 2015, 9:26 pm

Khan vs Brook is huge at home. Probably still get interest in the USA as well. Garcia vs Thurman and the winners can meet.

Add Porter and maybe Maidana and there are some top fights. Guys need to forget Floyd. His last fight will be Pacquiao.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 09 Aug 2015, 9:42 pm

Yeah Khan is now talking brook for summer 16. It's the only obvious time for that fight to maximise the promotion. The fight will ideally be in a football stadium (I'm not sure it sells Wembley), it'll be dependant on attracting football supports and needs some optimism that the weather will be good.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Mon 10 Aug 2015, 2:01 am

This may possibly be Mayweather's last fight, he'll be 39 come May 2016.

Can see Khan retiring, doesn't look like the motivation/ hunger is there anymore. Would like to see Brook- but most likely it will be someone around the top 10 -15 mark.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:30 am

If I was Khan i'd fight Bundrage for his IBF 154 pound title......Or Bradley for the WBo.....

Pick him to win both fights..

Whilst Bundrage is strong....He lacks hand speed and looks ordinary.......Like watching a poor man's Davey Moore.....Khan is taller with a bigger reach..

Winning a jr midd crown would certainly enhance his legacy............and give him lots of confidence for a move back down to welter..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:34 am

Bradley for WBO is unfinished business and a very winnable fight. If he beat Bradley then a fight to unify titles would be massive at Wembley.

If Khan believes he is the best, then he should really forget Floyd. If he were to beat Bradley,Brook and Thurman, then he would be a superstar after Floyd and Manny have gone.

If he fought Floyd, he would get a great pay day, for sure. However if he could beat the above guys, he would then be commanding huge purses of his own.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:48 am

Seeing Khans interview he is still talking about Mayweather - "if the Mayweather fight does happen" etc.

I think he's still holding out hope for after Mayweather-Berto.

With that in mind it'll be another light punching opponent. Would hope he is looking at the Brook fight in 2016, so would even be happy with an easier fight if that would happen.

Problem is Khans big mouth has backed him into a bit of a corner.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 11 Aug 2015, 8:39 am

Amir wants manny for the end of the year. Does that fight involve the same logistics as floyd v manny. Khan is haymon manny is top rank. Is Khan showtime? Manny is hbo.

If that is all the case, manny v Khan is improbable.

Porter wants thurman, that's a good fight. Both haymon guys, easily made.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Tue 11 Aug 2015, 9:41 am

Khan gets knocked out early by Manny IMO. There isn't the same money to be made from Khan v Manny so probably harder to make too.

Would like to see Porter v Thurman. Think Porter could go onto make Brooks win seem more impressive.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down