The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fed party's Central Committee Approved List for explaining fed defeats

+15
Belovedluckyboy
TRuffin
break_in_the_fifth
CaledonianCraig
laverfan
JuliusHMarx
CAS
Henman Bill
Jahu
Josiah Maiestas
bogbrush
temporary21
It Must Be Love
Haddie-nuff
socal1976
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Fed party's Central Committee Approved List for explaining fed defeats Empty The Fed party's Central Committee Approved List for explaining fed defeats

Post by socal1976 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm

1. The courts were slower than mud if on clay and green clay if the loss derives on grass, or blue clay if on hardcourt.

2. His opponents are juicing

3. His opponents are just moonballing lung merchants who play a game aided by slow conditions to tire out the aged Federer

4. Federer is too old and would trounce said victor of the match in his prime.

5. The technology aided in his defeat after all the tour should play with whatever strings and rackets suit Federer.

6. Federer has a bad back

Note: Any deviation from the Central Committees approved reasons for Federer losses will result in a blitzkrieg of online acrimony from the shock troops. And in terms of punishment involves being sent to the gulags where you will be allowed 5 days of turnip soup for your labor in the salt mines. It could by no means ever be because the opponent was just better that day or that the opponent is a supremely talented player in his own right.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

The Fed party's Central Committee Approved List for explaining fed defeats Empty Re: The Fed party's Central Committee Approved List for explaining fed defeats

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 7:58 pm

I think you have just about covered it

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

The Fed party's Central Committee Approved List for explaining fed defeats Empty Re: The Fed party's Central Committee Approved List for explaining fed defeats

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:19 pm

Yahoo

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm

Excuses are a bit of a cop out, and theyre weird because they all stem from this weird feeling we get whereby we need to give some "justification" that our favourite guy lost, as though we were somehow "wrong" for liking the loser.

End of the day it does a disservice to both the winner and the loser. Tennis is a multi style game demanding both attacking and defensive qualities, and a lot of mental strength. Some courts favour one thing over another but they both play on the same court, hence theres no unfair advantage, both get access to the same advantages the other has.

End of the day, the better player won on the day, and theres no need to justify any choice for that.

Of course whether there should be more types of courts on tour is a different matter, but the overall distribution of courts is no excuse, need we remember Rogers a seventeen time champ on these slower surfaces.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:25 pm

Oh dear. I thought this place had half a chance of keeping it civil and intelligent but with misrepresentation and the cheerleading girlies in tow (one a mod too) that's a dashed hope.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:27 pm

Well I could go all Draconian and ban the thread, but its clear thats not how the forum wants it to go. Im fairly sure my response was quite civil.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:29 pm

temporary21 wrote:Well I could go all Draconian and ban the thread, but its clear thats not how the forum wants it to go. Im fairly sure my response was quite civil.
Yeah, it's fairly clear the forum wants this.

FFS picard
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:29 pm

temporary21 wrote:Well I could go all Draconian and ban the thread, but its clear thats not how the forum wants it to go. Im fairly sure my response was quite civil.

What is the difference between this thread and that BB produced concerning Nadal's defeat to a young Ozzie a few months back.. It was called a sardonic article as my memory serves me ??

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:30 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:

What is the difference between this thread and that BB produced concerning Nadal's defeat to a young Ozzie a few months back.. It was called a sardonic article as my memory serves me ??
Mine was a joke thread about players, this is a slagging off of other posters tended to create a row.

And a mod can't see that. I truly despair.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:31 pm

No it was not it was a joke at Nadal's expense come off it
Hurts does it!!!?

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:33 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:No it was not it was a joke at Nadal's expense come off it
Hurts does it!!!?
God, do I have to use word of one syllable for you?

