The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup?

+8
Hammersmith harrier
hampo17
westisbest
Mat
Duty281
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
sportform
12 posters

Go down

Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup?

Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup? Vote_lcap13%Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup? Vote_lcap87%Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup? Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 16

Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup? Empty Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup?

Post by sportform Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:10 pm

Whenever we see crowd trouble across Europe and in European competitions people call for UEFAto get tough with these teams and throw them out of the competition but this never happens and crowd trouble continues.

After the disgraceful scenes at Villa Park on Saturday, should the FA set an example and throw Aston Villa out the FA Cup?
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup? Empty Re: Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:12 pm

No. No they should not. The majority were merely excited, the idiots were just idiots.

Put a derby quarter final on in the evening and you learn some things about how dumb that is. They're lucky it wasn't worse

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup? Empty Re: Should the FA throw Aston Villa out of the FA Cup?

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:25 pm

No. The whole football club shouldn't be punished because of some idiots.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:44 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:No. The whole football club shouldn't be punished because of some idiots.

May I ask what is different about Aston Villa and Chelsea? After all, you did say this about Chelsea, after the actions of some idiots:

NickisBHAFC wrote:There racist and idiotic fans. Whole club should suffer.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:40 am

Chrikey you're pretty sad to look through old posts Laugh

Anyway I was fishing and you've just bitten #JobDone

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:46 am

As much as I want to say yes, I don't think they should. I just hope they get Arsenal or Liverpool in the semi final Wink

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:43 am

Definatly not.

Ban the fans I'd they can that came.on.

Kick us out. Stupid

the ones that didn't run on were booing.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:48 am

Duty281 wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:No. The whole football club shouldn't be punished because of some idiots.

May I ask what is different about Aston Villa and Chelsea? After all, you did say this about Chelsea, after the actions of some idiots:

NickisBHAFC wrote:There racist and idiotic fans. Whole club should suffer.

Were the fans being racist.
Idiotic yes.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:49 am

Mat wrote:As much as I want to say yes, I don't think they should. I just hope they get Arsenal or Liverpool in the semi final Wink

Neither of those ate in the semis yet. Very Happy

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:50 am

So what happens when a team gets promoted and the fans run on? Do you take the promotion off them?

Silly question really.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:52 am

We don't really need to go down the Chelsea route again do we Duty, safe to say I think racism is a bigger and more abhorrent problem than a few fans acting like idiots.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:57 am

No, hope the club bans the fans.
Watched it in the pub,and without the sound on it looked like over excited fans wanting to celebrate. I actually turned to my steplad and said 'Nice to see the fans getting excited but not taunting the opposition picard picard '

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:48 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Chrikey you're pretty sad to look through old posts Laugh

Anyway I was fishing and you've just bitten #JobDone

Oh really? How silly of me to think you were looking for a rational debate, rather than being sad enough to try to get attention on the internet.

My mistake.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:We don't really need to go down the Chelsea route again do we Duty, safe to say I think racism is a bigger and more abhorrent problem than a few fans acting like idiots.

True, but neither club should have to be severely punished.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:53 pm

I don't remember reading that Chelsea had been punished.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:55 pm

hampo171 wrote:I don't remember reading that Chelsea had been punished.

I don't believe they have been.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:00 pm

Thought I'd missed something from the way you're last post sounded bud.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:14 pm

I don't think Villa should be thrown out of the cup, but don't agree with the consensus that they should avoid punishment.

I didn't follow the Chelsea conversation, but the difference here for me is the Villa fans misbehaved at the ground, so as a club Villa have a larger degree of control than if the fans misbehave in public. Personally I think a large six figure fine would suffice, with the option of a partial ground closure should something like this happen again within a certain time period.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Watching the incident on TV, as it all unfolded, it looked like the police and stewards were unprepared for a serious crowd incident which is strange because that's one of the main things they are there for.

They were also too few in number and even if they had been able to quickly co-ordinate a response, they would still probably have been overwhelmed.

The whole thing was, of course, the fault of the idiots who took part and for me, calling it 'over exuberance' is simply making excuses.  

In my opinion the referee should have taken the players off the pitch and the stadium announcer should have informed everybody that if the pitch wasn't cleared the referee would abandon the match and it would have to be replayed.   And he should have kept the players off until not only the pitch was cleared, but the police and stewards had established order again.

Aston Villa will no doubt be punished and rightly so, but not by removing them from the competition.  To do that would penalise the players who did nothing wrong.  

As well as punish the club, the FA should order Aston Villa to thoroughly review their crowd control arrangements and ensure that not only are there sufficient numbers present at every match, but that there is a proper incident plan in place and the stewards and police are adequately trained and capable of carrying it out, as soon as an incident occurs.

Perhaps, if Aston Villa cannot satisfy the FA that they have done this by the time next season's competition starts, then they could consider banning Villa from that tournament.

I think the threat of that hanging over their head would galvanise the club into action.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Just seen a story saying WBA fans apparently ripped up and threw seats, so not entirely innocent if true.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:57 pm

I wouldn't say its necessary by the FA. Maybe just a standard fine for the club at worst for me. No way should they be throwing Villa out of the cup for something as silly as that. Reading fans let off flares yesterday and a Bradford fan ran onto the pitch, does that mean that they must get dumped out of the competition as well? Not a chance.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:09 am

The Fourth Lion wrote:Watching the incident on TV, as it all unfolded, it looked like the police and stewards were unprepared for a serious crowd incident which is strange because that's one of the main things they are there for.

They were also too few in number and even if they had been able to quickly co-ordinate a response, they would still probably have been overwhelmed.

The whole thing was, of course, the fault of the idiots who took part and for me, calling it 'over exuberance' is simply making excuses.  

In my opinion the referee should have taken the players off the pitch and the stadium announcer should have informed everybody that if the pitch wasn't cleared the referee would abandon the match and it would have to be replayed.   And he should have kept the players off until not only the pitch was cleared, but the police and stewards had established order again.

Aston Villa will no doubt be punished and rightly so, but not by removing them from the competition.  To do that would penalise the players who did nothing wrong.  

As well as punish the club, the FA should order Aston Villa to thoroughly review their crowd control arrangements and ensure that not only are there sufficient numbers present at every match, but that there is a proper incident plan in place and the stewards and police are adequately trained and  capable of carrying it out, as soon as an incident occurs.

Perhaps, if Aston Villa cannot satisfy the FA that they have done this by the time next season's competition starts, then they could consider banning Villa from that tournament.

I think the threat of that hanging over their head would galvanise the club into action.

That was the thing i was worried about.

We were 2-0 up with a couple of minutes to go.

If it had to have been replayed, those fans that did run on the pitch wouldnt have got out alive.
Stupid of the fans that ran on.

But lets not pretend thats the first time that has ever happend.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:10 am

hampo171 wrote:Just seen a story saying WBA fans apparently ripped up and threw seats, so not entirely innocent if true.

Heard that myself.

Bottom line, dont play a derby match at half 5 on a saturday.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down