The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook: I'll Prove I'm An Elite Level Fighter

+16
Lance
John Bloody Wayne
Steffan
hazharrison
tunes666
Rodney
BoxingFan88
AlexHuckerby
WelshDevilRob
Hammersmith harrier
ONETWOFOREVER
Nico the gman
wheelchair1991
catchweight
mobilemaster8
hampo17
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brook: I'll Prove I'm An Elite Level Fighter Empty Brook: I'll Prove I'm An Elite Level Fighter

Post by hampo17 Fri 27 Mar 2015, 4:52 pm

Kell Brook says he’s ready to prove he’s an elite level fighter when he defends his IBF World Welterweight title against number one mandatory challenger Jo Jo Dan tomorrow night at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield, live on Sky Sports.

Brook is back in action following a rollercoaster ride in the last eight months, ripping the title from Shawn Porter in Los Angeles in August before a life-threatening attack on holiday in Spain just weeks later.
‘The Special One’ recovered from the attack and was told he would not only walk again but would be able to resume his career, and the Sheffield star has been on fire in the gym knowing that he’s back in the groove and at the top table of the lucrative Welterweight division.

“Every day has been a challenge but we have done it,” said Brook, who scaled 10st 5lbs 9oz at today’s weigh-in. “It's amazing for me to defend the World title in Sheffield, with Michael Buffer announcing me into the ring, I will be stood there knowing that I was meant to do this and I belong at the elite level.

“I've come along way, fighting on undercards and in leisure centres to packing out this Arena as a World champion. It took me a long time to get that belt and there is no way on earth that Jo Jo Dan is taking it off me, not a prayer. I am going in there to excite, you'll see flash and power. I've kept the fans waiting too long to fight again and I owe them a big performance. If Jo Jo does what he says he's going to do and bring the fight to me well, the fans are in for a treat because you know how I fight.

“He looks like a man that has come to win. He's the mandatory like I was against Porter and I took the title off him. It's every fighter's dream to challenge for a World title and to take it, so I know that he's put in 100 per cent in the gym and he will leave it all in the ring tomorrow night.

“I would never overlook Jo Jo. It's happened too many times in boxing that fighters are thinking about another fight and they lose the one in front of them. I am focused on him and I am making sure I take care of business. He'll bring his best and I will bring my best, and I'll show everyone why I am special, and I am looking to knock him out.

“Nothing can be done about these super fights unless I do the business on Saturday night. There's going to be power, speed, accuracy and World-class boxing from me.

“I hope Jo Jo Dan takes some nice memories back to Canada of Sheffield because that's all he's taking back with him.”

The challenger tipped the scales at 10st 6lbs 4oz and the Romanian-Canadian is confident he can upset the odds and take the title back to Montreal.

“I feel great and I am in the best shape of my life,” said Dan. “I cannot wait for tomorrow. The weigh-in is the first opponent to get past and now it's time for the big one.

“I know what Kell's strengths and weaknesses are and I'll show that in the ring. He was impressive against Porter but I am ready to adjust to whatever he can bring and I am ready for 12 hard rounds.

“Who doesn't want to fight Mayweather or Pacquiao for millions of dollars? Everybody. That's the reality, the money is amazing. But I am concentrating on Kell Brook. I will get booed, he will get cheered - I don't care about that, I'm so confident of winning that title.”

Brook and Dan top a huge night of action in Sheffield as local favourite Adam Etches defends his IBF International Middleweight title against Sergey Khomitsky and Gavin McDonnell continues his fairy tale story challenging Ukrainian Oleksandr Yegorov for the vacant European Super Bantamweight title.

Frankie Gavin makes his Sky Sports return as he prepares for his crunch clash with Chris van Heerden on May 9 in Birmingham. Stephen Smith and Kal Yafai continue their marches towards a World title and GB Podium squad member Charlie Edwards fights for the second time in the paid ranks on the bill.

Limited tickets are on sale priced £40, £60, £80, £100 and £150 available from the Motorpoint Arena on 0114 2565656 and atwww.motorpointarenasheffield.co.uk. VIP tickets at £250 are exclusively available from Matchroom Boxing atwww.matchroomboxing.com.