I SAID IT WAS A JOKE THREAD ABOUT PLAYERS
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:33 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:

I dont remember that thread. I mean I can imagine it but I dont know what happened with it.
Look , peoples main complaint is that I jump in way too quick. The topic is written as a joke, by all means ignore the thread at your leisure. Ill step in if things get personal

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:34 pm

They did. It was the article.

bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:34 pm

Bogbrush, lighten up a bit seriously

Also you do sometimes write threads gently mocking other fans, this is what you wrote in an OP once clearly mocking Socal and people who held his view on draw rigging:

bogbrush wrote:Scientists at the CERN have announced the "discovery" of a draw particle at a press conference in Switzerland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18702455

Scientists investigating the so-called "socal particle", a phenomenon which acts to prevent Novak Djokovic from winning all the Slams he enters, have announced that the new particle was spotted in the draw carried out at Wimbledon a week ago last friday. The "socal particle" acts by giving the names "Federer" and "Nadal" sufficient mass to repel each other in the draw, ensuring that Djokovic always gets the worst of it.

Bit hypocritical to moan about this thread OK

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:37 pm

FFS, to quote Ellen Ripley "did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

I make an obviously mock thread about science affecting draws, this is a thread designed to misrepresent valid arguments.

Last edited by bogbrush on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:38 pm

Just lighten up, I thought your thread mocking Socal's draw rigging stance (and I really disagreed with him on that one...) was funny; I can't remember Socal moaning about it either.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:39 pm

A PI$$ taking article hypocrite God you are the bleeding limit

https://www.606v2.com/t56179-police-arrest-teenagers-over-savage-beating-of-veteran

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:41 pm

Yeah, whatever.

Still, if the girls get a thrill from it that's nice.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:A PI$$ taking article hypocrite God you are the bleeding limit

https://www.606v2.com/t56179-police-arrest-teenagers-over-savage-beating-of-veteran
See what I mean?

Not. A. Clue.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:43 pm

Yeah Yeah it is whatever..... What goes round

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:45 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:A PI$$ taking article hypocrite God you are the bleeding limit

See what I mean?

Not. A. Clue.

NO NOBODY KNOWS what you mean ... your obtuse, rude, and intolerant of others..KNOW what I MEAN

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:46 pm

bogbrush wrote:

I make an obviously mock thread about science affecting draws, this is a thread designed to misrepresent valid arguments.
Well you yourself said at the time you were mocking Socal's arguments in particular- 'by making them the subject of light relief.'

Quotes from you:
The discovery was based on smashing 606v2 posters heads together at ever-increasing regularity with thousands of identically written articles until a fragment of the particle spun off and forced the words "Federer" and "Nadal" to separate on the page under laboratory conditions. The probability of this was tested to the 5-sigma level, which sounds really complicated but translates as the level at which Prof Socal says "seriously guys, this is like really blatent and totally obvious that they've all got it in for Djokovic". The "discovery" was greeted with thunderous applause from socal himself in a packed telephone box.
------
it's quite impossible to warp your arguments. I do you a favour by making them the subject of light relief

Instead of getting being so hypocritical, perhaps just let this one go, it's pretty clear Socal is being light-hearted Wink

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm

You should try harder its your cynical way Of derailing the thread and getting the temps to close it

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:48 pm

Who cares? It's not my forum, trash it up like you want.

It's just dismal if people can't spot the difference between a joke thread about Rafa losing to some teenagers or an obviously ironic one about Socals draw distress, and an article mocking other posters arguments.

Still, like I say carry on. I just wish temp wouldn't then start telling posters they know where they live when they get argumentative.

Last edited by bogbrush on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:50 pm

Joke at who's expense.. such jokes would not be tolerated by you or Federer fans.. yours is not a sense of humour more cynical sarcasm dressed up to be comical.
I would suggest Socal too is making a joke.. Get a life

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:51 pm

Write something funny, we'd give it a try.

