The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a pig in a poke

+2
quinsforever
Rugby Fan
6 posters

Go down

Buying a pig in a poke Empty Buying a pig in a poke

Post by Rugby Fan Tue 16 Sep 2014, 2:30 pm

Toulon boss suspects Halfpenny may have had a long term injury before joining the French side. If it transpires the player needs surgery and a long break, then Boudjellal thinks he has the right to end his contract:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/sep/16/leigh-halfpenny-toulon-contract-terminate-injuries

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Buying a pig in a poke Empty Re: Buying a pig in a poke

Post by quinsforever Tue 16 Sep 2014, 2:53 pm

if you are carrying a long-term injury, the top14 is probably not the best place for that!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 16 Sep 2014, 3:07 pm

So is he accusing Halfpenny of some kind of fraud?  Only the player knows fully his injuries and how they niggle and how dangerous they might be to his longevity.  I mean a player senses his fitness whilst doctors analyse and assess it.

So, if he's suggesting Halfpenny knew he'd have limited time as a player (despite I'm sure a full Toulon medical???!!!) then perhaps Boudjellal might speak more quietly aboout it lest Halfpenny's lawyers look for more non-playing money for slander. The player must have done a full medical and therefore the onus is with Toulon on contract terms.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 16 Sep 2014, 3:12 pm

Oh well, just send him back then.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 16 Sep 2014, 3:18 pm

As Tim Stimpson said in January

"Despite all the success at Welford Road, winning a string of Premiership titles and back-to-back Heineken Cup finals, I had a frustrating time trying to make the World Cups.

I got very close to playing in 1999 and 2003 and felt it was the right time for me to have a new challenge in Perpignan.

It all looked good on paper. They got to the Heineken Cup final that year and had a great team – like Toulon now.

But I found a tumour in my knee and had to go to court for 18 months to prove it wasn’t my fault.

I still love France but it is not a good place to be injured. I came back to England and had a good spell with Leeds Tykes before calling it a day.

- See more at: http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/features/my-life-in-rugby/13732/my-life-in-rugby-tim-stimpson-former-newcastle-leicester-perpignan-england-full-back/#sthash.taRCef7f.dpuf

Not much has changed.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 16 Sep 2014, 3:26 pm

well one thing to know about Boudjelall is that he doesnt speak quietly. I often wonder if he doesnt speak to his wife through a press conference as well.
that said, it's a coward attack to a player that one or another will allienate 1/2p and send him back to Wales regardless of him being a fraud or not (a groin injury detection without the symptoms is not easy as well for a doctor)

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down