The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchroom Announcement

+17
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
John Bloody Wayne
milkyboy
Rowley
captain carrantuohil
ShahenshahG
3fingers
Strongback
Derbymanc
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
Dipper Brown
TopHat24/7
Hammersmith harrier
Adam D
hampo17
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Matchroom Announcement - Page 2 Empty Matchroom Announcement

Post by hampo17 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 4:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hearn has just been on SSN to announce; Selby vs Gradovic, Joshua vs Johnson and Mitchells world title fight.

Show at the O2 in May.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Matchroom Announcement - Page 2 Empty Re: Matchroom Announcement

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:56 pm

Whipped his ass is definitely how to describe that fight isn't it, childish fool.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 Mar 2015, 11:05 pm

Hey truth hurts. I get a good a laugh out your denial. Next week you wont even remember what your point was and will be arguing the opposite.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 20 Mar 2015, 11:07 pm

Johnson showed Chisora a tiny bit of movement at which point he couldn't get and couldn't get going, he won purely on work rate and aside from the knockdown it was far from an ass whipping. You however would not know as you believe it better to act like a child, not watch the fights and just start pointless arguments for what end I do not know.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 20 Mar 2015, 11:10 pm

Yeah so the David Brent of the boxing board says. Boxings self styled Renassaince Man. You havent a clue. The real childishness is trying to pretend that Johnson is a better fight for Joshua and Chisora offers nothing simply because Tyson Fury made him (and you) look like a clown.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 21 Mar 2015, 9:18 am

Chisora looked completely washed out and uninterested in the Fury fight, he needs to come back and prove he wants to bother with boxing or it's a pointless fight.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 21 Mar 2015, 10:41 am

Yeah so Chisora is a totally pointless fight, because Fury gave him a whipping. But Kingpin Johnson, who could barely win a round against Chisora and Fury, and is nothing more than an expensive sparring partner is not.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:02 pm

Lee Selby will become the most brutal, vicious and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one to stop him. Gradovic is a conqueror? No, Selby is Alexander, Gradovic is no Alexander. There's never been anybody as ruthless! He is Willie Pep, he is Henry Armstrong....Selby is from their cloth. There's no one that can match him. His style is impetuous, his defense is impregnable, and he is just ferocious

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:18 pm

Steffan wrote:Lee Selby will become the most brutal, vicious and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one to stop him. Gradovic is a conqueror? No, Selby is Alexander, Gradovic is no Alexander. There's never been anybody as ruthless! He is Willie Pep, he is Henry Armstrong....Selby is from their cloth. There's no one that can match him. His style is impetuous, his defense is impregnable, and he is just ferocious

Rate Selby a lot, especially the way he mauled Smith. But he does lack power.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 21 Mar 2015, 1:57 pm

catchweight wrote:Yeah so Chisora is a totally pointless fight, because Fury gave him a whipping. But Kingpin Johnson, who could barely win a round against Chisora and Fury, and is nothing more than an expensive sparring partner is not.

The Chisora that did his best against' Vitalie or (depending on your point of view) that beat Fury 1st time would have been a good test. The one that plodded round the ring looking lost and like he wanted to be anywhere else wouldn't be a good test for Skelton.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 21 Mar 2015, 11:41 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
catchweight wrote:Yeah so Chisora is a totally pointless fight, because Fury gave him a whipping. But Kingpin Johnson, who could barely win a round against Chisora and Fury, and is nothing more than an expensive sparring partner is not.

The Chisora that did his best against' Vitalie or (depending on your point of view) that beat Fury 1st time would have been a good test. The one that plodded round the ring looking lost and like he wanted to be anywhere else wouldn't be a good test for Skelton.

What Chisora beat Fury first time? Did you see anything related to that fight?

Do you know anything anything about Kingpin Johnson?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 22 Mar 2015, 12:45 am

Steff, you going up to London for this?

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Sun 22 Mar 2015, 7:31 am

Steffan wrote:Lee Selby will become the most brutal, vicious and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one to stop him. Gradovic is a conqueror? No, Selby is Alexander, Gradovic is no Alexander. There's never been anybody as ruthless! He is Willie Pep, he is Henry Armstrong....Selby is from their cloth. There's no one that can match him. His style is impetuous, his defense is impregnable, and he is just ferocious

Only if he has the height of Rees with the power of clev and the granite chin of Enzo then shout out the words "When you Beat a legend you become a legend" can you be from the same cloth as Armstrong.

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:13 am

catchweight wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:

What Chisora beat Fury first time? Did you see anything related to that fight?

Do you know anything anything about Kingpin Johnson?

I was thinking of Mcdermott Doh although it shows how much I think of Chisora now.

Yes I do, I know he's a bigger test than Chisora at this point.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:30 am

Don't worry yourself over this Derby, a few months ago people were saying how Johnson would be a good test and that he'd give Joshua rounds so we can see how his tank is, now it's happening there's someone better. Always the way.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 22 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

I must admit Hampo I do find it really frustrating that we're already trying to put the prospect down.

If he'd picked Chisora there'd be outrage due to that showing against Fury (rightly so, as I alluded to, don't see how it's a step up until he proves himself again,) He picks a fighter that is there to try and give him some rounds and people are jumping on it already.
If your that unhappy why bother watching a boxer go through the ranks at all???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 22 Mar 2015, 11:55 am

Dipper Brown wrote:Steff, you going up to London for this?
On a stag weekend when this is on. I'm up in London during June for Fleetwood Mac but I guess it will be too late by then

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Mar 2015, 2:23 pm

Who pays any attention to a prospects first 10-15 fights?......nobody except friends and family.

Eddie is just spinning a few quid out of nothing fights. When AJ fights somebody decent I'll take notice.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Mar 2015, 2:26 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I must admit Hampo I do find it really frustrating that we're already trying to put the prospect down.

If he'd picked Chisora there'd be outrage due to that showing against Fury (rightly so, as I alluded to, don't see how it's a step up until he proves himself again,) He picks a fighter that is there to try and give him some rounds and people are jumping on it already.
If your that unhappy why bother watching a boxer go through the ranks at all???

Total rubbish. Pointing out that Chisora would be a riskier option that Johnson is nothing more than common sense. You are the totally dismissing Chisora on the back of losing a fight to Tyson Fury while Johnson has been turning up for pay cheques and barely winning a round against anyone in the last few years. Couldnt even win prizefighter.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sun 22 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm

Johnson has also lost his last 3, one of which was to Chisora.

Similar fights for Joshua though. Can't see him stopping either, he doesn't hit hard enough. Genuinely think his power is hyperbole from Sky and the Hearn family.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 22 Mar 2015, 4:20 pm

This is decent matchmaking at this stage for Joshua. A durable guy who won't come to win. We get to see what Joshua looks like when he can't blow guys away without any fear of him losing... And if he does stop him, it makes a statement.

Chisora would come to win and despite his lacklustre showing against fury where I think he just lost heart once he realised he didn't gave the tools for the job, he represents a greater risk than Johnson.

I've no problem with this fight. Won't go out of my way to watch it, but a sensible step up.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Mar 2015, 4:48 pm

Johnson is just an expensive sparring partner who is happy to add his name to a fighters record and give them a kick up the rankings.

Joshua isnt really learning anything in the mismatches he is going through at the moment. Its all just a record building excercise. It is par for the course with prospects but it would be nice to see a fighter touted as the next great heavyweight be willing to be matched against an opponent that isnt there simply to be a statistic.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2