The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise, surprise

+8
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
Strongback
Scottrf
88Chris05
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
ONETWOFOREVER
12 posters

Go down

Surprise, surprise Empty Surprise, surprise

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:53 am

News just in that Slyvestor Stallone had to jump in the middle of a fight between Tony Bellew and a cast member on the set of his new project Creed.

It is not known what caused the incident at this stage, but Stallone and a few others are said to have managed to break up the fight.
Police were called to the scene but it is unclear if any charges will be made.

Speaking after his victory over Nathan Cleverly last year, a coy Bellew said: 'I’m going to Hollywood in December for an assignment. I’ve been sought-after for a long time. I hope it’s a speaking part because no-one wants to look at this face if I’m not talking. My life’s going to change.

Someone must have crossed the line don't they know about his wife and 3 kids who constantly need feeding......

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Surprise, surprise Empty Re: Surprise, surprise

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:57 am

Looks like tony is making friends again

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:02 am

And you know categorically that this was Bellew's fault?

If it is, get him chucked off, if not then I hope they give him a bigger part to make up for it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:04 am

Thats true derby but i wouldnt be suprised if it was him who started it hes the sort of guy who could start a row in an empty room

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:17 am

I'm a fan to be honest Wheely, think he's a passionate guy and he gets himself a bit worked up at times but would like to see some more info on this before slating him.

Watched the documentary on him on Sky sports a few years back and he seems to really want to do well for his family. (Probably relate to him a bit)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:33 am

I can't stand him myself but each to their own Smile

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:38 am

Derbymanc wrote:I'm a fan to be honest Wheely, think he's a passionate guy and he gets himself a bit worked up at times but would like to see some more info on this before slating him.

Watched the documentary on him on Sky sports a few years back and he seems to really want to do well for his family. (Probably relate to him a bit)

You are taking this way too seriously lol

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:47 am

Can never make up my mind whether I like Bellew or not. I admire his honesty a lot of the time, but I suspect he's picked up on a few people saying a similar thing and it's gone to his head a bit, meaning he ends up putting on a forced, over-the-top 'I tell it like it is and I don't give a ****' front which can be a bit cringe-worthy. I think in general he comes across as a warm-hearted person who just takes himself a bit too seriously and is a bit over-sensitive with regards to what he perceives as 'criticism' of himself, even when it isn't.

When he's not having to talk about himself, he's actually one of the better and more insightful pundits.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:52 am

88Chris05 wrote:Can never make up my mind whether I like Bellew or not. I admire his honesty a lot of the time, but I suspect he's picked up on a few people saying a similar thing and it's gone to his head a bit, meaning he ends up putting on a forced, over-the-top 'I tell it like it is and I don't give a ****' front which can be a bit cringe-worthy. I think in general he comes across as a warm-hearted person who just takes himself a bit too seriously and is a bit over-sensitive with regards to what he perceives as 'criticism' of himself, even when it isn't.

When he's not having to talk about himself, he's actually one of the better and more insightful pundits.

So basically when he keeps his gob shut, I agree.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:04 am

He's got a froch type cringeworthyness when discussing himself

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:34 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:Thats true derby but i wouldnt be suprised if it was him who started it hes the sort of guy who could start a row in an empty room
Know him well do you? Or just mouthing off based on a few clips of him promoting a fight?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:41 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:I'm a fan to be honest Wheely, think he's a passionate guy and he gets himself a bit worked up at times but would like to see some more info on this before slating him.

You are taking this way too seriously lol

Bit like you and theories eh Wink

Hug

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:42 am

Bellew was a good poster on the boxing forums and was level headed. He threw out good insights on the game.

He's a totally different animal in the run up to a fight where he looks at times to be out of control.

At the back of it all he's a decent lad and does a lot of good for his community.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:45 am

Strongback wrote:Bellew was a good poster on the boxing forums and was level headed. He threw out good insights on the game.

He's a totally different animal in the run up to a fight where he looks at times to be out of control.

At the back of it all he's a decent lad and does a lot of good for his community.
Agree. I think judging someone on a few moments under pressure and adrenaline is a bit much. Spoken to him a few times and he's always taken the time and been sensible and polite.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:36 pm

Tony Bellew is far too REAL for the world of acting. Nobody can handle how fresh and real Bellew is. Not even Tony Bellew.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:39 pm

Film sets can be pressurised places......... Hanging around p**s bored all day waiting to do your job and then maybe some p**ck can't hit his marks or get his lines right...

Or there is trouble with the lighting etc.......18 hour days.........

It's no big deal.....People fall out on sets all the time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:45 pm

Chris appraisal of Bellew is pretty spot on for me. Can be levelled at Froch as well, word for word.

Not my type of person but can't hate the guy. Not a popularity contest anyway.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:49 pm

Even though Bellew has got a wife and 3 kids to feed...I hope he gets the sack

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:58 pm

I think Bellew, like Froch, has a knack of talking absolute sh1t but under the guise of being a straight shooter and down to earth real life character. Seems like Bellew thinks his opinion is so real and genuine and that he is such a straight shooter that anyone who disagrees with it is by extension questioning his honesty, intellegince and integrity.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:01 pm

catchweight wrote:Seems like Bellew thinks his opinion is so real and genuine and that he is such a straight shooter that anyone who disagrees with it is by extension questioning his honesty, intellegince and integrity.
Or maybe he is just a total knob

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:04 pm

Froch is a total nob. Is Bellew? Im not sure. He acts like a total nob a lot of the time but I find it easier to believe he is not a total nob than Froch anyway.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:16 pm

To be fair...apart from his total and utter hatred for Nathan Cleverly and people who have maths degrees...Bellew is normally contemplative of other fighters where as Froch who is slimey piece of a knob never has anything good to say about anyone except himself so Bellew ain't as bad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:27 pm

Its possible to come across as a great guy most of the time and have a nasty streak. It's also possible to act like an a*se in the run up to a fight without actually being one.

I don't know the guy, never met him, don't have a firm opinion on which if either category he fits into. Like froch he's definitely less painful when he's not talking about himself. I do wish he'd back his lip up with performances to match though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm

I've heard on good authority when he was a young man everyone was scared stiff of him, make of that what you will. Personally, I like the fella.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down