Running order (subject to change) and weights (where applicable)

5.30pm 4 x 3 mins Welterweight Contest
NADEEM SIDDIQUE v LASZLO FEKETE
(Bradford) (Hungary)

5.50pm 6 x 3 mins Super Featherweight Contest
JORDAN GILL v BARRINGTON BROWN
(Cambridge) (Radford)

6.15pm 6 x 3 mins Super Featherweight Contest
STEPHEN SMITH v JACEK WYLEZOL
(Liverpool) (Poland)

6.45pm 8 x 3 mins Flyweight Contest
KAL YAFAI (8st 2lbs) v CRISTOFER ROSALES (8st 1lbs)
(Birmingham) (Nicaragua)

FLOAT 4 x 2 mins Flyweight Contest
KYLE YOUSAF v STEFAN SLAVCHEV
(Sheffield) (Bulgaria)

LIVE ON SKY SPORTS 1 FROM 7.30pm
10 x 3 mins Welterweight Contest
FRANKIE GAVIN (10st 9lbs 4oz) v BOGDAN MITIC (10st 7lbs 2oz)
(Birmingham) (Serbia)
Followed by
12 x 3 mins Vacant European Super-Bantamweight Championship
GAVIN McDONNELL (8st 9lbs) v OLEKSANDR YEGOROV (8st 9lbs 7oz)
(Doncaster) (Ukraine)
Followed by
12 x 3 mins IBF International Middleweight Championship
ADAM ETCHES (11st 5lbs 6oz) v SERGEI KHOMITSKY (11st 5lbs 1oz)
(Sheffield) (Belarus)
Followed by
12 x 3 mins IBF World Welterweight Championship
KELL BROOK (10st 5lbs 9oz) v JO JO DAN (10st 6lbs 4oz)
(Sheffield) (Canada)

LIVE FLOAT 4 x 3 mins Flyweight Contest
CHARLIE EDWARDS (8st 6oz) v MIKHEIL SOLONINKINI (8st 2lbs 10oz)
(Epsom) (Georgia)

http://www.v2boxing.co.uk/#!Brook-Ill-Show-Im-An-Elite-Fighter/c1xmj/551589cd0cf21e26bab4e0d8

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brook: I'll Prove I'm An Elite Level Fighter Empty Re: Brook: I'll Prove I'm An Elite Level Fighter

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 12:22 am

Not sure how he shows he is an "elite" fighter by fighting this guy.

The only world ranked fighter he fought is Porter.

I think he loses to Khan, Pacman, Floyd, Thurman, Guerrero, Marquez and Bradley

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Brook: I'll Prove I'm An Elite Level Fighter Empty Re: Brook: I'll Prove I'm An Elite Level Fighter

Post by catchweight Sat 28 Mar 2015, 12:29 am

Is there a single fight on this card that isnt a foregone conculsion? Dreadful.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 12:30 am

Etches vs Khomitsky isn't a foregone conclusion.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 9:56 am

Looking forward to that one

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 28 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm

I can't understand the negativity with regard to Brook,he's won 99% of his fights convincingly without any drama's,lets be fair a lot thought Porter would be a bridge too far for Brook after the way Porter dismantled Malignaggi not the case though,and won the title away with the odds stacked against him.

Some are clouded by their dislike for the man rather than the fighter.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 28 Mar 2015, 2:16 pm

Nico the gman wrote:I can't understand the negativity with regard to Brook,he's won 99% of his fights convincingly without any drama's,lets be fair a lot thought Porter would be a bridge too far for Brook after the way Porter dismantled Malignaggi not the case though,and won the title away with the odds stacked against him.

Some are clouded by their dislike for the man rather than the fighter.

I agree

his performance against Porter was a seasoned pro performance. He employed the perfect style and tactics to handle the brawling style of Porter something Malignaggi could not do. Still to see the best of Brook but he has done well so far. Carson Jones was a blip but he came through and took the rematch and won so lets give Brook some credit.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 3:58 pm

I'd agree as well strongy but he has only fought 1 world ranked fighter and he has had over 32 bloody pro fights!!! He has struggled with Jones and was shook by senchenko briefly.

Unless he does what he did to porter against world fighters....now he is a world champ....then he gets destroyed by most!!

It's his first defence, and he fights Jo Jo Dan who has fought absolutely nobody at all apart from Aydin...and he lost twice to him!!

Brook stops this guy in 5....anything more than that and it's a bloody shambles....

Brook should be fighting top fighter like Thurman, JMM, Bradley, Khan, Maidana.....hell....if even prefer him in with Frankie Gavin compared to this fella.

