The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regional A teams

+29
Welsh Magician
Fanster
Irish Londoner
Bluedragon
Shifty
Stone Motif
Luckless Pedestrian
XR
GavinDragon
dragon4life
Jimmy Moz
SecretFly
LordDowlais
glamorganalun
Welshmushroom
Jenifer McLadyboy
Pyleboy65
doctor_grey
Steffan
The Saint
offload
Coleman
wayne
Chunky Norwich
ScarletSpiderman
munkian
bedfordwelsh
Cardiff Dave
doctornickolas
33 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Regional A teams - Page 9 Empty Regional A teams

Post by doctornickolas Tue May 12 2015, 23:04

First topic message reminder :

http://www.ponty.net/ponty-rugby-ltd-statement0?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

It looks like the superclubs have now hijacked the B&I Cup for themselves now that the LV is over.

Richard Holland is about as slimy as you get. Look at the email he sent. What a tool.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Regional A teams - Page 9 Empty Re: Regional A teams

Post by The Saint Thu Jun 18 2015, 17:37

LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:He's even said that rubbish before. LD surely you get tired of regurgitating the same drivel every day? Forget a day off, take a sabbatical.

wayhay, the monkey has come to insult me as well now, I am enjoying you and your organ grinder on here, what a team the pair of you make, following me around threads and accusing me of saying things I have not said, you two are adorable. Very Happy

Well done LD, more child-like comments followed up by the usual regurgitation; you've used the organ grinder line a few times already today, try to be more witty. The rubbish you come out with is there for all the more intelligent people to read (and compared to you that's just about every other poster on this forum). You must be on a WUM and it's not a very good one. The only thing you'll achieve is having less people take you seriously, until the point not a single poster does. So please continue. I'm finished with this, I'll only end up sounding like you soon after having to repeat myself over and over.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jun 18 2015, 17:37

Bedford, fair play to you, your are a fan who sees Dragons as Gwent Dragons, and to be fair Dragons fans are not on the same level as the Blues fans when it comes to this issue, but can you understand why other fans will not support a team that not only has Newport in the name, but play in the same colours as Newport as well ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu Jun 18 2015, 17:53

LD,

Don't get me wrong I didn't support them from the off and a lot was down to the constant Newport chants you would get but that's not there now.

A lot still see the colours and Newport as main name as a put off and that's their choice but they do a hell of a lot of work within Gwent now and that's getting a lot of doubters on side
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18 2015, 21:53

LordDowlais wrote:Bedford, fair play to you, your are a fan who sees Dragons as Gwent Dragons, and to be fair Dragons fans are not on the same level as the Blues fans when it comes to this issue, but can you understand why other fans will not support a team that not only has Newport in the name, but play in the same colours as Newport as well ?

The colours are more Pontypool than Newport you doughnut!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu Jun 18 2015, 22:14

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Bedford, fair play to you, your are a fan who sees Dragons as Gwent Dragons, and to be fair Dragons fans are not on the same level as the Blues fans when it comes to this issue, but can you understand why other fans will not support a team that not only has Newport in the name, but play in the same colours as Newport as well ?

He'll forget that next week, thus continuing the pointless regurgitation cycle.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19 2015, 03:06

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Brilliant. Calling ourselves just Dragons is the key to success. Have a day off mun.

It's a start.

Classic. But according to you, it's no coincidence the two non place named regions you mentioned are above the two city named ones. So if we drop Newport next season we are made. Or you're contradicting yourself otherwise. Tell Stuart Davies your thoughts please. Help us out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19 2015, 03:10

The Saint wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:He's even said that rubbish before. LD surely you get tired of regurgitating the same drivel every day? Forget a day off, take a sabbatical.

wayhay, the monkey has come to insult me as well now, I am enjoying you and your organ grinder on here, what a team the pair of you make, following me around threads and accusing me of saying things I have not said, you two are adorable. Very Happy

Well done LD, more child-like comments followed up by the usual regurgitation; you've used the organ grinder line a few times already today, try to be more witty. The rubbish you come out with is there for all the more intelligent people to read (and compared to you that's just about every other poster on this forum). You must be on a WUM and it's not a very good one. The only thing you'll achieve is having less people take you seriously, until the point not a single poster does. So please continue. I'm finished with this, I'll only end up sounding like you soon after having to repeat myself over and over.

