The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yours sincerely, Hopkins Fan

3 posters

Go down

Yours sincerely, Hopkins Fan Empty Re: Yours sincerely, Hopkins Fan

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 19 Apr 2015, 7:28 pm

Can we please stop this "Yours sincerely, a Hopkins fan" nonsense. Really adds nothing beyond personal wumming and its tiresome to deal with. Ta

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 19 Apr 2015, 7:41 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Can we please stop this "Yours sincerely, a Hopkins fan" nonsense. Really adds nothing beyond personal wumming and its tiresome to deal with. Ta

Deal with? Erm

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 19 Apr 2015, 7:49 pm

I have to read it, see the reactions, and then possibly warn you, edit or delete posts or move threads around that (conceivably) end up as just arguments.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 19 Apr 2015, 7:59 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I have to read it, see the reactions, and then possibly warn you, edit or delete posts or move threads around that (conceivably) end up as just arguments.

Tough life being a mod huh?!! I fail to see the problem with pointing out a poster contradicting themselves? What about modding the chuckle heads who hurl abuse and insults instead?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 19 Apr 2015, 8:17 pm

If I can just come in here for a sec, lads.

Haz, I don't think anyone even knows what contradiction you're talking about. How does Hammersmith saying he never found Hatton exciting mean he's contradicting himself just because he's a fan (or admirer, or appreciator or whatever the word is!) of Hopkins? Doesn't mean he finds Hopkins to be exciting as I'm sure he's already tried to explain to you plenty of times. But you're just debating the poster instead of what's being written.

That's what continually makes otherwise good debates on here go jubblies up.

Fact is, while nobody's got any issue with people having a bit of banter and ribbing on here (and of course now and then people can be too sensitive and take it too seriously) you've let it become more than that whenever a certain couple of posters are involved. It's as if you've decided as soon as you see they've posted something that you're going to just disagree and have a little dig no matter what's actually been written.

Maybe they are just playful digs, but when they're directed at the same one or two people and there's a torrent of them it gets a bit weary for all involved.

I don't like having to put the mod hat on at all and we definitely don't want to be handing out short bans etc so please, for everyone Haz, just tone it down in that respect a bit fella. Deal?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Yours sincerely, Hopkins Fan Empty Yours sincerely, Hopkins Fan

Post by hazharrison Sun 19 Apr 2015, 9:01 pm

88Chris05 wrote:If I can just come in here for a sec, lads.

Haz, I don't think anyone even knows what contradiction you're talking about. How does Hammersmith saying he never found Hatton exciting mean he's contradicting himself just because he's a fan (or admirer, or appreciator or whatever the word is!) of Hopkins? Doesn't mean he finds Hopkins to be exciting as I'm sure he's already tried to explain to you plenty of times. But you're just debating the poster instead of what's being written.

That's what continually makes otherwise good debates on here go jubblies up.

Fact is, while nobody's got any issue with people having a bit of banter and ribbing on here (and of course now and then people can be too sensitive and take it too seriously) you've let it become more than that whenever a certain couple of posters are involved. It's as if you've decided as soon as you see they've posted something that you're going to just disagree and have a little dig no matter what's actually been written.

Maybe they are just playful digs, but when they're directed at the same one or two people and there's a torrent of them it gets a bit weary for all involved.

I don't like having to put the mod hat on at all and we definitely don't want to be handing out short bans etc so please, for everyone Haz, just tone it down in that respect a bit fella. Deal?

No deal. When do you ever pull up the "certain couple of posters" you refer to when they are repeatedly abusive to other posters or when they derail these good debates you mention (I don't recall many of those that aren't stomped all over by the usual suspects at some point)? Hammersmith constantly admonishes other posters despite knowing precious little about what he spouts. That strikes me as trolling/bullying and so I enjoy introducing him to reality.

As for being deliberately contrary: not guilty. And with all respect, the threat of a short ban is a bit embarrassing. Hey if you'd prefer to laud it over these guys (who do, despite my distaste, uphold the general board predilection towards certain fighters) then you're welcome to it. I spend way too long going round in circles on the same subjects (606 is a real oddity in terms of the consensus opinions it holds) in any case.

If anyone wants to have a bit craic about boxing anytime then send me a DM and I'll hit you up on Twitter.

I know you have to respond to people's complaints so no hard feelings but you really should take a stance across the board. Responding just to those who complain leaves you looking woefully inconsistent and somewhat cack-handed.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down