The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last trailer I watched thread

+8
seanmichaels
trottb
Pal Joey
Stella
Hero
JDizzle
Galted
The Saint
12 posters

Go down

The last trailer I watched thread Empty The last trailer I watched thread

Post by The Saint Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm

Thought I'd give this idea a go, it kind of gives us a single thread for discussing new movies.

What movie trailer did you last see? Discuss how it builds high/low expectations for you and how well you believe the film will do at the box office.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

The last trailer I watched thread Empty Re: The last trailer I watched thread

Post by The Saint Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:22 pm

Jurassic World.

Old director on board at some capacity but it still isn't clear to me whether it is a reboot or a follow-on of the originals. At the moment it's getting a thumbs down from me, maybe because I'm still mesmerised by the first Jurassic Park movie. It will no doubt smash the US and UK box office though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:56 am

Jurassic World for me as well.  It's bound to be total sh1te but it doesn't matter because it has dinosaurs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 28 Nov 2014, 5:05 pm

The first teaser trailer for the new Star Wars came out today (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE). Gives nothing away, as you'd expect given the movie is still a year away, but has already got me quite excited...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 28 Nov 2014, 6:28 pm

JDizzle I haven't been interested in Star Wars for a while, though I did like them a lot when I was young. This trailer did kind of rekindle it for me, and with the former cast on board you can't go far wrong!

Also saw 'pan' trailer recently, not sure what to think of that.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 28 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm

Now seen the Star Wars trailer five times. Please be like the originals rather than prequels!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 28 Nov 2014, 7:43 pm

I can't wait for it. Love the originals and from what I've read, JJ Abrams has gone back to minimal CGI in a hope to get the spirit of the originals. He did a good job on the two Star Treks as well, so I'm hopeful!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 28 Nov 2014, 7:47 pm

One thing I noticed about the trailer was that it looked dirty, I don't know if that makes sense but the originals had that dirty feel, the universe was full of cobbled together things, the droids didn't quite work, the spaceships were half broken and tatty. The prequels felt more clean, all new and shiny and it just never felt right (not even mentioning Jar Jar etc)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 28 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm

The Storm Troopers helmets look retro too, like they did in the originals. In the prequels they looked like something out of a video game.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 02 Dec 2014, 2:58 pm

Hero wrote:One thing I noticed about the trailer was that it looked dirty, I don't know if that makes sense but the originals had that dirty feel, the universe was full of cobbled together things, the droids didn't quite work, the spaceships were half broken and tatty. The prequels felt more clean, all new and shiny and it just never felt right (not even mentioning Jar Jar etc)

Those x-wings looked like that had been in a battle didn't they. I agree, everything was too shiny shiny in episodes I, II, III.

The teaser trailer is f...ing awesome.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 31 Dec 2014, 5:55 am

I have a gut feeling Sony wasn't hacked at all by North Koreans.
It must be very hard to authentically verify such a thing. I believe it was all made up.

It's all a "clever" ploy to get The Interview trailer into mass circulation before the release. We were relentlessly inundated by the trailer in the week or so leading up to Christmas.

At first it was going to be withdrawn (dangling the carrot to build up interest) and then all of a sudden it was going to be released after all. They even managed to get Obama involved in the rort. Anyone else notice the whole timing of this "incident"? They must think we are all phucking idiots.

Has anyone actually seen it yet?

It's not something I'd go out of my way to watch in a cinema but maybe in a few years it would be worth a cheap chuckle when it's on mainstream TV.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 31 Dec 2014, 9:41 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:I have a gut feeling Sony wasn't hacked at all by North Koreans.
It must be very hard to authentically verify such a thing. I believe it was all made up.

It's all a "clever" ploy to get The Interview trailer into mass circulation before the release. We were relentlessly inundated by the trailer in the week or so leading up to Christmas.

At first it was going to be withdrawn (dangling the carrot to build up interest) and then all of a sudden it was going to be released after all. They even managed to get Obama involved in the rort. Anyone else notice the whole timing of this "incident"? They must think we are all phucking idiots.

Has anyone actually seen it yet?

