The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA major announcement (It's legit for once)

+9
theundisputedY2D2
Adam D
RinoGattuso
Samo
XR
Marky
Dr Gregory House MD
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
13 posters

Go down

TNA major announcement (It's legit for once)  Empty TNA major announcement (It's legit for once)

Post by Fernando Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:26 am

TNA major announcement (It's legit for once)  ?dt=SAZZ

Just hours before TNA's massive IMPACT tapings begin in New York City, TNA President Dixie Carter and legendary Japanese icon the Great Muta held a press conference at the Manhattan Center to announce that, for the first time, the annual Bound For Glory pay-per-view will take place in Tokyo, Japan at Korakeun Hall!

This year will mark the 10th Anniversary of the annual Bound For Glory event and will certainly be the biggest and most exciting year yet!

Additionally, it was revealed today that Team 3D will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame in Tokyo as well! The most decorated Tag Team in history, Team 3D have done many tours of Japan and held the country's most prestigious tag team gold!

Bound For Glory will be held on October 12, 2014

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

TNA major announcement (It's legit for once)  Empty Re: TNA major announcement (It's legit for once)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:47 am

Interesting move. Kick in the teeth to the English fans in my view.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

TNA major announcement (It's legit for once)  Empty Re: TNA major announcement (It's legit for once)

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:13 am

Korakuen is a very intimate venue that only seats just over 2000 iirc, so at least TNA hasn't gone madly ambitious with a soiree to the Tokyo Dome or anything, that said AJ Styles is currently failing as IWGP Champion as a large portion of the fans do not know who he is, which pretty much sums up how mad I think this idea is

I agree with Chris though, I think this is a kick in the teeth to the UK who not only treat TNA like a hot product but would be more viable in terms of time difference, I can't fathom how TNA would make these shows line up as Japan & the US are roughly 12 hours apart, looks like Muta may be the new Hogan when it comes to having Dixies ear

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:23 am

if 12 hrs apart that would be 9am Monday morning  Erm Japanese are efficient and wont miss work.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:29 am

It's the other way around 'Nando but I still don't think that makes things any better

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:50 am

Isnt Japan 13 hrs ahead Dr  Erm  so if 9pm Usa it'll be 10am monday morning in Japan weird time for a ppv

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:15 am

Fernando wrote:Isnt Japan 13 hrs ahead Dr  Erm  so if 9pm Usa it'll be 10am monday morning in Japan weird time for a ppv

Oh yeh you're right, I just did a quick google and got mixed up, my bad thumbsup

I imagine it'll be done to suit the Japanese anyways, their association with Muta and Wrestle-1 is the only chance they've got of drawing a decent gate, though unless you are NJPW drawing 1000+ fans will be a tall order

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:18 pm

It'll most likely be recorded Sunday night in Japan and shown "as live" in the USA.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:27 pm

This has the potential to bomb so hard. Japanese crowds aren't like american/british ones, they're basically doing this just to get Muta.

2000 in japan could have been 5000+ in UK

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:31 pm

TNA need to make a hardline decision if they want to be genuine competitors to the 'E or a big Indy Fed. Find they're identity and stick to it instead of a muddled, confused mess of both.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 am

I mean, its interesting and its the biggest story wrestling fans can actually discuss about TNA that they've had for a while. And its not a bad move as such, just not likely to be a good one either. Considering how little of a sh*t TNA give about their PPVs anyway then I don't think it'll matter to them. Their PPV numbers at home are so low anyway that I doubt it'll negatively affect their numbers.

But the UK would go nuts for a TNA PPV.*

*Well, its bizarre TNA fanbase anyway

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:57 am

Apparently the six-sided ring is making a comeback aswell.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:07 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Interesting move. Kick in the teeth to the English fans in my view.

Aye, cos the English are owed everything...

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:30 am

RinoGattuso wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Interesting move. Kick in the teeth to the English fans in my view.

Comparatively, yes. They give TNA rather a lot and make their shows here very good. Their viewing figures are strong here too. Although it might be nice if they left England be and were independent of the place.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:43 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
RinoGattuso wrote:

Comparatively, yes. They give TNA rather a lot and make their shows here very good. Their viewing figures are strong here too. Although it might be nice if they left England be and were independent of the place.  

