The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014/15 Championship Thread

+16
cherriesfanBPL
LuvSports!
Mat
The Best in the World
owen10ozzy
TopoftheChops
dyrewolfe
Derbymanc
westisbest
Fernando
GSC
NickisBHAFC
Nico the gman
FootballLight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Dolphin Ziggler
20 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

2014/15 Championship Thread - Page 14 Empty 2014/15 Championship Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 7 Apr - 17:34

First topic message reminder :

Read an awful article on top 50 managers under 50. Katanga higher than Howe and Dyche, to name just two.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

2014/15 Championship Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: 2014/15 Championship Thread

Post by Fernando Mon 25 May - 22:52

Might aswell WBA will only be joining you soon anyway Ok! Bout time for their usual drop out the league for a season.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 25 May - 23:02

Hes a West Brom fan?

I already get my kicks winding up Azzy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 25 May - 23:34

I'm just amazed Olly is still commenting on here, if my side just won at Wembley id be passed out in London somewhere! Done well there Olly lad!

It was deserved by Norwich and then leaving and Preston going up means I finally get my own way!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 25 May - 23:36

Olly isn't commenting in here because he's too busy commenting on the Premier League thread. 

Shame Boro didn't go up, one of my mates was at the game today. To say he's gutted is an understatement.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 25 May - 23:54

As much as I'd love to be out in London at this moment, one has to be up at 6am for work tomorrow!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon 25 May - 23:54

Fernando wrote:Might aswell WBA will only be joining you soon anyway Ok! Bout time for their usual drop out the league for a season.

Six seasons in a row Nando, not really a usual drop anymore.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 26 May - 0:03

Mat wrote:
Fernando wrote:Might aswell WBA will only be joining you soon anyway Ok! Bout time for their usual drop out the league for a season.

Six seasons in a row Nando, not really a usual drop anymore.

100% Nodge will finish above you next season #CAMJAMCAMJAMCAMJAMCAMJAM
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 26 May - 0:06

His 4 goals will make a huge contribution

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 26 May - 0:09

Mat wrote:His 4 goals will make a huge contribution

He'll be in the England squad this time next year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 26 May - 0:09

(checks Jerome is actually English)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 26 May - 0:10

I'm not gonna sleep tonight I don't think
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 26 May - 13:23

Well congrats Olly and Norwich....your lads really did a number on us yesterday. Started like a train and caught us while we were still getting into the game (not that we ever really did).

First one was a gift, courtesy of Ayala's schoolboy defending. Second one was a good 'un but very disappointed none of our lot thought to try and close Redmond down before he took his shot.

Those two quick goals pretty much killed any impetus we had and meant Norwich could sit back and try to hit us on the break. Your midfield worked hard to break up any momentum we got going and when we did get into the penalty area we just looked completely inept.

The fact that Vossen's shot that hit the cross bar was as close as we came to scoring shows how poor we were. We weren't even a shadow of the team we were against Brentford...absolutely gutting that we failed to turn up in the biggest game of the season.

Anyway, just about over the disappointment now and looking ahead to next season. Best of luck in the Prem...if you can keep playing like that you shouldn't have too many worries.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 May - 13:56

Well done Norwich, wont have had an easier win all season, defended better than us, bossed the midfield, strikers and team wanted it more.

If plan A isn't working and your midfield is losing every 50/50 ball, your strikers can't be ar$$ed running and closing down defenders, then just stick with plan A and hope for divine intervention, or do what most managers do, put subs on and try and change the system at half time, not us though.

Bought Forshaw for £2million in January to warm the bench and sit at Wembley and watch Leadbitter,Tomlin and Clayton be totally ineffective.

Bamford looked either injured or a player who had just signed a 5 year contract at Chelsea, thank god Vossen's only on loan, doesn't score nearly enough goals for a striker.

Premiership support at Wembley, conference performance on the pitch, no excuses we were garbage.

Big games Bournemouth away, outplayed, non competitive performance

Watford away, outplayed non performance

Whipping boy's Fulham away, must win game, beaten.