It's not something I'd go out of my way to watch in a cinema but maybe in a few years it would be worth a cheap chuckle when it's on mainstream TV.

And no doubt they will make another movie about "the hack" too.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 31 Dec 2014, 11:09 am

Yes trotty, I bet it will be called The 2nd Interview.... or possibly even Interview II: Unfinished Business.

They obviously wouldn't/couldn't kill off KJ-u.... could they? He'd be even more ropable!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 31 Dec 2014, 4:06 pm

If it 'stars' Seth Rogen then I have no interest. There's a new Mad Max trailer with more footage though. Thought that would be more up your street Dog!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 02 Jan 2015, 1:54 pm

Stella wrote:
Hero wrote:One thing I noticed about the trailer was that it looked dirty, I don't know if that makes sense but the originals had that dirty feel, the universe was full of cobbled together things, the droids didn't quite work, the spaceships were half broken and tatty. The prequels felt more clean, all new and shiny and it just never felt right (not even mentioning Jar Jar etc)

Those x-wings looked like that had been in a battle didn't they. I agree, everything was too shiny shiny in episodes I, II, III.

The teaser trailer is f...ing awesome.

I think it was deliberate ploy to make everything pre-empire shiny and new. Read somewhere it was supposed to be indicative of rennaissance times moving into the newly industrialised world (industrial revolution)

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 02 Jan 2015, 6:25 pm

Keep seeing the trailer for Foxcatcher. Looks like a good film and knowing the story it's based on, I'll certainly go and see it. Seems to be quite highly rated by the critics, with even Channing Tatum getting good reviews!

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jan 2015, 2:22 pm

AMERICAN SNIPER - Looks an interesting premise even though Clint Eastwood is directing. Not to say Eastwood hasn't down a fine job in the past but something tells me this could very well be a dog's dinner of a movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 08 Jan 2015, 10:02 am

Ant-Man - Not sure what it's going to be like (Comedy or serious and Dark).  The trailer has a mix of both and doesn't have the big feel like the other Marvel films.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:11 am

For Ant-Man they've tried to make it look as epic as possible with that trailer, but it's just not working. It's going to be up there with Sharknado alright.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 13 Jan 2015, 7:23 am

New Age of Ultron - looks good

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Wed 28 Jan 2015, 1:01 pm

New 'Fantastic four' teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA&x-yt-ts=1422327029&x-yt-cl=84838260

Think it's trying to be "Man of Steel" and Nolan's Batman tone. Definitely different to the earlier version of F4 and also changed the characters as well and their origins.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 30 Jan 2015, 3:34 am

hornbloweroafc wrote:New 'Fantastic four' teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA&x-yt-ts=1422327029&x-yt-cl=84838260

Think it's trying to be "Man of Steel" and Nolan's Batman tone.  Definitely different to the earlier version of F4 and also changed the characters as well and their origins.

Watched this one too. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Looks very promising.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 03 Feb 2015, 7:53 pm

Haven't long seen that F4 trailer. Looks lame. Why are they remaking it again? Changing the origins very rarely goes down well with the comic book fans, which is probably quite a share of the fan base. Saying that, x-men did pretty well.

I also seen the 'new' Jurassic World trailer. It reinforces my view that I'm not going to enjoy this movie, a movie that has attempted to cherry-pick the best bits from the Jurassic Park trilogy and modify them. Come on, we've already seen the intelligent raptors and dinosaurs escaping. Think of something new!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 08 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm

Poltergeist - this new one looks scary as sh*t. It would have to be though, just to live up to the standards made by the original.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:48 pm

Just been to see Kingsmen

Before it they had three trailers

Fantastic 4 - not for me, wasnt a fan of the others and this doesnt look great either

Avengers - hadnt seen this new trailer...so psyched for April now though. Looks ace

Chappie - this looks interesting, liked district 9 and hated Elysium so hoping Neil Blomkamp (however its spelt) has got back on track with this one

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 09 Feb 2015, 7:51 am

I saw the trailers for focus (will smith hustle picture) me project almanac which looks interesting.

I haven't seen the butterfly effect but looks like a reworking of that premise.

I would happily watch either film right now.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down