Very childish. Arrogant enough to think if two Welsh people post on a Welsh rugby topic, we are following him around. I guess it comes with the territory of calling yourself a Lord on here. As I said many correct him, though everybody else is wrong #dowlaislogic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19 2015, 03:13

YOU'RE by the way. Most Dragons supporters on here aren't Newport RFC related, yet you feel you have to tell us we are. Newport play in Black and AMBER hoops. I've yet to see Dragons do that, so where are the same colours?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19 2015, 03:14

Griff wrote:

He won't answer you. Doesn't suit his agenda unless you're another monkey to my organ grinder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jun 19 2015, 06:11

Risca Rev wrote:

YOU'RE by the way. Most Dragons supporters on here aren't Newport RFC related, yet you feel you have to tell us we are. Newport play in Black and AMBER hoops. I've yet to see Dragons do that, so where are the same colours?

Come on, Rev. The tiniest bit of amber piping on the Dragons shirt makes it virtually indistinguishable from the Newport RFC shirt.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Jun 19 2015, 10:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 19 2015, 08:42

Well I am glad the organ grinder was up until the wee small hours on here just trying to have a go at me, I saw a drawing on this forum the other day, with a bloke on a computer saying, "hang on love, I will come to bed in a minute, somebody is wrong on the internet" that is you in a nutshell.

I am sorry I kept you up all night, but seriously I am not that important for you to be on here at 3am in the morning for you to win the internet. I give in, the internet is yours, now please get some sleep. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jun 19 2015, 09:03

Anyone heard anymore on what has been decided regarding who will play in BIC?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 19 2015, 09:10

GavinDragon wrote:Anyone heard anymore on what has been decided regarding who will play in BIC?

I think they will go with the A team idea, which I think is best for the regions, the only thing is, I would like to see more A team fixtures, so that these kids can get used to playing together a bit more, for me the A teams should mirror how the senior teams play, both in tactics and structure, so that when the players are ready, they can slot straight into the senior side with minimum fuss.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:05

LordDowlais wrote:Well I am glad the organ grinder was up until the wee small hours on here just trying to have a go at me, I saw a drawing on this forum the other day, with a bloke on a computer saying, "hang on love, I will come to bed in a minute, somebody is wrong on the internet" that is you in a nutshell.

I am sorry I kept you up all night, but seriously I am not that important for you to be on here at 3am in the morning for you to win the internet. I give in, the internet is yours, now please get some sleep. Rolling Eyes

Pretty long winded way of admitting you're wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:19

Our home shirt is black and red - amber has been slowly phased out season by season, our away kit is blue

The Scarlet's play in Llanelli colours but that's fine because they definitely aren't Llanelli...

Kerddif Blues play in Kerdiff colours
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:22

I actually think our kit designs leave alot to be desired. The best one in recent seasons has been the Blue/Black kit.

I would like a black/red/amber hoop job a bit like croesyceiliog colours. Then green white and red for away

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:27

GavinDragon wrote:I actually think our kit designs leave alot to be desired. The best one in recent seasons has been the Blue/Black kit.

I would like a black/red/amber hoop job a bit like croesyceiliog colours. Then green white and red for away

My fave is an older black and amber one with red piping - purely cosmetic though as its a nice shirt.

I didn't bother with last seasons after the farcical delayed release
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:37

munkian wrote:Our home shirt is black and red - amber has been slowly phased out season by season, our away kit is blue

The Scarlet's play in Llanelli colours but that's fine because they definitely aren't Llanelli...

Cardiff are the worst of the lot.

Scarlets should change their kit, but at least they have dropped Llanelli off their title.

