The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Ever Smackdown Query

3 posters

Go down

First Ever Smackdown Query Empty First Ever Smackdown Query

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 15 Jan 2015, 11:09 pm

Okay now I'm confused. I always remember the first ever episode of Smackdown being Triple H v The Rock for the WWE title with Shawn Michaels as the referee. Michaels ends up screwing The Rock.

So now I have the Network (awesome by the way) and on it they have a series called The 12 Days Of Attitude which is random episodes of Raw and Smackdown from the Attitude Era which you can watch in their entirety. The first one claimed to be the pilot episode of Smackdown. First off the commentators never once mention it being the first episode so it has to be a mistake on the WWEs part. But that doesn't clear the confusion.

What I am watching is definitely an episode of Smackdown. Even though the ropes are red and there is no Ovaltron the show starts with the original Smackdown theme tune and commentators Cole and Cornette refer to it as Smackdown. But in this episode we see the formation of the Corporate Ministry. The main event pits Triple H and The Undertaker against Steve Austin and The Rock who has just started his face turn.

Triple H has not long turned on DX, is part of The Corporation and is wearing tights. He hasn't even won the WWE title yet. Yet on the episode which I always remember to be the Smackdown debut, he is defending the WWE title and is wearing trunks.

Someone please explain to me what is going on cuz I think I may be going mad. Have I always been wrong? Was Smackdown running before Triple H v The Rock with Michaels? If I am right though how the hell do you explain this other episode which is definitely Smackdown and definitely happened before the other one?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

First Ever Smackdown Query Empty Re: First Ever Smackdown Query

Post by Fernando Thu 15 Jan 2015, 11:46 pm

Yes you have always been wrong Laugh

That SD was a TNA Style One Night Special done right. I believe it was 4-5 months later that SD started running as a weekly series... OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat 17 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

Ah okay now that makes sense. It's amazing the stuff I have completely forgotten about.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sun 18 Jan 2015, 4:58 pm

I think it was in late April 1999, it was just after Backlash. The Ministry and the Corporation had just joined forces and the main event was Austin and Rock vs Triple H and Undertaker if I remember correctly.

I think it was also the night the Hardy Boys debuted as a main roster act (they'd previously been jobbers).

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

Yes correct although I can't remember if the Hardy Boyz were on it or not.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down