The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Warren Still Yet To Pay Leonard Bundu

+11
Mayweathers cellmate
Derbymanc
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Strongback
milkyboy
wheelchair1991
jimdig
DuransHorse
3fingers
AlexHuckerby
15 posters

Go down

Frank Warren Still Yet To Pay Leonard Bundu Empty Frank Warren Still Yet To Pay Leonard Bundu

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:41 am

Lots of rumours floating around that Warren hasn't been paying fighters anywhere near on time have always hit dead ends with no one speaking up about it. Leonard Bundu beat Frankie Gavin via split decision earlier, and has come out (Not Frank Maloney style) and is currently on Twitter claiming he hasn't seen a penny from it yet.

It wouldn't surprise me and how much does it say about Warren, about BoxNation and the state that they are currently in? Do they simply just not have the money to pay him, they trying to fob him off.

His Twitter is @LeonardBundu

The Eddie Hearn parody account is having a field day with this.

From Bundu's twitter "You know what a rematch is all about right? Guess what? I have yet to see a cent from our fight #bundugavin"

He is apparently going to be taking it up with the BBBofC.

If this is true it is a genuine joke, especially for guys like Bundu where they are nearing retirement and need every penny they can get.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren Still Yet To Pay Leonard Bundu Empty Re: Frank Warren Still Yet To Pay Leonard Bundu

Post by 3fingers Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:06 am

Hes pobably he'll agree to double or squits for the rematch.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren Still Yet To Pay Leonard Bundu Empty Re: Frank Warren Still Yet To Pay Leonard Bundu

Post by DuransHorse Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:28 am

If true this spells trouble. If Warren isn't paying its because he's short of cash, not because he's tight.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 am

Hearn has spoken about it several times in the past and has claimed he knows los of instances where Warren hasn't paid fighters anywhere near on time and still owes certain fighters money. Starting to look more and more likely Hearn tells the truth a lot of the time.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:35 am

Curtis Woodhouse is stating on Twitter right now that when he fought Frankie Gavin he had 3 cheques sent to him that all bounced.

Eventually got his money a long time later.

He says on Twitter "8 stitches, Wee weeing blood for two days and 3 bounced cheques for it cheers Warren"

Wonder how bad a state Warren is in, that fight was a couple of years back though, how long has he been doing this?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:49 am

Well calzaghe took him to court for not being paid for the Hopkins bout. Warren lost to the tune of 1.8million, pretty sure warren folded his company rather than pay. 

So nothing new for frank.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:32 am

Frank it seems to me even when he was top dog has a history of this so im unsure if it means hes going under or if hes just up to his old tricks

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:47 am

Why do it though, all it does is generate even more bad press about him?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:28 pm

I agree but frank doesnt seem to care

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Just more dirt on poor old frank.

He's just forgetful with names. He sent cheques to curtis steigers, tony curtis and Pj Wodehouse and is in the process of sending cheques to Leonard Cohen, Leonard nimoy, sugar ray Leonard and ted bundy.

Easy mistakes, any forgetful old Cnut could make

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:07 pm

I read Eddie has tweeted "Surprise surprise".

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:20 pm

Sure he's still better than Eddie, in Strony's eyes......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Strongback wrote:I read Eddie has tweeted "Surprise surprise".

Just admit that you follow him on Twitter, Strongy. 'Atta boy!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:42 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

I'm not on Twitter or or any other social media.

I leave that to the sheep.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Rolling Eyes 

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Strongback wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

I'm not on Twitter or or any other social media.

I leave that to the sheep.

That'll be a yes then.... laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:08 am

It's typical Warren. Expect Bundu to not get paid until he agrees to a rematch and probably other options. As someone pointed out, don't think Calzaghe got a penny for the Hopkins fight.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:49 am

Purely from a business perspective not paying someone when it's clear you owe them isn't good for your reputation so other than Frank being awkward due to some contractual/get out clause he thinks he's spotted surely he'd pay if he could?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:25 am

Will buying overseas fights be enough to sustain Boxnation is the question..

My guess is no...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:06 am

He must have lost his bollix on the failed Fury bill

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:12 am

Whilst I feel sorry for Bundu if this pushes boxnation one step closer to closure I could not be happier.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:14 am

Can we nominate Warren for the Ice Bucket challenge and just drop a large block of ice from a bucket onto Frank's head for about 45 feet?

Can I then nominate Tyson Fury...and then STRONGBACK and STEFFAN?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:52 am

DAVE667 wrote:Can we nominate Warren for the Ice Bucket challenge and just drop a large block of ice from a bucket onto Frank's head for about 45 feet?

Laugh 

Seen a funny one before where the water missed this lad, as he says 'the water missed me', the metal bucket gets dropped from a fair height and tw@ts him on the head.

Am very constructive in work on Fridays.....pays to be the boss!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:01 am

Are you Bruce Springsteen ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:59 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Can we nominate Warren for the Ice Bucket challenge and just drop a large block of ice from a bucket onto Frank's head for about 45 feet?

Instead of ice I nominate Dave to have a bucket of glass shards dropped on his head from 45 feet. Still unlikely a shard would puncture his tiny brain though.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Strongback wrote:

Instead of ice I nominate Dave to have a bucket of glass shards dropped on his head from 45 feet. Still unlikely a shard would puncture his tiny brain though.
Or get through my skull in the first place....seems biology, along with a million other things, clearly not your strong point

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down