The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner Vs. Matthysse On Mayweather Undercard

+9
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Valero's Conscience
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
TopHat24/7
mobilemaster8
Herman Jaeger
Gerry SA
AlexHuckerby
13 posters

Go down

Broner Vs. Matthysse On Mayweather Undercard Empty Broner Vs. Matthysse On Mayweather Undercard

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:11 am

Sounds like this fight has been made, I know JBW will have a mild hard on for this, and I'm gonna join him with it.

Honestly think this is a great fight, bit of a make or break for Broner, he takes a shellacking from another Argentinian hard man and you get the feeling his career will be sent back to the stone age, he wins and he answers a few questions, depending on the manner I suppose.

Makes total sense financially, big American name faces big Argentinian name on the main event, biggish American name faces biggish Argentinian name on the chief support. Actually looking forward to this one a little more than the main event, hell... A lot more!

So how do we see this one panning out then?

Has Broner learned from his previous mistakes, rectified them and has the perfect opponent to show what he has changed, or will he be same old, same old and have an absolute mare against the Argentinian hard man? Has Matthysse had anything taken out of him from the last couple of fights he's had, knocked down 3 times in the last two fights and took a lot of big punches?

One thing for sure, this fights got my balls tingling.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Matthysse On Mayweather Undercard Empty Re: Broner Vs. Matthysse On Mayweather Undercard

Post by Gerry SA Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:28 am

ShoTime's Stephan Espinoza confirmed over the weekend that Broner will not be fighting Matthysse.

Matthysse is set to fight Roberto Ortiz(31-0-1). Ortiz is the WBC 'silver belt' champion at 140lbs.

There's a rumour stating Danny Garcia will be stripped if his WBC 140lbs belt and that the vacant belt will be on the line between Matthysse and Ortiz.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Matthysse On Mayweather Undercard Empty Re: Broner Vs. Matthysse On Mayweather Undercard

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:30 am

Well, that's made me all soft.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:35 am

Thought Broner had rejected this. Didn't surprise me either.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:23 am

Broner rejected as far as reports suggest?? Didn't want to take another beating from a beast.

Not yet anyway.

Not sure who he is lined to fight.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:25 am

Hats off to Broner if true, massive risk and should be all wrong for him.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:28 am

Now I've read the rest of the thread I'm dissappointed, if unsurprised.

Nice to see DG being stripped though.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:36 am

Why's Garcia being stripped?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:41 am

No idea, in fairness he did 'defend' it in the last 6 months and has another defence lined up.

Does he hold another belt? WBC don't like to share....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:44 am

WBC unhappy that Garcia's fighting Rod Salka.

WBA wanted to see Garcia rematch Herrera or Matthysse.

Garcia also holds the WBA title, so I doubt he'll care too much.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:59 am

Garcia being stripped after his hectic 18 months is laughable..

Holmes fought Marvis Frazier, Zanon, Cobb, Rodriguez, Ocasio, Leon Spinks, Ocasio etc etc..under the WBC...

Absolutely laughable !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 15 Jul 2014, 10:03 am

Perfect fight but been hearing Matthysse got someone else and Broner wouldn't jump in against another pressure slugging Argie too soon!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 15 Jul 2014, 1:16 pm

Yea would be a bit much for Broner to jump in with matthysse

I do think some of the fear of matthysse has gone, didn't look all that sharp in his last fight but i guess he'd been out for a while and came back very strongly and put a beat down on Molina

Matthysse probably has a better style for Broner tbh compared to marcos. He's a much cuter boxer than maidana and is harder to budge, but maidana's workrate and unorthodox style made it a nightmare for Broner to slip, problems even Floyd encountered. Matthysse would give Broner more time to land his counters, but I don't think he has the pop or workrate to beat Matthysse ad once again could take a hammering, lets see if he can withstand the punishment as I still think matthysse is a bigger hitter than Marcos

While I don't like Broner, he showed guts against Maidana and can be in entertaining fights, and I'd love matthysse to come back strong he's a great exciting fighter and with him in the mix the division is stronger

Hope they don't get matched too soft though

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 15 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm

Oh god dammit Alex. Having read the opening I went ahead and got a pre emptive tattoo of Matthysse defenestrating Broner with an uppercut and now this. Humph.

I do agree that Mathysse lost some of his aura during the Garcia match and during the first few rounds of the Molina fight, but my word did he get some back during the second half! The merciless, bloody nature of his response, against a guy used to taking punches with contempt was enough for me to think he's not lost anything yet. Especially given the way he used the jab effectively to open things up.

Though Broner v Matthysse may be a wet pipe dream, it would be a great match. Would Broker be stupid enough to do his usual early fight routine of just looking at what the opponent has to offer and giving little in return? Broner seem to have the legs or brains to box on the backfoot, so his best bet may be to try beating Lucas to the punch with superior handspeed and discourage him, but he'd have to up his workrate considerably to keep Matthysse at bay.

I'd predict a late round KO in favour of Matthysse, unless the ref let's Broker make it a clinch fest as Matthysse' doesn't look like a really savvy in fighter.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 15 Jul 2014, 2:03 pm

Broner *doesn't seem to have the legs or brains etc.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm

I thought those misspellings were deliberate, JBW. Part of your Angel Garcia impression.

"Man, **** Matusta! Danny already beat Matusta, he ain't nothin'! After Floyd whoops Madonna we gonna go after Madonna, too. Madonna lost to A Mere Con, but Danny already knocked Con out! And don't even talk to me about Promadivov - what's he got? One right hand over the top, that's it? They say Promadvidov's a killer, nah he ain't no killer! Parvodilov don't want it with Danny!"
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 15 Jul 2014, 6:38 pm

Un F ing canny.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:10 pm

Respect to broner for taking/making this fight. Thats all I can say really. Paradoxically, a more technical version of maidana might play into broners arms.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:09 am

Word of the day fingers.....word of the day.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 23 Jul 2014, 2:30 pm

Yeah I'd agree with that, fairplay to Broner for taking this. What a fight. The op had it right all along. Is it definitely on?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 23 Jul 2014, 4:29 pm

No, its not.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down