The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
Eyetoldyouso
Nay
golfermartin
1GrumpyGolfer
pedro
MustPuttBetter
westisbest
hend085
barragan
mystiroakey
SmithersJones
Bob_the_Job
lorus59
Mad for Chelsea
MontysMerkin
JAS
puligny
kwinigolfer
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
super_realist
raycastleunited
beninho
Davie
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
31 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm

Super

I saw the first two sets and a bit, then went out to get dinner. Wish I had stuck around to watch it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 09 Mar 2015, 2:13 pm

I see England are out of the World Cup cricket. Again.

Quite convincingly too by all accounts although I dare say not completely unexpectedly.

As with most sports on here, when talking about "anything goes", it's usually England doing the going.

Time for competitive queueing or an international competition for having a reserved demeanour methinks.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 09 Mar 2015, 5:20 pm

Yep. The bad thing is it'll just increase the calls for that bell-end Pietersen to be recalled.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 09 Mar 2015, 8:00 pm

That would be the bell end that could at least get them out of the group stages ....

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 09 Mar 2015, 9:47 pm

Davie wrote:That would be the bell end that could at least get them out of the group stages ....
Arguably...but at what cost? If he's completely unable to be a part of a genuine team (and all the evidence would tend to support that), I'm not sure that it's worth it. Talented, but a prat.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 09 Mar 2015, 9:52 pm

All the evidence? Most of the evidence I've seen has come from has-beens and the old guard ... there is still much support from current and recent players for Pieterson. As a personality I don't like him much either but he is a match winner. If necessary surround him by players of quality who back him rather than are jealous of him

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 10 Mar 2015, 1:22 pm

Does anyone else end up singing this vaselines song to themselves whenever McIlroy is mentioned in golf coverage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8HEs5GXaPQ
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 10 Mar 2015, 1:58 pm

Davie wrote:All the evidence? Most of the evidence I've seen has come from has-beens and the old guard ... there is still much support from current and recent players for Pieterson. As a personality I don't like him much either but he is a match winner. If necessary surround him by players of quality who back him rather than are jealous of him
Jealous? I don't think so. He's just a knob end and they don't fit into team environments that well; even if they are outrageously talented. Pietersen spells "team" as "I". Always has and always will.
Anyway, I don't think I care about the cricket anymore in any case. Sold its soul to T20 and Sky. Don't get to see it any more so it isn't really part of the consciousness anymore. Bit like golf will be after that goes to Sky in totality. At least I play golf though.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 10 Mar 2015, 2:08 pm

Pietersen is a bit of a Tinkywinky. That cannot be disputed, but I have not heard a bad word about him from the players in regards to giving a valid reason for dropping him. He was made to take the blame. I would rather have Kp in the team and not have Moores in charge. The England team is a joke.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 10 Mar 2015, 6:34 pm

I cannot believe how poor England have been in this World Cup. In most sports you expect under-performance from England (with the exception of rugby in 2003), but this takes it to a whole new level.

I always felt the cricket team would echo our footballers... uninspiring performances that are just about good enough to take us through the group stage, a bit of media hype about us having a chance of winning the thing, and then we go out in glorious defeat against the first quality side we face.

However this has been the worst performance from an England team in my memory. They have been crushed, thrashed and destroyed by their rivals and then humiliated by Banglafukindesh. I'm not normally one for knee jerk reactions but Moores and half the team need to go before the summer.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Mar 2015, 8:09 pm

raycastleunited wrote:I cannot believe how poor England have been in this World Cup. In most sports you expect under-performance from England (with the exception of rugby in 2003), but this takes it to a whole new level.

I always felt the cricket team would echo our footballers... uninspiring performances that are just about good enough to take us through the group stage, a bit of media hype about us having a chance of winning the thing, and then we go out in glorious defeat against the first quality side we face.

However this has been the worst performance from an England team in my memory. They have been crushed, thrashed and destroyed by their rivals and then humiliated by Banglafukindesh. I'm not normally one for knee jerk reactions but Moores and half the team need to go before the summer.

