The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scottish rugby end of season summary and awards

+14
tigertattie
demosthenes
R!skysports
IanBru
Nematode
21st Century Schizoid Man
Biltong
jimbopip
RuggerRadge2611
George Carlin
kiakahaaotearoa
bedfordwelsh
funnyExiledScot
RDW
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scottish rugby end of season summary and awards Empty Scottish rugby end of season summary and awards

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:10 am

Scottish rugby end of season summary and awards Rugby_Scotland

Season summary

Edinburgh Rugby  picard 

Rabbo Direct Pro 12

Wins - 7
Losses - 15
Points for - 397
Points against - 526
Tries - 38
BP - 10

Heineken Cup

Wins - 3
Position - 3rd in group

Glasgow Warriors  clap 

Rabbo Direct Pro 12

Wins - 18
Losses - 4
Points for - 484
Points against - 309
Tries - 53
BP - 7

Heineken Cup

Wins - 2
Position - last in group

Scotland  Sad 

Wins - 5
Losses - 7
Points for - 174
Points against - 324  
Average points per game - 14.5
Average points against per game - 27 Shocked 

Awards  king 

Edinburgh player of the year -
Edinburgh young player of the year -
'Gunner' of the year -
Surprise of the year -
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season -

Glasgow player of the year -
Glasgow young player of the year -
'Warrior' of the year -
Surprise of the year -
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season -

Scotland player of the year -
Scotland young player of the year -
Scotsman of the year -
Surprise of the year -
The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season -

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year -
V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) -

Last edited by RDW_Scotland on Mon 07 Jul 2014, 1:23 pm; edited 3 times in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scottish rugby end of season summary and awards Empty Re: Scottish rugby end of season summary and awards

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:10 am

Get voting people!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scottish rugby end of season summary and awards Empty Re: Scottish rugby end of season summary and awards

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Jul 2014, 10:39 am

Awards  

Edinburgh player of the year - Cornel Du Preez
Edinburgh young player of the year - Ummm, does Dougie Fife qualify?
'Gunner' of the year - Grant Gilchrist
Surprise of the year - Jack Cuthbert, not as useless as we all thought.
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season - Andries Strauss

Glasgow player of the year - Bob Harley
Glasgow young player of the year - Jonny Gray
'Warrior' of the year - Josh Strauss
Surprise of the year - Jon Welsh, didn't think he'd make the transition to tighthead so well.
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season - Close call between Weir and MacArthur - both have seen their stock slip.

Scotland player of the year - Tough one. I'm going to go with Tommy Seymour.
Scotland young player of the year - Umm, I'll go with Jonny Gray. More for his potential than his performances in a Scotland jersey. Needs more opportunity next season.
Scotsman of the year - Geoff Cross, for obvious reasons.
Surprise of the year - Scott Johnson - I had no idea he was that bad a coach/selector.
The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - Weir has had a bit of a stinker, despite the winners against Argentina and Italy, but in truth numerous players didn't peform.

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - "Thanks for the memories folks, but I've been offered Stuart Lancaster's job with England so I resign with immediate effect". Hang on, perhaps I was dreaming.
V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - so much competition. There's Alive555 for his irrational hatred and bizarre attacks on RDW. There's RiskySports for managing to insult NDL in each and every post. There's Majestic for seeming to know absolutely every pro player who qualifies to play for Scotland. There's GC for his deep love of rugby players who herald from Ayr - don't ask him to choose between Finn Russell and his family.... There's dear old ASBO, with his passion for Mark Bennett, Exeter rugby and Nicola Sturgeon. Schizoid and Jimbo (have they eloped yet?) - the anti-Edinburgh bandwagon who support Glasgow first, Scotland second and whoever is playing Edinburgh 3rd. RuggerRadge - whose rather limited participation on these board of late is down to him still trying to finish that 10k. RDW - our fearless administrator, who has managed to juggle his administration duties with making a complete "Ben Atiga" of the Edinburgh tram network.

