The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conservatives and Labour struggling - No one wants to win GE2015 !!

+7
Lowlandbrit
Derbymanc
TopHat24/7
Adam D
Duty281
Hero
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Conservatives and Labour struggling - No one wants to win GE2015 !! Empty Conservatives and Labour struggling - No one wants to win GE2015 !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:57 am

Labour have died and been buried in Scotland............22 points behind the SNP who could gain 20 seats...all moans and groans about Miliband and down to 31% in the polls and the Lib firewall in tatters..

Tories have lost two safe seats to UKIP with maybe more MPs following their lead..........and stuck on 31% too as the Greens and UKIP are gaining from Labour's fall in England.............

Labour can't unite behind Ed....................and the Tories can't unite over europe !!

Who knows what's going to happen.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Conservatives and Labour struggling - No one wants to win GE2015 !! Empty Re: Conservatives and Labour struggling - No one wants to win GE2015 !!

Post by Hero Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:02 am

It's a bit embarrassing for Labour when their leader gets pulled apart on tax questions by a former member of HearSay.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Conservatives and Labour struggling - No one wants to win GE2015 !! Empty Re: Conservatives and Labour struggling - No one wants to win GE2015 !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:10 am

Most people think she's a spoilt brat...You've been reading The Mail......

The Daily record did a poll who agreed with who...........Klass - 14%........Miliband 86%

2 million pounds buys a garage.....I mean come on !!

But he should have dealt with her ignorance better..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:17 am

Scottish voters are in the majority for a tax on the highest earners.

Well strike me down with a feather on that groundbreaking news.

For me the issue wasn't the content or context of the argument, simply that someone who wishes to become the political leader of the country was talked down and couldn't reply to a former popstar.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:38 am

Hero wrote:Scottish voters are in the majority for a tax on the highest earners.

Well strike me down with a feather on that groundbreaking news.

For me the issue wasn't the content or context of the argument, simply that someone who wishes to become the political leader of the country was talked down and couldn't reply to a former popstar.

Because she kept being rude and interrupting..........

Not a Miliband fan but what is he supposed to do say "Shut up B**ch....."

Fact is only the Mail and Telegraph think she isn't a spoilt out of touch girl..............and they aren't biased are they ??

Mansion tax has a majority supporting it according to Yougov.......It's a good policy !

Those who oppose it aren't likely to support Labour...........anyway.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:57 am

I love Ed Miliband as Labour party leader: no chance of them winning an election with him at the helm! Approval rating at a new record low, I believe, even worse than Michael Foot.

And UKIP will march on, and on, and on a bit more. I reckon they will have more than ten seats after the General Election if their momentum continues at the current rate.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:51 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2842783/Labour-MP-accused-outrageous-snobbery-tweeting-photo-remarkable-house-flying-St-George-s-flags.html#article-2842783

Oh dear, someone tell this Labour MP what the difference is between a British flag and an English one.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:04 pm

Wow. That escalated quickly.

Even now, I'm still struging to see what she did that was so offensive! People will moan at anything these days it would appear.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Most people think she's a spoilt brat...You've been reading The Mail......

The Daily record did a poll who agreed with who...........Klass - 14%........Miliband 86%

2 million pounds buys a garage.....I mean come on !!

But he should have dealt with her ignorance better..

Not at all. Klass got a massive following and support came from a diverse range of papers including the Independent and even the Guardian.

She made Red Ed look a complete and utter fool and simply pointed out that he has no clue about tax affairs or how best to sort problems out.

You may as well just tax me on this glass of water. You can’t just point at things and tax them

Being pretty much the quote that summarised the debate.

Agree with the OP in all other respects though.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:42 pm

The mansion tax is a truly awful and utterly ignorant policy, as well as being a total misnomer.

Labour would be better off doing a u-turn as the Tories did with the so called 'pasty tax'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Adam D wrote:Wow. That escalated quickly.

Even now, I'm still struging to see what she did that was so offensive! People will moan at anything these days it would appear.

Basically she linked the working class (a group her party are meant to represent) with a kind of racist ignorant neanderthal group of 'patriots'.

Frankly I can see where she's coming from with her tweet, but I'm voting Tory so it's not an issue for me!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Not a bad result for the Tories yesterday.........Enough for them to keep others from disappearing to the purple side.....

and of course the added bonus of a silly lady changing the headlines..

Ed doesn't need people like her..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Do you think? I know UKIP didn't take it by a massive margin, but I still think it was a bit of a kick in the teeth - esp. given DC effectively spear-headed the campaign.

As you say in the OP, both Labour and Tories are all at sea.