Did you watch the last World Cup? Laugh Laugh Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 10 Mar 2015, 9:16 pm

Gareth Bale should really do something about that hair.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 10 Mar 2015, 9:56 pm

What does everyone make of Jeremy Clarkson's suspension from the BBC?

Long overdue I'd say!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 10 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm

incontinentia wrote:What does everyone make of Jeremy Clarkson's suspension from the BBC?

Long overdue I'd say!

Does anyone know what the "fracas" actually was?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:15 am

Clarkson should of been got rid of before. But glad its caught up with him now. Could not have happened to a nicer fella. The guy is a first class Muppet.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:33 am

McLaren wrote:
incontinentia wrote:What does everyone make of Jeremy Clarkson's suspension from the BBC?

Long overdue I'd say!

Does anyone know what the "fracas" actually was?
Apparently he threw a punch at a producer because there wasn't any catering put on after a shoot in Newcastle.

Grade-A bell-end, but he's a cash cow for the BBC so hard to get rid of him.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:45 am

What input does he have on the show, can they not just replace him, the other two are not that bad. I am sure its not sold round the world on the back of a racist bigot.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:47 am

It's pretty tired and contrived these days anyway, although I still watch. They need to ditch boring stuff like the "Star" in a reasonably priced car.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 11 Mar 2015, 11:16 am

Agree Super (for a change). Some of their stories are just inane, others interesting. Vietnam trip for instance caused a spike in holidays there. The Australian bit apart from rounding up the animals was ok. But did they need to go to Oz to do it? Not everyone realises that it's not a car show, but an entertainment show with cars and that Clarkson plays up to the caricature that his wife encouraged him to become

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 11 Mar 2015, 11:39 am

Someone just told me Clarkson "owns" Top Gear, so if he's sacked the show goes with him.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 11 Mar 2015, 11:52 am

As a yogurt knitting lefty I should hate clarkson, but he does remain one of the few people in the bbc who refuses to follow the vacuous modern tv style. It is a shame he doesn't make a more meaningful (lefty) point, but without characters like him in TV we are headed for seriously dull tv in the future, with a Jake Humphrey type fronting every TV show.

Clarkson is a tool, but thankfully one who still has a use if we ever want to see TV not put together by focus groups.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Wed 11 Mar 2015, 12:34 pm

His military programmes were good. But he was sticking to the facts in most cases.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:31 pm

incontinentia wrote:Someone just told me Clarkson "owns" Top Gear, so if he's sacked the show goes with him.
Not unless something's changed. TG was an entity before Clarkson's first appearance on it. Did he own it before he appeared? Or has some at the Beeb got some seriously Qs to answer?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:33 pm

McLaren wrote:As a yogurt knitting lefty I should hate clarkson, but he does remain one of the few people in the bbc who refuses to follow the vacuous modern tv style.  It is a shame he doesn't make a more meaningful (lefty) point, but without characters like him in TV we are headed for seriously dull tv in the future, with a Jake Humphrey type fronting every TV show.

Clarkson is a tool, but thankfully one who still has a use if we ever want to see TV not put together by focus groups.
Never thought I'd see the day - Mac supporting a man who seems to see no problem with xenophobic remarks on TV for a laugh. "Seen" it all now.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:36 pm

Xenophobia is a silly word, I don't see any harm in laughing at different nationalities if you can laugh at yourself.

There's plenty to laugh at every country.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:43 pm

navy

As I said, i obviously prefer the irreverence of Jeremey Hardy to that of Clarkson, but a little like the free speech debate you don't apply different rules to those you disagree with.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:20 pm

John Terry refereeing. Oscar aptly named.
Ridiculous.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:24 pm

Maureen can't complain they don't get the decisions anymore. Never a red card. At worst a yellow each. But the ball was their for them to go for. Chelsea are horrible club.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:25 pm

There will be another red in this game.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:53 pm

Chelsea will likely win the premier league but they really aren't all that great. Maybe the premier league isn't aa good as we are told!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm

Hope they play this way vs Saints.