Last edited by bogbrush on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:51 pm

You hit the nail in the head. It's a mock not a deliberately vicious attack on any one person.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:53 pm

I didn't tell anybody I knew where they lived?! Please don't lie. You complained i jump in too quick when people banter. You can't do a 180 on that at your leisure

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:54 pm

bogbrush wrote:

It's just dismal if people can't spot the difference between a joke thread about Rafa losing to some teenagers or an obviously ironic one about Socals draw distress, and an article mocking other posters arguments.
This isn't similar to the one about Rafa losing to teenagers that was about a player; but the one about Socal was clearly mocking his arguments, which you yourself even admitted at the time ?
Also this thread is clearly Socal making a light hearted comment about argument put up as 'excuses' for Roger, it's pretty obvious he's not being serious or viciously attacking Federer fans.

If you were a really serious poster who can't stand anything in jest/sarcastic that would be one thing, but given you've literally written an OP about Socal mocking his argument, and then you complain about Socal's OP here... it's obviously clear hypocrisy.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm

temporary21 wrote:You hit the nail in the head. It's a mock not a deliberately vicious attack on any one person.

Yes it is, and if the thread he wrote can be tolerated so can this, do what most of the Nadal fans did at the time.???????

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:56 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

This isn't similar to the one about Rafa losing to teenagers that was about a player; but the one about Socal was clearly mocking his arguments, which you yourself even admitted at the time ?
Also this thread is clearly Socal making a light hearted comment about argument put up as 'excuses' for Roger, it's pretty obvious he's not being serious or viciously attacking Federer fans.

If you were a really serious poster who can't stand anything in jest/sarcastic that would be one thing, but given you've literally written an OP about Socal mocking his argument, and then you complain about Socal's OP here... it's obviously clear hypocrisy.

thumbsup

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:56 pm

Get back 'on topic', have a squee.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:03 pm

Pretty sure that's exactly what you would have done had the thread been about Nadal.

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:03 pm

After the FPCC (Fed's Party Central Committee) produced their list of excuses, the NPCC (Nadal's Party Central Committee) have had no choice but to hit back with a list of their own.

Nadal fans are determined to match Federer fans every step of the way, and wouldn't fall behind in such an endeavour.

So here is the official list:

-He can't cope without his appendix, which was crucial for his cross-court forehand
-His knee was clearly hurting every time it was a big point
-Layani kept penalising Nadal by implementing the time rule after 25 seconds for some reason, which meant Nadal didn't have adequate time to pick his butt
-Why is Wimbledon not on clay ?
-Why is the WTF not on clay ?
-Why is the US & Aus Open not on cl... actually don't worry about that
-F*ck blue clay
-Why is the ranking only counting points for the last year and not the past decade ?
-Nadal couldn't see Uncle Toni's coaching hand signals because a fat American guy eating a hamburger kept standing up and getting in the way.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:06 pm

So how many winners were there in the SFs and the final, if this surface wasn't slow?

The OP is really paranoid about Federer's fans though.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:09 pm

That's not to say I would agree with banning threads like this. It's just better if a moderator applies the same rules across the board - Temp21 has proven time and again that he/she is quite happy for it to all flow in one direction.

Anyway, I'm off.

For anyone interested in a better forum, try tennisfrontier - that's where I post (under a different username of course Wink )

Over and out Houston,

ghost

emancipator - the journey continues!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:10 pm

Actually that's a similar misrepresentation. Come on Amrit, you can be more accurate than that

Try

- he was obviously injured / recovering from injury / lacking confidence after injury.
- someone in his family died or was ill and he's such a sensitive soul he can't handle it.
- his Mum and Dad have been rowing and he's such a sensitive soul......
- Uncle Toni has oppressed the poor mite from birth and the poor soul......
- His feet make his knees go all funny
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:14 pm

Emanci- I had a check of threads that were locked since Temp was mod, and apart form ones that went over the post limit (of 20 pages) which have to be locked due to too many posts, only 2 threads have been blocked; only one of those by Temp and it wasn't a thread written by a Federer fans.

I'm not going to say any names, but a moderator here once posted on another forum that he disliked Nadal to the point he would be happy Nadal was injured, I think you should keep some perspective Emancipator.

