The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-Ecclestone Years

3 posters

Go down

Post-Ecclestone Years Empty Post-Ecclestone Years

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:38 pm

This topic I set up as I muse about what direction F1 will head in once the Ecclestone years are over. Yes I know he still has firm control but at most has five to ten years (max) in charge. So when he departs which direction will the sport go and which way should it go?

Well, of course, it depends on who then holds the rights to the sport. If it is someone of Bernie's choosing and with Bernie's ethics then I despair as for many years now F1 has become dreary and predictable and largely dominated by one team. Things have to be shaken up completely with new ideas, new innovations and new incentives. For all of these to come about it will need a completely new name in charge from outside Bernie's circle of friends. Hopefully, they will really freshen things up and run the sport more for the fans and less as a profit-making business for themselves. I would like to see more innovations allowed - say one innovation per team per season allowed but to do this the stringent regulations for car design would need to be open to these innovations. It would also be great if more marque names in the world of motoring came on board and the financial issues sorted to allow new teams come in and grow without billions of pounds being needed.

What would you like to see happen to F1 in the post-Ecclestone years?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post-Ecclestone Years Empty Re: Post-Ecclestone Years

Post by bogbrush Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Which "one team" has been dominating the sport for "many years"?

As for the rest, it's fantasy. The sport has never, ever, existed for the fans. It's always been by the participants, for the participants. Exactly like every other sport that's ever existed.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:22 am

Where did I say it was dominated by any one team - or just to clarify I mean it has been dominated by one team over a season with different teams being dominant forces. This year it was Mercedes, before that it was Red Bull, Brawn had a season of domination, we had the Ferrari dominant years before that and prior to that we had a period of McLaren domination.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:06 am

Anyway enough about that and back to thinking about what lies ahead for F1 once BE has gone.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:15 am

Because F1 never used to have seasons dominated by one team?

Ah for the old days. Like when the first 7 races were won by different drivers and the championship went down to the last race way back in...... er............ 2012.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:05 am

Close your eyes all you want but it wont change things. Ask F1 fans if they are happy with the path F1 is on just now and I think you will get a categorical answer. Ask teams and well you will find unrest as well over various issues - heck in recent years we have even had talk of a full blown breakaway. But lets stick to the original topic of the thread - if that is possible bb.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Yeah, let's ignore facts and press the thread reset button so you can kill a line of discussion that showed your argument was based on fantasy.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:43 pm

bogbrush wrote:Yeah, let's ignore facts and press the thread reset button so you can kill a line of discussion that showed your argument was based on fantasy.

Not at all. I posted up a topic to discuss F1's future once BE has gone so air your views on that or if the topic holds no interest whatsoever to you then why bother posting on it?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:33 pm

I posted to point out the embarrassing and glaring errors of fact running through your article. If you think that's off topic then fine, but honestly all it did was show that the foundations of your arguments are sand.

After he goes? Try to carry on as he has, which would mean the sport would become more popular, more well adapted to current realities. Just carry on.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:03 pm

I just hope we get someone in charge who is more of a fan than an egomaniacal, dictatorial businessman.

Someone who doesn't hold teams and circuits to ransom by jacking up entry costs etc. or try to pit teams against each other with bribes or secret deals, playing the old "divide and conquer" game.

Someone who knows better than to stick their nose into the rules and regs, coming up with idiotic suggestions to make it more "fan friendly".

Someone who doens't insist all the teams use their private freight company to transport their equipment around the world and charge them for it.

Someone who will make a serious attempt at reducing the overall cost of the sport, both to the teams and the fans.

Finally, someone who isn't a miserable old b*****d who doesn't mind talking to the media, actually smiles once in a while and who actually makes interesting and meaningful statements.

Oh and FINALLY finally, someone who is above doing dodgy deals with bankers in order to swell their own bank accounts.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down