My vote goes to my old foe friend ASBO. This is in no way a sympathy vote for the inevitable outcome in September. No way at all.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 07 Jul 2014, 11:11 am

Great thread RDW
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 07 Jul 2014, 12:04 pm

Frankly, I think all those who have stayed firm and unwavering in their support for Scotland this season deserve an award. It was, to quote the Queen, an annus horribilis and to make matters worse the coach was an a nus horribilis with a mulletus horribilis to boot.

I must confess in the Calcutta Cup, I stopped watching this year. It was just too awful. My only hope that Cotter can restore some pride to the Scotland performances and introduce some steel to the pack. Say what you like about the backs that have played for Scotland in recent times (and actually, apart from the perennial problems of flyhalf and centres, this backline is not too shabby when compared to others less recent) but one thing you used to rely on was set piece solidity. Even that seemed to fall to the wayside last season.

Cotter's reign hasn't got off to the best start. Whichever lunatic finalised that Contiki scheduling this June needs to be humiliated in public and subsequently flogged. It's an uphill task being a Scottish supporter, but let us hope there's some green shoots of recovery this season so by the time the RWC arrives, we can have false hope of a new dawn and the phantom dark horses can ride once again to the beat of the drum and the piper.  Braveheart

Last edited by kiakahaaotearoa on Mon 07 Jul 2014, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : idiotic swear filter.)

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Jul 2014, 12:38 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Frankly, I think all those who have stayed firm and unwavering in their support for Scotland this season deserve an award. It was, to quote the Queen, an annus horribilis and to make matters worse the coach was an a nus horribilis with a mulletus horribilis to boot.

Laugh 

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 07 Jul 2014, 12:40 pm

I should be working, but this is much more interesting:

Edinburgh player of the year - Cornel du Preez
Edinburgh young player of the year - Grant Gilchrist
'Gunner' of the year - Geoff Cross
Surprise of the year - Jack 'be nimble' Cuthbert
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season - Sam Beard, narrowly beating Nikki Walker

Glasgow player of the year - Robert Harley
Glasgow young player of the year - Jonny Gray (more consistent than Finn Russell)
'Warrior' of the year - Joshua Strauss
Surprise of the year - Leone Nakarawa - unexpectedly amazing athlete
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season - Byron McGuigan for fecking off before the season had even ended

Scotland player of the year - Tommy Seymour
Scotland young player of the year - Jonny Gray
Scotsman of the year - Mark Dodson - for getting the sponsorship side right for once
Surprise of the year - Mark Bennett/Uncle Dougie not getting a Scotland cap or scheduling a Springbok test outside a test window at the end of a long season
The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - Stuart Hogg - leave getting red carded and dropping all of your teammate into the excrement to Nathan Hines

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - Johnson on the 11-2 penalty count which sunk Scotland against France in the 6N:

"You can't tell me in an even contest there is that much disparity between two teams. "You can't tell me that. I won't have it! I've given up seeking clarity [from the referee]. I can't get my breath back, I'd rather talk about something else."

V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - Tough one. Has to be Maj for rugby knowledge and IanBru/Jimbopip for humour.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 07 Jul 2014, 12:51 pm

GC deserves an award for his pictures.

Let's face it, the rugby was utter pish but the pics lightened the mood and the impending sense of doom was held back, albeit briefly.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 1:31 pm

Edinburgh player of the year - Du Preez
Edinburgh young player of the year - Gilchrist
'Gunner' of the year - WP Nel (playing pretty much 80 minutes of every game
Surprise of the year - Jack 'much quicker than expected' Cuthbert
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season - Andreas Strauss - he hasn't been bad really, just not really stood out!

'Warrior' of the year - Big Al for guiding his team to the final
Surprise of the year - Finn Russell - where did he come from??
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season - Got to be Barry Mcguigan for buggering off.

Scotland player of the year - Tommy Seymour, although very few contenders

Scotland young player of the year - Grant Gilchrist for his work on the tour

Scotsman of the year - Geoff Cross for showing how much it meant to play for Scotland

Surprise of the year - Duncan Weir - I expected a lot more from him in his 2nd season and he has been poor

The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - He's not been our worst player, but Sean Maitland deserves a mention for putting in fairly average performances and only scoring 1 try in 12 games.

