The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergey "Kindheart" Kovalev

+8
kingraf
ONETWOFOREVER
DuransHorse
milkyboy
3fingers
TopHat24/7
catchweight
John Bloody Wayne
12 posters

Go down

Sergey "Kindheart" Kovalev Empty Sergey "Kindheart" Kovalev

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:07 pm

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/sergey-kovalev-attempts-to-raise-money-for-magomed-abdusalamov/

Feared skull cracker Sergey Kovalev is auctioning off his fight gear in a bid to raise money for stricken compatriot Magomed Abdusalamov who remains unable to speak or walk.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Sergey "Kindheart" Kovalev Empty Re: Sergey "Kindheart" Kovalev

Post by catchweight Tue 19 Aug 2014, 3:31 pm

Kovalev killed a boxer himself so this kind of thing probably hits home more than most.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Aug 2014, 3:56 pm

catchweight wrote:Kovalev killed a boxer himself so this kind of thing probably hits home more than most.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Aug 2014, 4:52 pm

In the ring, not random unprovoked attack. Apparently he still gives money to the family.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm

Yeh, read up on it after cw's comment. top bloke.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 19 Aug 2014, 7:11 pm

I think I would quit fighting if I killed an opponent.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Aug 2014, 7:26 pm

With my raw natural power, I decided never to take up boxing for fear of the damage I might cause. I run from fights and any potential conflict lest I were to snap and unleash hell.

Credit kovalev if you will, but here am I, a likely multiple world champion who made a selfless decision that cost me millions , left me destitute and branded a coward.

As an aside , kovalev does come across as a decent guy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 19 Aug 2014, 7:31 pm

Hahaha, you crack me up sometimes milky.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 19 Aug 2014, 8:38 pm

Milky, you are one of boxings great "what ifs". You and Ike Ibeabuchi have left so many unanswered questions.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Aug 2014, 8:53 pm

That's me duran. A what if.

"I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it"

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Aug 2014, 8:56 pm

3fingers wrote:Hahaha, you crack me up sometimes milky.

And what really hurts bud, is you've never taken my opinion seriously because I've never boxed... But now at least you know why Very Happy

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:19 pm

Nah, you've got me wrong.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:56 pm

Maybe, I'm a terrible judge of character. I quite like truss for example. Don't tell him.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:40 am

milkyboy wrote:With my raw natural power, I decided never to take up boxing for fear of the damage I might cause. I run from fights and any potential conflict lest I were to snap and unleash hell.

Credit kovalev if you will, but here am I, a likely multiple world champion who made a selfless decision that cost me millions , left me destitute  and branded a coward.

If this is true then I can relate.

You see when I was 17 18 years old I used to box at a very well known London boxing club. I sparred with many guys and was a real problem for the guys in my weight division and above. My speed was exceptional, my left hook was truly a sight to behold.

One day the owner and ex boxer called me into his office and just laid the truth out to me. I will never forget what he said to me to this day he said

''We all think you should leave and give up boxing as you are too dangerous and its just not fair on the guys who can't keep up''

I was shocked but I understood. I did not know the other guys felt that way because they showed no signs. I understood and shook his hand and turned my back on boxing that day. I remember looking back on my old sparring partners and the gym and telling myself I made the right decision for them and for boxing.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 4:35 am

I too, can empathize, Milky. I was a decent welterweight, and everyone wanted to spar with the 4'11 KR. Grow a foot, put on 45kg, and suddenly you're not seen as a legitimate welterweight anymore. Patently unfair
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:52 am

milkyboy wrote:With my raw natural power, I decided never to take up boxing for fear of the damage I might cause. I run from fights and any potential conflict lest I were to snap and unleash hell.

Credit kovalev if you will, but here am I, a likely multiple world champion who made a selfless decision that cost me millions , left me destitute  and branded a coward.

Well that's you off my bucket list of people I'm going to throw a punch at during the 606V2 get together.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:10 am

Strongback wrote:

Well that's you off my bucket list of people I'm going to throw a punch at during the 606V2 get together.

Smart decision strongy... You wouldn't like me when I'm angry! Hey, suspect there's enough left on the list t keep you busy!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:12 am

kingraf wrote:I too, can empathize, Milky. I was a decent welterweight, and everyone wanted to spar with the 4'11 KR. Grow a foot, put on 45kg, and suddenly you're not seen as a legitimate welterweight anymore. Patently unfair

If Alvarez can still be a light middle putting on 45kg after the weigh-in I can only empathise with you raf.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:17 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

You see when I was 17 18 years old I used to box at a very well known London boxing club. I sparred with many guys and was a real problem for the guys in my weight division and above. My speed was exceptional, my left hook was truly a sight to behold.