Norwich at Wembley, out classed lethargic non competitive performance, the biggest game of the players careers.
Karanka has to take a good look at this squad, bottlers or not good enough one or the other simple as that.

Left Wembley before the final whistle should be gutted, I'm not, ANGRY,FUMING yes and some things I can't repeat on here or face a ban, the players should hang their heads in shame, at least they can have a nice holiday to mask their disappointment, OH dear I feel sorry for them.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 May - 14:23

Well done Norwich, wont have had an easier win all season, defended better than us, bossed the midfield, strikers and team wanted it more.

If plan A isn't working and your midfield is losing every 50/50 ball, your strikers can't be ar$$ed running and closing down defenders, then just stick with plan A and hope for divine intervention, or do what most managers do, put subs on and try and change the system at half time, not us though.

Bought Forshaw for £2million in January to warm the bench and sit at Wembley and watch Leadbitter,Tomlin and Clayton be totally ineffective.

Bamford looked either injured or a player who had just signed a 5 year contract at Chelsea, thank god Vossen's only on loan, doesn't score nearly enough goals for a striker.

Premiership support at Wembley, conference performance on the pitch, no excuses we were garbage.

Big games Bournemouth away, outplayed, non competitive performance

Watford away, outplayed non performance

Whipping boy's Fulham away, must win game, beaten.

Norwich at Wembley, out classed lethargic non competitive performance, the biggest game of the players careers.
Karanka has to take a good look at this squad, bottlers or not good enough one or the other simple as that.

Left Wembley before the final whistle should be gutted, I'm not, ANGRY,FUMING yes and some things I can't repeat on here or face a ban, the players should hang their heads in shame, at least they can have a nice holiday to mask their disappointment, OH dear I feel sorry for them.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 May - 14:27

Olly wrote:I'm not gonna sleep tonight I don't think
Well done Olly, good luck in the Premiership, well deserved.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 May - 14:40

Fernando wrote:Pretty much Laugh I worry for Boro when their loanees go just leaves them with Kike up top really.

Gary O'Neil on for Redmond

It's over and done with, Boro have bottled it barring a 15 min spell.
Don't worry about us, we have a multi million pound chairman who has bankrolled the club at a million pound a week over the last few years, £2mill paid for Forshaw in January transfer market, we'll  probably spend more money than you will.
We'll miss Vossens 9 goals in 40 games next season, good luck in the Premiership:laugh:

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 May - 15:16

Nico the gman wrote:
Fernando wrote:Pretty much Laugh I worry for Boro when their loanees go just leaves them with Kike up top really.

Don't worry about us, we have a multi million pound chairman who has bankrolled the club at a million pound a week over the last few years, £2mill paid for Forshaw in January transfer market, we'll  probably spend more money than you will.
We'll miss Vossens 9 goals in 40 games next season, good luck in the Premiership Laugh

You're going to need to spend the money fella with Kike up top only tbh im sure your find someone to buy, I can't see you spending more then Arsenal though if you did then probably need a better negotiator Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 May - 16:46

Fernando wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

We'll miss Vossens 9 goals in 40 games next season, good luck in the Premiership Laugh

You're going to need to spend the money fella with Kike up top only tbh im sure your find someone to buy, I can't see you spending more then Arsenal though if you did then probably need a better negotiator Laugh
You've been cheerleading Bournemouth for the last 3 months, or you're just a WUM, and a armchair Arsenal supporter, if  I hadn't bought a season ticket, I could have supported Chelsea or Man City from the comfort of my own home next season damn.

We have a few Man U  supporters in our pub, problem is I've been to Old Trafford more than they have Laugh

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 26 May - 17:02

Nico the gman wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

You've been cheerleading Bournemouth for the last 3 months, or you're just a WUM, and a armchair Arsenal supporter, if  I hadn't bought a season ticket, I could have supported Chelsea or Man City from the comfort of my own home next season damn.

