The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First KENTA, now Devitt is announced

+4
Hero
Samo
Dr Gregory House MD
Dolphin Ziggler
8 posters

Go down

First KENTA, now Devitt is announced Empty First KENTA, now Devitt is announced

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jul 2014, 4:08 pm

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-signs-fergal-devitt-26515616

Main page story on WWE.com

WWE.com wrote:WWE has signed international Superstar Fergal Devitt to its NXT division. He will report to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, today, WWE.com has confirmed.

“This is something I’ve been looking forward to since I was maybe four or five years old,” Devitt told WWE.com last week, while preparing for the trip in his home country of Ireland. “I grew up watching wrestling my whole life, so to get the chance to step in the ring that I’ve watched on TV so many times is a dream come true.”

Prior to signing with WWE, Devitt was widely considered one of the most highly touted free agents in sports-entertainment. Hailing from Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland, his path to NXT and WWE has been circuitous: Initially trained in England, Devitt honed his craft in the U.K. and U.S. independent scenes before entering the notoriously disciplined dojos of New Japan Pro Wrestling. He also competed in Mexico, though it was in New Japan that he rose to greatest prominence, under the name Prince Devitt.

So, what now? What should us mainstreamers expect?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

First KENTA, now Devitt is announced Empty Re: First KENTA, now Devitt is announced

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 28 Jul 2014, 4:31 pm

Devitt will immediately go in there with Bryan, Cesaro, Ziggler and Rollins as the premier workers in WWE, he's a very handsome man, in phenomenal shape, and with the bodypaint stuff has a very good look, in terms of mic skills in his last heel run in NJPW he showed tremendous charisma but was very salty in the way he expressed himself so it remains to be seen if he could tone himself down and still project the same attitude and wit.

All in all I'm very excited for Devitt, he's one of the best talents in the world today and he deserves a chance at the top level.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

First KENTA, now Devitt is announced Empty Re: First KENTA, now Devitt is announced

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jul 2014, 4:33 pm

How strong is his accent?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 28 Jul 2014, 4:42 pm

Fair, no worse than Sheamus

Here's a wee promo to give you a feel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx1mWjZSRkU

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jul 2014, 4:44 pm

Its enough of an accent to worry about  guinness boxing 

But they have hyped his signing enough to think it should be serious stuff

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 28 Jul 2014, 5:00 pm

If Sheamus can manage then Devitt should be fine. Think they'll let him use the body paint?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jul 2014, 5:08 pm

I imagine the issue would be on if it infringes anything with the likes of Marvel etc who created Venom, Carnage etc and if they would be happy for him to use it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 28 Jul 2014, 6:48 pm

Yeah suppose. The could still give him menacing, imposing paint that they come up with. Something to make him stand out.

That said they must have had such deals in the past because Mysterio always had comic related outfits at Mania.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jul 2014, 6:53 pm

Samo wrote:If Sheamus can manage then Devitt should be fine.

Thats exactly my fear. Do you want him to be managed like pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, fight loving, guinness drinking good old chum Sheamus?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:23 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Thats exactly my fear. Do you want him to be managed like pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, fight loving, guinness drinking good old chum Sheamus?

I was meaning more for his accent than his gimmick.  He wasnt always a good old chum.

I miss Sheamus being a bad ass heel.

Edit: Also of note, Kevin Steen told the crowd at PWG Eleven at the weekend he was going to Mexico to raise orphans with El Generico. If he is indeed joining NXT with Kenta and Devitt they should just do away with SmackDown and make NXT the B show.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:33 pm

Samo wrote:

Edit: Also of note, Kevin Steen told the crowd at PWG Eleven at the weekend he was going to Mexico to raise orphans with El Generico.  If he is indeed joining NXT with Kenta and Devitt they should just do away with SmackDown and make NXT the B show.

Steen is facing Jerry Lawler in a farewell match It's Piledriver vs Piledriver and Jerry mentioned him joining the WWE "Hitting the big time" in his promo, Cuts a better promo then he commentates  Laugh 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:44 pm

I remember Sheamus the heel, but its come to this. I just worry with WWE, it can never resist.

You don't want NXT as the B show! They'll ruin it if they think its like that. I like it in its state, almost ignored by the main routes of story that the "real" shows use.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Jul 2014, 8:45 am

Devitt is pretty good, but in WWE he'll debut as Sheamus' kid brother Fergal and want to kick the bejeezus out of people.

Then it'll be revealed that Finlay is their Uncle and they'll be known as the All Oirish Arse Kickers

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 29 Jul 2014, 8:47 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Samo wrote:If Sheamus can manage then Devitt should be fine.

Don't you know that everyone in Ireland knows each other?

Its just like Bram and Magnus are old friends as they both come from Norwich (which means they are most probably related too).

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue 29 Jul 2014, 5:06 pm

As he's from Wickla make him a farmer and give him the name Miley Byrne.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down