The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 results

3 posters

Go down

Week 2 results Empty Week 2 results

Post by Marky Wed 4 Feb - 21:30

PAOK v Bordeaux

PAOK tactics;
Spoiler:

Bordeaux tactics;
Spoiler:

Both sides were strong for today's game, I felt both would score goals despite strong presences in midfield, both sides have great attackers and it led to a very entertaining score draw. Cannot separate the sides, I feel Bordeaux will be happier as they are missing Alonso but in Brahimi and Narsingh out wide they have players who create chances for Aguero. PAOK have gamechangers in Robben and Mandzukic and even the Bordeaux defence can't keep them quiet. Sometimes teams just cancel each other out.

PAOK 2-2 Bordeaux
(Robben, Mandzukic) (Aguero x2)

-----------------

Bremen v Genk

Bremen tactics;
Spoiler:

Genk tactics;
Spoiler:

I think the midfield battle was a lot closer than I expected it to be, with Rode/Maher/Gundogan against Mavuba/Lampard/Diame I'd even suggest Bremen won the midfield battle. However going forward I felt Genk's superior attacking options created more opportunities, even though Bremen had more possession and a better defence and midfield, they were unable to capitalise on these advantages to earn the win. Genk on the other hand need to improve their defence if they're to launch a title challenge. It's a tough draw on Bremen who probably edged it but the Genk quality upfront saved them from defeat, something Bremen need to work on.

Bremen 1-1 Genk
(Maher) (Ibrahimovic)

-----------------

Twente v Verona

Twente tactics;
Spoiler:

Verona tactics;
Spoiler:

As Verona didn't show up, Twente get the default win, despite posting tactics that didn't include a teamsheet. Those Austrian drug fuelled threesomes must be getting to him.

Twente 2-0 Verona
(Calhanoglu, Tevez)

-----------------

Basel v Granada

Basel tactics;
Spoiler:

Granada tactics;
Spoiler:

I felt the system of Basel worked well for them, 4-2-3-1 is becoming a bit generic but it's the best system for the Basel players, and on the flip side I'm not a fan of Granada's 3-3-3-1, I don't mind seeing new systems but I felt Xavi was too advanced and Sanchez out of position behind the striker when he's a winger or striker in my opinion. It led to Basel taking the lead through Adriano, and Granada's gamechangers were being neutralized. Despite Basel changing to a 5-4-1 to hang on for the win, I felt Granada were much better balanced when they went 4-4-2, and got their reward through Kane. A 1-1 draw was the outcome, but points dropped for Granada who had the players to win but didn't have the gameplan to match.

Basel 1-1 Granada
(Adriano) (Kane)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Week 2 results Empty Re: Week 2 results

Post by Azzy Thu 5 Feb - 0:43

Sanchez has played half the season for Arsenal behind Giroud. Just saying. Congrats to FL though Week 2 results 3559488474

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 5 Feb - 0:52

TheSecondComing wrote:Sanchez has played half the season for Arsenal behind Giroud. Just saying. Congrats to FL though Week 2 results 3559488474

You mean Alexis Sanchez, that player who's been playing RW all season for Arsenal? While Ozil/Ramsey play centrally? Him?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 5 Feb - 1:02

Marky wrote:
TheSecondComing wrote:Sanchez has played half the season for Arsenal behind Giroud. Just saying. Congrats to FL though Week 2 results 3559488474

You mean Alexis Sanchez, that player who's been playing RW all season for Arsenal? While Ozil/Ramsey play centrally? Him?

You mean LW right Whistle League & CL/Fa Cup
LW: 11
RW: 9
CF:5
AM/SS: 3

He started off on the RW then Ozil got fit and turned out he was better LW

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 5 Feb - 1:08

Still, a winger. Every time I've seen any line-up for a live Arsenal game he's been RW.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 5 Feb - 1:11

Well then you've not seen us recently Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 5 Feb - 1:32

Regardless of where his 'official' position is, Sanchez regularly sits centrally, and has scored quite a few goals from central too. He's so far from a bog-standard winger as you can get. It's like saying Phil Neville was a LB.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 5 Feb - 1:40

Still think he's wasted behind the striker.

Unfortunately my opinion doesn't count when it comes to results, oh wait, hang on...

"This just in"

It does.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 5 Feb - 2:11

Haha, you got me there. Fair play kiss

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content