We have a few Man U  supporters in our pub, problem is I've been to Old Trafford more than they have Laugh

I appreciate a good footballing side Nico (something Middlesbrough are far from) < Now that's wumming Laugh , Bournemouth played lovely stuff and went up in style Smile

I kept an eye on sides that people in my family support so West Ham/Wolves & Bournemouth (through relatives) , I don't support them like you do Boro but they will always be a preferred side if ever came down to a match or a promotion fight. Very Happy

I support Arsenal (And have been to the Emirates this year on the rare occasions i could afford a ticket) I don't have the money to buy a season ticket to The Emirates im pretty sure alot of Arsenal fans don't tbh very expensive. Hug

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 26 May - 17:27

Allow Nico a day to grieve, Nando!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 May - 17:34

Fernando wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

I appreciate a good footballing side Nico (something Middlesbrough are far from) < Now that's wumming Laugh , Bournemouth played lovely stuff and went up in style Smile

I kept an eye on sides that people in my family support so West Ham/Wolves & Bournemouth (through relatives) , I don't support them like you do Boro but they will always be a preferred side if ever came down to a match or a promotion fight. Very Happy

I support Arsenal (And have been to the Emirates this year on the rare occasions i could afford a ticket) I don't have the money to buy a season ticket to The Emirates im pretty sure alot of Arsenal fans don't tbh very expensive. Hug  
I agree Bournemouth were the best football side in the league by far, a poor footballing side though doesn't beat Norwich and Brentford 4-0,Ipswich 4-1,and play Derby off the field when both teams are 1st and 2nd, that's hardly grinding results out, must have played some football to put 14 past this lot.

I do sympathise with you with regard to the prices charged by some of these Premiership teams, my cousin and her husband are West ham supporters, cost them £58 for an away ticket at Man City scandalous.

We might get a few Norwich and Bournemouth players in the January sales, when the managers realise some of their players are still championship quality.

My season ticket card cost £397 when bought  early in April regardless of what division we were going to be in, 1st price rise in 10years.

Anyhow not falling out with you Fernando, we'll have the same craic next season its all good enjoyable banter.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 26 May - 17:47

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Allow Nico a day to grieve, Nando!
Cheers Dolphin, players in the local rag, we're gutted to have let the fans down, tell me about it.

One thing I didn't like 1000s of Boro fans on the grassy verge having a great time singing, great craic, Norwich team coach came past going in to Wembley, and was pounded by cans of lager hitting roof and windows could have been really dangerous, we were disgusted, you will always get a few idiots trying to spoil things.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 27 May - 12:43

Fernando wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

To be fair to Kike, he does usually work hard and makes the most of what service he gets. Hard to have that much of an impact when you're usually an 85th minute sub most of the season though.

Vossen's a better player than his goal tally would suggest and remember there was a fan campaign to bring him here in the first place!

Problem is, Bamford aside, I think we've suffered from Karanka's preference for playing a lone striker. The way we play we just don't give them enough support and so they're easy to mark out of the game. I'm still not quite sure how Bamford got as many as he did, considering.

Our midfield have helped a bit in the shape of Tomlin and Leadbitter, but ultimately we've suffered from not having enough regular goalscorers up front.

True we will need to spend a fair bit in the summer to cover our loanees going back, but we also need to change the way we play. If AK wants to stick with 1 up front, he is going to  have to drill  our midfield to get forward and support more. He also needs to understand the need for a Plan B and get the lads effectively playing at least 1 alternate system. Those have been our biggest failings this season.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 27 May - 15:15

dyrewolfe wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

To be fair to Kike, he does usually work hard and makes the most of what service he gets. Hard to have that much of an impact when you're usually an 85th minute sub most of the season though.

Vossen's a better player than his goal tally would suggest and remember there was a fan campaign to bring him here in the first place!

Problem is, Bamford aside, I think we've suffered from Karanka's preference for playing a lone striker. The way we play we just don't give them enough support and so they're easy to mark out of the game. I'm still not quite sure how Bamford got as many as he did, considering.

Our midfield have helped a bit in the shape of Tomlin and Leadbitter, but ultimately we've suffered from not having enough regular goalscorers up front.

