The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lines you use from the Movies in every day life !!

+11
super_realist
compelling and rich
kingraf
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
Mr Bounce
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
incontinentia
Adam D
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

Lines you use from the Movies in every day life !! Empty Lines you use from the Movies in every day life !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:26 am

My favorite line of all time is by Palmer out of The Thing...................He's just seen a body open up and snap off Doc Copper's hands and The Thing's head snap off imitation Norton and turn into a Spider...........and he deadpan's out as cool as you like........

"You've got to be F**kin kiddin me"........

When anything goes wrong which tends to be quite often.................Always use this line..........Comes out naturally these days !!

Love it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Lines you use from the Movies in every day life !! Empty Re: Lines you use from the Movies in every day life !!

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:43 am

In "The Fisher King" there's a scene where Jeff Bridges is working in a store that rents adult films and there's a spoof of "Ordinary People". Therefore, occasionally when I walk into the office I will say in tribute to this fake movie "Good morning, hard and hairy peepholes." in such a way that people question if they've heard me correctly.

There's also Robert Duvall's line in "Falling Down" after his Captain congratulates him for killing Michael Douglas and he says, "F*ck you sir, f*ck you very much!"

Back to top Go down

Lines you use from the Movies in every day life !! Empty Re: Lines you use from the Movies in every day life !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:49 am

DAVE667 wrote:

There's also Robert Duvall's line in "Falling Down" after his Captain congratulates him for killing Michael Douglas and he says, "F*ck you sir, f*ck you very much!"

Classic...........

My Wife has a film called... Evil under the Sun...In her DVD collection................Some woman in it turns to her husband and say's "if you were a Man I would divorce you"............She used to chuck that at me quite a lot..... Lines you use from the Movies in every day life !! 3559488474

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:11 am

For the last few weeks, when something has gone wrong at work, I have started to look up to the skies and shout "KHAAAAANNNNNN!!!"

A few others have started too!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:39 am

got majorly drenched by a puddle, while waiting for a bus a while back. then few days later, got drenched while trying to fix a radiator & i accidentally unscrewed the pipe the wrong way. it was a bad week.

anyway, the John McClane line, 'How can the same Poopie happen to the same guy twice? was produced.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:41 am

Remember when Elm Street 3 came out.....There is a scene where the heroine's Mum comes into the bedroom during her dream to see her...As she is consoling her daughter a guy from downstairs shouts up "Elaine where is the bourbon ??"........She doesn't answer him and moments later Freddie with a bow tie comes in, grabs her and screams "I said wheres the F**kin Bourbon !!"....

Went through a phase where I kept saying "Where's the F**kin bourbon !!"......

Good fun..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm

I regularly tell people that their mouths are writing cheques that their bodies can't cash.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:04 pm

incontinentia wrote:I regularly tell people that their mouths are writing cheques that their bodies can't cash.
The guys in Cash Converters often say something similar to the dregs who've come in to pawn their telly...again!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 1:00 pm

incontinentia wrote:I regularly tell people that their mouths are writing cheques that their bodies can't cash.

Cracking line that one....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Nov 2014, 1:09 pm

I quite often use a line from Silence of the Lambs when Mrs Windows wants to talk to me about something. "Ready when you are Sgt. Pembry". It annoys her intensely.

I sometimes use Multiple Miggs line as well. "I can smell your c*nt". That annoys her even more.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 1:19 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I sometimes use Multiple Miggs line as well.  "I can smell your c*nt".  That annoys her even more.

Chivalry isn't dead..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 19 Nov 2014, 1:25 pm

I've paraphrased and regularly use Matthew McConoughey's character's line from Dazed and Confused when talking about the trainees at work.

"I do like them freshman girls. I get older, they stay the same age".

Just change "freshman" for "trainees" and wait for the call from HR.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 2:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:I've paraphrased and regularly use Matthew McConoughey's character's line from Dazed and Confused when talking about the trainees at work.

"I do like them freshman girls.  I get older, they stay the same age".  

Just change "freshman" for "trainees" and wait for the call from HR.  

That's good...........

Remember watching Demolition man and Snipes saying "You're dead Spartan!!" he then launches about a hundred rounds at Sly who comes back with "You forgot to say Simon says"..

Went through a time when someone would ask me to do something and I'd say "You forgot to say simon sezz"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 2:53 pm

Don't you mean "TRUSSMAN sez"?

There's a scene in Hellraiser II when one of the Cenobites is about to kill the mute girl who opened the Laments Configuration Box and Pinhead stops her/it by saying in a deep gravelly voice "NOOOOOOO....WAAAAAIIIITT!!"

I use it on my daughter when she's nagging me for something....it's either that or stringing her up with hooks and chains.

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 19 Nov 2014, 7:06 pm

Surely everyone has at some point during a disagreement, stood up and yelled "you can't handle the truth!" á la Jack Nicholson from A Few Good Men??

With the optional extra of "No truth handler you!" as per Sideshow Bob of The Simpsons.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 19 Nov 2014, 8:01 pm

Mrs B and I quite often use the line used by the Knight in the Last Crusade when something goes wrong: "He chose... poorly".

I also constantly use "Mother pus-bucket!" used by Peter Venkman when the Staypuft Marshmallow man steps on the church. People usually think I am saying something else.

But favourite has to be whenever someone says they'll do their best. I find myself responding with the Sean Connery quote from The Rock: "Your best?! Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen!" Very Happy

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:02 pm

Everytime i hear on tv or when someone say's in person "I'll be right back" i repeat out loud in the style of how it was said in Scream.