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - That one about the bikinis

V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - GC for his excellent match threads

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 07 Jul 2014, 2:07 pm

Edinburgh player of the year - Cornell Du Preez
'Gunner' of the year - Jack Cuthbert
Surprise of the year - Jack Cuthbert : Got to Elaborate a bit here. I think I was front and centre in the  picard  brigade when it was announced he was coming to Edinburgh. Let's be honest he has his limitations. However when he counters he makes ground, he is always fantastically positioned and he makes his tackles.
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season - Nikki Walker, what has he done?

Glasgow player of the year - Tommy Seymour
Glasgow young player of the year - Johnny Gray
Surprise of the year - Finn Russell
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season - Barry McGuigon, and honourable mention for Niko for his sucidal performance against Leinster in the pro12 final.

Scotland player of the year - Dave Denton
Scotland young player of the year - Alex Dunbar
Scotsman of the year -  Dr Cross
Surprise of the year - How Poor Maitland has been playing
The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - Hogg hasn't been great and his antics in Wales were unforgivable.

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - "If it looks like a pig, it's a pig" oe my personal favourite before the Italy game : "It's like CSI. In Week 1 all we left was fingerprints. In the second week we had eye witnesses to the event, so there was improvement. But in the third week we still want to be there when the police arrive."

V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - Nice that my absence was noted by FES, although noted probably not missed!

GC has done an epic job with these match threads, RDW has kept everyone in line all the while ASBO continues his unwavering support for "The King in the North".
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:43 pm

I'm pleased there are others singling out Tommy Seymour. I think one of Visser and Maitland should be dropped for the AIs, short of a complete reversal of form.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 07 Jul 2014, 6:50 pm

'Gunner' of the year - Dr Cross, anyone good enough to play in the Glasgow front row deserves a mention and the good doctor deserves an award for his commitment during the summer tour.
Surprise of the year - Jack Cuthbert : always considered him a one-paced donkey- however he is a very effective full back.
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season - Nikki Walker, what has he done? Exactly what he has always done, actually.

Glasgow player of the year - Josh Strauss
'Warrior' of the year - Big Al, there is only one. Though Harley, Gray and Angela are heading that way.
Surprise of the year - Every time Big Naka gets the ball.
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season - Barry McGuigon for running away.

Scotland player of the year - Matt Scott I'm in the Carwyn James camp when it comes to attacking centres.
Scotsman of the year - Dr Cross, truly heroic devotion to the cause.
Surprise of the year - The continued good humour and indefatigability of you lot on here.
The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - Can't Throw Won't Hook

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - Of Ross Rennie, "He can do things on the field that I can't coach. I like that." If you replace "that" with "and" it all makes sense.
V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) It's a dead heat between ASBO for taking me to his local where the entertainment climaxed with the landlord's dog sitting in the fire then running around the room with it's arse on fire while an opera singer tried to entice me to open my sporran by screeching arias from The Ring Cycle (imagine Mrs Doyle does Metallica), and IAN BRU. The Bru-ster simply for gazing in open mouthed wonder at Schiz, before the Munster semi, and solemnly intoning "Jeeze he looks exactly like I imagined!"

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 07 Jul 2014, 7:02 pm

jimbopip wrote:
V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) It's a dead heat between ASBO for taking me to his local where the entertainment climaxed with the landlord's dog sitting in the fire then running around the room with it's arse on fire while an opera singer tried to entice me to open my sporran by screeching arias from The Ring Cycle (imagine Mrs Doyle does Metallica), and IAN BRU. The Bru-ster simply for gazing in open mouthed wonder at Schiz, before the Munster semi, and solemnly intoning "Jeeze he looks exactly like I imagined!"

Laugh 

clap 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 07 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm

I can't believe there is no mention of your scout and reporter on talent from South Africa.  steam 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Jul 2014, 8:46 pm

Provided Bresler is better than VDW I'll nominate you next year. I hold you personally responsible for the non entity that is Andries Strauss, so no nomination this year.......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:00 pm

Gawd this is taking me away from my ballooning trip across the Russian Steppe with Mrs Schiz and the Schizolettes.   Here goes:

Edinburgh player of the year - dunno - 'Frodo' Laidlaw for nearly kicking an unlikely win for them at Scotstoun when we stopped playing with 10 to go.
Edinburgh young player of the year - dunno
'Gunner' of the year - dunno
Surprise of the year - that they finished 3rd bottom and not bottom - they did didn't they ?
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season - any of their match day 23  except Scott and fleetingly Frodo - see above.

