The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Prix of Mexico return confirmed.

4 posters

Go down

Grand Prix of Mexico return confirmed.  Empty Grand Prix of Mexico return confirmed.

Post by Gerry SA Wed 23 Jul 2014, 10:25 am

Bernie has signed a 5 year deal with the Hermanos Rodriguez circuit in Mexico City to revive the Mexican GP. Starting from 2015.

The Hermanos Rodriguez circuit is named after Ricardo and Pedro Rodriguez, two of Mexico's best motor racers.

This is also the track where Ricardo passed away age 20, in 1962.

I never thought the Mexican GP would ever return but with Carlos Slim, Checo Perez and Esteban Gutierrez involved in F1, it seems the right time for the race to return.

I might have to get tickets...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix of Mexico return confirmed.  Empty Re: Grand Prix of Mexico return confirmed.

Post by GSC Wed 23 Jul 2014, 10:35 am

Be interesting to see if they actually get it ready this time.

Few tracks to go next year, Azerbaijan due to be added too.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Grand Prix of Mexico return confirmed.  Empty Re: Grand Prix of Mexico return confirmed.

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 23 Jul 2014, 1:25 pm

Think it'll be more intersting to see which circuits get dropped to make way for Mexico and whoever else.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 23 Jul 2014, 3:43 pm

I hope they've resurface the track in Mexico, as otherwise it's very bumpy, pretty similar to what Mugello was a few years ago.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 28 Jul 2014, 7:09 am

I saw a short clip on the Sky F1 channel and apparently the whole circuit will be resurfaced and the pit lane facilities are to be upgraded.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down