The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan v Robert Guerrero reportedly made

+14
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
KingMonkey
88Chris05
Valero's Conscience
jimdig
Seanusarrilius
Strongback
terryaki01
Daniel1991
mobilemaster8
milkyboy
bellchees
wheelchair1991
18 posters

Go down

Amir Khan v Robert Guerrero reportedly made Empty Amir Khan v Robert Guerrero reportedly made

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:00 am

This has been reportedly made for December in New York if this is true how do you see it going

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan v Robert Guerrero reportedly made Empty Re: Amir Khan v Robert Guerrero reportedly made

Post by bellchees Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:22 am

Very good fight if it happens. I think Guerrero is probably to smart for Khan and will get to him enough to wear him down late or nick a points win.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan v Robert Guerrero reportedly made Empty Re: Amir Khan v Robert Guerrero reportedly made

Post by milkyboy Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:39 am

I think its a good match up. Guerrero may have done his better work below welter but he's a pressure fighter which khan tends to struggle with.... but then Khan's done quite well against lefties. Tough fight to call.

And of course with Guerrero as a floyd victim, its a marketing stepping stone for that fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:40 am

Guerrero is a decent operator. Very tough so could make for a decent scrap. If Khan fights the way he did against Collazo, then he should have enough for the Ghost. Khan via UD.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel1991 Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:42 am

Decent match up, Guerrero is certainly no push over. However if Khan boxers smart he wins on points by quite a margin. However the big thing is that Guerrero certainly doesn't mind having a bit of a tear up and does tend to like to apply pressure, so if Guerrero is to have a chance it's stopping khan. Interesting match up for sure.

Daniel1991

Back to top Go down

Post by terryaki01 Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:59 am

Good enough fight if it is signed, agreed on a Khan comfortable UD also puts a decent name on the record and if he beats him more convincingly than mayweather did, it makes a good statement for him.

terryaki01

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:18 am

If true it's good news for Khan as he needs a fight, he's been hanging around for Floyd for long enough.

Khan is unpredictable, he could batter Guerrero or he can get knocked at. It's a good matchup and as usual with Khan there should be fireworks.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:53 am

Favour Khan in this one. Guerrero has been hit an awful lot in recent fights. His last one was a blood and guts war against an unknown and he is no puncher at 147. Khan by points.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Good fight, I hope it's true. Khan needs to realise he's still rebuilding since Garcia, forget about mayweather and carve his own path. He could have a brook in the summer.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Good fight as others have said, both don't have big power so I expect it to go the distance where I expect Khan to edge it.

If Khan stops Guerrero it would be a big statement.

I guess having a Brook fight doesn't make sense to Khan as it won't be till February time and he will miss his window in May.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Decent fight and should be a tester for Khan purely based on styles. Should also be the fight that tells us if Hunter's techniques are really working, as Khan is going to need a decent defensive showing here. Guerrero got hit a lot against Kamegai, but he's always shipped a lot of leather, even in fights he's won (Berto, Katsidis etc) and his workrate and pressure were outstanding in that fight. As milky said, Khan's generally done well against lefties but Guerrero likes to fight so close in that the southpaw issue might end up being a bit of a red herring.

I think Guerrero is too tough a cookie for Khan to stop him, but Amir should be able to find him easily enough and outspeed him to a decision as long as he plays it smart.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Another good name on Khan's CV if it happens and it should make for a decent fight too. When all is said and done there won't be many fighters from our shores with a list of opponents quite like Amir has faced.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:25 pm

I can't see anybody outboxing Khan.......To me he's a poor Man's Tommy Hearns (Said it before with his speed, jab and freakish height Hearns outboxes anybody in history from 147-160, Like Khan the problem is the brain and chin...The best boxer but not fighter!!).....

The question is has Guerrero the firepower to get a good shot in through the Khan speedy jab.....

My guess is no....

Wide decision....*

Khan has never been outboxed............Those that dislike him point to the freak Prescott defeat and a bloodied Garcia landing the big one after looking like getting outclassed..

Can't stand Khan but can see the talent..........Will he ever fulfil it though.....Paulie, Maidana are certainly looking like good wins..

I think he beats Floyd...........Not sure Floyd can stop him..and I think with Khan's speed, jab and workrate he'll have to.....

Love to see him fight Manny too..............Khan has the ability to be in their class.........

Hope he gets the chace to prove it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:26 am

RG is a good boxer, with a cracking chin, but Khan has the better skills (and size advantage) and I'm not sure RG has the equalizing power.

Amir to outbox him over 12.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:35 am

Can he with that chin though Truss?

If (big IF I think) he can sort out his defensive frailties then time is still on his side but if this is just another rinse and repeat of the last few years then I can see him getting knocked out again a little bit down the line.

Pity as he does look sometimes like a class boxer and take away his persona and he's not all bad

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:39 am

Not sure PBF has the power to wipe out Khan properly (a la Garcia or Prescott), his ko record above 135 is as limited as Mannys....... Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:45 am

Derbymanc wrote:Can he with that chin though Truss?

If (big IF I think) he can sort out his defensive frailties then time is still on his side but if this is just another rinse and repeat of the last few years then I can see him getting knocked out again a little bit down the line.

Pity as he does look sometimes like a class boxer and take away his persona and he's not all bad

Everybody has a puncher's chance Mate with him..............Just like Tommy....

Guerrero though will have to land cleaner than others with his shot at that weight...

Robert is a top Boxer but Khan is all wrong for him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:56 am

If Khan hits the body early he should win it. Guerrero's unlikely to wipe him out with one shot but if he has the air in his lungs he'll come on strong late.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:27 am

This is a good fight. I cant call it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:16 am

Khan v Alexander is looking most likely now

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:49 am

Would really like this fight and should be a fun competitive fight

I'd have to favour Khan, most likely on points although if guerrero doesn't sharpen up his defence at 147 he could be in line for a lot of punishment. Guerrero has used his incredible workrate, solid skills and a great chin to make the adjustment to welter but hasn't suited him, far less fleet footed and takes a lot of shots.

However he is never gonna outbox khan, so maybe his change in style will work for him here. He doesn't have one punch ko power but if he can get khan on the inside he ma be able to wear him down enough. If he tries to box like he did maywetaher khan will pick him off with sharp long punches

Khan close but clear UD

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 am

Looks like its Kahn v Alexander

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down