Glasgow player of the year - Robert Harley
Glasgow young player of the year - Johnny 'Junior' Gray jnr.
'Warrior' of the year - Big Al K   although James 'Jedi' Eddie runs him close.
Surprise of the year - That Josh 'Bluto' Strauss lasted the whole season - incredible what he puts himself through. Also how Richie Vernon swapped from back row to winger/centre - awesome !
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season - can only really be Byron McG- no other candidates here tbh.

Scotland player of the year - Tommy 'Tennessee Tam' Seymour
Scotland young player of the year - Johnny 'Junior' Gray jnr.
Scotsman of the year - Scrum Doctor
Surprise of the year - that no-one from those dimwitted morons at the SRU had the sense/cojones to tell that complete bell-end Johnson to feck off back to Oz sharpish
The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - thought David 'Lovely Hair' Denton but really Ross 'Dross' Ford is head and shoulders above (unlike his line out jumpers) all 300 others who have played in the dark blue in this category. BTW Frodo was crap too.

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - Did not listen to a word of the drivel this dunce spouted.

V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - fES for being pompous and all establishment/unionist/royalist/imperialist thingy - and at times quite amusing.   Other than that Wee Bru, who I may just have a quiet word with at the Quins game next month if he said what Jimbo said he said about me ! mad 

Right back to navigating by the stars.  See youse all next month

Dosvadanya !

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 07 Jul 2014, 10:22 pm

Edinburgh player of the year - Roddy Grant: Got truly stuck in and his desire to play for Scotland must be admired. Nothing flashy, just hard work - constantly. The one that got away from Cotter... (for just now).

Edinburgh young player of the year - Joint Grant Gilchrist & Tom Brown

'Gunner' of the year - Geoff Cross, the SRU's treatment of him was abhorrent.

Surprise of the year - Victories/performances over Gloucester and Perpignan. Jack "Zimmer"  Cuthbert for player.
--------------------------
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season game - Got to be the Toolis/Denton cameos...  picard  For season, Nikki Walker. Tried to re-ignite an intl career but it just didn't happen. Somehow think a few years in league would suit him to finish off.

Glasgow player of the year - Jonny Gray

Glasgow young player of the year - Finn Russell

'Warrior' of the year - Rob Harley

Surprise of the year - Nakarawa

The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season - Surprisingly I think there are a few candidates and more than I could think of than for Edinburgh. (I suppose Glasgow have higher standards...). Mcuigan [Glasgow I feel are just too good for him, pity), Low [Unimpressive, Exeter will work him hard], Ryder [Given the injuries to Kellock, intl duties for Gray/Swninson, Ryder should have been seen more this season], Weir [was badly rocked by the 6N - jury's out on weather the damage is mendable], Horne Perhaps unfair, but he never looked cut out at centre as he had done(?) in pvs season. IMO, there is a weight to attribute scale for centres. Light=High agility (Evans) Heavy=High Bash/Power (Nonu/Tuilagi...Dunbar). Horne is fairly small and just isn't agile enough. Perhaps a move to Edinburgh would be useful to get more gametime to try things/get back to where he was.  
----------------------------
Scotland player of the year - Tommy Seymour

Scotland young player of the year - Gilchrist for stepping in/up as captain vs Argentina - tough job done well Creditworthy: Ashe, Bennett - was very diplomatic when on Radio Scotland commentary vs Canada when asked why he just wasn't getting picked. I'd not be able to hold it in.

Scotsman of the year - Geoff Cross

Surprise of the year - At the time, win vs Canada. Ross Ford making a carry.  

The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - Ryan Wilson and Duncan Weir, Horne [as above], Richie Gray [under inspiring to the extreme]
----------------------------

Future Prospects (Intl):

So we've had quite a tough season to say the least. But I think that at full strength our squad for the RWC looks quite pleasing. Add to that some toughening up/gametime for key players (Ruairdh Jackson moving to Wasps - different environment and goalkicking pressures could help solidify an area of weakness/Heathcote to EDI/Cusitergetting gametime with a high quality Aviva team in a challenging competition/Jonny Gray getting some big game experience and will be calling lineouts) and we should have a nicely balanced team that  Fingers Crossed  will avoid potential calamities vs lower ranked teams. Given full strength and players at full potential, does this not seem tasty?