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm

bogbrush wrote:Actually that's a similar misrepresentation. Come on Amrit, you can be more accurate than that

Try

- he was obviously injured / recovering from injury / lacking confidence after injury.
- someone in his family died or was ill and he's such a sensitive soul he can't handle it.
- his Mum and Dad have been rowing and he's such a sensitive soul......
- Uncle Toni has oppressed the poor mite from birth and the poor soul......
- His feet make his knees go all funny
No but these are the actual reasons as to why he lost, I thought we were making posts mocking fans for giving fake reasons ???

Wink

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:17 pm

Cant bear duplicity.. and we are now making excuses for the excuses.

Thanks for the temporary giggle Social Run >>>>>>>

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm

socal back to what he does best, proxy trench warfare Laugh

This thread is a bit nitb'it, come on it rhymes Wink
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:51 pm

I think the thread is permissable, but should be watched for potential locking if necessary. It was mildly amusing and somewhat accurate. I actually cannot think of any missed out.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:55 pm

Social is ok .. it is definitely an elbow nudge nudge article. Cool

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:10 am

reduce the argumentation to an absurdity

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:02 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Emanci- I had a check of threads that were locked since Temp was mod, and apart form ones that went over the post limit (of 20 pages) which have to be locked due to too many posts, only 2 threads have been blocked; only one of those by Temp and it wasn't a thread written by a Federer fans.

I'm not going to say any names, but a moderator here once posted on another forum that he disliked Nadal to the point he would be happy Nadal was injured, I think you should keep some perspective Emancipator.

By a process of elimination that must have been laverfan. Odd, that's quite out of character.
Perhaps IMBL is mistaken.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:44 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:I'm not going to say any names, but a moderator here once posted on another forum that he disliked Nadal to the point he would be happy Nadal was injured, I think you should keep some perspective Emancipator.

And your point is....

I love the trenches being dug up, manned, fortified, incendiaries being lobbed. There is very little respect for the sport, leave alone the current Top players. There are very few here who like the sport, they had much rather like a specific player, like a favorite actor in a favorite movie.

Articles gloating player A's defeat, player B's defeat, are disrespectful of/to the sport. Two players who work hard, have been to a recent final (twice), are being treated with complete disdain.

Lord of the Flies should be compulsory reading for 606v2 Tennis forum membership, perhaps a rite of passage.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:52 pm

socal1976 wrote:1. The courts were slower than mud if on clay and green clay if the loss derives on grass, or blue clay if on hardcourt.

2. His opponents are juicing

3. His opponents are just moonballing lung merchants who play a game aided by slow conditions to tire out the aged Federer

4. Federer is too old and would trounce said victor of the match in his prime.

5. The technology aided in his defeat after all the tour should play with whatever strings and rackets suit Federer.

6. Federer has a bad back

Note: Any deviation from the Central Committees approved reasons for Federer losses will result in a blitzkrieg of online acrimony from the shock troops. And in terms of punishment involves being sent to the gulags where you will be allowed 5 days of turnip soup for your labor in the salt mines. It could by no means ever be because the opponent was just better that day or that the opponent is a supremely talented player in his own right.

Logically, all such articles, devalue the winner's trophy, by saying the other side of the net had a crappy player. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:55 pm

Federer fans should be happy he made the final, playing crap obviously. Djokovic fans should celebrate new additions to silverware.

Unhappiness of any other kind, is a personal issue, to be addressed by the person involved.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Tue 24 Mar 2015, 1:04 pm

Yeah, werid socal chose this attack just when djoko beat fed, id djoko would lose, sure.

Guess some cant even celebrate, without some backstabbing.

Tempo, don't edit my posts, do you know how long it takes me to make a sentance? Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 24 Mar 2015, 1:11 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Cant bear duplicity.. and we are now making excuses for the excuses.

Thanks for the temporary giggle Social Run >>>>>>>

Your welcome honestly, it was a joke. And I have had my positions misrepresented before to be ridiculed by some of the same that are protesting. Glad you enjoyed it. I am kind of sad I wasn't around to see all the fireworks.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next