I think I'm higher ranked......two fights ago he was fighting in the Holiday Inn!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 4:10 pm

Dan has earned his shot Mobile, it's a mandatory so he didn't get much say in who he fought this time. I'll be more judgemental about his first chosen opponent.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 28 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm

Still talking nonsense on this then MM8, you said Porter was going to destroy him and now Thurman or Khan destroy him. You set up every fight of his so you can be critical afterwards, on what basis should Jo Jo Dan be getting stopped in five? To then suggest it's a shambles if he doesn't shows uou to be an idiot of the highest order.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

No hammer I said I would be surprised but then at the same time it was a pick em fight and if brook fought to his potential he could win. I even stated after that his jab looked sharp and he was very composed in the victory.

What do I base Jo Jo Dan on? Look at his record mate then come back when you have woken up.

To say he is top 20 is a laughing stock let alone a bloody mandatory and that is a fact.

He beat the Canadian Bizier twice I believe but he got dropped in the one I watched and hurt and scraped a SD which was debatable.

IMO Jones was tougher....its a nice defence and hopefully Brook puts on a clinic shows he is too good and a class above and gets him out of there without being dragged into a war...because that would be laughable.

Hopefully he can then crack on to the big fights like Khan, Thurman etc.

And as I say, if he fights like he did against porter then he could cause problems at the highest level of course...if he goes into complacency or does not put the right effort in at that level, he could get embarrassed

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 28 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm

All absolute nonsense again, you genuinely can't hide your hatred and can't be objective at all. It's the same nonsense all the time, has to knock him out or its laughable blah blah blah, grow up, you're no boxing fan.

I am not your mate so do not refer to me with that word.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 28 Mar 2015, 7:10 pm

Brook spent too long arsing about in 2nd rate fights. It took him a decade to actually fight a top welterweight. Hes a good enough fighter but there hasnt been much to get excited about over his career so far. Needs to to start taking on some good fights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 28 Mar 2015, 7:14 pm

MM8, your actual prediction was that due to Brook being rubbish that Porter would wipe the floor with him or pound him all night.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 28 Mar 2015, 7:24 pm

Do actually agree with you on that Catchy, I can understand the delay in fighting for a title but there's no resson why he couldn't have fought and brat the Alexanders and Maidanas of the world.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 28 Mar 2015, 7:26 pm

Not the most even card that I've ever seen tbh.

Great to have Kell Brook fit and raring to go, after the knife incident. Should be a good fight and Jo Jo Dan is a worthy contender.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 8:03 pm

Awwwww touched a nerve hammer?

Jesus grow up lad. Moving on, Brook to stope JO JO early....Frankie Gavin seems to be making hard work of his fight here?

Was this a welter weight limit because im sure he weighed in at 149 or something?! Or is it catch weight?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm

I think he was 2lbs over but could be wrong don't remember this advertised as a catchweight

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 28 Mar 2015, 8:20 pm

I just don't rate Frankie Gavin at all, just doesn't seem to have it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 8:23 pm

5% landed lowest I've seen on stats

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 8:23 pm

I agree as a pro something always has been missing with him, i always thought also that Gavin was a light welter rather a welterweight

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm

Said Khomitsky vs Etches wasn't a foregone conclusion, big punch to end it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 10:09 pm

Wow great KO. Never seen etches fight before until today but having seen his record I knew it would be a bit of a banging slugging fight

Shame about the ending got caught with a peach but that's boxing I suppose

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:31 am

How on earth in a division with many notable names someone as poor as Jo Jo Dan can make mandatory status for one of the supposed major belts ? Just goes to show the world bodies are dreadfully organised , Dan didn't even look British level . Fair play to Brook did his job and for once agree with Hearn Its the best fight out there for Khan , have no idea what's in Amirs head or what his being advised.

Cheers , Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 29 Mar 2015, 1:19 pm

Doesnt look like Khan v Brook will happen this year

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 29 Mar 2015, 1:24 pm

Don't see much point in Hearn shouting about making the fight at the end of June Rodders, Ramadan is at the end of June this year so Khan will be observing that.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 29 Mar 2015, 1:28 pm

Khan said he will be out May again. Does that mean he could feature on the Mayweather/Pacquiao undercard? I hope so.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 29 Mar 2015, 3:40 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:I'd agree as well strongy but he has only fought 1 world ranked fighter and he has had over 32 bloody pro fights!!! He has struggled with Jones and was shook by senchenko briefly.