Grant(L)  Ford (L)  Murray (L)
Gray (L)     Gray
Harley         Beattie?
Strauss
Cusiter (c)(L)
  Russell
Scott         Dunbar
Maitland/Seymour (L) Visser Hogg (L)

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 08 Jul 2014, 1:00 am

After my self-imposed semi-sabbatical from these boards since the Pro12 final, my batteries are re-charged, my eyebrows are plucked, and I'm ready for some madness!

Edinburgh player of the year – Roddy Grant – So often the forgotten man, he was central to Edinburgh’s HC wins, and damned impressive whenever he took to the field. I’m so pleased to see him get his shot at Glasgow 2014.
Edinburgh young player of the year – Greig Tonks – If he can recover his pre-injury form, I’d be very happy to see him play for Scotland.
'Gunner' of the year – WP Nel – More than 3,000 minutes played. I haven’t played that much GoldenEye 007 this year.
Surprise of the year – Jack Cuthbert – He can play at fullback. I’m serious, I’ve seen it.
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season - Andries Strauss – to miss-quote the Bhagavad Gita, “I am become sloth, the destroyer of overlaps”

Glasgow player of the year – Gordon Reid – The most unassuming, quietly heroic and overall daft bugger you’ve ever seen.
Glasgow young player of the year – Finn Russell – Way better than your friend’s sister. (but nothing compared to your sister’s friend)
'Warrior' of the year – Rob Harley – When Rob Harley slamed a door. The door apologised.
Surprise of the year – Leone Nakarawa – The best hands since Liberace.
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season – Scott Wight – The only player to leave Glasgow and actually make us stronger.

Scotland player of the year – Tommy Seymour – My pocket rocket. Wait… that’s not… give me a minute, folks.
Scotland young player of the year – Grant Gilchrist - The quiet giant, back to his barnstorming best, and now a viable option for Scotland captain. He’ll grow, and that’s a bloody exciting prospect.
Scotsman of the year – Jonny Gray – The boy has become a man. Now let’s find 45 stout men to carry him on a chair.
Surprise of the year – Duncan Weir - This man has two stones of destiny.
The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season – Ross Ford - Still.

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year – “Scotland may have to go to some dark places, but we'll bring some torches” – Mr Johnson plans out the search for his employment prospects.
V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental:
In no particular order –
- RDW and FES: five-time winners of the IanBru ‘Keep Your Chin Up’ Award. Keep at it, you pair of legends!
- Gibson: the greatest Irishman since Terri Hooley and winner of the ‘Honourable Glaswegian’ award for late-night awesomeness.
- George Carlin: for single-handedly providing better match previews than the entire Murdoch media empire. Doesn’t hack phones (I think). ESPN are missing a trick.
- TJ: winner of the “Marshall Zhukov Order of the Red Banner” for his tireless fight against PRL-led European idiocy.
- Alive555: for reminding me never to lose my exit visa when holidaying in the Orient.
- Biltong: For his outstanding contribution to the forum, and showing that it’s possible to love your team without ragging on others.
- Schitz: yes, exactly how I imagined – honest, dedicated, and utterly nuts. The model Glasgow Warriors supporter, and a true legend. (Did I dodge that bullet? NO?? [Checks the locks, prepares escape route])
- JimboPip – What can you say? You can best judge a man by what he does with his hands. Jim’s hand is constantly outstretched, looking for new friends. Possibly the only man to discuss French philosophy whilst holding a pint of Best.
- RuggerRadge: Too rarely seen on these boards, he makes up for it by helming a high-quality twitter account - give this man a follow!
- ASBO: For reminding me that there is life after 70, and that a man’s worth lies not in his colour, but in the colour he paints his roads.

You’re all wonderful people, but my award actually goes to Nematode, my newcomer of the year, for his outstanding contributions to the cause!