So TNA = Scotland?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Korakuen is a very intimate venue that only seats just over 2000 iirc, so at least TNA hasn't gone madly ambitious with a soiree to the Tokyo Dome or anything, that said AJ Styles is currently failing as IWGP Champion as a large portion of the fans do not know who he is, which pretty much sums up how mad I think this idea is

I agree with Chris though, I think this is a kick in the teeth to the UK who not only treat TNA like a hot product but would be more viable in terms of time difference, I can't fathom how TNA would make these shows line up as Japan & the US are roughly 12 hours apart, looks like Muta may be the new Hogan when it comes to having Dixies ear

TNA booking the Tokyo Dome is all different kinds of win. What does that place hold? Like 64,000 or something isn't it?

TNA would have 640 in attendance. And claim it was a capacity crowd on hand.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:05 am

Adam D wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
RinoGattuso wrote:

So TNA = Scotland?

Nah. ICW + Grado = Scotland  Wink 

I'd dispute whether this is actually "major" news. As some have already said, its more "interesting", for the reasons already given. TNA have evidently been making major efforts to grow their Japanese fanbase, including taking on Sanada and putting the X Division belt on him (at a Japanese show too) and this just looks to be a natural progression.

Maybe they figure they've been doing a lot of work in the UK recently and can afford to give it a break. After all, they do their Maximum Impact tours here. Plus, they know they're always second fiddle to WWE in the US.

If they do bring back the 6-sided ring, I hope it becomes a permanent fixture. I don't know why but it just seems cooler (or maybe thats just the old matches I watch on YouTube).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:12 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
If they do bring back the 6-sided ring, I hope it becomes a permanent fixture. I don't know why but it just seems cooler (or maybe thats just the old matches I watch on YouTube).

It certainly set them apart and was a talking point, but some of the guys (especially Austin Aries) have been very vocal against it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:18 am

Back at the endgof 2009 when they decided they'd get rid of it to coincide with Hogan joining them at the start of 2010 i felt it was a good move and the most logcal, the Hogan link up at the time was a huge deal and seen as very ambitious and one that could propel them to actually being better than WWE, WWE at the time were cruising, hadn't had any real competition for almost a decade and had fallen into a safe area comfort zone since the whole Benoit incident.

Changing the ring to seem seemed the most logical thing to do if main stream America were ever going to take TNA seriously as the pretender to the Wrestling thrown, as tine passed though my enjoyment of TNA waned big time, mostly through their insistance to swerve the audiance at the expense of logic but also because TNA lost its identity, I was wrong 4 and a half years ago when I was saying how much they need a 4 sided ring, the 6 sided ring can be awkward but I also think its an absolutely huge marker for them from a visual point of view.

It signifies their difference in my opinion, I'm not sure if I'll ever get back into TNA again as I was pre Hogan, I've tried, but I certainly think the 6 sided ring helps promote them as a WWE alternative rather than a WWE-lite

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:45 am

I almost think it does that in a bad way. Now lazy wrestling fans or people who used to like wrestling might switch on and think "Oh this is some weird alternative version" and not bother. Or "this isnt what I used to like".

If a 6-sided ring was gonna make a difference then they wouldnt have ever changed away, and other companies would have done it or be doing it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:50 pm

Well im 2009 when they made the decision to change it there is a major argument for it working, they were only in business for 7 years and already had a weekly 2 hour show and had a 3rd of the viewers WWE had, most importantly, they had their own identity, can anyone truly say that today?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 pm

But you know the two points don't relate

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:07 pm

For me, TNA was never about the 6 sided ring but when they first started out they had an identity but in a different format. The ring was something different but at the end of the day what appealed to the fans was what was going on in the ring. They had ridiculously talented guys in the form of Samoa Joe (who still is one of the best in the world), AJ Styles, the MCMG, and their X Division was full of guys who could entertain. the high flying and the leave it all in the ring attitude was what made me fall in love with TNA back in the day.

This was what made TNA stand out, not the ring.

But from this announcement, it seems that Dixie has found herself a new Hulk Hogan in the form of the Great Muta. He says jump, and she'll say how high.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Yeah i was thinking the same in terms of the great muta he does seem to have a lot of sway with the top of TNA right now

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down