The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reason why I have been away for 5 months :D

5 posters

Go down

The reason why I have been away for 5 months :D Empty The reason why I have been away for 5 months :D

Post by LuvSports! Tue 08 Jul 2014, 9:55 pm

Sup peeps!
Hope everyone is good!
Please read my blog on my time at PGL, ta!
http://richard-mills-sports.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/pgl-this-is-not-job-this-is-hobby-best.html

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

The reason why I have been away for 5 months :D Empty Re: The reason why I have been away for 5 months :D

Post by The Special Juan Tue 08 Jul 2014, 10:22 pm

That's a nice post LS. You've brought a couple of random thoughts.....

When I was in primary 7 many years ago, we got a week (5 days) in Glenshee which is a place very similar to Dalguise. Perhaps you've heard of it? I was too much of a home bird at the time and had a miserable experience but I did something similar a few years later and loved it. The volunteers definitely added to the experience.

However, a few of my friends who went to other primary schools had their primary 7 trips to Dalguise, no less. It's too long ago for me to remember what they said about it but from what I can gather, they loved it, and it's thanks to people like yourself who add to that experience.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

The reason why I have been away for 5 months :D Empty Re: The reason why I have been away for 5 months :D

Post by LuvSports! Tue 08 Jul 2014, 10:33 pm

Aww bless ya TSJ! I loved it and the kids (dont wanna blow on the trumpet), but they loved me! I got paid to be a big kid and I excelled at it Very Happy
Heard of it but never been. SHame ya didn't enjoy it. Homesick? They had a cheer me up question for kids when they are homesick :P

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 08 Jul 2014, 10:56 pm

LuvSports! wrote:Aww bless ya TSJ! I loved it and the kids (dont wanna blow on the trumpet), but they loved me! I got paid to be a big kid and I excelled at it Very Happy
Heard of it but never been. SHame ya didn't enjoy it. Homesick? They had a cheer me up question for kids when they are homesick :P

Yeah, really. On top of that it wasn't helped by "Oh sorry, we don't have a bed for you." Seriously. They must have underestimated the numbers by... 1!!! I was the only one. Also fell in a lake that week... The scenery was lovely though.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 09 Jul 2014, 10:46 am

Yikes, that's very different from how it is run now.
Haha sorry bud. So you're Scottish?
Yes beautiful backdrop.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:55 am

Yeah I'm from Dundee. Bout 45 minutes from Dalguise, 75 minutes to Glenshee.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 09 Jul 2014, 1:42 pm

Had a lot of Dundonians on site. One who never shut up about Dundee being the best. In reality they're not even the best team in Dundee!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Wed 09 Jul 2014, 2:31 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Yeah I'm from Dundee.  Bout 45 minutes from Dalguise, 75 minutes to Glenshee.

I visited Dundee ages ago and got to try mince in a bun from the mince van. It was delicious!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed 09 Jul 2014, 2:38 pm

Mince in a bun? Simple, yet inspired Smile

Great read LS, sounds like you had an unbelievable time of it - kudos for giving up your time to go out there and do it all!

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 09 Jul 2014, 5:06 pm

Welcome back LS. And here's me thinking laverfan had banned you for 5 months Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:56 pm

Haha cheeers guys.
It was brilliant till the end Very Happy

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 10 Jul 2014, 10:50 am

Silver wrote:Mince in a bun? Simple, yet inspired Smile

Great read LS, sounds like you had an unbelievable time of it - kudos for giving up your time to go out there and do it all!

It was quite the dining experience Silver - highly recommended!

And I'd like to add to the chorus welcoming you back LS after your awesome adventure!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:11 am

Cheers Reckoner, hope tings are gd with you Smile Hope you liked it.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:33 pm

LuvSports! wrote:Cheers Reckoner, hope tings are gd with you Smile Hope you liked it.

All good here - and yes I did enjoy it!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down