Unless he does what he did to porter against world fighters....now he is a world champ....then he gets destroyed by most!!

It's his first defence, and he fights Jo Jo Dan who has fought absolutely nobody at all apart from Aydin...and he lost twice to him!!

Brook stops this guy in 5....anything more than that and it's a bloody shambles....

Brook should be fighting top fighter like Thurman, JMM, Bradley, Khan, Maidana.....hell....if even prefer him in with Frankie Gavin compared to this fella.

I think I'm higher ranked......two fights ago he was fighting in the Holiday Inn!!

I see and the fact he has been laid off after having his leg half cut off does not come into the equation at all?
Clearly after such an ordeal he should have not been expected to reach for the most challenging fighter in his come back?

But the bottom line is its his mandatory which means the guy was there because he got there, He had never been stopped before during even his two losses previous which were close, so you must rate Brook quite highly to expect him to blow him out in 5?  as if you did not then why would you make such a prediction?

Turns out he smashed him to bits and the guy managed to hang in there till rnd 4.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:01 pm

Brook was superb. Dan isn't as poor as he looked but his weaknesses: an openness to a straight right and right uppercut proved disastrous (Kell's pet punches). Brook is a really top fighter. He'd give any of the welters problems - including the two old boys at the top.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:09 pm

I can't understand how anyone doesn't think Brook is the real deal? Good power, terrific timing and accuracy, veteran like seasoned moves at times, he must beone of the most accurate punchers around at the moment. Put him in with any 147 he gives them major problems.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:09 pm

We agree on something Haz, his timing last night was incredible which in fairness it has been since the Jones scare. He is simply too good in too many departments to be outclassed, his speed and strength are somewhat overlooked.

It wasn't a top drawer opponent but he reminds me of Zoomy in the way he can dissect an opponent so effortlessly and he's a very natural boxer. Thurman next I hope and it's a fight he can win comfortably, should be aiming higher than Rios who he'd dismantle.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:15 pm

I think any top welterweight would have made mincemeat of Jo Jo Dan. Past time for Brook to start mixing it at a higher level.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:21 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:We agree on something Haz, his timing last night was incredible which in fairness it has been since the Jones scare. He is simply too good in too many departments to be outclassed, his speed and strength are somewhat overlooked.

It wasn't a top drawer opponent but he reminds me of Zoomy in the way he can dissect an opponent so effortlessly and he's a very natural boxer. Thurman next I hope and it's a fight he can win comfortably, should be aiming higher than Rios who he'd dismantle.

It's looking like Marquez in the States or Rios over here. He needs VADA testing to go in with Marquez.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:28 pm

Marquez could lure Brook into a big right you sense, but at the same time you can see Brook employing similar tactics that Bradley used.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

Kell Brook...you gotta laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 29 Mar 2015, 6:47 pm

Marquez is a pointless fight for me Haz, Brook as a boxer will have too much for him and will get very little credit when he wins. The old man has never been great against actual boxers, give him someone to counter and he'll excel.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:14 pm

Hearn should throw some money at Broner or Maidana. I think he'd make mincemeat of them.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 29 Mar 2015, 7:21 pm

No doubt Broner will think he's above Brook but Maidana would go for it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:12 pm

Can't see any welter making mincemeat of Maidana right now. Given he now uses a jab, moves his head, has a high workrate, unpredictable attack and big power he'd be a hard night for Brook even on Kell's best day.

Broner I agree he smashes.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:53 pm

Brook would absolutely crush broner. That guy is a complete waste of talent and just a bag of attitude.

Would not like to see Brook vs JMM....back from a bad knee lay off, beaten handily by Bradley...seen better days but be a massive name and still a big test.

I'd like Brook vs Khan next....not sure why rios is being mentioned? Suppose he looked good in his last outing vs Alvarado....but think brook gives him a beating.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:29 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Can't see any welter making mincemeat of Maidana right now. Given he now uses a jab, moves his head, has a high workrate, unpredictable attack and big power he'd be a hard night for Brook even on Kell's best day.

Alexander shut him out. I'd expect Brook to do the same.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:48 pm

Think Maidana would be a tough fight for Brook. Dont think Brook will ever have the greatest stamina. He might hurt Maidana early but if he doesnt its gonna be a long, hard fight

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:54 pm

hazharrison wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:Can't see any welter making mincemeat of Maidana right now. Given he now uses a jab, moves his head, has a high workrate, unpredictable attack and big power he'd be a hard night for Brook even on Kell's best day.