Look, the kit thing is neither here nor there, it is the fact that city names are still in the title of the side that is a bit of a bug bear for me, but I can live with that as well, but I can understand why others would not, sadly, some on here cannot see that point.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:39

munkian wrote:My fave is an older black and amber one with red piping - purely cosmetic though as its a nice shirt.

Yes it is, I own one of them, I also liked the fully gold/amber one, so guess what, I bought one of those as well.

Purely cosmetic though. king

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:41

Its only through the media that you hear the Dragons referee to as Newport Gwent, most fans I know refer to us as the Dragons and the coaches refer to us as Gwent or Gwent Dragons.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:42

Its only through the media that you hear the Dragons referee to as Newport Gwent, most fans I know refer to us as the Dragons and the coaches refer to us as Gwent or Gwent Dragons.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:44

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jun 19 2015, 11:54

BT Sport are the worst for it too! And Martyn Williams kept calling us Newport when commentating on the semi final against Edinburgh really gets my goat

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Jun 19 2015, 12:12

So is there going to eb an extra club cup competition for Premiership clbs or something? To make up the 30 games?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jun 19 2015, 12:16

Dragons BIC representatives to be a Premiership Select XV (Dragons Region)

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jun 19 2015, 12:17

Coached by prem coaches - not A teams or clubs - seems like we have another fudge on our hands

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jun 19 2015, 12:24

LordDowlais wrote:Look, the kit thing is neither here nor there, it is the fact that city names are still in the title of the side that is a bit of a bug bear for me, but I can live with that as well, but I can understand why others would not, sadly, some on here cannot see that point.

You've changed your tune.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19 2015, 12:34

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/13343183.Premiership_Select_XVs_set_to_be_rubber_stamped_for_the_BIC/?ref=twtrec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19 2015, 12:36

"They are set to play a group game at each of Eugene Cross Park, Pandy Park and Bridge Field and any knockout games at Rodney Parade.

It has been suggested that team could play in the old Monmouthshire colours – similar to the Dragons’ away jersey on 2013/14 – with players donning club socks."

Like and like.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Jun 19 2015, 12:37

LordDowlais wrote:
munkian wrote:Our home shirt is black and red - amber has been slowly phased out season by season, our away kit is blue

Scarlets should change their kit, but at least they have dropped Llanelli off their title.

Look, the kit thing is neither here nor there, it is the fact that city names are still in the title of the side that is a bit of a bug bear for me, but I can live with that as well, but I can understand why others would not, sadly, some on here cannot see that point.

Cracking idea. I mean the traditional Llanelli RFC colours were Scarlet home, and Navy away. And the Scarlets have a changed the shade of their jerseys to a more pink/orange red than a Scarlet, but to be honest it should be Scarlet after all that is our name. And as for away kits, we have had Yellow, Green, Brown, and Dark Grey in the last few seasons, so it is moved from the 'traditional' colours
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Fri Jun 19 2015, 12:48

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Cracking idea.  I mean the traditional Llanelli RFC colours were Scarlet home, and Navy away.  And the Scarlets have a changed the shade of their jerseys to a more pink/orange red than a Scarlet, but to be honest it should be Scarlet after all that is our name.  And as for away kits, we have had Yellow, Green, Brown, and Dark Grey in the last few seasons, so it is moved from the 'traditional' colours

Why are Cardiff worst of the lot?

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri Jun 19 2015, 12:55

Risca Rev wrote:"They are set to play a group game at each of Eugene Cross Park, Pandy Park and Bridge Field and any knockout games at Rodney Parade.

It has been suggested that team could play in the old Monmouthshire colours – similar to the Dragons’ away jersey on 2013/14 – with players donning club socks."

Like and like.

Agree Rev like that idea a lot, the old Monmouthshire colours were blue as you said similar to our away strip. In theory I like the idea of a premiership select side being used but the practicality of it maybe a bit different, if they are just chucked together before the game then like has been mentioned they are unlikely to be as competitive as say an Ebbw side that have played all season together.