40 second mark

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Nov 2014, 3:47 pm

Motherphucker, you can't have my cornbread. That's for damn sure. You try and take my cornbread, Killing Spree, Part 2 gon' begin up in here on your ass. You thinking about my cornbread, better get the taste out your mouth. That's for damn sure.

Ray, chill out...

No, phuck him. Phuck that, 'cause I'm from New York City, goddammit. Nobody take no cornbread from me. That goes for anyone of you motherphucking farmers who wanna start some Poopie. You phuck around with me, there's gonna be consequences and repercussions.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Nov 2014, 3:52 pm

I use the line from the goons in Blind Fury

"Sh!t. F**k. Sh!tfu*k!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Nov 2014, 5:30 pm

Blind Fury...great/sh!t film. I like when Hauer fights the guy at the end, grabs his face and says "Awwww Japanese!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 20 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

Always remember Harrison ford smacking Rutger Hauer with some weapon in Blade runner and Rutger coming back with the line "That's more like it"...

In the early days when I argued with red and she'd start chucking insults out me.....I'd say... "That's more like it"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Nov 2014, 8:10 am

I have a friend named Adrienne. Every time I see her, I shout out "AAAADRIIIEEEEEENNNNEEE" like Balboa. It's great fun.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 01 Dec 2014, 9:20 am

talking football in the pub the other day, cant remember which player we were talking about but the word messiah was mentioned, of course i told him he's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy

whenever a Austrian is mentioned i will also, say good day mate put another shrimp on the barbecue

also use few lines from full metal jacket quite a lot that's aren't very pc, especially when i like someone, i invite them home to meet my sister Shocked

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm

Get to tha choppa.- Predator

You got a light buddy?....and yer wallet.- Crocodile Dundee

Can you play any other tunes (when someone crunches the gears, The Spy Who Loved Me)

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 4:46 pm

super_realist wrote:Get to tha choppa.- Predator

You got a light buddy?....and yer wallet.- Crocodile Dundee

Can you play any other tunes (when someone crunches the gears, The Spy Who Loved Me)
Whenever the kids or wife are dawdling I say in my best/worst Arnie voice, "C'mon....do it, do it now!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Dec 2014, 7:39 pm

Lines used in everyday life. When do you use this, exiting Tesco with the shopping?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 01 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm

Lines you use from the Movies in every day life !! 3926499-4357318576-tumbl

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 02 Dec 2014, 3:19 pm

I used to use the line 'keep it up, keep it up' whenever my legs went a bit jellyfied, during my jogging years. Mickey said this to Rocky, in Rocky II, in the training montage (the best Rocky training montage, by the way).

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 02 Dec 2014, 3:48 pm

John wrote:

Lines used in everyday life. When do you use this, exiting Tesco with the shopping?

No, when someone has to go somewhere - quickly.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 3:52 pm

Went through a phase where I came in from and shouted..

"Wendy.....I'm home"...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 27 Jan 2015, 8:56 am

When people don't say please, I use the Dennis Nedry line from Jurassic Park. The one he says after Samuel L Jackson has tried to hack the computer.

"Ah Ah Ahhh, you didn't say the magic word". I tend to wag my finger at them too. It seems to annoy people!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 27 Jan 2015, 9:16 am

I love the awkward moment when you use a line from a film and the other person doesn't get it! Smile
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm

When my Wife is coming to bed I sometimes use the line from American pie..

"Choir chick !!... What the hell are you doing here !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 27 Jan 2015, 1:16 pm

I annoy my teenage son by popping my head round into his bedroom ala' Leslie Neilsen in Airplane and say 'I just want to say good luck, we're all counting on you'. Usually retorted by me being gay or offering a fight..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015, 1:27 pm

Breadvan wrote:I annoy my teenage son by popping my head round into his bedroom ala' Leslie Neilsen in Airplane and say 'I just want to say good luck, we're all counting on you'. Usually retorted by me being gay or offering a fight..

Sometimes when someone say's surely to me......I say don't call me "Shirley"!! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 1:39 pm

Breadvan wrote:I annoy my teenage son by popping my head round into his bedroom ala' Leslie Neilsen in Airplane and say 'I just want to say good luck, we're all counting on you'. Usually retorted by me being gay or offering a fight..
Sounds like Tina's lad

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 28 Jan 2015, 6:32 pm

airplanes always a classic for lines, shirley line is a usual of mine but didnt work to well when my ex's mother was called shirley, if some one says i cant tell i tell them they can tell me im a doctor, or if hospital and what is it comes up always retort its a big building with patients in it, but nots that not important

or the little girls line, about taking there coffee

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 8:44 am

'PUT THAT COOKIE DOWN....NOW!!'

Usually comes out in work when somebody off another team tries to take out of our biscuit jar without asking first

and although not from a movie....'bygones' tends to get used quite a lot with is a Fishism from Ally McBeal

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm

Ha ha ha.............Don't share an office so I can't use that one....

Film with Bruce Willis called striking Distance where the psycho brilliantly played by Robert Pastorelli is messing about putting his gun to the heads of Willis, his brother and Willis bird...He points it at Sarah Jessica Parker's head and shouts "Say goodbye to her Tommy"....Just the way he said it cracked me up...

When Jo was going out and I was stuck with Rob I used to say "Say goodbye to her Tommy !!"..Far more often than was to his liking !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down