Alexander shut him out. I'd expect Brook to do the same.

Agreed, Maidana has looked good against opponents he can push around but he's pretty dreadful on the back foot. His stamina also isn't great, he wilts in the second half of fights and Brook showed against Porter that there is nothing wrong with his fitness.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:51 pm

Maidana's improved ten fold, totally different animal now. Motivated, dedicated and relatively diverse. By the logic of Alexander did it, therefore Brook would, he'd never have got close to Mayweather.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 8:23 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Maidana's improved ten fold, totally different animal now. Motivated, dedicated and relatively diverse. By the logic of Alexander did it, therefore Brook would, he'd never have got close to Mayweather.

Yup, the guy that was knocking out Urango and beating Maidana was a completely different fighter to the one he is today. Maidana has really progressed from his days of throwing punches so wide that row 5 were having to duck.

Maidana vs Paccquiao is the fight I'd like to see after the latter loses 120-105 to FMJ via 3 canvas kissing trips. Reckon that'd be a pretty epic fight.

Brook? Khan needs to stop ducking. Thurman anyone?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 9:41 am

Khan talks himself round in circles here. He wants to shut him up, but doesnt want to give him a pay day. Brook needs to beat some good fighters, but they will start negotiations.

I think Khan is avoiding it as he knows it'll still be there for him if he loses to May/Pac. Obviously Brook is keen as it would set him up for life, win or lose.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/9781522/amir-khan-wants-to-silence-kell-brook-but-feels-disrespected

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 9:45 am

Guest82 wrote:Khan talks himself round in circles here.  He wants to shut him up, but doesnt want to give him a pay day.  Brook needs to beat some good fighters, but they will start negotiations.

I think Khan is avoiding it as he knows it'll still be there for him if he loses to May/Pac. Obviously Brook is keen as it would set him up for life, win or lose.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/9781522/amir-khan-wants-to-silence-kell-brook-but-feels-disrespected

“He’s only beaten one good fighter - [Shawn] Porter,” Khan told ESPN. “He needs some good wins against the likes of [Brandon] Rios, [Juan Manuel] Marquez, [Keith] Thurman, [Marcos] Maidana"

And Khan has fought none of them (at WW before anyone mentions Maidana, who is a different beast now) either. Total dimwit.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 9:53 am

I know boxers need to be confident, but it is Khan's elevation of himself as above fighters such as Brook which doesn't really do him any favours.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:21 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Marquez is a pointless fight for me Haz, Brook as a boxer will have too much for him and will get very little credit when he wins. The old man has never been great against actual boxers, give him someone to counter and he'll excel.

That's a lot of cold water you're pouring over a possible Marquez fight, Hammersmith! Don't think it'd be as pointless as you say, personally, albeit there are other fights I'd take for Brook over that one next up, namely Khan. Think Brook would get (and deserve) plenty of credit if he beat Marquez, although it'd probably be advisable for Marquez to take a fight before getting in there with a young, in-form fighter like Brook.

Marquez has lost a few to boxers / counter punchers but he's also beaten Peden, Barrera and Casamayor, so it's hardly a given that he'll always lose to fighters with a similar style or approach to himself. Bradley didn't exactly have a field day with him, either - it was a very competitive fight with Bradley winning a close but fair decision.

It's not as if Brook has proven himself or looked good against any high-class 'boxers' either. Like Marquez his best win has come against someone who came forward after him all night and gave him more countering opportunities. For all we know, he might end up being a stylist with the same problem as Marquez - not quite as hot when matched against other stylists or counter punchers. Even at Marquez's age I don't see why Brook would be an overwhelming favourite to the point where it's not worth pondering or he wouldn't get any credit for winning.

As I said, Marquez wouldn't be my ideal choice for Brook next up, but I think it'd be a lot more worthwhile than others seem to think. Brook would certainly be dealing with problems and skills he'd never seen before, even if it's a 41-year-old Marquez.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:26 am

... agree, the fight doesn't excite like it would a few years ago... but its not quite khan barrera, and would show how brook fairs with a great counter-pouncher/quality technician. On balance though, there are plenty of other fights i'd prefer to see for brook.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next