I know I’ve forgotten people, but I had a job interview today and I probably couldn’t remember my girlfriend’s birthday if asked. Come to think of it, when is it? Was it in June? Oh, Christ on a bendy bus… [uses escape route]
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 08 Jul 2014, 7:38 am

Laugh 

Some brilliant posts in here!

Agree with Bru - we've had a lot of good newcomers here but the timing of Nematode's arrival on here and the character he created was fantastic

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 08 Jul 2014, 8:08 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Provided Bresler is better than VDW I'll nominate you next year. I hold you personally responsible for the non entity that is Andries Strauss, so no nomination this year.......
To be fair, I wasn't the one who recommended him Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 08 Jul 2014, 1:13 pm

Surprise of the year - winning a match

The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season -Niko - you can photo shop a player into a glamour shot, but once you take off the dressing if you find a mad pudding of creative titanic's you lose the will to turn to page 3.

Scotsman of the year - Dr Cross
Surprise of the year - Winning 3 matches in the recent series without the ability to catch a ball
(Second surprise - still haveing fans after the rubbish being given to us)
(third surprise -no overdraft)
(Forth Surprise - ASBO and FES cuddling)

The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - Hogg = being a footballs WAG (Want'b a God) does not make it into Rugby Time - especially if u have been poopie

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - "If we win we lose, so better to lose than find we have not won by bringing the bull to the big top"

V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - Nematode = as for a worm to turn with such style and humour takes more than just belief it takes grass seed

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 08 Jul 2014, 2:44 pm

Riskysports wrote:Edinburgh player of the year - Cornell Du Preez
Surprise of the year - winning a match

The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season -Niko - you can photo shop a player into a glamour shot, but once you take off the dressing if you find a mad pudding of creative titanic's you lose the will to turn to page 3.

Scotsman of the year -  Dr Cross
Surprise of the year - Winning 3 matches in the recent series without the ability to catch a ball
(Second surprise - still haveing fans after the rubbish being given to us)
(third surprise -no overdraft)
(Forth Surprise - ASBO and FES cuddling)

The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - Hogg  = being a footballs WAG (Want'b a God) does not make it into Rugby Time - especially if u have been poopie

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - "If we win we lose, so better to lose than find we have not won by bringing the bull to the big top"

V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - Nematode = as for a worm to turn with such style and humour takes more than just belief it takes grass seed

That is worthy of the "Scott Johnson-esque quote of the year" award!

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Tue 08 Jul 2014, 3:21 pm

Crying or Very sad 

So emotional, thanks IanBru and RiskySports.  Yahoo

Hug 

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 09 Jul 2014, 12:49 pm

Gonna give it until Friday then I'll compile the winners.

In the event of a tie, I'll decide.  Very Happy 

Gonna use my Admin powers to tweet the winners using the V2 rugby Twitter account - hopefully get us some publicity!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 09 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm

Is it true that the Scottish Moderator(s) and Administrator(s) are going to fund a lavish prize for the 606v2 poster of the year?

What a good idea....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 09 Jul 2014, 1:21 pm

Well given that GC is a lawyer in the middle east earning loadsa money and I am a civil engineer in Scotland earning bugger all, I'll let him sort that one out!  Very Happy 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 09 Jul 2014, 1:30 pm

The prize surely ought to depend on the winner. I mean you'll make Schiz's day with 6 tins of Special Brew, but for gents such as ASBO, IanBru or Nematode I'd suggest something more refined.

Tough call, but expectations are on the rise......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 09 Jul 2014, 1:35 pm

I'm pretty sure ASBO would be happy with a cup of Horlicks and a comfortable seat.

Anything but garlic for Nematode...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 09 Jul 2014, 1:46 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Well given that GC is a lawyer in the middle east earning loadsa money and I am a civil engineer in Scotland earning bugger all, I'll let him sort that one out!  Very Happy 
It's a fair point, although with that delgation you have substantially increased the chances of me being the winner.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 09 Jul 2014, 1:48 pm

Let's just all agree to donate the substantial prize fund (thanks GC) to a good cause.

Better Together?

