The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale Of Triple G

4 posters

Go down

The Tale Of Triple G Empty The Tale Of Triple G

Post by hampo17 Mon 18 May 2015, 8:37 pm

By Clifford Fetus.

Boxing has seen many heavy handed knockout punchers come and go. For years many fans have gathered to see the next knockout artist continually deliver bodies to the canvas. Saturday night we saw the newest fan hero known has triple G, deliver once again another knockout of an unheralded opponent in Willie Monroe Jr.

How good is Triple G the hardcore fans seem to wonder. Well what we do know is Golovkin has a long distinguished amateur background.  He is so far undefeated has a pro with an excellent record of 33 and 0 with 30 of those wins coming by Knockout.  He seems to excel at cutting the ring off,  breaking fighters down with accurate hard punches,  is an excellent body puncher, has a great jab, seems to have an above average chin, shows a lot of poise, and seems to have a good boxing IQ.

In contrast their are a few negatives that makes us question the validity of triple G being publicized has the next great knockout artist. The 2 things that stand out the most is a slight defensive deficiency which is usually typical of an all offensive fighter that brings the fight to his opponent and his lack of a world class opponent. He does have very solid opponents beating the likes of Macklin, Geale, Murray and Rosado who aren’t pushovers at all and champion quality fighters.  But many are still waiting for him to face an elite fighter that will truly give him the stamp of approval.  

The hardcore community seems to want him to live up to a boast made by his trainer which states that he can beat anyone from 154 to 175. Primarily a future fight with Andre Ward possibly at 168 seems to be the fight that many people are asking for.  Another possible fight would be facing Canelo Alvarez who will possibly not be making 154 for too much longer. While his trainer seems to continually bring up Ward though, the focus seems to be at clearing the 160 division and possibly make big fights against smaller opponents like Cotto, Canelo, and even a possible super match up with Mayweather at a catchweight.

How Good is Triple G? Well we know he has the skills to pay the bills. But unfortunately like we have seen with the likes of Jeff Lacy,  Kelly Pavlik, and even Mike Tyson. Once you step up in class where the fighters have better chins, stamina, skill and boxing IQ,  No matter how great you looked beating lower class opponents, world class opponents will be the judge of how truly great Golovkin is.   So till this occurs saturdays fight just leaves us with the usual question “Is he really that good”. Only time will tell.

http://www.v2boxing.co.uk/?preview=false#!The-Tale-Of-Gennady-Golovkin/c1xmj/555a3c5e0cf2adc1ad3fbd0e

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Tale Of Triple G Empty Re: The Tale Of Triple G

Post by Steffan Mon 18 May 2015, 9:33 pm

A good article although I still think Triple H is better

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 18 May 2015, 10:43 pm

GGG has basically annialated all the middleweight division to make himself the no1 (by a country mile) contender to the lineal championship. But Cotto won't fight him unless he gets past geale and Canelo, I certainly wouldn't be backing that double. There is nothing really left for GGG at 160 in 2015, but I'm guessing he'll pick up at least two more 6 figure paydays for bowling over less than eligible fodder. Nice work if you can get it and certainly not an incentive to move to 175lb.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 18 May 2015, 10:51 pm

Good article. Hopefully he gets Canelo fight. If he wins that (imo he will) then perhaps move to super middle for a couple big fights before he retires.

If GGG can unify middle and somehow become the man at Super Middle, then no doubt he is a serious Atg.

I am a fan, though I'm a bit cautious on rating him too highly just yet. He is very exciting to watch and hopefully big fights will come soon.

I think they will these next 12 months.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down