The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestle Talk TV last night Ft Raven - Was ECW was Positive or Negative for the wrestling business

4 posters

Go down

Wrestle Talk TV last night Ft Raven - Was ECW was Positive or Negative for the wrestling business Empty Wrestle Talk TV last night Ft Raven - Was ECW was Positive or Negative for the wrestling business

Post by Fernando Mon 11 Aug 2014, 3:53 pm

They had Raven and a guy named Dave on there discussing if ECW was Positive or Negative for the wrestling business.

Never the less it was a great argument out which led to Raven just schooling Dave over a 30 minute show  Laugh 

If you haven't seen it, It's worth trying to find it was that entertaining.

Was wondering if anyone else saw this it was just a complete an utter beatdown of the Dave's argument can't say id like to interview Raven after that  Laugh

What do we think people on the subject in general?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Wrestle Talk TV last night Ft Raven - Was ECW was Positive or Negative for the wrestling business Empty Re: Wrestle Talk TV last night Ft Raven - Was ECW was Positive or Negative for the wrestling business

Post by Samo Mon 11 Aug 2014, 4:29 pm

While its difficult to argue with ECW's legacy, its lasting impact is questionable. Argueably gave birth to the Attitude Era, but the business moved on from it pretty quickly.

Also, some argue that the rise of Hardcore wrestling lead to many guys taking too many uncessary risks. The ECDUB diehards will never question the product, but I would say its probably a negative thing.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Wrestle Talk TV last night Ft Raven - Was ECW was Positive or Negative for the wrestling business Empty Re: Wrestle Talk TV last night Ft Raven - Was ECW was Positive or Negative for the wrestling business

Post by Azzy Mon 11 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm

I saw this too, but didn't realise it was Raven until halfway through. Whoever Dave was, he was either completely incapable of imparting his thoughts in a coherent manner, or was simply starstruck. I'd have given Raven what for. ECW was an innovative product that paved the way for the WCW/WWF feud, gave several talents their big break, and came up with some legendary moments.

However, it was badly run, wasn't very welcoming to outsiders, and absolutely pushed its competitors to do things they should never have done. There was never, and should never have been, a need for barbed wire matches, suplexes onto a thousand tacks, stupid moves and ridiculous daredevil escapades. I think it took the 'E' in ECW far more seriously than it took the C or the W. For me, the W should always be at the forefront of what you do, and ECW lost its way pretty quickly.

Then came the Invasion. Sigh.

And let's not forget, Raven was an average wrestler.

You guys should do a podcast with 'Dave'. That would be hilarious.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 11 Aug 2014, 4:47 pm

Probably for what was the first time I've watched TNA this year, I actually stuck around for Wrestle Talk TV after hearing Raven was on. He's actually sticking around as the host for next week's show so that will be interesting, even if nobody else gets a word in the entire show.

ECW is a positive on the whole for the wrestling business. The fanbase alone showed that togetherness and loyalty that shone across the entire roster. It proved a smaller wrestling promotion can succeed on a higher scale with a national TV deal and still be competitive against much higher calibre production in both WWF & WCW at the time. Sure there were stories about drug use, but ECW created a platform for wrestlers who either didn't fit in elsewhere or as an introduction to bigger things. I don't have to name, names here but it did pave the way for the highly competitive cruiserweight division that shone so brightly in WCW alone.

Heading back to the original post where Raven & "Dave' discussed the negative side of things, I could see his point about some of the garbage wrestling but why didn't he mention the New Jack incident or the crucifix angle that caused Kurt Angle to work away from signing with them  Laugh 

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down