The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw, what was it good for?

+5
Dolphin Ziggler
owen10ozzy
BD21
liverbnz
TopoftheChops
9 posters

Go down

Raw, what was it good for? Empty Raw, what was it good for?

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 27 Aug 2014, 7:18 am

absolutely nothing. Not the best episode ever unfortunately!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Raw, what was it good for? Empty Re: Raw, what was it good for?

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:41 am

I loved the way Cena sold the 'biggest beating of his life' by being as fresh as a daisy. Jesus H Christ this is why you are so hated by so many Cena. You've been in the business what? 12 years? And you still can't sell!

The forum at the start was pointless. If Hogan spoke to me with those kids sunglasses on inside I'd punch him square on the nose.

Paige vs Natalya -3rd time in a week. Sick of the repeat matches over and over again. Pyscology between Paige and AJ is good though.

RVD vs Cesaro - millionth time in a month and each match gets worse. And Yay Sheamus is alive!

Rollins was very good in all his segments I thought. Really enjoying his work. Kane, I am not enjoying anything he does any more and haven't since he removed his mask donkeys years ago.

Did I hear boos for Reigns? I think I did. That's WM 31 wrecked.

Rusev vs Swagger had a fresh finish which is nice to see. Swagger is actually getting over a bit. And he's not even winning. (Note to WWE writers).

The Dusts have turned heel - good. But why do WWE think it's a good idea for the champs to constantly lose non-title matches or title matches by DQ/count-out? It's an idea once in a blue moon - not every month on TV FFS.

Lesnar (And Heyman as usual) was excellent in his vignette although his choice of words are slightly odd at times. Also wasn't this filmed straight after SummerSlam? Or did I miss something? How come he knew about the rematch at NOC?

Cena vs Wyatt was dull and Bray needs to make some sense or he's going to become uninteresting.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Wed 27 Aug 2014, 1:01 pm

The only good thing was the Lesnar video package.

Segments went on too long and were very boring.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:13 pm

Doh steam picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard picard

That's for the Cena part;

Sheamus and Cesaro to provide a ticking over feud whilst WWE decides what to do with Cesaro..

Lesnar was excellent in the vignette; yet it kind of becomes useless when Cena later comes to the ring in no discomfort at all and handidly beats down Wyatt and then takes out all 3 members;

Wyatt and Sandow - Walking adverts for what inevitably happens to anyone who has a feud with Superman!

I was actually just watching some old videos of The Rock after the Hogan Mania match and honestly it put's Cena to shame in terms of mic ability, selling ability etc....I make this point as these were billed as the two biggest stars of the last two decades...well one stands well and truly above the other. Rock basically implores the crowd into turning him heel and then gladly does so...and he did it at the perfect moment. I watch that and I think...why wouldn't both WWE and Cena want to do it; merchandise can't be the reason because as long as you make him edgy he will still sell and we could at least have a fresh character at the top of the tier. UGH & GRRRR is how I felt after watching RAW this week.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:36 pm

I kinda thought Cena played his role perfectly...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 27 Aug 2014, 5:19 pm

Dolphin; I'm not 100% sure but are you trying to stir the pot a little?

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 27 Aug 2014, 5:20 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I kinda thought Cena played his role perfectly...

It would have been perfect if it was 4 weeks from now. Instead of building towards Cena getting his confidence back over the weeks they've skipped all that nonsense and he looks like Superman again. Have him question his ability, lose to Wyatt, have someone like Hogan give him the inspiring pep talk then give Lesnar a fight at NoC. But its just the same old Poopie again with Cena. Its far from perfect.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:03 pm

He was off TV a week, which they sold as due to health, but he also has to fight the man again quite soon. He needs to be someone for Brock to beat or someone worthy of beating Brock. They had 2 legends question his ability completely, 1 absolutely write him off. I think to be too battered now would be over the top.

He looked a man with hurt pride who was angry and making a point. His style in the ring was noticeable in its storytelling and quite clever.

The only problem I had was his choice of opponent, which considering the beat down Cena was to give should not have been Wyatt. He could have done with fresher tag partners too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:29 pm

Still 3/4 weeks to go till night of champions. Could have had them question him, 1 write him off...him try to prove a point by fighting injured and getting beat or just leave it as him saying what he said and not even having a match at all...

Plenty of time for him to do what he did last monday in the build up to NOC. By having him comprehensively beat Wyatt and take out the brothers they effectively undone the whole thing about Brock wiping the floor with him at Summerslam. I mean the amount of suplexes he took you'd think he'd at least be bandaged up a little just 13 days later!

The way they sold Monday and the fact they had 3 legends question his ability and one completely dismiss his chances, and then had him bury Wyatt I think is building him to conquer Brock at NOC. Hope that's not the case but can see him picking up the victory whether it's by pinfall is another question but for me Cena walks out of NOC champion.

Don't get me wrong actually enjoyed Cena a little more these past 8 weeks...but you get a week like last and you can't help but agree that he is booked so over the top and daft at times it's no wonder people feel the way they do. It's almost as if the booking is done so stupidly/purposefully as if to say 'have this internet wrestling fans'...it's just plain odd at times.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:03 pm

Except for Wyatt being his opponent (although Wyatt is flat as hell at the moment anyway and the cheap finish will make people forget), it all made sense. He was angry, more brutal, threw in suplexes, looked fired up. Even had him beat people up a bit after the end, something Cena doesnt do normally, and was all in the zone and not playing celebrations with the other two.

He's going to get beaten, I'm pretty sure of that, so he needs to look good beforehand.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:21 pm

Fans booing Reigns is stupid, he is class.

I liked the dusts heel turn and the Lesnar video. That's it. 

Awful Raw.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:32 pm

Shameful the Reigns booing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:43 pm

I think the Reigns booing is a handful of fans being contrary. It's obvious the WWE want to push him to the moon, and certain fans seem to revel in thinking that WWE are always pushing the wrong talent.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:50 pm

Its that anti-WWE weird thing that fans have. Idiocy, obviously, as they liked him a month ago. And they liked The Rock, who was clearly chosen, as many and many before were. Hell, even Ambrose is being chosen for a push and having all his strongest attributes accentuated

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:14 am

Its definatly just smarks being smarks. Although something needs to change with Reigns before he becomes Cena 2.0 already. I'd give him the IC title and have him feud with some heels over that. When BNB comes back he can get over as a heel majorly by attacking Reigns and doing serious damage. Reigns needs to be in a scenario of jeopardy and struggle before fans can truly sympathise with him. It was good when Orton gave him 2 RKO's on the table because it makes Reigns seem human. They need to stop booking him standing tall at the end of nearly every segment otherwise genuine fans will begin to reject him.

I still think he should be the one to beat the one, but theres a ways to go yet. I think a singles title run would benefit him to no end.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon 01 Sep 2014, 11:45 am

The ones booing are the same kind of fans who chanted 'Husky Harris' when Bray Wyatt debuted, smarks (although i hate that term as these marks are not smart at all).

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down