The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronda in 16 seconds.

2 posters

Go down

Ronda in 16 seconds.  Empty Ronda in 16 seconds.

Post by Rinsure Mon 07 Jul 2014, 2:50 pm

Might have been even quicker - there's some suggestion Davis was out on her feet after the big right.

Have to just say "wow" though, and wonder if there is anyone who can stand with Rowdy now. Her striking has evolved, she's finished her last two by (T)KO, rather than the expected armbar, and you have to think she'll just keep getting better.

The only conceivable matchups are Holly Holm and Cyborg, but neither are in the UFC. Cat Zingano should be next in line, but can you see anything but a steamrollering?

She's in a different league.

If you haven't seen it, there's a gif of the fight here:

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/859326298.gif?w=650

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Ronda in 16 seconds.  Empty Re: Ronda in 16 seconds.

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 07 Jul 2014, 3:31 pm

Shocking defeat for Davis regardless of the long odds given to her.

After Zingano and possibly Jessica Eye there really is no one left for Rousey.

Totally agree that after the above there is only Holm and Cyborg left and both need to come over to the UFC and hype them up. Of she beats them she'll be in an awkward position with no one left.

She is a number of levels above the rest.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:57 pm

Of the aforementioned fighters I've only seen Cyborg fight so I can't comment on them, although after the last two fights I wouldn't bet against her. I don't see the Cyborg fight happening, I think she's to big & the weight cut will be to hard, if she does make the weight I think she'll be to weak. Ronda doesn't seem to bothered about fighting her either.

I agree she does seem to be in another league, she really takes the sport seriously& is working on the weaker parts of her game. I thought she was excellent as a coach in TUF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down