The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would Froch have to do...

+12
kingraf
Coxy001
milkyboy
TopHat24/7
The Boss
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
tunes666
88Chris05
catchweight
John Bloody Wayne
SugarRayBray
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What would Froch have to do... - Page 2 Empty What would Froch have to do...

Post by SugarRayBray Thu 20 Nov 2014, 9:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

for people to be satisfied that he has beaten Groves fair and square? Okay, we all know about the first fight, and the controversy has been discussed to exhaustion. He knocked Groves cold in the rematch and I have just watched an interview with Groves (with iFilm TV) where he states that Froch has been lucky twice and he landed a punch "from the gods" to knock him out. He also went on to say he would knock Froch out in the rematch. A lot of Groves's fans share these sentiments, so I ask you this: what would Froch have to do to get a legitimate win. A unanimous points win? A sustained beating? What?!

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

What would Froch have to do... - Page 2 Empty Re: What would Froch have to do...

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Nov 2014, 4:41 pm

milkyboy wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Maybe the fight looked different on tv, but live I had GG ahead going into the 8th of FG-II with FG-I even clearer.

I had it even, many across the pond had groves well up. Jim watt and his yes man halling had froch pitching a shut out.

Even? After 7 rounds and know kd??

Never heard of a 10-10 round toppy?

Not one being awarded......

Though admittedly I've given it myself.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

What would Froch have to do... - Page 2 Empty Re: What would Froch have to do...

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2014, 4:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Thing is Mate...........Froch would have been level or better on the cards had Groves survived with a 10-8 round...

He was taking over the fight............So I can't see how Groves wins anyway........

Froch was robbed of a clean win If anything.
Everyone was robbed of a decisive win in that first fight. Irrespective of the cards, Froch was getting an absolute hammering and yes he comes on strong blah blah blah but a weary legged Kessler has him all over the shop a few fights earlier. What MIGHT Groves have done?

Look at Manila, Ali wins the first five then Frazier storms back...people think there's no way Ali survives then he turns the tables again. Got a mate who watched the fight on video and to this day he still can't believe Ali wins!!!!!

Ward/Gatti, Castillo/Corrales all had to and fro rounds...who's to say Froch Groves wasn't another?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 21 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

The balance of probability suggests that Groves had shot his bolt in the first fight and was tiring, the examples you've given Dave are all fighters renowned for their fighting heart.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

i'm not the one suggesting a robbery...Just pointing out If Groves can make that case so can Froch !!!.....

The consensus seems to think Groves was perfectly okay and would waltz to a decision..

That's baloney...He was in big trouble.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Nov 2014, 4:55 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The balance of probability suggests that Groves had shot his bolt in the first fight and was tiring, the examples you've given Dave are all fighters renowned for their fighting heart.
So Groves doesn't have heart then? Heard it all now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 21 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm

On the level of those you mentioned I doubt it, they have a proven track record for resilience and toughness.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 21 Nov 2014, 6:02 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Just going off topic for a sec...

Hannah from S club 7.

looking HOT AND SHE'S 33!

never noticed her before but now I would..

Forget Spearritt. Tina Barrett. That bod! Oooof! heart

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2