Whistle

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 09 Jul 2014, 3:40 pm

Nematode wrote:Crying or Very sad 

So emotional, thanks IanBru and RiskySports.  Yahoo

Hug 

Well you got a hard time from fans on here. They blamed you for the pitch, which affected the play and made the Scottish team rubbish again. It also caused Edinburgh to forget how to tackle, score, win, and prance over the line

It was not all your fault - you just wanted to find a place to live - and what do they do, they Garlic you and then ship you off to a 'holding camp'

It is not right - I tell ya

Free the Nematode one! Emo 

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 09 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm

Edinburgh player of the year - Cornell
Edinburgh young player of the year - Gilchrist
'Gunner' of the year - Nel
Surprise of the year - Cuthbert
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season - Strauss

Glasgow player of the year - Ginger Boab
'Warrior' of the year - Naka
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season - Hogg

Scotland player of the year - Scott (12)
Scotland young player of the year - Jonny Gray
Scotsman of the year - Shlong
Surprise of the year - Dunbar
The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - Ross Ford

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - "They like to play rugby above the ground"
V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - Gotta be GC for his match threads! Though a close second to FES for joining me in noising up RDW with better together advantages!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 09 Jul 2014, 5:05 pm

tigertattie wrote:[/b]V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - Gotta be GC for his match threads! Though a close second to FES for joining me in noising up RDW with better together advantages!

mad 

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 09 Jul 2014, 5:08 pm

I reckon Dougie Fife deserves an honourable mention.

During his fjrst cap for Scotland Hogg got sent off early on and he spent the rest of the game chasing shadows and we lost by 50 points.

During his 2nd game we were completely destroyed and we lost by 50 points.

I'd fully understand if he decided to retire from Scotland duty after 2 caps!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 09 Jul 2014, 5:18 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Awards  

Edinburgh player of the year - Cornel Du Preez
Edinburgh young player of the year - Ummm, does Dougie Fife qualify?
'Gunner' of the year - Grant Gilchrist
Surprise of the year - Jack Cuthbert, not as useless as we all thought.
The Jack Gilding award for worst player of the season - Andries Strauss

Surprise of the year - Jon Welsh, didn't think he'd make the transition to tighthead so well.
The Daryl Gibson award for worst player of the season - Close call between Weir and MacArthur - both have seen their stock slip.

Scotland player of the year - Tough one. I'm going to go with Tommy Seymour.
Scotland young player of the year - Umm, I'll go with Jonny Gray. More for his potential than his performances in a Scotland jersey. Needs more opportunity next season.
Scotsman of the year - Geoff Cross, for obvious reasons.
Surprise of the year - Scott Johnson - I had no idea he was that bad a coach/selector.
The 'Andy Henderson on the wing' award for worst player of the season - Weir has had a bit of a stinker, despite the winners against Argentina and Italy, but in truth numerous players didn't peform.

Miscellaneous

Scott Johnson quote of the year - "Thanks for the memories folks, but I've been offered Stuart Lancaster's job with England so I resign with immediate effect". Hang on, perhaps I was dreaming.
V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - so much competition. There's Alive555 for his irrational hatred and bizarre attacks on RDW. There's RiskySports for managing to insult NDL in each and every post. There's Majestic for seeming to know absolutely every pro player who qualifies to play for Scotland. There's GC for his deep love of rugby players who herald from Ayr - don't ask him to choose between Finn Russell and his family.... There's dear old ASBO, with his passion for Mark Bennett, Exeter rugby and Nicola Sturgeon. Schizoid and Jimbo (have they eloped yet?) - the anti-Edinburgh bandwagon who support Glasgow first, Scotland second and whoever is playing Edinburgh 3rd. RuggerRadge - whose rather limited participation on these board of late is down to him still trying to finish that 10k. RDW - our fearless administrator, who has managed to juggle his administration duties with making a complete "Ben Atiga" of the Edinburgh tram network.

My vote goes to my old foe friend ASBO. This is in no way a sympathy vote for the inevitable outcome in September. No way at all.

Hey, when he isn't playing and using his jubblies for hands to waft away the smell from his latest brain fart, i hardly ever mention him.....

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 09 Jul 2014, 6:05 pm

Schiz said,

Right back to navigating by the stars.  See youse all next month

Dosvadanya !