True we will need to spend a fair bit in the summer to cover our loanees going back, but we also need to change the way we play. If AK wants to stick with 1 up front, he is going to  have to drill  our midfield to get forward and support more. He also needs to understand the need for a Plan B and get the lads effectively playing at least 1 alternate system. Those have been our biggest failings this season.
Totally agree dyrewolfe, strikers hunt in pairs, we had no plan B against Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich, our lack of creativity in these games was alarming.

Our midfield, Clayton is hard working but I'm not sure, tends to lose focus when its going against us hope he proves me totally wrong. Forshaw looks comfortable with the ball and was excellent when Leadbitter was banned, looks for the ball all the time, I like that in a player, couldn't understand why he didn't come on at Wembley, it couldn't have got any worse. Tomlin is very hit and miss, quite a few games I've had to check to see if he's on the pitch but we know he has undoubted skill, when he's good he's very good just needs consistency, Leadbitter had an excellent season,I don't need to say anymore.

Like you say, Vossen is a good player,he's played far too deep for me, needs to play further up the pitch, I hope Kike has a point to prove and does the business next season, he looked class early on, frustrating 1st season for him, Kike is a fans favourite as well.

Lack of goalscoring forwards has cost us, definitely should have brought in another striker in January, relied far too heavily on  Bamford, ask Fulham about Ross McCormicks availability,even Murphy at Ipswich, lets unsettle some of these strikers let them know we're interested in them, if other clubs aren't happy about poaching, tough.

I could not disagree dyrewolfe with any of the points that you make, absolutely spot on with your assessment.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 27 May - 15:30

Ask them about their 11m strikers availability?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 27 May - 15:51

GSC wrote:Ask them about their 11m strikers availability?
You think they'll still get £11mill for him, not on this planet, and still got to pay he's wages.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 27 May - 16:04

There's also no chance in hell they're going to take a big hit on an 11m signing after 6 months.

Blackburn still have Rhodes for the same reason
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 27 May - 16:23

GSC wrote:There's also no chance in hell they're going to take a big hit on an 11m signing after 6 months.

Blackburn still have Rhodes for the same reason
In hindsight your totally right we wouldn't be splashing that much cash in any case, but I feel Rhodes will be playing in Premiership next season, don't be surprised to see a transfer request go in.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 27 May - 16:37

Watford to replace Jokanovic with Flores, what an absolute disgrace, nowt like loyalty, contract talks broke down apparently, I suppose with only £100 mill plus from their promotion, they have to balance the books.

I can't wish a club like this any luck whatsoever, hope they come straight back down.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 27 May - 17:19

Apparently he wanted a massive pay rise
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 27 May - 17:30

GSC wrote:Apparently he wanted a massive pay rise
Deserves one GSC, don't know if this other manager has made he's wage demands yet they may be in for a shock.

God help them in the transfer market, class players wages and demands don't come cheap.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 28 May - 15:37

Who will do best out of the 3 promoted clubs, I feel it will be Norwich, I don't think they will be frightened to splash the cash, 1 season out of the Premiership, they should know where they went wrong.

Bournemouth played great football in the Championship, but the same style I think this could be their undoing, Mowbray tried it with West Brom when they went up and we know how that ended.

Watford will come straight back down, they'll try to stay up on the cheap like Burnley, and will pay the price, Deeney will struggle, big lad not that mobile, will be worked out easily by Premiership defenders.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 28 May - 16:32

Watford have spent decently for a while, their owners just spend the cash at other clubs and loan them/move them for free to skirt FFP
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 28 May - 17:26

GSC wrote:Watford have spent decently for a while, their owners just spend the cash at other clubs and loan them/move them for free to skirt FFP
If they've spent money I can't see it, record signing is Ellington £3.25 mill, few year ago that, most of their signings over the years have been loan signings.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 May - 17:30

Nico the gman wrote:
GSC wrote:Watford have spent decently for a while, their owners just spend the cash at other clubs and loan them/move them for free to skirt FFP
If they've spent money I can't see it, record signing is Ellington £3.25 mill, few year ago that, most of their signings over the years have been loan signings.

picard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 28 May - 18:01

John wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

picard
Misread it Mr Geordie, if they are loaned from another club regardless who owns the club they are not permanent Watford signings, if the player decides he doesn't want to stay at Watford, he won't put a transfer request in at Watford will he.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 28 May - 22:05

Its basically an extended farm system.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 29 May - 10:45

GSC wrote:Its basically an extended farm system.
Not something I like, prefer the player to sign direct, but different strokes.