However if the coaches are given time to work with the players and get to pick his side etc then it could work well. Hope they don't feel the need to implement a quota system either just so all clubs in the Region are represented, pick the best available end of.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jun 19 2015, 13:05

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:"They are set to play a group game at each of Eugene Cross Park, Pandy Park and Bridge Field and any knockout games at Rodney Parade.

Like and like.

Agree Rev like that idea a lot, the old Monmouthshire colours were blue as you said similar  to our away strip.  In theory I like the idea of a premiership select side being used but the practicality of it maybe a bit different, if they are just chucked together before the game then like has been mentioned they are unlikely to be as competitive as say an Ebbw side that have played all season together.

However if the coaches are given time to work with the players and get to pick his side etc then it could work well.  Hope they don't feel the need to implement a quota system either just so all clubs in the Region are represented, pick the best available end of.

yes all good in theory however in practice may be difficult to enough time together to be competitive.

Also think they could be called something a little more appealing.

Wonder who is putting up the cash for this teams infrastructure and equipment?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19 2015, 13:08

Yeah, I do worry how it'll run. I can't imagine there being quotas, but then who knows. It certainly should still be whoever is highest out of our regional teams, supplemented by a few quality players, as there has to be some form of continuity and they can't just be thrown together. Be interesting to see how they come up with moves etc (not that the senior Dragons team really has them either Wink)

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Jun 19 2015, 13:20

GavinDragon wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Like and like.

Agree Rev like that idea a lot, the old Monmouthshire colours were blue as you said similar  to our away strip.  In theory I like the idea of a premiership select side being used but the practicality of it maybe a bit different, if they are just chucked together before the game then like has been mentioned they are unlikely to be as competitive as say an Ebbw side that have played all season together.

However if the coaches are given time to work with the players and get to pick his side etc then it could work well.  Hope they don't feel the need to implement a quota system either just so all clubs in the Region are represented, pick the best available end of.

yes all good in theory however in practice may be difficult to enough time together to be competitive.

Also think they could be called something a little more appealing.

Wonder who is putting up the cash for this teams infrastructure and equipment?

The Dragons Regionals Select XV could have been called The Hatchlings, Scarlets version could have been Scarlets Bach (or The Crimson, with a slight colour change on the jersey) and the Ospreys could have been the Chicks.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jun 19 2015, 13:48

I think the teams will end up having nicknames bestowed upon them by fans

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Jun 19 2015, 14:25

GavinDragon wrote:I think the teams will end up having nicknames bestowed upon them by fans

Genuine nicknames, as opposed to enforced names. Sounds good to me.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri Jun 19 2015, 14:51

Whatever and whichever way it happens they won't please everyone.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Jun 19 2015, 14:54

Particularly when you have people (well an individual I suppose) moaning about kit colours and team names.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Jun 19 2015, 17:06

Fanster wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Cracking idea.  I mean the traditional Llanelli RFC colours were Scarlet home, and Navy away.  And the Scarlets have a changed the shade of their jerseys to a more pink/orange red than a Scarlet, but to be honest it should be Scarlet after all that is our name.  And as for away kits, we have had Yellow, Green, Brown, and Dark Grey in the last few seasons, so it is moved from the 'traditional' colours

Because they dont even pretend to be a 'reejun'

They were Cardiff RFC colours

They chant Keeeerdiff at games
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Jun 19 2015, 18:58

munkian wrote:
Fanster wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Because they dont even pretend to be a 'reejun'

They were Cardiff RFC colours

They chant Keeeerdiff at games

Cor blimey mister!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Jun 19 2015, 19:20

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:I think the teams will end up having nicknames bestowed upon them by fans

Genuine nicknames, as opposed to enforced names.  Sounds good to me.

