The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LU Review - 6 May

Go down

LU Review - 6 May Empty LU Review - 6 May

Post by Prometheus Sat 09 May 2015, 2:17 pm

Son of Havoc & Angelico vs Mr Cisco & Cortez Castro
I don't know how much of a re-write LU had to do with Ivelisse's injury, but whatever they did they did very well.  This match made sense.  LU was in danger of Cueto's crew looking weak and this match turned that around.  But, what it also did so well was to tell the story that Havoc & Angelico, despite picking up the trios titles still aren't on the same page (great slap to the back tag) and that Ivelisse might be the glue / bitch that brings the two males together.  Great story.  And some of the action, like a spinning knee from Angelico looked great.  3.5*

Texano vs Daivari
Okay, this is not a match, but a set up.  Which I thought worked really well as the intro for Daivari.  I'd normally not bother scoring this, but I've got to give a * to Melissa's "Oh Sh1t!"

Puma & Hernandez vs King Cueno & Cage
Brian Cage has been letting me down recently after a sensational start.  I've been unsure about Hernandez.  So I was really interested in this.  I thought Hernandez was great, and after this I wondered why I'd been doubting him, his throw of Cueno outside was just amazing and then he flew!  Cage I thought stepped it up, the presses holding Puma vertically, the 619 (brilliantly called by commentary).  I need to see King Cueno vs Killshot that could be a stiff off the rails match.  Couldn't help wondering if Puma was a bit tired or stiff in this, he seemed a step off his usual (unmatchable pace).  ***

I don't think any wrestler, let alone any woman has been built up like Dragon Azteca's girl.  Last week's vignette was all kinds of awesome, this was pretty damn good too.

Alberto El Patron vs Johnny Mundo
When AEP came out wrestling in a T-shirt, I was kind of worried about his shape.  But man he's in shape!  And doesn't the crowd love him?!  And that is how you get an atmosphere in a small arena, LU loves these matches where half the crowd is cheering one wrestler and half the other.  Mundo was (as always) fantastic in this, AEP was the best I've seen him in years.  Catching Mundo in the ring apron and then the enzigiuri, brilliant!  The ring steps!  And what does AEP do to cover it, he launches himself!!  The only slight problem I had with this was the commentary foreshadowing that this match would end with a mistake.  I literally got out of my seat with the false End of the World finish. And then the arm-bar. I know I gush over LU, so treat this mark how you will but for a 15 minute TV match, I don't think it gets any better.  5*

Drago, Cueto's brother in the dungeon, some of the Aztec backstories and now Mil Muertes.  I can see in an age of realism in wrestling how some people might not like this kind of comic book stuff.  But I love it, what an ending!
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

LU Review - 6 May Empty Re: LU Review - 6 May

Post by Prometheus Thu 14 May 2015, 7:54 pm

13 May

Jack Evans makes his debut against AeroStar.  A couple of weeks ago there was a short debate on the board about whether Seth Rollins could do face moves and remain a heel.  Jack has a whole wardrobe of face moves, but heels it up hard between them.  The weakness of this match was that even for me, who loves the stunts and highlight reel moves, there was too much set up here and it took me out of the bout on several occasions.  So, I was going to give it 3 stars, but then there was the end.  Oh and what an end, Holy Poopie.  4*

Next up a 7 wrestler event for one of Cueto's medallions of eternity.  As with most mutli-competitor events it suffers at times from people having to be out of the ring, and I really felt that at the beginning.  But after about 5 minutes it goes crazy.  There is set piece after set piece after set piece.  For all its faults I absolutely loved this.  And the best bit was that at the end of the bout Killshot and King Cuerno were still fighting, they probably are still fighting.  4*

#1 contenders match between Hernandez and Alberto El Patron.  Okay, this is what it is, a set up for Johnny Mundo going heel.  I can't really give it more than 2*, but the AEP spot through the office window was good.  And how great was Cueto, a wrestler comes flying through his office window and he gets a whiskey, I'd not be surprised if he fines AEP for breaking it next week.  

And next week.  A broken leg ladder match!
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down