I still think Watford will be fighting a relegation battle just don't fancy them.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 29 May - 12:48

Having seen Norwich play a few times this season, I think they'll be comfortably mid-table. They're already semi-Premier League quality. I think their attacking style will give quite a few teams a shock. They may struggle a bit towards the end of the season as opponents start to work them out, but I think they'll steer well clear of the relegation battle.

According to the Oneboro forum, they agreed to give Boro the full Wembley gate receipt money, since they were already getting the £120m promotion pot. If true, thats a great gesture!

Bournemouth were way too good for this league, but I can't help think they may struggle a bit...mainly down to their reduced income per match due to their small ground. They're going to have to manage their promotion kitty more carefully, which could mean a smaller, less capable squad. Hope they prove me wrong, as Eddie Howe and the lads have been a revelation this season.

Watford have been there and done it before fairly recently. Jokanovic's sacking has to be a concern though. As Nico said - nice way to reward the guy who helped the club get there in the first place! He certainly earned a pay rise (if not a "massive" one). A new manager usually means new backroom staff, new players and different playing styles...all of which take time to adjust to. For that reason alone I can see them struggling.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 29 May - 13:43

dyrewolfe wrote:Having seen Norwich play a few times this season, I think they'll be comfortably mid-table. They're already semi-Premier League quality. I think their attacking style will give quite a few teams a shock. They may struggle a bit towards the end of the season as opponents start to work them out, but I think they'll steer well clear of the relegation battle.

According to the Oneboro forum, they agreed to give Boro the full Wembley gate receipt money, since they were already getting the £120m promotion pot. If true, thats a great gesture!

Bournemouth were way too good for this league, but I can't help think they may struggle a bit...mainly down to their reduced income per match due to their small ground. They're going to have to manage their promotion kitty more carefully, which could mean a smaller, less capable squad. Hope they prove me wrong, as Eddie Howe and the lads have been a revelation this season.

Watford have been there and done it before fairly recently. Jokanovic's sacking has to be a concern though. As Nico said - nice way to reward the guy who helped the club get there in the first place! He certainly earned a pay rise (if not a "massive" one). A new manager usually means new backroom staff, new players and different playing styles...all of which take time to adjust to. For that reason alone I can see them struggling.
What a great gesture from Norwich dyrewolfe if that is true, I might even buy the wife Delia's next cook book.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 29 May - 15:51

Yeah the two clubs agreed beforehand that the loser would keep the Wembley money
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 31 May - 10:53

For Nico and any other Boro fans out there, this was posted on the Oneboro forum. A new twist on a very old meme.

Warning: does contain (lots of) swearing!

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 31 May - 14:31

What's happened to football light?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 31 May - 14:48

Hopefully its permanent
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sun 31 May - 18:41

dyrewolfe wrote:For Nico and any other Boro fans out there, this was posted on the Oneboro forum. A new twist on a very old meme.

Warning: does contain (lots of) swearing!

Absolute class Dyrewolfe, never a truer word spoken in jest, very  hard to disagree with the majority of it, it sounded like me speaking German Laugh

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 31 May - 18:58

Are we still doing the Hitler videos in 2015?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 1 Jun - 7:50

Paul Clement confirmed as new Derby head coach.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 1 Jun - 12:12

GSC wrote:Are we still doing the Hitler videos in 2015?

Come on, you had a chuckle...admit it! raspberry
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 1 Jun - 12:19

Clement seems a very hipster appointment.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 1 Jun - 15:23

Yeah happy to see Clement in the Championship, good platform for him to work there. Suspect Derby will challenge again. 

Brentford appointment is your classic case of could go one or two ways. As a football club they will be looking to build on there fantastic season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next