The Rags then, maybe?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Jun 19 2015, 19:29

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Just like Cardiff Blues have done then as they now have a lighter shade of black in their kit.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Jun 19 2015, 19:48

Risca Rev wrote:

The thing is though Risca is that your team is officially known as NEWPORT Gwent Dragons yet the name Newport amongst you lot is frowned upon for some reason and I honestly do not understand why. It's confusing for outsiders too.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20 2015, 01:28

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

The thing is though Risca is that your team is officially known as NEWPORT Gwent Dragons yet the name Newport amongst you lot is frowned upon for some reason and I honestly do not understand why. It's confusing for outsiders too.

That's rather a moot point, as the name wasn't being discussed. The kit was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20 2015, 18:10

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

It's confusing because it does not make sense. It's like reeling off my home address. 'Newport, Gwent'. Newport is in Gwent. So which is it?! That's the confusion. They need to decide on one or the other, and I and pretty much everyone I've spoken to including people from Newport and people outside Newport, plus I think most on here, are ALL in agreement that it would be Gwent that we would choose out of the two. You don't get militant Newport RFC fans wanting the team to be called Newport because they never came across to regional rugby in the first place.

Newport Gwent seems a contradiction in terms to me. You don't hear people saying 'Bath Somerset RFC', or 'Leicester Leicestershire Tigers', or Exeter Devon Chiefs', or 'Dublin Leinster RFC' etc., etc. THAT'S the confusing bit about Newport Gwent for me. One or t'other - I choose Gwent.

The other confusion comes from having a Welsh Prem team of the same name. IMO you can't have both. So if they do decide that Newport RFC or Cardiff RFC will be the pro representatives in those areas then I cannot see how they can exist in the Welsh Premiership too. That would be farcical. So we drop the Newport (ideally) and have Gwent Dragons as the pro representative of Gwent with Newport RFC, with it's different players, coaches, kit, history, etc., etc. still existing in the Welsh Prem and feeding upwards by developing players and having pathways between the two, as will Cross Keys, Ebbw Vale and Bedwas. It's the same model as in NZ. And I quite like it.

(P.s. As a side note, the NZ model is equally as tricky as ours to decipher. None of your Irish-type pre-existing provinces to base them on. In NZ the lines are really blurred and infighting and restructure has seen the regional lines changed quite a bit over time with one of the most recent changes being Taranaki changing allegiances from Highlanders to Chiefs. I don't see why the same can't happen here with Ponty if a relationship cannot be established. Something tells me they wouldn't be happy with a different region though, but hey ho).

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Jun 21 2015, 16:27

Ponty want Ponty at the top tree of Welsh rugby nothing else is acceptable to them.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 22 2015, 12:36

bedfordwelsh wrote:Ponty want Ponty at the top tree of Welsh rugby nothing else is acceptable to them.
Not me. Why I would love from a personal point of view to see Ponty at the top I accept in the current rugby economic climate it would not work unless Ponty had some millionaire investor willing to part with their money. While I will always be a Ponty fan...give me a real region and I will support it. Just don't expect me to chant 'Kaaaaaidiff' down at the Arms Park

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jun 22 2015, 12:40

Steffan wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Ponty want Ponty at the top tree of Welsh rugby nothing else is acceptable to them.
Not me. Why I would love from a personal point of view to see Ponty at the top I accept in the current rugby economic climate it would not work unless Ponty had some millionaire investor willing to part with their money. While I will always be a Ponty fan...give me a real region and I will support it. Just don't expect me to chant 'Kaaaaaidiff' down at the Arms Park

Cardiff Blues do not even exist, they still operate under the name Cardiff RFC. Cardiff Blues are just a name they play under.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jun 22 2015, 12:49

I would love East Wales and West Wales regions playing out of Swansea and Cardiff but taking some games on the road. Back that up with regional 'A' teams and a strong Premiership of about 10 teams and I think domestic Welsh rugby would be awesome

This is just my opinion ofcourse and no doubt people will find flaws in this plan (or petty insults and grammar corrections in the case of one little troll) but this is what I think would be best for everyone

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next