Don't you remember the last time you let young Nicolette (the youngest Schizolette) navigate by the stars?
You were as far off course as one of Ross Ford's back of the line throws until Lady Schiz piped up with,
"That's no a starr, that's yer daddy's nose hen."

Last edited by jimbopip on Thu 10 Jul 2014, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed 09 Jul 2014, 9:11 pm

Folks, I'm going to be sticking my head in the soil for a week or two. Been a great season, with some future Scotland stars I'm sure making their names. Although we end on a bok-hammering, Glasgow have established themselves as a top 2/4 Pro12 team and Edinburgh should be, after a full pre-season, a lot more promising (top 6?). With 2 good pro teams, who knows, we could (without getting as over hopeful as an English football fan...  Run  ) be in for an OK Autumn/RWC.

See you again soon.

Run  Bubbly  Whisky  cider  cider  vomit   picard  Headscratch

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 Jul 2014, 7:34 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
tigertattie wrote:[/b]V2 poster honourable mention for being interesting, funny or just plain mental (Schitz - I'm looking at you) - Gotta be GC for his match threads! Though a close second to FES for joining me in noising up RDW with better together advantages!

mad 
Scottish rugby end of season summary and awards Acigar10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:52 am

IanBru wrote:
- TJ: winner of the “Marshall Zhukov Order of the Red Banner” for his tireless fight against PRL-led European idiocy.
-

I thank my manager, my pubbic and the good marshal himself for this *blubbers*

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:05 pm

TJ wrote:
IanBru wrote:
-

I thank my manager, my pubbic and the good marshal himself for this *blubbers*

Public or pubic?  censored 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:06 pm

public pubic I think * is confuzzled*

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:08 pm

I think the pubis does tireless and largely thankless work so well done on putting the spotlight on yours but at the same time I'm drawing a veil on it. Obviously not literally...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:00 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:The prize surely ought to depend on the winner. I mean you'll make Schiz's day with 6 tins of Special Brew, but for gents such as ASBO, IanBru or Nematode I'd suggest something more refined.

Tough call, but expectations are on the rise......
For your information:
Champagne gives me a headache,
White wine lowers my standards, and red wine raises them,
Whisky makes me sleepy, vodka makes me angry, rum makes me funny (I think), and tequila makes me sick.
Lager makes me burp, stout makes me shout and bitter gives me a tendency to bite her.

But gin? Gin gets me out, makes me sing,
carries me home and tucks me in.
Keep your limes, give me a lemon.
I'm still drinking gin at half-past eleven.
Gin for the win.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 10 Jul 2014, 9:43 pm

Bru bro' ... a very florid and poetic description of the positive powers of Bacchus. Although you did miss out my own experience (repeated many times under laboratory conditions) alcohol, in any of its guises, makes me irresistibly attractive to the laydeez.
But they do have to drink a helluva lot.
Seriously though the poetry is just a tad MFL. Careful bro.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Thu 10 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm

Jim, there was a third verse composed entirely of rhyming expletives.

Bloody auto-correct.

Whistle
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 10 Jul 2014, 10:31 pm

Ian,  laughing laughing Laugh 

I once had a love like sparkling champagne
that tickled my senses and teased my brain
without her bubbles my life is as plain
as mud without puddles and sky without rain
O lord let me be drunk again.

That's one of my own would you believe. Don't tell Schiz, he'll exile me to Stockbridge. Again.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 12 Jul 2014, 10:18 am

That was defo fES in the audience on Question Time from Inverness on Thursday evening. I might be mental but he was barking - very, very funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 21 Jul 2014, 12:43 pm

He was hillarious!!!!!

Also,

who has won what award?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 21 Jul 2014, 12:51 pm

Apologies folks - was meaning to do this last Friday but ended up being busy.

Will take a look soon and sort out he awards.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 21 Jul 2014, 1:54 pm

Commonwealth Games in Glasgow- the friendly games. Some South African journalists share their experience of 'friendly' Glasgow taxi drivers!

http://www.sascoc.co.za/2014/07/20/fun-and-games-for-some/

Wink 

I love Glasgow. They don't take any shoite in that part of the world
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next