The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Superstars

+3
TwisT
Mr Video Man
AberdeenSteve
7 posters

Go down

WWE Superstars Empty WWE Superstars

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 26 May 2011, 12:45 pm

I have been watching this the last couple of week and if I am being completely honest I am preferring it to the actual Raw and Smackdown episodes. The reason being that when I watch Superstar I actually get wrestling matches. The standard of the matches have been really enjoyable too. This past weeks episode had Tyson Kidd v YOSHIT TATSU!! which both aren't massively appreciated guys in the roster but both put on a really good match. I would go with the same view on the main event which was Evan Bourne and Drew McIntyre. The match these guys put on was twice anything I would see on Smackdown or Raw. I'll never understand why they don't get pushed on the main roster as they are both majorly talented guys.

Am I the only person that sees this or are there others on here appreciate what is put on Superstars?

Comments/opinions will be appreciated.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

WWE Superstars Empty Re: WWE Superstars

Post by Mr Video Man Thu 26 May 2011, 12:48 pm

if they dont sell merchandise they wont get put on either show....sad but true
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 26 May 2011, 12:53 pm

sjh5678 wrote:if they dont sell merchandise they wont get put on either show....sad but true

Plus Tyson and Yoshi are small guys. The death of the cruiserweight division was a travesty. I used to watch them on Heat on a Sunday.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 26 May 2011, 1:11 pm

One of my favourite matches ever on a regular WWE show was RVD vs Jerry Lynn on Sunday Night Heat. For the same reason you give above - they had about 10-15 minutes to put on a great, gimmickless show that they never would have got on Raw or Smackdown.

But still, for me wrestling is all about storytelling - so I prefer Raw and Smackdown. I wouldn't want to watch 2 hours solid of wrestling. Without the narrative it's just fake fighting isnt it?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 26 May 2011, 1:15 pm

I'm with you ED, I'm a storyline driven fan, the WWE intentionally leave out to much wrestling, if you want it then they'll make you pay for it, thats why the keep it for PPVs

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 26 May 2011, 1:18 pm

I should add, I can watch 2 hours solid wrestling if its on a PPV - but only because that is the culmination of the storylines laid out in Raw and SD.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 26 May 2011, 2:37 pm

Yeah, I totally agree with what you are saying guys. I am a big storyline driven fans but what I am trying to get is how come the guys on Smackdown and RAW don't get the same opportunity to wrestle like the guys on Superstars are?

It is probably just me on this as I am a massive wrestling fan and I love it when you actually have guys wrestle rather than what we get when Cena faces The Miz etc

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by grant holt's moustache Sat 28 May 2011, 1:48 pm

i agree with steve
imo, superstars is the most enjoyable show wwe has to offer at the moment. I prefer to watch the guys like ryder, bourne, hawkins TATSU, kidd etc these guys have much more talent than the likes of cena etc
And i must say, tatsu v kidd on superstars the otherday was one of the better matches i have seen in recent weeks from the wwe

grant holt's moustache

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 28 May 2011, 2:14 pm

McIntyre v Bourne was frankly an awesome match and agree that at present Superstars is probably the best tv 'wrestling' show out there.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down