How come no-one saw Costa pushing that PSG'er over? Don't referees get help from linesmen?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:23 pm

Chelsea behaved and played like entitled bullies, never the focus needed to take advantage of their numeric superiority, never the character to deal with adversity.
Hope there's some retro way for UEFA to charge Costa and suspend his miserable arse for three games. Or more of course.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 12 Mar 2015, 7:56 am

"Best league in the world" fails again.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 13 Mar 2015, 1:08 pm

Nothing better than a bit of mockery to deal with idiotic ideologies.

Fans stop terry getting onto metro:
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 13 Mar 2015, 10:47 pm

I'm surprised he didn't behave like a child and complained to an imaginary referee.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 20 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm

Carrick has just signed a new contract to add at least another season to his Man Utd career. I have argued for years that he was the best English centre midfielder of his generation (I count Scholes as the previous generation) and wondered if anyone would now like to agree with me on that.

PS Lampard clearly played a more forward role.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 20 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm

What position to you consider Gerrard to play?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 20 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm

Lampard is definitely a more attacking player but both he and Carrick are central midfielders (ie they're not forwards and not wide players) so is Carrick the best CM of his generation? No. Is he the best non tackling non heading defensive central midfielder with an eye for a pass? Probably yes
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 22 Mar 2015, 2:41 pm

Steven Gerred

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 22 Mar 2015, 3:38 pm

Another win for David Moyes' United team, Van Gaal can go back to Madame Tussauds.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 22 Mar 2015, 7:32 pm

Stevie G - England captain. That was a disgrace today. No I'm not a United fan. I wanted both teams to lose today but that wasn't an option - but to see Gerrard do that was pretty sickening. I guess for a straight red he will get 3 game ban but I'd double it for that offence

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 22 Mar 2015, 7:33 pm

And give Skrtl one too.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:21 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:And give Skrtl one too.

Skrtl's was actually worse, a lot more likely to have seriously injured the victim.

Kwini

Do you think Moye's would have been in the top 4 this season if he had been kept on?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:32 pm

Mac,
Absolutely. Top manager. Only thing against him in popular opinion is he's British.

Only player in the starting line-up that Van Gaal signed was the Daily Blind (who I like) - the other 100 mil's worth on the bench or injured. Waxwork.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:03 am

Davie wrote:Stevie G - England captain. That was a disgrace today. No I'm not a United fan. I wanted both teams to lose today but that wasn't an option - but to see Gerrard do that was pretty sickening. I guess for a straight red he will get 3 game ban but I'd double it for that offence

Nothing new Davie, he's scum. One of the dirtiest players and one of the most frequently red carded players.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm

8 red cards in 816 appearances is not that bad a record. I would not class him as one of the dirtiest players around. I am not a massive fan of his, but he has been a brilliant player over the years.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:55 pm

It's as many red cards as anyone has had I think.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:08 pm

8 includes one in the fa Cup and one playing for England, in the premier league he has 6, the same as 11 others and behind 5 others. In terms of 50 players that have 4 or more red cards, only 4 players have a better minutes by red card. Only 2 have played more minutes then him in the Premier League. So its actually not that bad, and definitely not one of the dirtiest around, and only frequently red carded due to the amount of games. The worst minutes per red card is ALex Rae, i barely remember him playing in the Premier League, he got 4 red cards. Duncan Ferguson and Lee Catermole unsurprisingly up the top of the list.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:14 pm

Shows a distinct lack of skill and intelligence to get repeated red cards though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:16 pm

In other non-golfing news, Tiger Woods is now sitting (and this is not pretty) at #96 in owgrankings.

ben,
I think Dunne and Viera also have 8 Prem reds. And Joey Barton has nine, but not quite sure where they were all "earned", probably started in kindergarten. Must be something in the liverpuddles.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next