The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take time out and "Learn to breathe properly"

2 posters

Go down

Take time out and "Learn to breathe properly" Empty Take time out and "Learn to breathe properly"

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:12 am

When I get asked for advice by a newbie which being the approachable kind a guy I am:8) ...I do quite regularly. I always say do everything exercise slowly and learn to breathe properly whilst doing it....

People get so intense during a set they forget to breathe.........Or they sneak breaths at inopportune times further hampering the effort..

If you're benching 225 and gasping for breath after the fifth rep you ain't gonna beat your PB......

Best thing I ever did years ago............Was cut the weight down for a month and learn to breath in a rhythm..........and it didn't half make my lifting more efficient !!...........Inhale negative and exhale positive............So simple yet so many forget !!..

Get into the routine.............Take time out............What's a couple of weeks in the overall picture !!..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Take time out and "Learn to breathe properly" Empty Re: Take time out and "Learn to breathe properly"

Post by AdamT Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:16 am

Good article, some solid points!

I have learned to hold my breath for the first 2 or 3 reps while benching. It helps keep me tight, which is beneficial for my form and exploding while powerlifting.

Bodybuilders should definitely learn to breath correctly, same with any sport. You don't want to stop a set early because you are out of breath.

AdamT

Back to top Go down