One day the owner and ex boxer called me into his office and just laid the truth out to me. I will never forget what he said to me to this day he said

''We all think you should leave and give up boxing as you are too dangerous and its just not fair on the guys who can't keep up''

I was shocked but I understood. I did not know the other guys felt that way because they showed no signs. I understood and shook his hand and turned my back on boxing that day. I remember looking back on my old sparring partners and the gym and telling myself I made the right decision for them and for boxing.

Surely the terror in their eyes was a giveaway onetwo... Never knowing when the next spinning backfist was coming their way?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:23 am

Oh if only they'd allowed Jesus into their lives......

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:30 am

All I'm saying is that the only reason Kovalev is called "Krusher" is because I copyrighted "Crusher", and "KRussia" because of my Knockout Skillz.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:33 am

Eubank lost his killer instinct after Watson, and quite rightly so. A lot of fighters would.

This guy doesn't look to have lost it one bit. In fact, I seem to recall him taunting the practically unconciousness and hopelessly overmatched Ismayl Sillah's after startching him in the second round.

Yes he's auctioned off some gear, but to call him kind-hearted might be a bit of a stretch.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:36 am

Auctioned off gear, flew the guy's parents over into the city where his oppo was laid up in hospital, donated his next purse......yeah, what a bar steward.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Wed 20 Aug 2014, 10:52 am

You're perhaps putting words in my mouth there Toppy. I've no doubt he felt a great deal of remorse when it happened and I'm sure he always will.

I was simply pointing out that it doesn't seem to have impacted upon his ruthlessness in the ring. When the red mist clears he's willing to do these charitable things and that is certainly commendable, but if the incident with Simakov doesn't perhaps make him more concerned with the health of a foe whom he has just sparked rather than screaming at them whilst they're on the floor, then I think that that is perhaps partly a reflection of his character.

Please don't mistake this as me bashing him as a boxer, all fighters know the risks they face, and I don't begrudge Kovalev of retaining his ability to finish opponents ruthlessly. I would point out though that his awful experience (which I wouldn't wish on anybody) should have maybe taught him to behave in a different manner than he did against Sillah after he has punched somebody to the point of being unconscious.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:20 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Yeah well I went down there the first day it opened right, and I did a couple of laps, I pulled over, the bloke that runs the thing comes over and said - Oi no professionals. I took my helmet off, I said I'm not a professional. He said - you're not a profesional? I said - No, he said - well you should be, if I was you I'd take up Formula One, and if you drive like that you'd probably be the best in the country! I said - I'm not interested I'm making sh1t loads out of computers.

All right, well, I was bombing it round one time and someone left this ramp out. They all said, "If he hits that, he is dead". So I hit it and rolled over in the air a few times and they said, "Now he is definitely dead". Then I landed on my wheels and pulled over next to them and said, "What you worried about?"

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:34 pm

I once caught a fly with my weak hand without even looking.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:38 pm

superflyweight wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Yeah well I went down there the first day it opened right, and I did a couple of laps, I pulled over, the bloke that runs the thing comes over and said - Oi no professionals. I took my helmet off, I said I'm not a professional. He said - you're not a profesional? I said - No, he said - well you should be, if I was you I'd take up Formula One, and if you drive like that you'd probably be the best in the country! I said - I'm not interested I'm making sh1t loads out of computers.

All right, well, I was bombing it round one time and someone left this ramp out. They all said, "If he hits that, he is dead". So I hit it and rolled over in the air a few times and they said, "Now he is definitely dead". Then I landed on my wheels and pulled over next to them and said, "What you worried about?"

So you thought you'd be a dirt bag ambulance chasing lawyer instead !!

Which reminds me.....I was with Jo in Jamaica when I saw Usain Bolt hitting on her near a bar by the beach................He saw me and legged it but after about a hundred metres I caught him and wrestled him to the floor.....He said "Before you hit me I want you to know I'm quitting sprinting because you are more than my match..My destiny now is to become a fisherman"............I said "Forget it Usain..Your success will galvanise your Country and that is more important than any personal Trussman legacy"..

Remember it like it was yesterday !!

The rest is history..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:03 pm

The Great White Hope... massive sacrifice Trussman. Just being fast enough to make the Olympics would have immortalized you.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:06 pm

I've personally fought and died in three world wars but am of such extreme importance to the history of everything that it's virtually impossible for me to be killed by conventional (or unconventional) means

I once ate three Toblerones stacked end to end...sideways without my eyes watering. I invented the traffic cone and the egg cup (and have also experimented with putting a boiled egg in the top of a traffic cone but that means having considerably lower tables or considerably higher chairs. I'm going with lower tables as you'd need an additional chair in order to get onto your taller chair).

I used to cut Christ's hair when he was a child and talked the Beatles out of calling themselves "Fanny Craddock's labial wrinkles". I invented the letter ¬ then withdrew it and it's notoriously difficult to pronounce if you don't have fifty two teeth.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:08 pm

Highlander....................I knew it was based on a true story..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:09 pm

It's actually a documentary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down