And as you say above, thank God (from a Tory perspective) of the Labour MP's PR gaffe. That's taken some of the heat off.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Carswell was helped by the fact he was a well known figure on TV and a high profile local MP.....Reckless is considerd a loon....

He'll be gone in 2015 ...........Don't think the Tories negative campaigning helped them, Toppy....Slagging a guy for going to Oxford when most of the cabinet went there didn't help !!

Works in America negative stuff but over here in fairness to the majority of Brits they prefer fairplay..

The joys of having a more than two party system. Wish we had more back home.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Carswell was helped by the fact he was a well known figure on TV and a high profile local MP.....Reckless is considerd a loon....

Agree, again.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:58 am

Are you two feeling alright today Wink

Think Labour are really starting to lose their grip now. Ed's not engaging at all and I just can't trust in anything he says.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:31 am

The current Labour leadership just seems to have a supernatural power for turning good news sour. I mean, they found a tape of a lord saying disabled people shouldn't have to be paid the minimum wage, and somehow managed to rally the general public to defend him. It's like one of those sitcom episodes where they win the lottery but lose the ticket. All they had to do was keep quiet and let the spotlight move to the Tories' problems, but instead they give the newspaper editors a by-election story they don't need to wait all night for.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:57 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Yes, to be honest saying that would have not done him that much harm. If nothing else it would have shown some backbone and passion. She was talking out of her arse, her argument had nothing behind it other than lazy self interest. He is brighter than her, understands the issue better than her and his a more experienced political debater and orator than her. He should have shut her up and exposed her argument as the fatuous, selfish drivel it quite clearly was.

He does that he looks at worst an intellectual bully and a bit rude, but a bloke of passion and fire, as it stands at the minute he looks like a bloke who cannot hold his own in a debate with the fit one from Hearsay.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:01 am

Most neutrals thought he did ok...

But more passion is needed..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Most neutrals thought he did ok...

Pulled that little factoid out you @rse!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Rowley wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Yes, to be honest saying that would have not done him that much harm. If nothing else it would have shown some backbone and passion. She was talking out of her arse, her argument had nothing behind it other than lazy self interest. He is brighter than her, understands the issue better than her and his a more experienced political debater and orator than her. He should have shut her up and exposed her argument as the fatuous, selfish drivel it quite clearly was.

He does that he looks at worst an intellectual bully and a bit rude, but a bloke of passion and fire, as it stands at the minute he looks like a bloke who cannot hold his own in a debate with the fit one from Hearsay.

Is he?

She's not some dim-witted tart of a popstar. Maybe you should do your research a little before spouting off (feel a pot-kettle-black moment coming on here....).

She's a welll educated, classically trained pianist & violinist and graduate of the Royal Academy of Music.

Her comment about buying a £2m garage was silly, and a little insidious, and where Ed should have had the balls to shout her down, but she was otherwise bang on the money and her arguments (hence the extensive support) were not half as fatuous as you seen keen to make out. In particular her critique of targetting people with minimal income/means to actually pay such a tax.

A mansion tax would never affect me, I will almost certainly never live somewhere worth £2m+, however I can still see through such a ridiculous and ill-thought-out pernicious policy.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:23 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Toppy "Labour caused the recession".......

Superfly "No they didn't"..

Toppy "I was half joking".....

That little gem is on another thread.

Only Mail and Telegraph readers thought she won...

Rest don't have much time with multimillionaires complaining about being taxed believe it or not.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:55 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

That little gem is on another thread.  

Only Mail and Telegraph readers thought she won...

Got a 'poll' to back that up, big guy??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:07 am

Daily record...16% thought Klass came out best...That's one...

I'm working class always will be even though I'm regarded as middle class...by the system.....Where I live I'm regards as a walking Tory vote...

But her house is four times the price of mine..

There isn't a lot of sympathy for self serving multi- millionnaires be it here or back home..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:08 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Your best offer is a SCOTTISH PAPER??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:14 am

You asked for a poll...Never said it was my best..

Pretend I'm Superfly and suck up to me..

"Labour caused the recession".."I was only half joking Super"...

Geez !!!..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:16 am

That wasn't sucking up, it's called accepting you mis-spoke.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:18 am

Calm down kiddo.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:40 am

I'm hoping Leanne Wood and Plaid Cymru get to kick the Red Tories out of South Wales. Probably not though. For some reason it's a staunch Labour area. Don't know why when they do naff all for us. Leanne is getting very popular in Wales so who knows. YMLAEN

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:25 am

Truss, I know how much you love polls, so have you seen the latest one courtesy of YouGov?

Conservatives and Labour on 32% each. UKIP 17%. Greens edging out Lib Dems by a single point.

Anyone for a Tory/UKIP coalition? Whistle

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:53 am

Ukip this week are you...

Hard to keep up !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:00 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Ukip this week are you...

Hard to keep up !!
He's young Truss and changes his tune more times than my brand new state of the art digital radio. We were all like the kid back then

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:25 am

Gay and spending all your time in libraries ??..

Yes I bet you were like Duty..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:38 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Gay and spending all your time in libraries ??..

Yes I bet you were like Duty..
Never actually indulged (or should that read inbulged) but I captured the metro sexual look pretty good. Never really spend much time in libraries until I went back to Uni at 30

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Ukip this week are you...

Hard to keep up !!

UKIP. Till 2015. Then we shall see!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Was hoping Farage's silly M4 comments would cause UKIP to take a hit in the polls.....

Still hoping plastic UKIPers will bottle it at the polling booth and go Tory on the day....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Think Farage needs to be careful, what with stating they should all be paid more and now blaming stupid crap on immigrants he's gonna lose support.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:20 pm

Fingers crossed, Derby.... Fingers Crossed

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:43 pm

I've lost faith in just about all parties at the moment. You've got conservative herberts saying that people don't know how to cook. Labour thinking letting kids vote will make the country better. Farage spouting stupid crap oh and MP's playing games when they're supposed to be working.

Not a single MP has any clue on how the lower/working class has to live and none of them realise the problems occuring right now (Why are there more food banks needed? erm could it be rising food prices not matching wage rises????)

Once the interest rates rise you'll be able to watch the economies start to collapse again as a Poopie load of people (me included) have to default on their mortgages whereas as little as 2 years ago I could afford a 350 pound rise in a month, i'm now fooked.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Think Farage needs to be careful, what with stating they should all be paid more and now blaming stupid crap on immigrants he's gonna lose support.

With the EU demanding another £420 million from the United Kingdom for the 2015 budget, on top of how much we already give them, there is only one way his support is going.

Funny how that little story is so difficult to find on news sites like the Times and the BBC.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Problem is Duty, that with Farage coming out with stupid comments like that it completely undermines the other issues with Europe that are going on.

The EU will always be a drain on economics, just as the house of lords is (brilliant story this week on how they refused to share catering costs as the champagne might be changed to sparkling wine, d!ckeads)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Farage's party comes out with crap all the time...

Two things going for him though...The first is he's inherited the Lib dem protest vote...The second plenty of people think the three main parties are crap and policy wise too similar..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:28 pm

Truss - interested in a Yank viewpoint on Derby's second para:

Do you think we'd be better off with an elected Upper House, like the US has with the Senate?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Farage's party comes out with crap all the time...

Two things going for him though...The first is he's inherited the Lib dem protest vote...The second plenty of people think the three main parties are crap and policy wise too similar..

And he has the votes of up to two million ex-Tories (according to the Telegraph)...oh and the whole exit-from-the-European-Union thing appears to have struck a chord with some.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:03 pm

Prefer the Senate to the House of reps..As they are fairly represented per State....The house of reps is filled on Population size so you can have 50 members from a big state and just one or two from a small one..

No two chambers generally leads to gridlock, blackmail,bribery and an eternal lifetime to get things done...Also leads to a colossal bill for the taxpayer and after that you have State intervention, delaying motion and of course the Presidential veto..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Not a fan of the House of Lords, who's in there, how it operates etc.

Would like greater accountability and think an elected upper chamber would be a step in the right direction.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm

I have no doubt this will become a point scorer in months to come.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30397329

Can't say it bothers me. The NHS needs private investment. Just wish more of it existed in acute trusts.

I did read that 71% of NHS staff are admin. I would like to see a government tackle that area.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm

It's a close one between corporate puppet neo liberal party 1 and corporate puppet neo liberal party 2 alright.

Unless you are part of the 1% then it's bit like choosing between the electric chair and the gas chamber.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm not part of the 1%, and never will be, but it's still fairly clear cut to me. Only one party seems interested in similar policy ideas to which I'd like to see followed. The only other credible party are doing quite a lot contrary to what I'd like to see - and would damage me personally, even outside the fabelled 1%.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I have no doubt this will become a point scorer in months to come.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30397329

Can't say it bothers me. The NHS needs private investment. Just wish more of it existed in acute trusts.

I did read that 71% of NHS staff are admin. I would like to see a government tackle that area.

Yeah, proper political football. The Tories will say it's sourcing much needed investment and from a source other than taxpayer pockets, Labour will say it's privatisation by the back door which is a very sensitive subject for many (me included, even as someone likely to vote Tory).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next